Part Twenty

Miss Straight A's VS Mr.(Not So) Perfect

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

                Oh my god, what is going on right now?

                Please god, please let it just be a dream.

 

                I stand on the stage with my shaking legs, facing the cheering crowds while my mind busy processing the situation I am experiencing right now.

 

                Five minutes ago, I won’t even have the slightest idea that this could happen to me. Oh no, that is such an understatement. Even right now, my brain is unable to accept it. This couldn’t be happening, it’s not even possible.

 

                “Thank you! Thank you very much!”

 

                Jinwoon’s voice greeting the audiences brings me back to reality.

 

                Oh no, Seo Joo Hyun—you’re not dreaming 

 

                I draw my attention to the bouquet of roses in my hand.

                It finally hit me.

 

                Jinwoon just confessed to me using his song, in front of these people.

 

********************

                Jinwoon take my hand as he leads me away from the stage and towards the backstage. The crowds are still cheering heavily from his little confession just now.

 

                “Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!”

 

                I feel a rush of panic all over my body as my body registers the meaning of those chants.

                Jinwoon just waves back at them as we keep descending the stairs.

 

                “Wow that was a little overwhelming isn’t it?” Jinwoon says as we reach the backstage.

 

                “Uh—uh what? Oh yes, it is.”

                I stutter a little as I try not to meet Jinwoon eyes.

 

                This is awkward.

 

                We stayed silent as the awkwardness of the moment becomes even more suffocating for us— or me to be exact.

 

                “Seohyun ah,” Jinwoon says, breaking the silence.

 

                I lift my head a little so that I could look at my best friend eyes. This situation might be a little too sudden and unexpected, but I think I should give Jinwoon a chance to explain.

 

                “Do you remember when I told you that I have a secret to tell you if you beat me in the exam?” Jinwoon says while looking at me seriously. It’s rare for me to see him like this and somehow, those look that he is having in his eyes right now really makes me a little nervous.

 

                “I planned to follow our promise and only tell you about my feelings when the promise is fulfilled but I really can’t wait anymore —I really love you,” Jinwoon says.

 

                Wa— wait

                Did I just heard that wrong or—did he just say I love you as in I LOVE YOU??

                Breath in, breath out, relax Seo Joo Hyun there must be a rational reasoning behind this sudden madness.

 

                Jinwoon loves me?

                I mean, well, I love him too. He is my bestfriend!

 

                The song I heard earlier was shocking enough but I still can manage that since it’s possible that Jinwoon wrote that song for our friendship.

 

                Does he mean it in a romantic way?

                B—but , I’m not ready for this! I just had my first kiss with Yonghwa not too long ago and I am still confused about it! I can’t—

 

                As if the heaven is playing a joke on me tonight, suddenly I see Yonghwa standing behind Jinwoon, looking like he is reading to kill someone using the guitar in his hand.

 

                Crap

                No—no way, I can’t deal with both of them at the same time like this.

                Somebody kill me please

 

[Jungshin’s POV]

 

                Uh—uh this is bad!

 

                I stare at Yonghwa’s hyung back that is currently emitting a murderous aura—something I’ve never seen coming from him before tonight.

 

                Oh god, why does this have to happen right before our performance turn? It’s bad enough that Yonghwa hyung has been acting extremely weird these days, and now this?

 

                Do you really have to make your confession as grand as that loverboy?

                The song we heard just now is not enough already?

                Now you have to re-confess all over again? And worst—in front of Yonghwa hyung?

 

                Glancing at the guy who is now talking to Seohyun, I could see that he is not that bad looking. In fact, even as a guy, I could see that this ‘loverboy’ is quite cute.

 

                “Yonghwa-sshi,” Seohyun says, greeting Yonghwa hyung who is still looking like he is going to blow up soon.

                “Ahh hyung! Your turn is next right? Good luck!” loverboy greets.

 

                Is this guy is just plain stupid or did he just trying to test hyung’s patient? Can’t he see the wrath in hyung’s eyes?

 

                “Oh Jinwoon thank you for the thought, your performance was not bad after all, good music with strong impact,” Yonghwa hyung returns the greeting with a stoic face.

 

                But I know him better that that, in this moment, I’m pretty sure that I would take a strong will for Yonghwa hyung to restrain his urge to punch Jinwoon.

 

                Seriously, jealousy is such a scary thing.

                And he still dares to pretend to us he doesn’t like Seohyun?

                This hyung is funny…

 

                I turn my head to the right and exchange glances with Jonghyun hyung and Minhyuk. They both just shake their head slightly indicating that we shouldn’t meddle with this if we want to live beyond tonight.

