Part Thirteen

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

                I was in the garden when I feel that my phone is vibrating inside my gardening outfit pocket.

               

                I wonder who is it to text me this early on Sunday.

 

                I step inside the shade near the pond.

 

                I have a Katalk message. I wonder if it’s from Hyoyeon unnie.

               

                My eyes widen as soon as I see the name of the sender.

 

                Idiot King: Hello grumpy agasshi ^< Good morning. I just received your message about the                                    

                                                 draft from Hyoyeon. But I think I might have some problem with that TT Can you help me?

 

                I chuckle a little when I see the cutesy expressions he put in the message.

               

                It really does not suit him.

 

                Since I already got used to him calling me the ‘Grumpy Agasshi’, I don’t even feel like I’m going to get angry like I did before because I know now, it really doesn’t worth my time.

                                                      

                I think for a moment either I should reply him or not. I asked Hyoyeon unnie to text him last night on behalf of me because I want to avoid as much conflict as I could.  But, since it’s related to the draft and he sounds quite serious asking me for help, I have no choice but to reply.

 

                Me: Good morning. So, how can I help you?

 

                The reply comes sooner than I expected.

 

                Idiot King: Hmm, do you have time in the afternoon today? I hope we can meet me somewhere and  

                                                  write the draft together.

                                      

                Me: Sure, I have time today but Jinwoon has another thing to attend to. By the way, I’ve just finished my 

                        draft last night. But, if you really need help, I guess I can come by.

 

                Idiot King: Is that okay? Err, thanks I guess. So where should we meet? Do you mind                                          

                                     coming to the bar that you came to the other night? It’s closed now, but I would be there 

                                                  with my band mates. I told you about the owner right? He is one of the CN BLUE members 

                                      too. It’ll be less noisy than doing it in other place outside.

 

                                CN BLUE

                                I guess that is his band name.

 

                                I agonize over my offer to help him once again.

 

                                I wonder if it’ll be fine. Every time I’m around him, something wrong must happen.

 

                                But, it’s for the project. Since Jinwoon has to make up for the band practice that he missed yesterday, I can’t ask him to go with me.

 

                                I decided to agree.

 

                                Me: Okay, I’ll see you there. How about around 12 in the noon?

 

                                Idiot King: Sure, I’ll wait for you there. When you arrive, please call me. I’ll open up

                                                       the door for you.               

                       

                                                                         ************************************

 

[Yonghwa's POV]

 

                I rest my back on one chair in Jonghyun's bar. The morning practice is over and right now the four of us is doing our own thing in the bar. In the morning and afternoon, usually before the business hour this place is more like our club house or something like that. Even when we don't have any practice, all of us would gather here together.

 

                Jungshin calls it the "No Girlfriend Syndrome".

 

                He said that we always find ourselves come here almost unintentionally every time, because we have no one else to hang out with or to be exact, almost all of us.

 

                Jonghyun is more like a special case. He doesn't really talk much, but the number of dates he had since the day all of us first met is more likely to be more than the three of use combined.

 

                The reason why?

 

                I would say that killer smile.

 

                If I were a girl, I would totally fell for that.

 

                As for Jungshin, we all still wait for the day when he would finally meet someone as unique as he is. The first few months when I first met him, I found myself having a hard time decrypting his thought. One thing for sure, his brain definitely use a different 'programming language' than most normal humans. I gave up after a few months trying. Now, I just let him do and say what he wants.

 

                Meanwhile, Minhyuk already has someone that he likes even further back before he entered high school. Luckily for him, that girl seems to like him too.

 

              I don't really remember her name since she only transferred to our high school when my family and I moved to New York. She is now studying overseas, so our Minhyuk is waiting for her to come back before asking her out officially.

 

                But, from what I see, they're already dating each other, but I guess both of them want to seal it with something more deeply than just a declaration. With all those expensive long distance phone calls, nothing could be more obvious.

 

                So, between the four of us although it is probably not in the near future, I could see our maknae walking down the aisle first. Furthermore, it seems both of their parents are aware of the relationship.

 

                So now, that would make me to be the pathetic one.

