Part Sixteen

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

[Hyoyeon POV]


                I was cleaning the counter when I saw the three of them walking inside the shop and was about to greet them when I see a huge difference in expression between the three.


                Gloomy Seohyun


                Grumpy Yonghwa


                Happy Jinwoon


                What a strange combination.


                I decided to ignore it and walk towards the spot where Seohyun and Jinwoon usually sit at every time they hang out here. The three of them are already sitting there, still wearing the same expression.


                “Good day everyone, can I get anything for you,” I say, a little bit more cheerfully than usual.


                “Hello unnie,” Seohyun say as she smiles, trying to hide her mood.


                “Noona, make me one Ice Americano please! And oh, hyung, Hyunnie, order anything that you want. Today is going to be my treat,” Jinwoon say excitedly.


                Well, well.
                This is quite perplexing.


                Jinwoon looks like something good had just happened.


                Meanwhile, Yonghwa and Seohyun look like they are having the worst day of their life.


                “Woah, Jinwoon ah, you looks so happy today, did anything good just happened?”


                I ask, trying to figure out the reason behind this twisted atmosphere.


                “Ah, it’s nothing. We just finished our first presentation and our professor likes it.”


                “Really? That’s great then! But why are these two looking like they’ve just been scolded?” I say as I eye both Yonghwa and Seonhyun alternately.


                “It’s nothing unnie, I just don’t feel too well. Can I have a glass of tomato juice?” Seohyun says.


                “I got it. Jung Yonghwa, what do you want?”


                I decided to drop off the question as I softly kick the chair which Yonghwa is sitting on, trying to get his attention.


                “The usual,” he says.


                I was about to turn away to the counter with the order when I see Seohyun glancing at Yonghwa while having an expression that I haven’t seen before.


               I see

 

                Something is going on between the two of them.


                I don’t know what, but I’m sure of it.        

 

[Yonghwa’s POV]


 
                I know I should have left by now.

 

 

                But I can't bring myself to leave especially since I've seen those messages from Seohyun.

 

 

                Keep it a secret from them huh? Especially Jinwoon?

 

 

                Let see if I will.

 

 

                It's been almost one hour since we arrived. We are still sitting at Hyo’s café and listening to Jinwoon’s and Hyoyeon's chatters.

 

                To be honest, it's more like listening without really understanding. After the first fifteen minutes, I have no idea what the two of them have been talking about now.

 

                "— and so in the end I have to go and pick the ordered stuffs again."

 

                Hyoyeon sigh for some unknown reason.

 

                Some unknown reason huh?

 

                You should at least listen to Hyo, it would be embarrassing if she asks something later and you have no idea about it.

 

                After I mentally scolded myself for being such a bad friend, at least towards Hyo, I decided to focus on the talk.

 

                "But we ordered a lot of things, so I need to have someone to go there with me to help me load the boxes into the car, someone -- strong," Hyoyeon adds but with a slower pace than her usual speed talking habit.

 

                Then, she suddenly shifts her eyes towards me and sends me a sly gaze.

 

                "So Yonghwa are you free tonight? Can you go with me to pick up the-- Ah right, I forgot!"

 

                A little dumbfounded by her unfinished sentence, I keep quite as I wait for her to continue.

 

                "You have a performance tonight, right? I can't ask you go with me since it'll take time to come back and you'll be late."

 

                Uh uh I think my friend here has gone crazy

 

                What the hell is she talking about?

 

                I don't have any performance tonight and what is this all about? Strong? Late?

 

                "I guess I can go with you noona," Jinwoon says volunteering himself to whatever this crap is about.

 

                Hyoyeon turn to him looking like she just won a lottery.

 

                "Really? Thanks Jinwoonie! I'll treat you for free Ice Americano for this whole month," she says as her eyes glimmer with happiness.

 

                Knowing Hyoyeon, my instinct tells me that instead of happiness, she looks like she is conspiring something.

 

                "But, Hyunnie will have to go home alone and its late now," Jinwoon says as he looks at Seohyun.

 

                Late? 
                Wow it's pretty early to me

 

                But, did he always accompany her home every day?

 

                Speaking of it, that night when I saw him picking her up at the convenience store, does that means that they lives near to each other?

 

                I clear my throat disapprovingly

 

                "It's okay Jinwoon, I can go home on my own, and it’s not that late."

 

                Finally, Seohyun utter for what seems to be her third sentence ever since we arrive ealier.

 

                "But,it's better if we go home together. Your house is too far away from the main road and it's quite desolate there especially at this time around."

 

                "How about Yonghwa send her home tonight instead? He would still have the time to make it to the show and Seohyun would have someone to accompany her home," Hyoyeon says as she looks at Jinwoon.

