Chapter 8

Unbreakable

 

The house was quiet ad you thought you were alone at home. You didn’t know Himchan had volunteered to stay at home and take care of you.

The kettle suddenly howled and you woke up. * Did yongguk oppa leave the kettle to boil? * You thought. Before you reached the kitchen, the howling of the kettle stopped. Obviously, someone had stopped it.

You peeped into the kitchen quietly and see who it was. Your eyes widdened. It was Himchan. You looked at him quietly as he put the kettle at the side and opened the lid of the pot. You quietly laughed alittle as he accidently touched the hot lid and was blowing his fingers.

He took some porridge and turned around and saw you. You blushed again.

‘ you shouldn’t have woke up.. anyways, I’ve cooked porridge for you.. ‘ He spoke and placed the bowl on the table.

You walked over and sat down. He looked at you as you took a spoonful of porridge into your mouth.

‘ its nice himchan oppa.. you should have some too.. ‘ You smiled.

He took a bowl out and ate with you. He kept stealing glances at you and you knew it. You couldn’t do anything but blush.

‘ himchan oppa.. why do you keep looking at me? ‘ You asked. You wanted to laugh.

He shook his head. ‘ Aniyo.. I.. I wasnt looking at you… ‘ He stuttered. He was nervous. You giggled.

Himchan suddenly leaned in and you swear you couldn’t breathe. He wiped the corner of your lips with his thumb. ‘ there… you got food.. ‘ He pointed to his lips. His heart flipflopped. * Skinship… and my heart.. screw you.. I think I need a checkup on my heart.. * He thought and cursed. You smiled shyly.

After eating, he washed the dishes up. ‘ where did she go? ‘ He mumbled. He went to the living room and saw you fallen asleep on the sofa. He softened and sat beside you. He gulped. He was feeling nervous again. * so pretty~ * He thought as he looked at your features. He held his finger out and traced your eyebrows and down to your nose and then to your lips lightly. His heart was thumping fast.

He gazed at you. * did yongguk hyung adopt you because you’re beautiful? Is daehyun close to you because you’re pretty?... or did zelo show aegyo to you because you’re cute… ? * He thought. He had so many questions and his eye lids became heavier and heavier and he fell asleep.

Time past by. It was quiet and only the howling of the wind was heard until the door clicked open. All of them came back.

‘ uh..guys.. ‘ Jongup saw the two of you and pointed to them. Zelo’s eyes widdened.

Yongguk walked over and saw the two of you asleep on the sofa. Your head was on his shoulder. You were still alittle pale. He softened and smiled.

‘ lets not wake them up… ‘ He smiled and entered the kitchen.

Youngjae and Daehyun saw the two of you too. Daehyun felt a gust of hatred flushed through him. * What happened for them to be sleeping like this… * He thought and left. His face was expressionless. Youngjae softened and sighed. * fighting jung daehyun… * He thought and shrugged.

Yongguk prepared the dishes and cooked for dinner. * Not bad Kim himchan.. getting better.. you even cooked for Baekkie.. * He gummy-smiled.

Zelo was sweeping the floor while Jongup was mixing some music for his dance. Youngjae was helping Yongguk with the dishes for dinner. Daehyun was in his room, lying on the bed with his eyes closed. He sighed.

‘ kim himchan..kim himchan.. I wished you didn’t come back… no. I shouldnt put it this way.. you shouldn’t have gone to jail and Yongguk hyung shouldn’t have adopted sumin… ‘ Daehyun mumbled. He wasn’t feeling well just by the thought of it.

Youngjae poured the sauce and mixed it. ‘ hyung.. don’t you think sumin and himchan hyung can make a good couple? ‘ He asked as he mixed the thing. Yongguk chopped the vegetables like he was going to war. ‘ hmm.. maybe.. maybe not… what about daehyunnie? Anyways… this vegetables are making me go crazy… could you help with it while I mix the the sauce.. yours seemed easier.. ‘ He frowned and took the sauce over and pushed the vegetables and knife to Youngjae.

‘ Daehyun? You mean Daehyun and sumin? I think himchan hyung and sumin are cuter… ‘ Youngjae sarcastically stated as he chopped the vegetables up.

‘ Himchan may seem to be flirty but sumin suits someone better… someone better like Daehyun… or even you youngjae ah… ‘ Yongguk chuckled with his low voice.

He raised an eyebrow. ‘ me? Why me? I don’t suit her… I suit someone cleverer like me.. ‘ He selfpraised. ‘ You and sumin would look great together too. ‘ He continued.

Yongguk laughed. ‘ Me and sumin? Yeah maybe.. but Daehyun and her are closer.. and youngjae ah… I know Daehyunnie likes Sumin.. ‘ He stated and whispered the last sentence.

Youngjae eyes widdened. * How did Yongguk hyung figure that out too… Yongguk hyung is getting cleverer… Way to go Yongguk hyung! * He thought with smile.

‘ but… Sumin has the last.. She gets to choose who she really like and who she really want to be with.. ‘ Youngjae stated. Yongguk nodded.

After two hours of chatting and cooking. Dinner was served. You and Himchan woke up. You blushed. Himchan’s heart did flipflops. * How did I sleep on his shoulder… this is embarrassing.. * You thought.

* How could I fell asleep… and she was leaning on my shoulder… * Himchan thought and his heart fluttered.

Everyone ate dinner. You ate only alittle and went into your room. Daehyun went over to the fridge and took the banana milk he had bought and entered your room.

‘ Minnie mouse… how’re you feeling? ‘ Daehyun spoke gently and touched your forehead. ‘

‘ Im alright daehyunnie oppa~ ‘ You flashed a smile.

He smiled too and handed the milk to you. ‘ I bought it especially for you on the way home just now.. ‘ He smiled.

‘ Thank you oppa~ ‘ You opened it and sipped it slowly.

Daehyun broke the silence. ‘ Minnie mouse~ its been weeks since Himchan hyung came back.. what do you think of him? ‘ He asked and waited nervously.

‘ himchan oppa?.... I don’t know but its kinda weird to have him at home… It isn’t the same with yongguk oppa, you, youngjae oppa, jongup oppa and junhong anymore… it’s just… weird.. ‘ You kinda explained and shrugged, sipping the banana milk.

Daehyun nodded. ‘ yeah.. maybe you’ll get used to it… ‘ He faked a smile. He waited for you to finish the milk and waited for you to fall asleep and then he closed the door behind him and went to help Youngjae with his stuffs.

* Weird is the word but it isn’t the perfect word.. * He thought.