Part Seven

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

              When I said that it is possible for us to have the same stop, I didn’t really think that I could be right.

 

                Or to be exact, I was hoping that I’m wrong.

 

                After the whole: eyes met—body froze— hot face incident, I desperately need to get away from him.

 

                Like seriously?

                How could I actually know that he was looking at me at that time?

                It was a total embarrassment! 

 

                Now, there are only the two of us left and the bus is on its way towards the last stop for tonight.

 

                I keep shaking my legs, feeling impatient and hoping that we will arrive soon.

 

                Well, who wouldn’t be if they are in my stead right now? This embarrassing situation is affecting me so much that I can’t even concentrate on anything except for the embarrassment itself.

 

                When the bus finally arrives at my— our stop, I stand up and get off the bus in a track record time. Not very womanly of me, but it is very crucial for the sake of saving my face. I cannot bear any more eye-locking situation for now.

 

                I noticed him getting off the bus as soon as I did. He walk slows— towards the direction I’m walking, acting like he has all the time in the world.

 

                  Why does it have to be this way?

                 I thought I could get away from him already.

 

                 My house is about 15 minutes away from where I am right now. It’s already midnight, and it’s quite dark considering all the trees surrounding the area. The neighborhood my family currently lives in is a nice neighborhood. Although the houses here aren’t as fancy as the houses in Gangnam, but you can consider it big enough compared to most of the houses in another areas. We’ve been living here as long as I can remember, so I know every nook and crook of the area well enough.

 

                He’s still right behind me

 

                I start to walk in a slower pace than I usually am. Not because I want to enjoy this once in a while walk under the moonlight, but because it’s late and I’m pretty scared to walk alone.

 

                Even though I hate to admit it, there’s a part of me who is thankful by the fact that Yonghwa and I got off at the same stop and are walking towards the same direction. Considering the time, it would be unwise for me to walk alone so having him near makes me feels a little safe. At least, he is not a total stranger. In a worst case scenario, if there are some drunkards around trying to harass me, I would consider getting help from him. But like I said, only if worse come to the worst.

 

                But, I am sure at some point, we would split up. My house is at the far end of the neighborhood so it would be too much of a coincidence if he is actually going the same way. To be precise, it would be quite creepy instead. So, before that happens I need to devise a plan so that I won’t be alone after that.

 

                Maybe I should text Jinwoon.

 

                He should be at home already. His band practice usually ends a little after eleven, and he is not the type to go drinking around on weekdays especially when he has band recording on the next day. I know how much Jinwoon loves his alcohol, but he knows when to drink, and when not to.

 

                I take out my phone from my handbag and starts composing message.

 

 

                [COMPOSE NEW MESSAGE]

                To: Jinwoonie

                Message: Sleep already?

 

 

                I hope he is awake. I don’t want to wake him up just to ask him to accompany me home.

 

                Meanwhile, Yonghwa is still walking behind me about three steps away. He started to hum a song I’ve never heard before when I was texting Jinwoon. I don’t know if he is trying to make me turn around or what, but I decided to pretend to be uninterested.

 

                Not long after, my phone beeps.

 

 

                *INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender:  Jinwoonie

                Message: Nope. Why? By the way, you found your phone already? Where?

 

 

                I hit the reply button and explain it as short as I could.

 

 

                [COMPOSE NEW MESSAGE]

                To: Jinwoonie

                Message: Yeah, I did. I’ll tell you the details later. I’m outside now, can you come? It’s dark.I don’t want  

                                     to walk alone.  I’ll wait for you at the convenience store near our old school.     

 

               The next reply from Jinwoon comes faster than the previous one.

 

                *INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender:  Jinwoonie

                Message: Outside??? You ??? Now ?! Why??? Do you realize that it’s already late and you are a girl??

                                   Seo Joo Hyun! You better explain it to me later!! Okay, I’ll be there soon, don’t you dare go 

                                   anywhere.

 

                                Wow, that was quite unexpected.

 

                                Jinwoon doesn’t nag. I am the one who always take charge of nagging. He is actually pretty laid back and not really the type to worry or to be mad. Jinwoon is just cool. Well, not because he is my best friend that I’m saying all these. He really is like that. He is the kind of person who rarely has any worries or problems.

 

                Why?

 

                For starters, he is a genius. He doesn’t really studies but he always gets good grades, even much better than me and I rarely get anything below ‘A-‘ in exams.

 

                For seconds, he is quite good looking. He has a well build body and looks great in anything he wears. If I were to read all those love letters he’s been getting since kindergarten which he always makes me throw away, it’ll take quite a while to finish it all.