 

                Again, I have no idea what is this show Hyoyeon keep talking about.

 

                Meanwhile, Seohyun face has turn as white as a sheet of paper as soon as she hear the suggestion.

 

                I can see a look of hesitation in Jinwoon before he finally agrees.

 

                "No unnie, its fine I can just--" Seohyun suddenly interrupt before she stops her words halfway as she receives a sharp look from Hyoyeon.

***************************

                Soon after that, we all left the café. Jinwoon and Hyoyeon already take off with Hyo’s car, while I’m now walking with Seohyun to take a bus that heads towards her house.

 

                With two of us being left alone, I finally get the privacy to talk about the kiss. That night, she stopped me halfway before I get to finish. I did say I’m sorry for the kiss, but I also wanted to say I didn’t regret it. I was sorry because it was sudden.  Although, I’m not sure if it was a momentary fling, or it’s really because I like her, but there is no doubt that I never regretted the kiss.

 

                Not even once.

                                                                *************************

                We are now sitting side by side on the bus, staying still and not talking to each other. Seohyun is reading a book instead of trying to converse with me, I let her continue to read as I keeps on watching her her.

 

                She has that focused expression again.

 

                I peek at the cover curiously.

 

                “101 ways to be Positive and Happy in Life”

 

                I smile as I soon as my eyes land on the tittle.

 

                She really is one of a kind.

 

                In my life, it’s rare to find a girl around me especially the one at her age who would love to read that much. Plus, the genre of the book is just not so popular among the youngsters.

 

                The only person I’ve seen with this kind of books is my uncle—and he is totally not a youngster.

 

                We are already about to reach the stop but I didn’t get my chance to speak about the kiss yet.

 

                I need to find the correct way to start the conversation. I don’t want her to storm off the bus leaving me alone like she did that day.

 

                We were about to get off the bus when suddenly I receive a text message.

 

*INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender: Hyo

                Message: Yahh, what is going on between the two of you? Do you think you can escape my sharp sense? I told you to fix whatever awkward situation between you guys the other day! What did you do to make Hyunnie looks like that?!! Do you wanna die Jung Yonghwa! Now,since I already help you to find a chance tonight, fix it all in one go, or you’ll die in my hand!

 

                I shake my head.

 

                That would explain it all.

                I almost think that I actually forgot about having a show tonight.

 

                So, it was Hyoyeon’s plan after all.

 

                “Erm, Yonghwa-sshi, I think I can manage by myself by now, you should go prepare for your show,” Seohyun says, quite unexpectedly.

 

                “Ah, no, I should walk you home safely as I’m here already. Plus, I just got a text message from Minhyuk that the show is being cancelled by some unexpected reason.”

 

                I crossed my fingers as I lie to her.

 

                Plus, I don’t one to die in Hyo’s hand if she ever finds out that I didn’t walk her home safely.

 

                Believe me

 

                She is capable of doing it.

 

                This is Hyoyeon we’re talking about.

 

                We keep on walking as I keep trying to brace myself to start the conversation.

 

                In my life, this is the first time I find it so hard to start a conversations among ladies.

 

                Jonghyun might win the girls with his smile all this time, while I use my words instead. But strangely, around Seohyun, my magic haven’t been working so far.

 

                Instead, it backfires.

 

                Seohyun finally stops in front of house with a tall white gate.

 

               Don't tell me that we're here already?

                     

                “Urm, we’re here. Thanks for accompanying me. Good night,” she then turns her back to enter the house.

 

                Oh no, this is not it.

                I haven’t got the chance to explain.

                I can’t delay it any longer, plus I also want to confirm something from her.

 

                “Seohyun-sshi, wait,” I say trying to stop her.

 

                She turns around and looks at me.

 

                I try to find my word, but fails.

 

                Suddenly, I saw the front light of her house get turns on.  Instinctively, I grab her hand and start to walk away from the house.

 

                We need to talk somewhere else.

 

                I can’t afford to lose my chance anymore.

 

                Still holding on to her hand, I walk towards the same direction we came from before. Not knowing the best place to go, I keep on walking as I scan for a suitable place.

 

                Seohyun keeps following my step behind me without saying anything. She hasn’t said a word nor asks me any question. Most probably it’s because she is too shocked by the situation.

 

                We finally arrive at the convenience store where I left her with Jinwoon the other night.

 

                I keep trying to look for a place where I could talk to her without disturbance. That is when I finally see a school, just about a few meters away from where we are now.

 

                I start to change my course and lead her towards it.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

                This is a very weird situation.

 

                I look at my right hand which is currently being held by Yonghwa. The grip is neither loose nor too tight, but the feel of his hand against my skin is just too overwhelming that I can’t even ask him what is going on right now, or to just pull my hand away.

