Part Two

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

               I was right about hoping the class to end as soon as possible.

                Again, for the first time in my life, I didn’t get to focus at all throughout the whole three hours long lecture.

                It was torturous.

                First, he kept on tapping on the table.

                Then he started to hum on a song until a student in front of us turns her head as a sign, asking him to stop.

                Later on, he started to fall asleep with his head swaying back and forth, making me more aware towards his action rather than on the professor’s lecture.

***********************************

                I let go a sigh of relief as soon as I see Professor Jung walk out of the hall. Finally, I can get away from this guy.

             

                Quickly, I grab my bag, shove my notebook and other stuffs into it and stand up.

                 Anymore minute with him, I might explode or die from extreme irritation.

 

                This is all Jinwoon’s fault.

                 If he told me that he couldn’t reserve the seat when I asked him to, I would try to come earlier or ask one of my discussion group mates to save a seat for me instead. Therefore, I would not ended up sitting here, and that means any conversation that I had with this guy 'Jung Yonghwa' would be unnecessary and I would be spared from the humiliation of being the subject of laughter of the whole class.

 

                “Hey, you there! Grumpy girl! Hey, wait a second!”

                I hear him calling me from behind as I walk amongst my classmates towards the exit.

 

                Just ignore him Seohyun.

 

                 I say to myself as I increase my pace while trying not to be too obvious.

                Finally, I managed to slip out of the door before the weird guy manage to caught up with me. I turn around noncahalantly to make sure that I am far enough before I dash towards the library and away from him.

 

***********************************

 

                It’s almost the end today’s last class when I noticed that I’ve lost my phone. I was planning to add a reminder for this week’s report assignment on my digital organizer application as I always do every single week.

 

                Fifteen minutes more before the class end and again, I broke my record. I keep on rummaging my bag, taking out every single content of it while ignoring the lecture in front.

 

                I cannot live without my phone.

 

                 Everything important is on that phone. My assignments reminders, my daily timetables, my fitness chart, my classmates phone number, my lecturers phone numbers, my research team phone number, even my monthly period schedule is stored in that phone.

 

                 It’s my life inside that small thing! I can’t afford to lose it.

                To be exact, I can’t afford to lose it especially now!

 

                With all the final reports piling up and my research project almost at it concluding result, I can’t handle a messed up schedule.

 

                I finally come back to my sense only to realize that the lecture has already ended and most of the students are already on their way out of the lecture hall.

 

                 Thankfully, I’ve already checked the list of things that need to be done tonight and tomorrow.

                At least I would know what to do for the time being.

 

                Think Seohyun.

                 When did you last use your phone?

                You need to find it fast!

 

                Mentally, I go through everything I’ve done today, every place I’ve been.

 

                The weird guy!

 

                My mind screams when I remember the last time I saw my phone.

 

                It was before the weird guy came!

                 I was reading Jinwoon text message!

 

                Quickly, I grab my bag and stand up while scanning my seat to make sure that I won’t leave anything behind this time.

                Half running, I make my way towards the classroom hall where I had my lecture with Professor Jung today.

**********************************

 

 

                It’s not here.

                Oh god, where could it be!

 

                After half an hour of searching every single corner of the classroom hall, I still can’t find my phone.

                Not giving up, I decide to retrace my step all the way to the library where I did my paperwork before I went to the second class, then to the ladies room, and finally back again at the last class venue.

 

                Nothing found.

                Not even a speck of dust.

 

                Okay, that’s a little too much. But what I meant to say is, I have no idea where else could I look.

                Quickly, I take a look at my watch.

 

                6.30 PM

                It’s already this late?

                 I should go back now before it gets darker.

 

                With a heavy feeling, I walk towards the bus stop to wait for the bus to take me home.

                I hope I would be able to find it tomorrow