Part Fourteen

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

[Yonghwa's POV]

 

                After Jonghyun managed to take Minhyuk along with that tall idiot away from us, I feel a lot more relaxed than before.

 

                But, the momentary awkwardness I felt earlier is now coming back and is getting even worst.

 

               Only the two of us that are left inside the bar and the silence starts to make it feel a little hard to act like I always do.

 

                She keeps on fumbling with the sling of her bag, probably feeling even more awkward than I am now.

 

                Think Jung Yonghwa.

                Say something.

 

                I clear my throat before I say, "So, I guess we should get started now."

               

                She nods a few times.

 

                That is your best idea, to start right away without even offering a drink?

                Way to go man.

 

                Unable to think of anything better, I take out a notebook and a pen from my bag and then start to show her how far I managed to get the draft done.

 

                "I only managed to explain the theory here, but when I arrive at this part, I didn't know what to add," I explain feeling a little bit proud by my little achievement.

 

                 I don't really do my assignments. So it's most likely a great thing for me to accomplish something like this especially since I haven't been attending the old man class for god knows how long.

 

                I wait for her to say something that would sound like praise but instead she say,

 

                "Your explanation on the theory is not very organised and thorough. I can see many loopholes on the examples you presented and it also seems a little like a high school rather than a university student standard."

 

                I literally dropped my jaw at her comment.

 

                Oh man, she sounds a lot like my uncle right now. No wonder she is the old man's favourite student

 

                "And also in this part, you failed to emphasize the difference between the two topics we are discussing," she adds then finally lift her head up, her face unlike what I expected, doesn't look like she is looking down on my draft.

 

                That sincere yet enthusiastic look on her face once again is inviting a big grin on my face but I try to suppress it so it won't be too obvious.

                This is Seohyun.

 

                She might misunderstand that I'm not taking this discussion seriously.

 

                To be honest, I myself would think like that. Jung Yonghwa definitely is not the type to study hard like this.

 

                Group discussion?

               

                Haha, I don’t even remember the last time I actually have one.

 

                It’s been like forever.

 

                 But today, surprisingly even to myself, I am actually taking this discussion quite seriously.

 

                Apart from the shocking fact that I am enjoying the discussion right now as much as I enjoy my band practice, I also didn’t want her and Jinwoon (err.. of course) to flunk the class because of me.  So, my focus is totally on the work for now.

                                                                ***************

                Almost two hours already passed, with Seohyun’s help my draft is miraculously about eighty five percent upon completion and I think the old man is going to experience a state of shock when he sees this.

 

                The boys haven’t come back yet so I’m sure Jonghyun is doing a pretty good job in keeping them away. Maybe they are at the practice studio hanging out with Hyungsuk.  

 

                 Hyungsuk is my childhood friend, and also the owner of the studio where we practice at. So now, the members has already become close with him especially Minhyuk.

 

                “Your friends are late,” suddenly Seohyun ask.

 

                I never thought she would be interested to ask something other than about the draft.

 

                For the past hours, all she kept saying was everything related to the draft.

 

                “I think they went to our practice studio. It’s about two blocks away from here.”

 

                Seohyun nod and that’s the end of the conversation.

 

                I thought so—she’s just trying to be polite.

                Or maybe she just wanted to get rid of the awkwardness.

 

                I continue to finish the draft as she keep helping me and correcting my mistakes here and there.

 

                For the first time, we are together without any bickering or fights. The silence in the bar except for the sound of her voice and mine talking occasionally, is making my heart feels so light and happy.

 

                What wouldn’t I do to be able to do this forever?

 

                 A few minutes passed and I lift my head once again, my eyes are looking straight towards her face. She is now busy reading something from the reference book and didn’t realize my stare.

 

                Her wavy hair falls perfectly between her shoulder and the crook of her neck, while she rest her chin on her hand as her head slightly tilt to one side. The same focused expression is still on her face.

 

                That look, I wish I can see it always.

 

                The thought of it makes my heart suddenly beats faster.

 

                I clear my throat a little as I try to focus back on the nearly done draft. But her face keeps flashing in my mind.

 

                Once again, I try to clear my throat, in the hope that it could help to reduce this nervousness.

 

                But little did I know, exactly at this moment something that started purely out of interest and curiosity has started to bloom into something else I never expected to feel.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

                I am not very sure if this is a dream or not, but for the first time, I can sit and talk with Yonghwa without any sign that we would bicker and fight like we always do.

 

                It’s been a little more than two hours, and the draft is finally done. I really don’t expect him to actually be serious about wanting to discuss about it. But he actually does, and he didn’t even say anything that is out of context of the discussion the whole time.

 

                It’s weird.

                Totally weird

 

                I might not know Yonghwa since forever, but from all these encounters since the past few days, I’m pretty sure he is not the type to do things like this.

 

                If he did the draft halfway and want to take a break, that is something I would expect.

 

                If he did the draft halfway and then give it up because it’s too hard, that is also something I would expect.

