Part Eight

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

             The smell of the scented candle continues to fill up my room as I sit down at the edge of my bed.  My hand is busy twisting my hair to turn it into a loose bun, the style I usually wear when I’m at home. Once the hair is in place, I reach for my phone on the lamp desk beside my bed.

 

                I try to fight off the heavy feeling on my lids as I want to check on my phone before I went to sleep. Based on my conversation with the Idiot King at the bar, it is not impossible that he would change or do something weird.

 

                I go straight away  to check on the Gallery. Since he told me that he was having fun looking at the pictures, I need to check if there is anything funny or weird that could contribute to the source of his joy.

 

                I didn’t take a lot of selcas like all my other girlfriends, I do sometimes, but I don’t think there is anything especially special about it. I don’t make extreme expression either, and no weird pose.

 

                Well, so far so good. Thank goodness that there is nothing embarrassing enough for me not to be able to brush off.

 

                So, pictures—checked! Now move on to videos.

 

                I scroll down the videos to see if there is something. Most of the videos here are the videos from my research project so I’m pretty sure that Yonghwa didn’t even take a look at it.

 

                I was about to exit the video list when I saw something suspicious almost at the bottom.

 

                OH MY – !!!!

                I totally forgot about this one!

 

                Quickly, my finger taps on the video to play it.

 

                And there was me, wearing a pink pajamas and a bunny ear headband, singing Happy Birthday Jinwoon.

 

                Crap..!

                Crap..!!

                Crap..!!!

 

                I should’ve deleted this long ago!

                WHY DIDN’T I DELETE THIS?!

 

                A moment of panic washes over me while my eyes still fixed on the phone screen.

 

                Oh no, the dance part! I totally forgot about this one too!

 

                Arghhh, the humiliation! I shall kill Jinwoon for making me danced this. I don’t know what possessed me at that time that I actually agreed to do this.

 

                Was it because I forgot to wish ‘Happy Birthday’ to him on time?

 

                Yeah, I think that’s it.

 

                I was busy with my essay writing competition that I called him a lot later than I always do. So, Jinwoon started to sulk and demanded me to send him a special Happy Birthday video, with me dancing the steps of The Three Bears song.

 

                Relax Seo Joo Hyun!

 

                This might not be as bad as it seems. Furthermore, it is normal for people to act goofy or cutesy or strangely or funny around important time like that.

 

                Remember when Jinwoon did the ‘ dance’ in kindergarten?

 

                Until now, he is still convinced that it was the worst moment of his life.

 

                You did think he was exaggerating by saying that and it was funny right?

 

                I inhale deeply as the sense of guilt fills me. 

 

                I shouldn’t have laughed at him.

 

                Karma – don’t look down on it. Now I know why people kept saying that.

 

                I continue to fumble around to check if there is anything else that could be a potential threat to my dignity.

 

                Thank goodness I only put a heart shaped mark on the days when I’m having my period instead of writing it down in words. At least he won’t be able to catch up on that since guys don’t really understand it.

 

                Finally I move to the contact list. He told me he did save his number in here.

 

                Not that I ask him.

 

                But I look for it anyway since I’m curious, and there it is:

 

‘COOL GUY’ YONGHWA

 

                I have a sudden urge to throw up when I saw the name he saved his number under.

 

                Oh god, that is hilarious.

 

                I long press on the name while contemplating either to delete it or not.

 

                Finally I decided not to, but instead, I decided to rename it to another more appropriate and suitable name.

 

                When I’m done, I can’t help but keep on grinning while thinking about the name.

 

                It suits him well.

 

                I wonder how he would look if he sees it. That would be fun to look at.

 

                I giggle as I continue to let myself drowned in the sea of imagination.

 

                And soon after, I drift into a deep sleep forgetting all the tiring experience I had today.

 


Hello guys!

First of all, sorry for the 'a bit later than the usual time' update

Usually, I would post it before I go to pick up my brother at school  

But I totally forgot about it! But I guess, it's not that late right?^^

If you guys notice, it's already been the eighth chapter but it's only been a whole day since YongSeo encounter

I hope you guys won't feel like it's too draggy.

I have this tendency to make everything in details.

And the early interaction betweeon Yonghwa and Seohyun is very important in setting their relationship

So yeah, it's chapter eight, and it's still the first day.

But don't worry, I already start picking up the pace now. :)

I will upload the next chapter tomorrow too but not sure when since it's weekend

And I promised my brother to go to a book sale with him

Major discount! I guess I'll go buy some book and get some inspiration from it? 

Anyways, happy reading!