Part Ten

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

                When we enter the bookstore, Hyoyeon unnie ask me to look around first as she want to go meet her mother inside of the office.

 

                “Since you’re helping me, choose two or three books for yourself, it’s my treat. As for the book for the café, just list down the tittle for now, I’ll ask one of the workers here to take care of it.” Hyoyeon unnie says as she walks away from me.

 

                This bookstore is the largest one among all of the branches of bookstore that Hyoyeon unnie’s mother owns. There is also a small café inside it and the goguma latte that they make is just so good!

 

                I also notice that the interior design does change a little since the last time I come here. At one corner of the store, there are a bunch of cute teddy bear displayed inside a huge display glass. There’s a description near it that says:

 

“BUY TO READ, BUY TO DONATE”

Starting from this month until the end of the year, 10% from profits on every children book will be used as a donation to the National’s Children’s Cancer Society.

We read to gain knowledge for the future and our children is the future.

 

                Wait a minute, this seems a little familiar.

 

                I suddenly remember my conversation with Hyoyeon unnie and her mother a few months back. They were planning to donate some of the profit to the charity but they were still choosing which organization to donate to. I suggested on the Children’s Cancer Society because when I was in high school, I joined a charity event where we go and visit children with cancer and that experience left a deep impression on me.

 

                I never thought that they would actually consider my idea.

 

                But still, it’s nice to find out about this. Maybe I should buy a few children books too. I could donate the books as well. Hyoyeon unnie’s mother must be able to pass it on to the children. I should discuss about this with my dad, it’s been awhile since we do any charity work.

 

                I continue to wander around when I suddenly see a familiar figure.

 

                Omo, it’s Yonghwa!

 

                I quickly hide myself behind the one of the book racks as my eyes continue to watch him. He is standing in front of one of the racks with a brown box near his feet about two meters away from where I am standing right now, while his hand busy sorting some books into the rack.

 

                Wait. Don’t tell me he works here?

                I laugh at my own thought.

 

                Idiot King is working with books.

 

                I let out a snort as the idea is just too ridiculous for me to accept. This is such a spectacular scene, seriously he don’t look like the type who would work at a bookstore. People like him might be better off working at someplace like, like—I don’t know what place would suit his style but I just think that Yonghwa and bookstore doesn’t really match well.

 

                By the way, isn’t this too much of a coincidence?

                After all, he is the last person I want to see and there he is.

                Is he some kind of crazy stalker? That is creepy!

 

                One more thing, why on earth do I have to hide when I have nothing to fear?

 

                Now, I am the one who is looking like an idiot.

 

                I was considering to not hiding and lifting my head up again when suddenly I saw him looking towards the direction I’m hiding. Unknowingly, instead of just lowering my head a little like I did before, now I end up crouching behind the rack instead.

 

                Did he see me?

                Please not.

 

                I pray as I sneak a peek from one side of the rack.

                He is now talking to some unknown woman while smiling.

 

                Who is that, maybe one of the customers? 

 

                A little girl is holding her hand, while she continues to talk to Yonghwa who is now looking like he is giving direction to her.

 

                Well, whoever she is, the important thing is that I’m saved for now.

                I should go to Hyoyeon unnie before he sees me.

 

                Still crouching, I let out a sigh of relief when suddenly a young boy, around the age of five suddenly standing in front of me.

 

                “Noona, what are you doing? Are you playing hide and seek?” the boy ask me.

 

                I was trying to think of an answer that would satisfy him while not making me sound like a weird person when he suddenly turns towards the direction where Yonghwa is standing and say, “Omma, this noona is playing hide and seek. Can I play with her?”

 

                Oh no, is that lady his mother?

 

                “Don’t be so silly Choi Minho, come back here, no one play hide and seek in a place like this and stop running around. I don’t have time to look for you if you’re lost.”

 

                “But Omma, I’m not lying, this noona really looks like she is playing hide and seek,” the little boy whines as he points his finger towards my direction.

 

                “Choi Minho, come back here this—,” the lady starts to sound a little angry when she suddenly gets interrupted by Yonghwa.

 

                “If it’s okay for you madam, I’ll go and take a look for you.”

 

                Crap, this is bad

                I really should go now.

 

                Still crouching, I try to turn around when the little boy suddenly held my hand.

 

                “Noona, where are you going? Let me play too!”

 

                The boy grip is quite firm as I try to move his hand from me.

 

                Half whispering I say to him, “let me go little boy, I’ll play with you next time.”

 

                “Play with me now! Noona, why are you hiding? Let me hide with you!”

 

                Oh god, I have no idea how should I handle this!

 

                Being the only child, I really don’t know how to interact with kids and I always end up making them angry or cry.

 

                Oh someone, help me!