 

                Unlike Jonghyun, I want something serious. I already spent enough time flirting around in school and during the time when I was in New York.

 

                Now, I want to have a relationship with someone kind, calm and clever, unlike all the girls whom i used to date in the past. Those girls only care for looks and money. I want a relationship with someone who could understand me and my life's views but also have her own life views.

 

                Someone like..

 

                "Hyung!" Minhyuk's voice burst my bubbles of thought.

 

                I turn around towards him who is now closing the door and I see Seohyun already standing inside.

 

                My heart thud a little when I saw her appearance today.

 

                Ever since I first lay my eyes on her, she always wears something very feminine.

 

                Something like dresses with laces, skirts, pastel colours outfit, headbands.

 

                But today, she looks different with dark blue skinny jeans and brown jacket with a turquoise vest and white shirt underneath. Her hair which she usually wear it straight, now have a soft curl and volume on it.

 

                It’s very different from her usual style but still in a surprisingly good way.

               

                "Annyeonghaseyo," she greets me.

 

                "You changed your style," I say while my mind still thinking whether it is appropriate to point it out so bluntly.

 

                For unknown reason, I always end up saying the wrong thing in front of her. She always take my jokes seriously, it made me feels cautious around her.

 

                But at the same time, her reaction is just priceless that it wakes up the sleeping kid inside of me.

 

                And when it's awake, the childishness inside of me is beyond my control. That is the reason why I always end up making her angry.

 

                'Choding Yonghwa' just loves to tease people. He rarely comes out but once he does, nothing can stop him.

 

                "Ah yes, since I looked so out of place the last time I was here, I asked Hyoyeon unnie what is more proper to wear at places like this."

 

                She must be really close to Hyoyeon.

 

                How come Hyo never mentions her to me?

 

                Well, of course she wouldn't, she have always thought that you're a playboy ever since she saw our band performance two years ago, remember?

 

                She did say that she just can't relate to the thoughts of all our screaming fan girls.

 

                Remember what you saw the other day? How she was so protective around Seohyun, she must really cherish her so much.

 

                Think about it, if you were her, would you introduce a girl like Seohyun to someone like you?

 

                "Did you wait long?" Seohyun ask as she sits on the chair in front of me.

 

                "Not really. It doesn't really matter anyway, since I'm always here most of the time," I say.

 

                She nods and says, "Should we start then?"

 

                Her hands busy taking out her notebook from her bag as she continue, "I did mine last night, but you can use it as a guideline."

 

                She is now wearing her usual focused expression.

 

                I try to resist my sudden urge to grin. That side of her is just so interesting yet so adorable.

 

                Seo Joo Hyun

 

                I say her name in my mind.

 

                I have no idea when did it start, but I'm pretty sure that I'm quite interested in her.

 

                She is just so different than any other girls I have ever met.

 

                So intriguing

 

                So charming

               

                So challenging

 

                And yet, so breathtakingly beautiful

                                                                ************************************

[Seohyun's POV]

 

                Why is he looking at me like that?

 

                Ever since I arrived, Yonghwa has been acting so differently than the way he usually is.

 

                Usually he would be the one who talk a lot while I answer. Yesterday, when we were in Hyoyeon unnie's book cafe he even kept picking on me. But today, it seems like it's the other way around.

 

                He's so passive that it's almost scary.

 

                I sit still as I wait for him to say something. After all, he was the one who was saying that he's having problem with writing the draft.

 

                "You're the girl from the other day right, the one who is taking Jung Ahjusshi’s class?"

 

                Suddenly, the tall guy from the other night approaches us while greeting me.

 

                I just nod a little, still feeling awkward by his friendliness.

 

 

                "Hyung! You said you have no interest in her? Taking her here twice really means something right?" He says as he arrives at our table.

 

                His comment makes him receive a sharp kick from Yonghwa who is now glaring and looking like the crazy killer guys in thriller movies Jinwoon always watch.

 

                I try hard not to gape at the scene.

 

                The tall guy Jungshin, whom I finally manage to recall his name, let out a painful squeal as he rub his leg.

