Part Nineteen

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

[Seohyun’s POV]            

                 The backstage area is already filled with people although there is about one hour left before the event start. I scan through the busy crowd of people in the backstage area, trying to look for Jinwoon.

 

                “Did he pick up his phone?” I ask Hyoyeon unnie who is busy trying to call Jinwoon from her cell phone.

               

                “Nope, he’s not picking up. Besides urghh— the signal is bad in here,” Hyoyeon unnie grumbles.

 

                Where are you Jinwoon?

 

              You are the one who asked me to come to the backstage as soon as we arrived, and I already texted you three times.

 

                You better come fast because Hyoyeon unnie is not the type who likes to wait for people.

               

                I keep my eyes busy looking for Jinwoon. It’s even harder to identify him since most of the people here have similar style with him.

 

                 I’ve actually been wondering for quite a while now, but does a person who sings in band always have to wear black shirt with black jacket and black jeans? Take Jinwoon and Yonghwa, their style in clothing are almost similar, and now, seeing all these people here, I won’t be surprised if this is actually some kind of dress code for them.

 

                “Arghh—this phone is not working here. I should go outside and try calling him once again. You stay here and keep on looking. If you manage to find him, just wait here till I come back,” Hyoyeon unnie finally says.

 

                “Okay unnie, but don’t go too long okay?” I say.

 

                Hyoyeon unnie replies as she mess up my hair a little, “Okay, kiddo. I’ll be fast.”

 

*************************

 

                Finally catching up with Jinwoon after Hyoyeon unnie made her calls from outside of the building, we enter the hall trying to find our seats.

 

                Our seats have a good view towards the stage, right at the centre of the hall. Jinwoon explains that he needs to leave us here since he has to do some final check with his band mates.

 

                When he is about to leave, Jinwoon suddenly comes towards me and says in a half whisper, “You must listen to the lyrics of the song okay? Promise! ”

 

                I wrinkle my forehead as I try to understand the meaning of the excitement in his eyes as he says those words. Not wanting to delay him anymore, I just nod and wish him luck for the competition.

 

                As soon as Jinwoon’s figure disappear from my sight, I turn my head to Hyoyeon unnie to find her giggling like crazy while looking at her phone.

 

                “What is it unnie?” I ask, feeling a little curious.

               

                “Oh, it’s nothing. It’s a text message from someone I know,” Hyoyeon unnie says, not even turning towards my way as she starts typing something on her phone.

 

                “Do you get any signal here?”

               

                “Yeah, suddenly it’s good again. Thank goodness,” Hyoyeon unnie answers, this time turning her body a little towards me while her eyes are still transfixed on her phone.

 

                I wonder who the sender is.

               

                Hyoyeon unnie is beaming while reading the messages.

 

                Not really getting the attention I want, I decided to leave Hyoyeon unnie alone and start turning my head to get a better view of the surrounding.

 

                Most of the seats around us are already being occupied with most of the crowds coming in a big group, probably to cheer on their favourite band.

 

                Just like what I thought earlier at the entrance, most of the audiences are wearing very chic style, with jackets and strong choice of colours like black and red. The girls are wearing high heels, tight pants or skirts and big accessories while the boys mostly stick with black jackets and simple inner shirts.

 

                I check on my cloth to see if I’m looking out of place here.

 

                Luckily, I’m not and it’s all thanks to Hyoyeon unnie.

               

                A few hours back, she is the one who force me to wear her clothes instead when I try to wear my usual white laced knee length skirt and my favourite pink blouse. At first I refused to listen to her but after a few minutes, I finally give up and let Hyoyeon unnie choose my cloths.

 

                Therefore, I end up I’m wearing a simple black skinny jean, with a simple white shirt and topped with a fit black leather jacket.  To be honest, I’m glad that Hyoyeon unnie manage to persuade me to change or I might die from embarrassment here.

 

                I turn my head back to look at the stage which is already finished being set up since the event will start anytime now.

 

                I open the small pamphlet that I’ve taken from our seat when we arrive earlier.  Based on the small lists inside it, there will be ten bands to perform tonight and Jinwoon band will be performing on the seventh.

               

                I wonder if Yonghwa is performing before or after Jinwoon.

               

                My sudden thought about Yonghwa makes my cheeks suddenly turn hot.

               

                Aigoo Seo JooHyun, how can you suddenly thought about him out of nowhere.

 

                As I scold myself for being silly, my eyes are already busy looking at the list once again.

 

                And there his name is, being right after Jinwoon’s performance.

 

***********************

[Hyoyeon’s POV]            

                I am still transfixed on the last message sent by Hyungsuk when the lights starts to be turn off indicating that the event is already going to start.

 

                “Unnie, it’s starting.”

 

                Seohyun touches my arm a little and then she starts clapping when the MCs of the show begin to introduce themselves.

 

                As I am about to put away my phone, another text message comes in.

 

*INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender:  Hyungsuk 

                Message: It’s done. Meet me at the entrance once it’s over.

 

                My lips form a little smile as I steal a look towards Seohyun. Although I was a bit sceptical about the boys plan, I can’t help feeling a little excited about this.

 

                Sorry Hyunnie, but we can’t be a bystander anymore. You and Yonghwa are both frustrating enough to make all of us act like this. 

 

 


Urmm, Hey Guys..

Okay, I have a good and a bad news.

But first thing first. How are you? I am very very sorry for leaving this story hanging for such a long time

This is where the bad news come

I actually already finished up to chapter 30 soon after I posted chapter eighteen.

But a few days after that. my laptop suddenly broke and all of my fanfics backup is gone

YES, GONE. ALL OF IT, ALL OF MY ONGOING FF! NOT ONLY THIS ONE.

So I was in the state of denial for awhile. (Y.Y)

I was seriously considering to just give up and close my account.

Furthermore, university life starts to become another factor that really makes me want to just forget it.

But somehow I really can't giveup on writing so I decided to think about it again when my life becomes less stressing

So finally, I decided that I would not give up yet. and I would rewrite all of those missing chapters all over again.

Rewriting it present another set of challenges to me because there is no way it would turn out exactly the same just like how I wrote it before.

I pick up from chapter 19 all over again but as you can see (or in this case, read) it turns to be a mess.

Sorry if this chapter let you down a bit. 

Well, I won't give up just yet. So give me sometimes to pick up the "feel" again. 

Again, sorry for not updating and I would like to thanks those who keep asking for update. (I can feel you loveee!)