Chapter 14

I'm Not Predictable

As soon as the movie was done I stood up and made an excuse to leave, it was 5:00pm and Sandeul would be by the room in an hour.

“Don’t come back to the room too late, Ca.” I told my sister.

She rolled her eyes and nodded. She knows I’m mostly kidding.

“Channie.” I turned to him with a serious expression, and then smiled. “Don’t let her corrupt you.”

From a serious expression, he began laughing. “I thought you were going to threaten me.”

“Yeah, yeah, really funny Jessy.” My sister said with her arms crossed.

“Bye, Baro.” I bowed to him, and then turned to Jinyoung. “Bye, Jinyoung.”

“I’ll walk you out.” He offered and even though I preferred he didn’t, I nodded. I know what you all are thinking… I’m crazy, I’m stupid, and there is something wrong with me. Well, I have some pride, okay. Just because Jinyoung is very good looking and very pleasing doesn’t mean I’m going to around with him when I actually like Sandeul. I would probably around with him if it wasn’t for Sandeul though.

As soon as we were out the door, I bowed and turned to leave. However, Jinyoung stopped me, by grabbing my wrist. I looked at him confused.

He quickly let go and ruffled his hair in frustration.

“I don’t know what I’m doing.” He said between clenched teeth. “I have been thinking about our encounter every single night… It gets me all hot and bother, I hate it. I don’t have much privacy sharing a room with Shinwoo.”

I just stayed quiet; I was too stunned to speak. He took my silence and continued speaking.

“I am so confuse. I don’t know if it’s because you’re the second girl I’ve been with and that was the first time in a few years I have had again or what. But, my feelings are all over the place.”

I took his pause to speak. “Are you… having feelings for me?” I asked unsurely.

“I don’t know.” He threw his hands up. “I wanted to kiss you today to see if it’s emotional or physical.”

I looked down at my shoes and did not dare to look up at him. I felt so embarrassed.

“Can I please kiss you?” he asked, sounding more like begging.

I bit my bottom lip unsurely. After a few seconds I nodded. Jinyoung looked relieved, he began leaning towards my face. I was panicking but ended up closing my eyes as his lips touched mines. He stood there without moving, our lips only touching. Suddenly he cupped my face and forced me harder into his lips. My eyes shot open. I wanted to pull away but his lips were so soft and his smell was intoxicating my mind. I wrapped my arms around his waist once again closing my eyes. He smiled against my lips and like if on cue we both parted out lips and our tongues shyly met. The shyness soon disappeared as our kiss began heating up. Suddenly, Jinyoung pushed me against the wall, making me grunt at the slight sting. This is so wrong.

He pulled away and with a breathy voice said. “Don’t tempt me with those noises.”

I was about to speak but, he quickly attacked my lips once again. This is so wrong…

Jinyoung’s hand moves to my and slightly squeezed it.

Is he serious? We’re in the hallway, anyone can see us! He separated from my lips and moved on to my neck.

“We should stop.” I said in between moans.

“We should go to your room.” He whispered into my skin.

I groaned. We can’t, Sandeul will be there soon… Oh God, I can’t think straight.

Jinyoung’s right hand was pressing against my lower back, pulling me towards him. I felt lightheaded. I’m too weak.

“Hyung, what’s taking you so long?” Gongchan said as he opened the front door. Jinyoung didn’t have enough time to pull away and saw the image of Jinyoung and my indiscretion.

Gongchan’s eyes widen. “Um, sorry.” He said as he struggled with the close door behind him.

Jinyoung had pulled away and was cursing under his breath. “I’ll talk to him.” With that he left inside, leaving me dumbfounded. I took a deep breath and wiped my mouth with my hand.

I’m such a .

I shook my head and looked at my phone for the time, 5:35pm. I need to leave. I looked towards the dorm once more then turned around and left.

I made it to the room at 5:55pm. I quickly stepped inside and ran to the mirror, my lips and around my mouth was slightly pinkish. I took my make-up and put powder around that area, covering my harlequin actions. About seven minutes later I heard a knock at the door, I calmly walked over.

“Hey.” I said softly.

“Hey.” Sandeul said then hugged me. I felt so at ease.

“How was your day?” I asked as he made his way to the coach.

“Tiring.” He replied as he threw himself on the sofa.

“Want some food?” I offered. I had some leftovers from yesterday’s dinner.

“Yes, of course.” I smiled at his reply.

I made us both a plate of food and brought it to the living room table. I served us two cups of lemon water. We sat facing each other.

Sandeul began eating and I chuckled at his cuteness. “How was hanging out at the dorm?”

“It was good…” I replied, looking down at my food. I didn’t want him to see the shame in my face.

“Sandeul.” I suddenly said in an outburst.

“Yeah.” He said in surprise.

I wanted to tell him everything but what for? He was not my boyfriend or anything. He had no reason to know or care.

I smiled awkwardly. “We should… we should do something fun.” I tried to play it off.

“Like what?” he questioned.

“I’m not sure…” I shrugged. “How about… we go to the park. It’s getting dark outside so it won’t be so hot at this time.

“Sure, sounds good.” He smiled.