 

                "Hyung! That's hurt you know? I thought we had the 'no violence' agreement when we first form our band? How could you do this to me? How could you choose her instead of me when I always— Ah, Ah, Jonghyun hyung! What's wrong with you?"

 

                Suddenly, a guy I haven't met before show up and started to pull Jungshin's left ear.

 

                "Ah hyung! I've done wrong! Let my ear go! Don't use your judo strength to pull my ear off my head!"

 

                The guy then let go of Jungshin's turned red left ear and say, "It seems like we haven't been introduced yet, I'm Jonghyun, the son of this bar's owner and also a member of the band."

 

                He reach out his hand towards me for what I assume, to offer a handshake but it was stopped by Yonghwa who still looks like he was about to eat someone alive.

 

                The guy named Jonghyun smile and says, "Alright, I got it hyung, I'll take those two idiots for a lunch."

 

                "Idiots? Lunch? But didn't we just had an early lunc--" Jungshin was saying whatever he was trying to say halfway before again receive a kick from both Yonghwa and Jonghyun.

 

                "Hyung!"

 

                The two guys ignores the poor Jungshin’s yelp as Jonghyun calls out the third guy who is now at the bar counter, looking busy cleaning and wiping the glasses.

 

                "Minhyuk ah! Let's have our lunch!" Jonghyun say.

 

                The guy named Minhyuk looks up while putting the glass in his hand back on top of the counter.

 

                On the night when I came to pick up my phone, I didn't get to see his face clearly due to the lighting.

 

                But today, I could see that he is just as good looking as the other guys here. He looks considerably cute even in my opinion.

 

                Oh wait something sounds wrong, let me rephrase my sentence.

 

                He is just as good looking as the tall Jungshin and the bar owner’s son Jonghyun.

 

                Now, that sounds better.

 

****************************

                Meanwhile the three guys leave their leader with that interesting girl in the bar as they walk towards their practice studio which is about two blocks away from the bar.

 

                Jungshin: "Hyung! Why did you do that? It's still hurt you know!" What did I do wrong? Oh, this is so unfair.

 

                Jungshin pout while rubbing his throbbing ear which is still red. He glares at Jonghyun but still feel a little intimidated since Jonghyun hyung judo moves could send him straight to the hospital.

 

                Minhyuk:  "It's because you're such an idiot. How could you be so daft? It's just so obvious that you should leave the two alone."

 

                Minhyuk chuckles while thinking about that funny scene between his band mates a few minutes ago. He never thought he would see such expression from Yonghwa hyung. He knows him ever since Yonghwa saved him from bullies when he was in the first year while Yonghwa was his sunbae in school.

 

                 But never once did Yonghwa act so awkwardly around girls like that. He has always been so popular. Kind yet charismatic and confident, that is his Yonghwa hyung. But now, from what he sees there is something different about the way he act around that kind looking girl.

 

                Jonghyun: "You should thank me instead you know. If I didn't come to save you, it is possible that you'll never been able to see the light of the day ever anymore."

 

                Jungshin: "But why? I was trying to be friendly, she could be one of our fans right?"

 

                Both Minhyuk and Jonghyun laugh at Jungshin’s words.

 

                Minhyuk: “Hyung, he really is stupid right?”

 

                Jonghyun: “Yeah, I know that he is a little weird but I never thought he could be this slow.”

 

                Jungshin starts to get even more confused by his two band mates’ action.

 

                Jungshin: “Oh guys, what is going on here?” Omma, Minhyuk and Jungshin are bullying me.

 

                Jonghyun: “We’ll tell you someday, for now, let’s go hang out with Hyungsuk hyung.”

 

                They continue to walk towards the practice studio while having fun looking at the clueless Jungshin.

 


Hey Guys!

OMG, I almost forgot about posting the new chapter today!

AHAHAHA~

 

So here it is 

By the way, for the conversation between the boys (Jungshin, Minhyuk, Jonghyun)

I decided to write it in 3rd POV

Since it's easier

 

 

Oh btw, we have a new side character to popup soon!

Who do you think Hyungsuk is? 

^^