Part Fifteen

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

                It is the night before the first draft presentation and it’s already very late. I keep turning and tossing on my bed, unable to sleep. My head is spinning, my palm is sweating, and I’m very convinced that I’m currently experiencing something similar to a panic attack.

 

                 What happened last Sunday was too much of a shock. I can’t even tell Hyoyeon unnie or Jinwoon about it because it was too embarrassing.

 

                Everything is still vivid in my mind. For the first time, I hate my strong memory.

 

                That day, after his lips left mine, we stood facing each other, almost breathless. His eyes fixed on my face, and I still remember how he puzzled looked like while watching me.

 

                It feels like the time has been stopped, and I became even more flustered when he kept on looking at me and not saying anything.

 

                “Seohyun-sshi, “finally he said.

 

                “I don’t know why I did that suddenly. It might be because of the atmosphere, I’m sorry if that kiss make you’re angry , I promise it won’t happen again unless—” he stopped while looking like he was trying to find the right words.

 

                Did he say that he’s sorry?

 

                I don’t know why, even though the kiss was unexpected and I do feel a little startled, and even if that was my first kiss, I never thought the word ‘sorry’ could make me wanted to cry.

 

                It was appropriate to say that and I deserve to hear that. He did over step the boundary.

 

                 It was needed.

 

                But at that time, sounded like he was regretting it. Like it was a mistake and he didn’t really want to kiss me.

 

                He did say that it might be because of the atmosphere.

                And we were alone at that time.

                It’s possible that I looked vulnerable.

                And he also said that it won’t happen again next time.

 

                Even until tonight, I still can’t find the reason. But I felt so insulted that I didn’t even bother to hear what he wanted to say after that.

 

                I remember what I said to him back then.

 

                First, I smiled to him, trying to look as calm as possible.

 

                “It’s okay, it’s no big deal. It was just a kiss after all, it’s not like it was my first kiss or something, we both are old enough, don’t worry about that.”

 

                I laughed a little then, trying to shake of the nervousness.

 

                My heart was beating so fast, and I remembered how shaky my hands as I muttered those lies. My cheeks were burning and I was just a step away from bursting out crying.

 

                “I was just a little startled since it was too sudden. No need to apologize, you just can forget about it,” I continued as I clenched my fist tightly.

 

                Then I quickly checked on my watch.

 

                “I should go now. See you during the class then.”

 

                I quickly bowed then left him standing alone in the bar as I walk as fast as I could before he could see my wet eyes.

 

                For the first time in my life, that day, I felt like skipping the Philosophy class—and I still feel like that tonight.

 

[Yonghwa’s POV]

 

                “Minhyuk ah! Pour me one more glass of soju!” I shout at Minhyuk as I hand him the glass in my hand. It’s already the second bottle, but I don’t feel drunk yet.

 

                “What is wrong with you hyung? Stop it, you’re drunk already,” Jonghyun take the glass from my hand.

 

                “WHO SAID THAT? I AM NOT DRUNK! GIVE ME MY GLASS” I say trying to grab the glass from Jonghyun hand but end up knocking Jungshin’s head who is sitting next to me.

 

                “Hyung, let’s go home. It’s three in the morning, the bar is closed already,” Jungshin try to make me stand up only to receive a second beating from me.

 

                “Lemme go! I’m not drunk! I don’t want to go home! I don’t want to see that old man face! He is the one who started all this! If it’s not because of him, I won’t be having this kind of trouble at all!”

 

                I give up on getting the glass from Jonghyun and reach out for the soju bottle then drink straight away from it, only a few gulp before it got snatched away by Minhyuk.

 

                “Yahhh!!!  Do you want to die? Give it back!” I yell at Minhyuk who still maintain his expressionless expression.

 

                This kiddo really has grown up huh? It feels like yesterday when I saved him from those bullies.

 

                I still remember how those weaklings apologize to him later and how Minhyuk forgive them and said that it was nothing.

 

                It was nothing?

 

                That word makes me turn my head towards the spot where I was left standing like an idiot that day.

 

                The thought of it makes my heart clench.

 

                I don’t know what went wrong that day.

 

                But, the way she smiled to me like it was nothing.

 

                It hurts so much.

 

                                                                ********************************

                Minhyuk: “What’s wrong with him? He’s been acting grumpy since that day that agasshi came.”                                            

 

                Jungshin: “How can I know? It’s all Jonghyun hyung faults, if we stayed that day, we would definitely know what happened.”

 

                Jonghyun: “Yahh, how come it was my fault? Yonghwa hyung was the one who wanted us to leave them alone!”

 

                Jungshin: “But, don’t you feel like something big has happened?”

 

                Jungshin grins widely, looking so proud like he has just solved something big, only to receive one more beating. This time, it’s coming from Jonghyun.

 

                Minhyuk: “You’re just so dumb! Of course something happened! When did the last time you see him drinking like this?” This guy is beyond saving. I should stay away from him so that I won’t be infected by his idiocy.

