Part Twenty One

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

 [Seohyun’s POV]

 

                The loud cheering of people inside the hall doesn’t affect me even a tiny bit right now. All I want to do is to go home to sleep and pretend that all of this is just a dream.

 

                If other people know what I am thinking right now they might think that I am such an ungrateful girl. But what can I do? It’s just too overwhelming. The fact that Jinwoon confesses his love to me tonight baffles me. How can I not realize it before? We’ve been spending our time together as long as I can remember. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. Oh well, I guess that is not true now. Since I already have a secret that I’ve been keeping from him (the kiss) and it turns out that he also has a secret that I don’t know —or in this case, ‘had’ would be even more appropriate.

 

                Dear god, what should I do? I know that I love Jinwoon, but I don’t know if I love him as a friend or more than that. He’s been here all my life—and what if I don’t return his feeling back? Does that mean that I will lose him forever?

 

                I should have noticed it when we made that bet.  How can I not notice it? It was strange enough that he suddenly want us to make that bet and wouldn’t take no for an answer.

 

                But in my defence, how on earth should I guess it? Jinwoon is a very unpredictable guy. He likes to joke around. Therefore, I never take that bet seriously, I just agree to please him. Albeit the fact that I do want to know the secret, I usually brush it off thinking that it’s just his usual kidding self.

 

                I wonder how he has been feeling all these time when I don’t actually try to beat him during the examinations—or to at least show my enthusiasm.  Not that I don’t want to. Even if that bet doesn’t exist, I still want to beat Jinwoon once and I still do.                    

           How awful must he feel all these time? Waiting to confess his love but unable to because of his promise? And since it turns out like this, he must have been thinking so hard to decide to break our promise and just tell me instead.

          I feel so bad right now.

          I turn my head to look at Hyoyeon unnie who is still focused on the performance in front of us. When I come back to our seat just after I had the talk with Jinwoon, Hyoyeon unnie was acting so excited and swooning over the fact that I get such a grand confession tonight.

 

                But little did she knows, it was two confessions instead of one.

 

                Yes people, two confessions.

 

                Although those who know about the second one, probably just Yonghwa and me.

 

                I was still with Jinwoon when I heard it. Still trying to overcome the first shock I received from Jinwoon—and I’m presented with a new shock?

 

                The girl who steals his heart as she steals his seat?

 

                As much as I want to deny it, taking all the things that have been happening between the two of us into account, I’m pretty sure that those words are directed to me. It’s not like I didn’t notice the tension between us. I am very aware of the fact that there is something between us that I can’t explain with words. As much as I hate to see him sometimes and that he always makes me angry, I can’t say that I am not happy when he is around.

 

                Then, do I like him?

 

                To be honest, I can’t say that I like him. I like Jinwoon even better. I never feel tense when I’m around Jinwoon. He makes me happy, comfortable and protected all the time. I can tell him everything (almost everything) and he understands me well.

 

                On the other hand, Yonghwa is a whole different case. He makes me feel uneasy all the time, I get grumpy when I’m around him and he really makes me want to cry sometimes. I wish I could know what does it means, to hate a person but at the same time to not despise his presence.

 

                Am I the complicated one here?

 

                Not only that, I don’t even have the slightest intention to date anyone at all—or at least for now.

                I mean, I have a whole future in front of me, is it really necessary to add relationship in?

                I’m just 22!

*********************

[Hyoyeon’s POV]

 

                I keep on pretending to be absorbed in the performance in front of us as I steal some glances towards Seohyun. She keeps on creasing her forehead while looking like she is so deep in thought and seeing her like that really makes me have the urge to laugh out loud.

 

                     Poor girl

 

                She must be having quite a headache right now—not knowing what to do.  

 

                The confession from Jinwoon earlier was something unpredictable, even for me. I’ve always been so sharp to see others feeling, but Jinwoon managed to hide so well.  I thought that Jinwoon love for Seohyun is more like a brotherly love. But who am I kidding right? Any sane guy would know how lucky he is to be with Seohyun.

 

                 The second confession that Yonghwa suddenly blurt out right after the first one was even more shocking. I am pretty sure that the confession is directed to Seohyun, but what was the ‘the girl who steal my heart as she steal my seat’ means actually confuses me a little. Maybe it was something that happens between the two of them before since that we don't know since I never heard anything about it from Jungshin the other day. 

 

                All I know is that Yonghwa has been acting even weirder after that night when Jungshin help them escape the classroom and the boys want to make him realize that he actually have fallen in love with Seohyun, and just stop playing the denial game. That was actually the purpose of our plan for tonight. We planned to gather together right after tonight’s event and make Jungshin pretend to confess to Seohyun—so that Yonghwa would be jealous. 

 

                    I know it sounds ridiculous.