 

                Even if he says something like wanting me to do it for him, I wouldn’t be as surprised as I am now.

 

                When I first read the first part of the draft which he had done beforehand, to be honest, I was quite impressed.

 

                Like I said, it was sloppy and unfocused. It has loopholes and the writing style need to be improved so it would look like a draft written by a university student instead of high school student, but based on his initial work, he don’t seems like the type who would get under thirty marks in test.

 

                The writings might not be perfect, but the delivery of idea is quite good, and from what I see,  the rough draft that he did actually as good as the students who got 50 to 60 marks during the test last time. If only he would practice a little more, I’m pretty sure that he could be among the students with highest marks.

 

                Unknowingly, I actually get to see another side of him that I never expect to exist.

 

                I start to pack my things since the discussion is over.

 

                Just like when his band members first left, a sudden awkwardness that I never noticed before today, begin to envelope us again.

 

                I rather have him pick a fight rather than be so quite like this.

 

                This awkwardness is actually chocking me from inside.

 

                That is why about halfway during the discussion, I tried to ask him about his band mates in the hope that the conversation will then fall smoothly into places.  

 

                But luck is again conspiring against me. We ended up getting the job done in seriousness.

 

                Don’t get me wrong, I never have any problem with seriousness before.

 

                Jinwoon once said that ‘Serious’ is my middle name.

 

                He would joke around and calling my name ‘Seo Serious Hyun’ every time I get too serious with things.

 

                But today, I actually broke my record.

 

                The too serious environment makes me feels too aware of his every movement and it makes me feels weird.

 

                “Thanks for helping me.”

 

                He finally utters some words.

 

                I can feel his gaze touching my face, and my heart skips a beat.

 

                I have a feeling that he’s been looking at me with interest for the past hours.

 

                For example, when I was reading the reference book just now while I wait for him to finish writing up the draft, he suddenly lifts his head and stares at me for quite a long time.

 

                He probably didn’t notice it. But, it took all my will power to pretend not to notice his gaze and profusely hoping that the burning on my skin won’t show in my face.

 

                “Well no problem,” I say.

 

                Tick tock tick tock

 

                I hear the ticking of the clock instead as he keep his silence.

 

                “I think I should go now. See you during the next class,” I bow as I quickly stand up from my seat. The silence between us now is too much for me to handle and I also have this foreign feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me unable to think straight.

 

                When I step out of the chair and was turning my body towards the direction of the bar entrance, suddenly, I felt a strong grip on my hand.

 

                “Don’t go,” he says.

 

                I turn to face him, half shocked and half curious. But at the same time, those two words seem so powerful, but I can’t find a way to describe its actual meaning.

 

                He then stands up to face me, and our eyes locked on each other.

 

                Still perplexed at the situation we are in now my brain is working hard to process it while my heart starts to race as I feel his hand still gripping mine.

 

                I can’t explain it at all.

 

                I never have one of this moment when I’m around Jinwoon nor around anyone else.

 

                “Yong—” I try to call out his name, but my voice creaked after I called out the first syllable.

 

                “Yong ? I think I like it—,” he stops as he steps in to close the distance between us the he continues, “Hyun.”

 

                I feel like my pulse is going to stop beating any moment soon due to this current racing in my heart.

 

                I want to get away, but at the same time, I almost wish that the time would stop.

 

                This foreign yet wonderful feeling is making me breathless.

 

                “Seo Joo Hyun, you are one intriguing lady. Do you know that?”

 

                I blink a few times trying to understand the meaning behind those words.

 

                His face now is so near with mine, I almost sure that he would be able to hear my crazy heartbeats.

 

                Is he going to kiss me?

 

                But why?

                But the situation we are in now is almost similar to those romance novels I read.

 

                The thought of those romance novels makes me feel a lot more nervous.

 

                Oh god, he really is going to kiss me.

 

                Should I let him?

                But why, I don’t even know if I like him?

                But then, why is he suddenly acting like this?

 

                What should I do?

                Ah, I wish I could ask Hyoyeon unnie now.

 

                As I busy deciphering the situation we are both in, suddenly I feel a soft touch on my lips.

 

                I freeze for a second before I get to think straight again.

 

                He is kissing me.

                The Idiot King is kissing me.

 

                Jung Yonghwa is kissing me!

 

                It feels like forever, and his lips are still planted on mine. The kiss is so soft, I don’t know why, but it makes my heart ache.

 

                After a moment that feels like forever, he finally let go.

 

                Unable to react, I stand there in silence. All I can think about is the kiss we just shared, and it keeps playing over and over again in my mind.

 


Hello my lovely readers ^^

So what do you think of this chapter?

Does 'Seo Serious Hyun' suits Seohyun? 

(yes, pun intended ;p)

 

As for the kiss scene

Did you guys gets butterflies in the stomach while reading it?

No? *i knew it*

Errrrmmmm....

I know, I at writing intimate scene TT

I'll try to write well next time (>3<)v

 

Till then~~~ annyeong!