Part Five

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

             “I’m singing Jason Mraz song I’m Yours tonight, ladies and gentleman, and this is for you, grumpy agasshi,” suddenly, I hear Yonghwa’s voice talking through the microphone.

 

                I turn my face around towards the small stage where his voice came from.

               

                The stage is now occupied by him who is sitting on a stool with a brown acoustic guitar in his hand. He starts strumming the guitar, a focused expression replace his usual non-serious smiling face. An expression I never saw before.

 

“ Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you will find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours”

 

                Unknowingly, I started to enjoy the performance.

 

                He actually sings pretty well.

                He actually looks good on stage.

 

                 I think I get it now. Those stares from the girl, it’s the ‘infamous’ fan girl jealousy, scary but powerful. I have a feeling that his band is quite famous by looking at the audience now. Everyone seems to be absorbed in Yonghwa’s singing.

 

                I guess a few more minutes won’t hurt right?

 

                I decide to wait for him.

 

                Before I know it, his performance already ended and he is now standing in front of me with one hand holding my phone.

 

                “Here you go,” he says, waving my phone.

 

                I stand up while trying reach out to take it only to have him joke around once again. He purposely brings his right hand up it the air so I can’t take away my phone.

 

                “Well, since I am so kind to hold your phone for you when you ignored me when I call you after class this morning, don’t you think I deserve some kind of a treat as a reward?” he says, smiling again.

 

                He was trying to return my phone after the class this morning? Oh you dummy, you should’ve turn around at that time instead of running away, and it would save you from all those trouble you had all evening.

 

                I scold myself mentally.

 

                “Oh, of course I have to. I’ll treat you something, but not tonight. It’s really late now, I need to go, see you around at school? I guess?” I say as I take the phone from his hand.

 

                “I won’t be around this week. But I’ve saved my number in your phone. Contact me when you’re free. By the way, you really should put a password lock on your phone, you’re lucky since a nice guy like me found your phone, there’s a whole bunch of things stored in there, I had fun looking around, especially the gallery of pictures, and oh not to mention, The ‘Therapy Ocean Sound’,” he laugh as he says his words.

 

                Wait, did I hear it wrong?

                Did he just say that?

                Oh my god.

 

                My mind quickly makes a list of the possible embarrassing pictures that he could’ve seen in my phone. Well, even though he did mentioned about the ocean therapy over the phone earlier this evening, but looking at some stranger pictures is just above ordinary.

 

                Oh someone, please stop me from actually killing this dumb idiot!

 

                “You did what? Isn’t that kind of rude? Invading other people privacy is unacceptable!” I say, half bewildered, half furious.

 

                Just a few minutes ago, I thought that he is not as bad that he seems to be.

 

                But now, I’m taking it back!

 

                He is worse!

 

                Oh seriously, I hate this guy!

 

                Still furious, I take a deep breath while trying to control my emotion and say, “Well, Mr. Jung Yonghwa thanks for returning my phone, but since you’ve went overboard by invading my privacy, I guess the meal treat is off the deal already. So, goodbye and have a good night.”

 

                With that, I bow a little, then grab my bag, turn around and leave him standing there alone.

                Trying to keep my composure until I step out of the bar, I adjust my pace to make it seem as normal as it usually is.

 

                But one thing I could say is that today is officially, the worst day of my life.

 

 


Hello there dear readers! 

How's your gogumas heart today? Has it fill up enough? 

By the way, for those who subscribed to this story, thank you again ^^

I'm having fun writing it, and I hope you guys would have fun reading it too~~

Feel free to comment! Any ideas, feedback and critic are most welcome. 

Well that's it for now~ I'm off to continue writing the next chapters. ^^