 

                As soon as the thought crossed my mind, I see Yonghwa who now is standing proudly in front of me, his eyebrows raised while looking amused by the scene he is currently witnessing.

 

                Awkward

 

                I force myself to smile as I try hard to hide the embarrassment I’m feeling currently.

 

                Still not knowing what to do, I stay still.

 

                He then moves his stare away from me and shifts it towards the boy.

 

                Then, he kneels down to look at the young boy’s face.

 

                “Hello there. Your name is Minho right?” Yonghwa says as he touches the boy’s head.

 

                The boy nods as he looks straight into Yonghwa’s eyes.

 

                “So, Minho, actually this noona is not playing hide and seek. She’s actually picking up something from the floor. Right?” he says as he turns his head slightly towards me.

 

                “A- ah, yes. That’s right,” I stutter a little as I nod a few times.

 

                “Picking something up? What is it?” the little boy ask, still look a little unsatisfied.

 

                “U-uh, she’s trying to pick up….” Yonghwa pause a little, looking like he is trying to think of something.

 

                “It’s the book! I was picking up the book that fell down on the floor. Then I placed it back on the rack,” I quickly add trying to look as believable as possible.

 

                “Yeah, noona was trying to pick up the book,” Yonghwa says still trying to convince the boy.

 

                “Oh, noona is not playing hide and seek then? So why are you still crouching noona?  ” the boy asks.

 

                I quickly get up.

 

                This little boy is really smart with his word.

 

                 “So, how about now, Noona does not look like she’s hiding anymore right?” Yonghwa says.

 

                The boy finally nods.

 

                I let go a sigh of relief.

 

                Even though I don’t really want to accept any help from Yonghwa, I’m glad he’s here now. If it’s just me alone handling the boy, I don’t know what I would do.

 

                “Now, go to your mother. You don’t want to get lost right?” Yonghwa adds as he once again put his hand on the boy head, while he messes up the boy hair a little.

 

                A smile of affection is shown on his face.

 

                The boy then runs towards his mother who is still waiting with the little girl who might be his little sister.

 

************************************

                “So,” Yonghwa says as soon as the boy left. He is now standing facing me.

 

                I touch my hair nervously. The feeling of relief just now has been replaced by extreme awkwardness.

 

                Haha, I actually end up getting caught.

                I shouldn’t have hid in the first place.

 

                Still regretting my own action, my head is busy thinking of an excuse. He won’t believe me if I use the ‘picking up book’ excuse. It’s would be too obvious that I’m lying when he is the one who helped me with that.

 

              Still looking at me he then continues, “Why were you crouching like that? Don’t tell me that the boy is actually right? Were you really hiding?”

 

                I can feel my face turning hot when he said the word ‘hiding’.

 

                It’s like getting caught on spot while trying to cheat on exam.

 

                Well, not that I actually know how that would actually feel like. But truthfully right now, I want to hide myself. I seriously don’t know what to say.

 

                I should change the topic and distract him.

 

                But what should I say?

 

                Think Seohyun! Think!

 

                I try to think as hard as I can, but my mind just went blank when I see him staring at me like that.

 

                “Errr..” I pause.

 

                Oh gosh, he must be having fun seeing me like this.

 

                “Hyunnie!”

 

                Suddenly, I hear Hyoyeon unnie’s voice calling me.

 

                Quickly I turn around towards the direction of her voice and see her walking towards us.

 

                She is now a few steps away from where we both stand.

 

                Hyoyeon unnie thank you, I love you!

 

                You have no idea, how thankful I’m feeling right now.

 

                  One more minute alone with Yonghwa, who knows what kind of stupid excuse would I blurt out? The thought of it alone make me shiver.

 

                I really should stop embarrassing myself around him.

 

                But for now I should add what happened just now to the list of “My Embarrassing Moments after Meeting Yonghwa”.


 

How are you dear gogumas?

So here it is, the tenth chapter, shorter than I plan it to be but I hope you will like it.

Oh one more thing! What do you think about our cameo in this part?

Little Choi Minho ^^

If you ask why I choose to use his name, I have no idea actually

I was just looking for a name for the boy

And I don't know why, but I keep wanting for it to be our Little Minho 

Hahahahaah

 

Oh by the way

The long (?) awaited Yonghwa's POV will be up in the next part

I had quite a hard time to write what's on his mind

So would you pardon me if it feels a little bit stiff?

Well, whatever it is, wait for the next part!

The story will start to pick up it's pace!

 

So for now, have a good day!

 

P/S: I purposely add the Donate for Charity Campaign in this story

A few weeks ago, I saw an article about Children that fights with Cancer

It really makes me sad

My late grandpa also passed away from Cancer

Well, my whole point is, we should do something kind to other people in need

Try to give more than to receive!

Since most of us is a lot luckier than some of us :)

Ohh I should stop my blabbering now

So again, have a good day ^^