 

                We are now walking so fast that I’m starting to pant. My steps are short but quick as I follow his lead away from my house.

 

                My head is filled with many questions. But, I really feel a little light that I don’t know what I should say first.

 

                We keeps on walking and when I finally come to my sense, we’re both are now standing in front of a school gate or to be exact – my old school’s gate.

 

                “Yonghwa-sshi, what are you doing?” I finally get my chance to ask after I catch my breath.

 

                He ignores my question and pulls me towards the entrance.

 

                What is he trying to do?

 

                We can’t just get inside like this and its late too, if the guard catches us, we’ll be in trouble.

 

                “Yong—,” I say before I get hushed by him.

 

                We already pass the guard room which is situated just by the entrance. Luckily, there is no sign of the guard anywhere.

 

                Yonghwa starts to walk even slowly as he keeps turning his head right and left, looking like a thief.

 

                We’re about to enter the main building when we both hear footsteps coming from the right side of the building—probably from the guard.

 

                Omma, we’re going to get caught!

 

                My heart keeps beating faster. Apart from the fact that Yonghwa is still holding my hand, the extreme worries I am feeling right now is just too much for me to handle.

 

                I’ve never do anything like this and my parent are definitely going to faint if they find out.

 

                Relax Seohyun, you’ll be just fine.

 

                As the footsteps keep getting closer, Yonghwa starts to walk faster as he pulls me with him. Not knowing what else to do, I keep on following his lead. After all, he is the one who took me here in the first place.

 

                We now are already on the second floor where all the classes are. Yonghwa starts to turn the doorknob from all the rooms we passed, trying to look for any unlocked room but he fail so far. Most of the rooms are already locked with a padlock on the door.

 

                As if knowing that we’re here, the footsteps sound we heard on the first floor keeps on following us to the second floor.

 

                The guard is going to spot us if we continue to stand here like this.

 

                We’re both standing in the middle of the empty hallway. There is no way that we’ll be missed. There is no hiding spot after all.

 

                Just a few seconds before the guard finally arrives at the top of the stairs, miraculously Yonghwa finds an unlocked room.

 

                He quickly pulls me inside as he follow suits and then quickly closes it again.

 

                 The sudden pull causes me to squeal, and right at that moment I feel his hand covering my mouth from behind. That is when I realize that I am right now standing so close to him, with him standing behind my back, his right hand still gripping my right hand while his left hand on my mouth.

 

                “Be quite, do you want to get caught?” he says, half whispering. His head is so close to mine that I can feel his breath tickling my face while his voice sounds so clear in my ear.

 

                I freeze a little. This time, it’s not because I’m scared to be caught by the guard, but it’s because I feel like our body will touch each other if I start to move.

 

                From the other side of the door, we still can hear the footsteps of the guard but now, with an addition to the sound of metal bumping towards each other.

 

                It’s probably the sound of the keys.

                He probably is checking the rooms if it’s already locked or not.

                Oh god, wait, if that is true we could end up getting locked inside.

 

                I quickly turn towards Yonghwa to tell him, only to be caught off guard again.

 

                Instead of just being close with him standing behind me—now, it turns out that our faces are just a few inches away as we face each other.

 

                And for some reason, I can’t lift my gaze away from his eyes.

 

                I am pretty sure that we’re going to stay just like that a few more minutes longer if it’s not because of the sound of the keys which is now sounds like it’s just from behind the door.

 

                We both finally come back to our sense and step away from each other. While Yonghwa quickly turns to check on the door, I feel flush of heat on my cheeks and my feet are wobbling.

 

                What was that just now?

 

                My head starts to spin a bit more when my mind replays the scene.

 

                “Uhm, I think we got a situation here.”

 

                Yonghwa’s voice quickly brings me back and I shift my gaze towards him.

 

                “Huh?” I say, still a feeling little baffled.

 

                “I say, we got a situation here. I think we’re locked inside now,” he says again.

 

                As soon as I realized about what he was talking about, I feel like my spirit has just left my body.

 

                Oh god, what did I just get myself into?

 

                I turn to meet Yonghwa’s eyes once again.

 

                He better have a good explanation for this.

 


 

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the delayed updates

The tsunami of assignments I've been talking about has finally arrives

And I can't find any time to finish this chapter these past few days

 

To make things worst, I caught a flu 

And is sneezing like crazy now

So, I only get to proof read this chapter once

But I decided to post it anyway 

Please pardon me for any possible mistakes

 

Well, I hope you enjoy reading it though~ I wish I could have done better

I don't feel like I've done a good job on this one

I promise to try harder on next one

Till then aa~chooo!!

Oppss I mean, annyeong!~~^^