I nervously chuckled. At that same moment my phone began ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID.  Jinyoung. I quickly got up and went into my room to talk.

“Hello?”

“Jessy, I spoke with Gongchan.”

I made sure to speak quietly. “What did he say?” I never told Jinyoung that Gongchan knew and I’m guessing Gongchan didn’t either.

“He’s not going to tell anyone.” He sounded relieved.

I sighed; Gongchan must think the worst of me.

“We need to talk.” He stated.

“I know.” I replied and leaned my head against the wall.

“Are you busy now?” He asked.

I looked out the slightly opened door and saw Sandeul in the kitchen washing the dishes. How sweet. “I kind of am.”

“You’re with Sandeul, aren’t you?” He questioned, he accused me with his tone.

“Why do you ask that?” I didn’t deny it.

“Shinwoo came home without him.  Sandeul told him that he was going out and would be home later. Where else would he go?” Jinyoung paused then continued. “Why is he there?”

“We’re friends, why not?” I said defensively.

“Just wondering, you seem to be really close to your friends.” Jinyoung retorted.

“That was out of line, Jinyoung.” I wanted to yell but I didn’t want Sandeul to hear me.

I heard Jinyoung groaned in frustration. “We need to talk about this. I’ll come over as soon as Sandeul comes back to the dorm; no matter how late.”

I shook my head, I’m getting so frustrated. “Fine, I’ll see you later Jinyoung. Bye”

“Bye.”

I placed my phone back in my pocket and walked out the room. Sandeul was sitting on the couch watching TV. I walked over to the living room and sat next to him. I thought he would ask me who I talked to but when he turned to face me all he said was, “Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, we should grab some coffee on our way there.” I suggested.

“Coffee sounds good.”

We both stood up and headed out the door. On our way to the park we stopped by a small coffee shop and got iced coffee. As I grabbed my drink I glanced at Sandeul. He had a black hat on and big glasses, he looked too cute.

“How is it?” Sandeul turned towards me.

I blushed, did he notice I was looking at him. “It’s really good.”

I tried not to smile as I looked down.

“So, do you have anyone waiting for you in Orlando?” Sandeul suddenly asked.

“No not really, my family all live in different states.” I shrugged.

“Nobody special?” Why is he asking?

“Well, yeah.” I replied

“Who?” He looked surprised.

“My friend Kimmy. She’s taking care of the tenants at my apartment while I’m over here.”

“Oh.” He grinned.

Finally, we made it to the park. I ran towards the swings, leaving Sandeul behind.

“Yah, wait!” He shouted as he ran after me.

“I bet I can go higher than you.” I said as I sat on the swing. Sandeul sat on the one next to mines.

“I bet you can’t.”

With that we both began swinging the highest we could; I thought I may have fallen from how high I was going.

“I won!” I celebrated as my swing slowed down.

Sandeul laughed and got up from his swing. I was startled when he grabbed the chain of my swing and pulled me back.

“I’ll push you.” He said as he let go of the chains.

“Okay.” I said nervously.

Every time I felt Sandeul’s hands on my back my heart raced. Why am I being so… delusional?

“So, how do you feel about Gongchan and Cathy being together?” He asked as he kept a steady pace on the swing.

“Well, I’m glad.” I replied with a smile. I’m enjoying being pushed like a little girl. “He’s such a sweetheart.”

“He’s a really caring person.” Sandeul added. “He’s been talking about you a lot these past few days. If it wasn’t for Cathy I would think he is crushing on his noona.”

I chuckled nervously, remembering what Gongchan said the other day. “I’m glad we get along well.”

“He’s right, you know?” Sandeul stated.

“About what?” I questioned, closing my eyes as I swung back a forth. I’m enjoying this way too much.

“About everything he said about you.”  Sandeul replied.

“What did he say?” I was now more curious.

Sandeul suddenly stopped pushing and walked in front of me stopping the swing and standing before me, both hands on the chains.

“That you are smart, sweet, hardworking, and funny.” He was looking down at me and I felt as if his eyes burned right through mines.

“He said that...?” I trailed off, I felt myself blushing.

“He said more.” Sandeul’s voice seemed so soft and sweet. “I could resume it all by saying you’re pretty amazing.”

“Thank you…” I was blushing like crazy, I’m glad it’s kind of dark, and Sandeul can’t really see me.

I looked up at Sandeul’s eyes and he was looking down at mines. I was locked in. ‘Kiss me, Kiss me, KISS ME!’ my mind kept yelling. Sandeul began to lean down; my breathing got caught in my throat. The anticipation was killing me. To my slight disappointment his lips connected with my banged forehead.

He pulled away and smiled. “I’m glad I met you.”

“I’m glad I met you too.” I replied quietly.

I was so confused, what just happened? What does this mean? Was he just being friendly? Does he see me as more?

I thought he would say something else but instead he jerked me up by my hand to a standing position. I looked at him confused.

“My turn, push me.” He said, sounding like a little kid, as he sat on the swing. “I walked behind him and began pushing him. I felt so lost. My night is not nearly over; I still have to see Jinyoung after this.

When did things turned so complicated?