 

                “Please don’t go go go~ Jaebal ddeonakajima, hanbeonmanirado nal dorabwajullae~~”

 

                Yonghwa’s sudden singing makes the three of them to turn their heads towards him. Their leader now is already leaving the table they are sitting at and now lying down on the long sofa near the mini stage.

 

                Jonghyun: “This seems serious. He never sings when he is drunk, except if it’s something that’s making him sad. Like when he had a fight with his uncle last time, remember?”               

                   

                Minhyuk: “That’s right. He didn’t even get drunk when he breaks up with his first girlfriend, let alone sing like a crazy person like this.”                                                

 

                Jungshin: “Aigoo, if our pretty fans see the leader like this, they must feel so bad. Jonghyun hyung, let us just sleep here tonight, it’s too late to even go home right now and it’s actually has been awhile since we actually sleep together like this, the blanket that we used last time is still here right? I’ll go take it.”

 

                Jonghyun: “You’re right. If we keep on waiting like this, it’s possible we won’t be able to                                                 sleep tonight, Minhyuk ah clean all this up. We don’t want him to drink any more than this.”

 

                                                                                *************************

                I wake up from Jungshin’s snoring with a throbbing headache then glance at the wall clock which now indicating that it’s already seven in the morning.

 

                I can see the Jungshin sleeping on the sofa in front of me, his long legs hanging over the sofa’s end, while Minhyuk and Jonghyun both sleeping on a chair while placing their leg on another one.

 

                I try to remember what happened last night that made us four to sleep at the bar like this.

 

                When I do, all I can do is to mentally spank myself due to the humiliation.

 

                I should be taking care of them and be a good example since I’m the leader.

 

                But instead, I’m making them sleep uncomfortably like this when they all have a family to come home to.

 

                I reach out for my phone in my jeans pocket.

 

                                                                * 5 MISSED CALLS: GRUMPY AGASSHI *

 

                My whole body becomes fully awake as I see the missed call notification.

 

                It was at 2 AM.

                I was drinking at that time

                Oh great.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

                I start my day with a foul mood.

 

                I don’t know if it’s because Yonghwa keeps calling me that, but I’m starting to become grumpy for real.

 

                But I have a few solid reasons behind my bad mood.

 

  1. I didn’t get a wink of sleep last night because of Jung Yonghwa.
  2. The reason why I didn’t get to sleep was because my thought was full of complication and confusion that was caused by none other than Jung Yonghwa.
  3. Then, it gets even more complicated when Jung Yonghwa didn’t pick up my call.
  4. I end up thinking more complicatedly because I can’t find a reason why he—Jung Yonghwa didn’t pick up his phone, when I’m already calling for the fifth time.
  5. In the end, it was all because of Jung Yonghwa.

 

                I sigh as I sit in front of my dresser while combing my hair.

 

                The dark circle that has been forming becomes even more visible as the time goes by.

 

                I hate Jung Yonghwa.

 

                After all those tossing and turning last night, I ended up deciding to call him in order to clear up the confusions.

 

                The reason is simple

 

                I have a class with him today and if I didn’t get to talk to him beforehand, we will surely end up looking even more awkward than we used to be.

 

                And Jinwoon, he has such a sharp eye. He will know that something is wrong and he will make me confess about it.

 

                And that would be a problem.

 

                Firstly, I can’t lie to Jinwoon.

 

                Secondly, he would definitely know that I’m lying and I would end up telling the truth.

 

                Although this might sound exaggerating, I would rather die than telling Jinwoon about the kiss. Because either way, I’m pretty sure I would die.

 

                So I would rather die not telling him than dying from embarrassment after telling him.

 

                I went downstairs for breakfast.

 

                My parents are already sitting at the table, enjoying their morning.

 

                “Good morning princess,” my father greets me as put the newspaper he was reading earlier on the table.

 

                “Morning appa, omma,” I sit next to my mother as she pour a glass of milk for me.

 

                “You look terrible—did you stay up last night? Oh Hyunnie, getting good grades are important, but that won’t mean that much to us if you end up getting sick,” my mother says.

 

                If my parents find out the reason I was not sleeping last night is not because of I’m studying, they would probably faint, epecially my father.

 

                He would definitely kill that idiot for turning me into a panda.

 

                “I promise mom, I won’t push myself and get sick,” I say as I try assuring them.

 

                                                                *************************

 

                When I arrive at the classroom, I don’t see him anywhere.

 

                 Although a part of me is feeling a little better, but at the same time, I feel a little angry.

 

                Is he avoiding me right now?

                First, he didn’t pick up my call.

                Now, he didn’t even come to class?

 

                “Coward,” I mutter.

 

                “Who is it?”

 

                Jinwoon voice startles me a little. He is now standing behind me, looking all happy and blissful.

 

                “Uh? Who’s what?” I say, pretending not to understand.

 

                “The coward,” Jinwoon says as we walk towards our seats.

 

                “Ah, it’s nothing,” I say.

 

                Please drop it Jinwoonie, I can’t answer that!

