Part Six

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

                Is it possible for human to open up their brain and rearrange their jumbling thoughts?

 

                If it is, I would gladly try it right now.

 

                I wonder if this is how mental breakdown feels like.

 

                In my 22 years of existence, I’ve just had a newfound experience where I actually get to know that my body system is actually capable of switching mood and emotion at a very impressive speed.

 

                Just about one hour ago, I was almost at the verge of anger explosion while waiting for the ‘Idiot King’ Mr. Jung Yonghwa to arrive.

 

                Then, a strong sense of pride took over and instead of just taking my phone and leave, I stupidly (yes, stupidly) decided that I should stay because I need to him to apologize for being late.

 

                I have no idea what was I thinking back then.

 

                Soon after, I’m not sure if it was because of his ‘friendly’ attitude or just the surrounding, I started to forget about my anger, pride and not to forget the so called apology that I wanted to hear in the first place, and lost control over my own emotion that I actually start to relax a bit.

 

                Even though I do feel awkward with his sudden kindness when all he was at this morning class was a complete ‘annoyingly weird’ guy.

 

               The dumbest part was when I allow myself to actually compliment him— although mentally, for his amazing singing.

 

                And to even think that he actually looked cool on stage and how sweet it was for him to dedicate that song for me, unforgiveable Seohyun!

 

                Although the tingling feeling I had when I saw he sang on the stage haven’t completely subside yet, in a blink of eye, with just a simple stupid statement from him, the feeling of anger which I thought has disappeared before, now came back with a friend called— the ‘rage’.

 

And for the record, I never thought this kind of feeling actually exist.

 

                Noun: Rage [reyj]

                                1. A feeling of extreme anger.

 

                I have been angry in my life, but this intense feeling of anger plus annoyance is just unbelievable. Can a person actually act so irresponsibly to make the other party feel as bad as I am feeling right now?

 

                Jinwoon might be a little childish and always tease me, but he never made me feel bad like this. Instead, his jokes usually lift up my mood and make me laugh.

 

                What I am feeling right now is just different— totally different.

 

                The cold wind touches my face as I descend the stairs that lead to the XXX Bar. I decided to temporarily ignore whatever feeling I have right now and starts to look for a bus or taxi to ride home. I’ve never been out so late alone like this so I’m not sure if there would be any bus around.

 

                Luckily, the street in front of the bar is still filled with people and I thank God for it. At least, it would feel a lot less scary to wait for the bus with the crowd around.

 

                 I walk towards the bus stop while rubbing my palms together to get rid of the cold. Seriously, if this is in the middle of winter, with the kind of outfit I’m wearing right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up freezing to death.

 

                Again, this is all the ‘Idiot King’ faults.

 

                If I were to go home straight after meeting him, I won't have to go through this.

 

                GodI wish I’m at home right now.

 

                I sigh as I imagine myself lying in bed, reading novel like I usually do at night. I would light up my favorite rose scented candle and allow myself to be drowned in the world where reality doesn’t really matter and all I have to do is to be swept into the life of the characters.

 

                The sudden yet strong blows of wind disrupt my fantasy, and I realize that I’m already at the bus stop. Feeling very cold, tired and hungry, I try to move my body around while waiting for my bus to arrive.

 

                When the bus finally arrives, I quickly get on. After paying the bus fare, I walk straight towards my usual favorite spot, the second last row from the back.

 

                As I sit, I saw him getting on the bus too.

 

                Yes, him.

                 The Royal Highness, King of all idiots, Jung Yonghwa.

 

                I blink my eyes a few times, trying to make sure that I’m seeing the actual person. After all of this topsy-turvy that has been happening today, it won’t surprise me anymore if I am actually imagining things.

 

                But no, I’m positive that it is him who is now walking towards me.

 

                Oh god, does he intend to sit next to me?

                No way.

 

                Quickly, I divert my gaze away from him, while my hands, swiftly taking my bag which is on my lap and placed it on the empty space that is left next to where I seat.

 

                This way, he won’t be able to sit here.

 

                From the corner of my eyes, I’m quite sure that I saw him looking like he was trying to suppress a laugh while looking at me.

 

                Wait a minute.

                Did he notice that? Gosh, I should’ve been less obvious.

 

                He is now two seats away from me.

 

                Surprisingly, there are actually a lot of people in the bus tonight and most of the seats are already taken.

 

                As the bus starts to move, I see him walking nearer.

 

                Please don’t sit here

                Please don’t sit here

                Please…

 

                I keep chanting inside my head as the distance between us becomes shorter. It also feels like the time is moving slower.

 

                Does it always take this long for someone to move from the front?

                I never notice that.

 

                I released a sigh of relief when he pass by me and choose the seat opposite to the seat behind mine.

 

                I guess his house is also towards this direction.

 

                The bus starts to get emptier as more passengers starts to get off at their stop. Mine would be the last one, so it would take a while to reach there.

 

                He too, still hasn’t get off so I guess it’s possible for us to have the same stop.

 

                The sudden thought of him makes my head involuntarily turn towards his direction.

 

                Crap.

 

                As I turn, I realize that his gaze is already towards my direction. Once our eyes meet, he smiles and winks at me and like a stupid person I freeze for a few seconds.

 

                I’m not very sure why I’m reacting like this, but my brain already knows that he could potentially be bad news and I have to stay away and avoid from making him my acquaintance.

 

                Well, not that I plan to either.

 

                The sound of the bus bell finally saves me from further humiliation. I quickly turn my head back while my whole face feels hotter than it was before.

 

 


Hola my lovely gogumas!

How was your day so far? 

Mine was okay.

Most of the time (since it's holiday now)

I would be thinking new ideas so I could add it into the next chapters.

 

By the way, although I already reply to one of the comments from 

faisazali when she/he asked me to write from our 'Idiot King' Yonghwa POV

Have no worries my fellow gogumas, because soon I will let you see what is actually going on in his mind!

But till then, keep on reading our 'Grumpy Agasshi' Seohyun thoughts!

 

Feel free to send in more ideas and comments!

And here,  10 goguma for you guys for being so awesome! ^^