 

                But, none of us (Jungshin, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Hyungsuk and I), could predict that Jinwoon would actually confesses to Seohyun tonight. Talk about coincidence! Except, what is even better is that the fact Yonghwa would make up his mind so fast like that. We don't even have to push him anymore. At last, we can see how serious his feeling is now. 

 

                But since the situation has turns out to be like this, even I could not expect the outcome. Both guys are just so good. I’ve known Yonghwa and Jinwoon so long and I know that they could be trusted.

 

              The question is, who will Seohyun pick?

 

                Therefore, even if my mouth is itching to tell Seohyun the fact that not only me, but there are also four other people who actually knows the fact that Yonghwa’s confession is actually directed to her, I decided to give Seohyun some time to think and just observe from afar. I believe that Seohyun will make a wise decision. 

 

                and I’m pretty sure it’ll be fun to watch them all.

 

                I’m really glad that the boys told me about all of these earlier, or else, I might be the ignorant one tonight.

 

                                                                                                *******************************************************

 

[Yonghwa’s POV]

 

                I saw Hyoyeon waiting for us at the entrance with Seohyun standing right next to her. Hyungsuk told me earlier that there will be a get together at the bar with some friends. Although I do expect them to invite Hyoyeon, I never thought that Seohyun will be joining too. I mean, considering the fact that she came to cheer on Jinwoon—shouldn’t she be joining him instead?

 

                I should’ve guessed it when Hyoyeon return the tickets I gave her saying that she already have another extra ticket from Seohyun. Who else would Seohyun come to event like this for other than Jinwoon?

 

         Even though I know that Jinwoon also have a band, it didn’t cross my mind that he will be participating, at least until when I saw his name in the line-up earlier this evening.

 

                The thought of Jinwoon makes my blood boils again. I’ve always known that he will become a nuisance between us sooner or later, but I never expect it to be this soon. From what Seohyun told me the other night, since they have known each other for so long, I always assume that it will be harder for him to confess to her—considering their friendship.

 

                So, what happen tonight is definitely unexpected.

 

                I should thank him actually.

                I will never realize my feelings for Seohyun if it’s not because of him.

 

                When I saw Seohyun on the stage earlier, with the bouquet in her hand, I just snap. I won’t hand her over just like that. This time, I’ll approach her directly and I will definitely make her mine.

 

                “Hey guys, congratulations for the win!”

 

                Hyoyeon voice brings me back to reality.

 

                “Thanks noona, I guess we can ask you to treat us tonight?” Jungshin reply excitedly.

 

                “Stop dreaming Jungshin, asking from this cheapskate won’t get you anything,” Hyungsuk says with a smirk.

 

                I can see Hyoyeon eyes pops out as soon as she hears Hyungsuk’s comment.

 

                “What? You jerk, take that back!”

 

                “Ahh noona, he was just joking don’t take it seriously,” Minhyuk says trying to calm Hyoyeon.

 

                I don’t even feel worried when I see them bickering like this every time they meet. I might even feel weird if they don’t. But right now, my attention is fully on the girl who is standing silently next to Hyoyeon.

 

                Maybe it’s the dark surrounding at the backstage, or maybe because I was so distracted when I see Seohyun with Jinwoon earlier , I didn’t realize how beautiful she looks tonight. It’s rare to see Seohyun to wear such bold colour like this, and I am so lucky that I get to see it now.

 

                As if knowing what’s in my mind, Seohyun step back a little, trying to hide behind Hyoyeon.

 

                She might still be shocked by my sudden confession.

 

                Oh right, the confession.

 

                 Suddenly, the thought of that confession makes my heart pounding even more loudly than it is just now. To be honest, I didn’t expect me to actually act so impulsive like that.  Confession is just not my thing—and to think that I just done it in front of those crowd.

 

                Good lord, that was embarrassing.

 

                Well, at least these boys don’t know who the girl I’m talking about is, and Hyoyeon too. I can’t imagine how I am going to deal with it if they all know about it. I can’t let my reputation go down like that, that is so not cool.

 

                Therefore, for now I’ll just ignore it if they ask about the girl identity—just like how I did it when they force me to spill the bean as soon as we finishes our performance previously.

 

                I need to hear Seohyun’s answer first.

*********************

 

                We all arrive at the bar about 30 minutes later with another nuisance tagging along— Jeong Jinwoon.

 

                When we were about to walk to the car from the entrance earlier, suddenly a voice—a familiar yet annoying voice called out for my name. Initially, I planned to just ignore him and pretend not to hear, especially since I don’t want him to have the upper hand to talk to Seohyun again when I haven’t got my chance to even explain myself to her.  But he was too fast to reach us.

 

                “Hyung, congratulations on the winning,” he said with those smiling eyes of his as soon as he arrived in front of us.

 

                Not wanting to be rude, I gave him a quick nod. But only god knows how much I wanted to just ignore him at that time. No matter how much I like him as a person, he is after all, my rival.