 

                He also play sports well, has a very nice voice and most importantly, he is the only heir to a very rich family—a complete package for a boyfriend or husband or son in law.

 

                So what to worry, when his life is practically in order?

 

                The only reason that kept me from being in the same group as all his fangirls and ahjumma fans are because I’ve known him since like forever, and the love I feel for him is more like a familial love instead of the romantic kind.

 

                I finally arrive at the 24-hours convenience store where I promised to wait for Jinwoon. Seeing the sight of all the snacks from outside makes me remember than I haven’t been able to eat anything since after lunch.

 

                Suddenly, I have a strong craving for some instant noodles.

 

                But, it’s already late. If I eat that now, my face would definitely get bloated tomorrow morning.

 

                What should I do, to eat or not to eat?

 

                I start to pace back and forth near the entrance when Yonghwa suddenly walks past me and go inside the store.

 

                Woah, that scares me!

                Aigoo, he’s not gone yet?

                 I’ve stopped here for a while though, so I thought he already walked past me at some point.

 

                Oh, there you go. I guess no ramyeon for tonight. I don’t really want to take any chance for the possibility of looking like a moron in front of him anymore. Not after all what happened tonight.

 

                But wait, will people say that I’m too thick-skinned if I think that he actually walk slows behind me because he doesn’t want to leave me alone?

 

                Is that even possible?

                No way Seohyun, did you forget?

               This is the Idiot King you are talking about. The one who turn your day upside down today?

 

                There is no way he could be that thoughtful.

 

                I nodded to myself as I start to be convinced by my reasoning.

 

                “SEOHYUN!!”

 

                Jinwoon voice makes me turn around, and there he is, panting and breathing hard while looking like he’s been running for his life.

 

                “Wow, that was fast,” I say as I approach him.

 

                He is wearing his favourite black hooded sweater and dark blue sweatpants.

 

                “Of course I need too! Even if you’re already in front of a convenience store, it’s still dark and dangerous! And look – why are you wearing so little? Isn’t that the dress you’re wearing to class this morning? What is so important that makes you have no time to change to much better and proper clothing? Aren’t you cold at all?”

 

                Oh seriously, there must be something wrong with my life today.

 

                Right now, aside from the shocking nagging, Jinwoon also looks like he’s ready to eat me alive.  I don’t even know how to react.

 

                Jinwoon keeps on nagging but my head doesn’t seem to be able to process it all at the moment because I’m seeing Yonghwa coming out of the store with a can of drink in his hand.

 

                Oh no, there is no way I’m going to let him see Jinwoon scolding me like this.

 

                I can’t give him any more reason to mock me later. Although I’m pretty sure we won’t have anything to do with each other anymore after this.

 

                Without any word, I grab Jinwoon’s hand and starts pulling him away from the store.

 

                “Where are we— “

 

                I cut off Jinwoon’s sentence with a sharp look.

 

                “Don’t ask, let’s just go home.”

 

                Still dragging Jinwoon, I take a chance to take a look behind to check on Yonghwa. Surprisingly, he is nowhere in sight anymore.

 

                I release a sigh of relief as I turn my head back towards the direction we’re walking.

 

                “Hey, Jinwoon..” I say halfway.

 

                Jinwoon turn his head facing me while giving me the curious look.

 

                “Can you pinch me?” I continue.

 

                “What?” he says and once again giving me the same curious look that he had before.    

 

                “Just do it” I add.

 

                Looking a little confused, he pinched my arm.

 

                “Hey, that hurts!” I throw a sharp glance on him.

 

                “You asked for it!” Jinwoon says in defend.

 

                Yeah right, I did.

 

                “What’s up Hyunnie?” he asks.

 

                “Oh nothing, it just that today was so ridiculously eventful that suddenly I thought that this is probably a dream.”

 

                He looks confused but he stays silent, waiting for me to let out my thought.

 

                I smile at him and continue “It’s nothing, I’ll tell you about it later, but for now, let’s go home because I’m so hungry and tired and my dad probably had fall asleep at the living room waiting for me to come home.”

 


Hey guys!!

So here is the update for today ^^

Have fun reading!

By the way, since last night, I've been rewacthing WGM

Seeing Yong~ and Hyun~ interact makes me want them to come back on the show!!

Like seriously !!!

Ahhhh~~~ they both were so sweet on screen

And I like how Yong's eyes lit up when he watch Hyun~~kekekekke

 

So now, I'm off to Goguma Land

See you on the next update ^^

Love ya!