 

                Jinwoon stare at me for a moment.

 

                My heart starts to beat so fast, feeling worry by the fact that I might have just gotten caught for lying, but thankfully, he drop the question and starts to change the subject.

 

                When we finally have a seat, he then take out his completed draft and hand it to me.

 

                “Check it, I’m not sure if I’m using the terms correctly,” he says.

 

                I take it anyway albeit that I’m pretty sure that his draft would be much better than mine.

 

                I was about to finish my reading when I hear Jinwoon say.

 

                “Yonghwa hyung! Here!”

 

                Hyung?

                 Since when did he start to call him hyung?

 

                Curiosity starts to fill me. I try to calm down and force myself to keep reading on.

 

                “I saved a seat for you here” he continues.

 

                Wait, did he say here?

 

                I quickly lift my head as I see Jinwoon moving to the empty seat on my left leaving the seat he was sitting at which is on my right.

 

                Oh god, did he just let Yonghwa to sit next to me?

                Oh please reject the offer.

 

                I pray silently.

                Yonghwa stand for a while before he finally sits on the chair.

 

                Great

                Now I’m stuck with him for the rest of the class which is three hours long

 

                “Did you get my text this morning? I was worried if you forget to bring the draft so I asked Hyoyeon noona to give me your number. By the way, do you mind me calling you hyung? Since you’re the same age as noona,” Jinwoon says enthusiastically.

 

                Omo, what’s wrong with him?

                Being all nice and friendly, did he take the wrong medicine this morning?

 

                I commented quietly in my head.

 

                “Sure, I don’t mind that,” Yonghwa says as my head unintentionally turns towards him.

 

                Only then did I manage to find out that, he looks even worse than I am.

 

                Grumpy

                Grouchy

                And sulky

 

                Although I have no idea what cause him to look like that when I am the one who should look like that.

                                                ******************************************

[Yonghwa’s POV]

 

                The old man’s class is currently progressing, but I can’t shake off my worries. The tension between the two of us is just so huge, it’s almost impossible for anyone to not notice it by now.

 

                I still feel a little light headed due to last night over drinking. But I decided to come anyway. There are so many things I want to tell her, and so much more to ask.

 

                Ever since I arrive, Seohyun’s been trying to act normally as if nothing has ever happened before. But as the involving party, I can’t be so oblivious.  Since the lecture started, she’s been shifting left and right on her seat. It’s so obvious that she was affected by the kiss the other day or at least, my presence does affect her in some way.

 

                Damn it

 

                Unintentionally, I let out a small curse that caused her to turn her head towards me from the shock.  Then she quickly moves her gaze to the front as her cheek began to turn red.

 

                I just don’t get it.

                She seems to be affected.

 

                But at the same time, she looks quite calm comparing to me who is now having a storm in my thought. No, that was an understatement—it’s a tsunami I’m having right now.

 

                Arghh

                I’m not sure what is what anymore.

 

                One look at her, she seems fine, and then one more look at her, she seems disturbed.

 

                I think I might possibly get crazy if this continue.

 

                I have to talk to her today.

                No matter what.

 

                Suddenly, I saw her taking her phone out of her bag and started to type something.

 

                Then, my phone which is in my pocket starts to vibrate.

                I take it out to check on it.

               

              *INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender: Grumpy Agasshi

                Message: Can you stop staring at me and start focusing on the lecture?

 

                I don’t know whether I should laugh or not.

                I look at her again, this time, trying to not look so obvious.

                Soon, I receive one more message

 

                 *INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender: Grumpy Agasshi

                Message: And one more thing, this is not really that important but can you keep what happened the other day from Hyoyeon unnie and Jinwoon? Especially Jinwoon? Well, it’s not that important if he knows or not, I just don’t feel like letting him know. And oh, I can still tell that you’re looking at me.

 

                This time, instead of wanting to smile, I feel like punching somebody instead.

 

                Not tell Jinwoon huh?

 

                I clenched my teeth as I try to calm myself from dragging her out of the class this instance.


Hey Guys!

The update is a little late today right?

Sorry if you were waiting! *bows*

I have some stuffs to do ^^

 

So, here it is, the continuation to the unexpected kiss 

Oh by the way, to 'soshi5' regarding to your comment:

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa they kissed that's really something 

update soonn and please don't let him apologize for kissing her like a real idiot cause it may offend her 
fighting !

 

Well, unfortunately, you were right~

He did apologize to Seohyun

(and in my defense I wrote it long before you comment..hihihihi)

So by the power bestowed to me as the author

I allow you to smack him in the face. ^^ 

(But, do it lightly okay! I don't want him to have bruises all over his face in the next chapter ^^LOL)

 

One more thing!

This story finally have a poster~~

I finally managed to get it done in between the time writing and juggling schools~

Hahaha~ it's been awhile since I do any graphic editing 

Hope you guys find it acceptable

Although I still wish it would turn out much better

But~ I had fun making it ^^

 

Well, that's all for today's babbling~ byeeee!