 

                Everything was fine as we told him that we need to get going, until Hyungsuk suddenly invite him and his band mates to join us at the bar. 

 

                And all I could do is just stop myself from kicking him. Well, I can’t blame him either. He didn’t know that he is helping his friend rival. At least its just Jinwoon who is joining us. Having too much people tonight won't help me find a chance to talk to Seohyun privately even more.

 

                Consider yourself lucky Jeong Jinwoon.

 

                                                                                ******************

 

                “Hey, loverboy! The confession earlier was amazing, ” Hyungsuk said as he reached out to offer Jinwoon a glass.

              

                At the mention of the word confession, I could see Seohyun face turns bright red as she tried to avoid eye contact with both Jinwoon and me. Meanwhile, Jinwoon just smile at Hyungsuk in return.

 

                “Ah hyung—stop embarrassing me. That was nothing,”Jinwoon says.

 

                Hyung?

                Since when did they start talking closely like that?

                Hyungsuk, you traitor!

 

                I keep my silence as I watch both Jinwoon and Seohyun reaction as the conversations goes by.

 

                I wonder if Jinwoon realizes that my confession is meant for Seohyun too. He hasn’t mention anything so far, so I guess that he didn’t know. Plus, his actions towards me tonight doesn’t seems like he is treating me as his rival either.

 

                Well, that is more than fine to me.

 

                My rival doesn’t know that he is my rival.

 

                Nothing could be better.

 

                “So hyung, who is that lucky girl?”

 

                Jinwoon's sudden question almost make me choke on my drink.

 

                “Yeah Yonghwa, I never knew you had someone in mind already,” Hyoyeon adds.

 

                “—and what with that cheesy line? What was it? The girl who stole my seat? Hahahaha,” Jonghyun laugh as he teases me.

 

                God, what am I going to do with these idiots? They are not helping at all.

 

                “It’s a secret,” I finally say to stop them.

 

                “Eyy, can’t you give us just a small hint hyung? Who is it? Do we know her?” says Jungshin.

 

                “—or maybe someone from your school?” Hyungsuk says as he pops in a mint candy in his mouth.

 

                I once again try to check on Seohyun’s reaction.

 

                “Seohyun-sshi, do you know who is it? Is it someone from your class?”

 

                Jungshin suddenly divert his questions towards Seohyun and that almost make my heart stops.

 

                Lee Jungshin, I am going to kill you!

 

                “Uhh—uhh I’m not really sure if the girl is from our class,” Seohyun answer back, stuttering a little.

 

                “Ah, that’s bad. If you know it, maybe you guys can go on a double date. You know, you with Jinwoon and Yonghwa with the girl,” Hyoyeon suddenly says with a smile.

 

                This time, its Jinwoon turn to choke on his drink.

 

                “Ah noona! Don’t make it hard on Seohyun, we’re haven't decide on anything yet,” Jinwoon says shyly.

 

                “Eyy Seohyun-sshi, you haven’t given him an answer yet?” Jungshin add sounding cunningly while Seohyun looking like a grilled prawn right now, with her face so red due to embarrassment.

 

                The teasing is not stopping.

                Oh my, this will be such a long night.

 

                                                                                ***********************

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

                I stare at the bathroom mirror as I hear the sound of laughters from outside. Trying to force myself to relax, I take deep breath a few times and exhale slowly.

 

                To be honest, I’m actually am quite surprised at how I've handled the situation just now. I thought I would be even more obvious and let them guess that the girl in Yonghwa confession is none other than me. So far, it seems like they haven’t figure it out just yet.

 

                Or is it because Yonghwa has so many girls around him that they won’t even consider me as a possibility? It’s not really impossible right? He must have a lot of fans out there who would be willing to be the ‘girl’.

                Omo Seo Joo Hyun, are you being jealous right now?

 

                I shake my head as I try to get those thoughts out of my mind. That is not important right now. I have a much bigger problem to deal tonight.

 

                How am I going to answer both of their confession?

                I really don’t want to hurt anyone feelings.

 

                Suddenly, my phone beeps to signal an incoming message.

 

                *INCOMING MESSAGE*

                Sender:  Jinwoonie

                Message: Seohyun ah, I’m going home first. You’re going back with Hyo noona right? See you later then. Btw, don’t feel too much pressure about the confession okay? No matter what your answer is, I will always be your best friend. Good night.

 

                I let out a heavy sigh as soon as I finished reading the message. For the hundredth time tonight, I ask myself.

 

                Seriously, what am I going to do?!

 


What do you think? I know all of you are dying to know who will be the lucky guy.

But seriously, if you were Seohyun, who would you pick? Team Yonghwa or Team Jinwoon? 

By the way, those guys are so mean right?

Pretending not to know what's going on when they all are having fun torturing the three of them.

Hahaha