 

                All I can do is to take a deep breath and agree with them— after all, this kind of thing will surely help our plan for tonight. Although I doubt if it would still work out, I don’t think Yonghwa hyung will just agree to it. Who am I kidding? If I am him, I would want to be alone for now.

 

[Yonghwa’s POV]

 

                “—and now, for the next band! Let us welcome, the CN Blue!”

 

                I step onto the stage as I try so hard to focus on our performance tonight.

 

                Take it easy Jung Yonghwa. There is absolutely no reason for you to have a foul mood like this. We’ve been practicing so hard and I won’t forgive you if you blow up our chance.

 

                I keep chanting those words in my mind as my hand busy setting up my guitar for the last time. Somehow, the scene where Jinwoon suddenly take Seohyun to the stage as he sang the confession song earlier keeps on bugging my mind.

                 Seeing Seohyun face flushed with a tint of pink when I see them at the backstage makes me even more restless and

                 – And possessive.

 

                With that realization, finally it hit me.

 

                That’s it, I get it.

                I’ve fallen in love with Seo Joo Hyun.

                And there is no way I would let Jinwoon win her over.

 

                I could feel something take over me as I take a deep breath one last time before I reach for the microphone.

 

                Determination

 

                Yes, from now on, it’s a full fledge war.

 

                “This is our latest song, I hope you guys will enjoy it— and this song too is dedicated to a girl who has stolen my heart, just like how she stole my seat” I say in a smirk.

 

 

 

 

 

Tell me Tell me Tell me love Tell me Tell me Give me your love
Love me Love me Come into my arms Kiss me Kiss me I will only love you

I act like a fool when you smile, When I look at you, you are like a pretty doll
My heart goes thump thump, Because of you my day is better

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love My heart starts to thump when I look at you, I will always have you in my heart

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

Tell you Tell you I will tell you love Tell you Tell you I will confess my love
Love you Love you Hold my hand Kiss you Kiss you I love you forever

Like the music I play for you, Like the sweet whistle I play for you
1 minute 1 second becomes even more special, I want to listen to you every day, I love you

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole love changes
Oh my love My small heart that drew you, I will always hug you until the end of time

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

I want you oh my love Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love My heart starts to thump when I look at you, I will always have you in my heart

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take Take Take my hands
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Uh uh Grab Grab Grab my hands
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yeah yeah Yes, we can fly to the sky high high
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take Take Take my hands baby you (you) know What I want u
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Can you hear the thumping sound of my heart beat can u feel my beat
(L.O.V.E BOY) Take Take Take my hands baby you (you) know what I want u
(L.O.V.E BOY) I can’t exist without you, You make me laugh you make me laugh
L.O.V.E GIRL

 

                And for the first time in a few days, I feel so alive.

                Seo Joo Hyun, I’m going to make you fell in love with me.

                And that is a promise.

 

***********************

[Hyoyeon POV]

 

                I wait for Hyungsuk near the ladies room area as soon as Yonghwa’s band finishes their song for tonight. An emergency meeting is needed A.S.A.P since tonight has turn out to be the most bizarre night ever.

 

                Seo Joo Hyun, you’re so lucky to get two confessions in just once night.

                Or to be precise, in just one hour.

 

                Dear God, why does the world have to be this cruel? Can’t you see the ‘Single &Available’ sign that I’ve been hanging on my neck for a while now? I want to have a boyfriend too! Or at least, let me experience such a romantic confession like that once.

 

                Seohyun had two! Although I’m not sure if she actually realized that the first song Yonghwa sang earlier is directed to her. Cheeky guy, he actually has written a song for Seohyun? When all of his band mates worry like crazy to even plan a way for him to realize that he likes Seohyun?

 

                “Hyoyeon-sshi,” a familiar voice calls out for me.

                I turn around to see Hyungsuk coming towards me.

 

                Not bad

                I thought as I check on his style for tonight.

 

                If only he is not such a jerk. He’ll be such a perfect boyfriend material.

                Urgh— Kim Hyoyeon, are you out of your mind? Hyungsuk? No way!

 

                “So, what are we going to do now?” Hyungsuk says.

 

                “I don’t know. Should we just cancel it? I mean, the whole plan was to make Yonghwa realize that he needs to act if he really like Seohyun, but judging from what happens just now there is no need for us to proceed right?”

 

                “You’re right. Maybe the boys were overreacting— Yonghwa seems to be perfectly fine in confessing just now. Well, I can’t deny it if the first confession pull the trigger in his heart, jealousy is indeed a scary factor. By the way, that was one hell of a confession, so, who is the first guy?” Hyungsuk ask.

 

                “He is Jinwoon, Seohyun childhood friend and also her best friend. I always knew that Jinwoon is very close Seohyun, but since he never seem to be doing anything that indicates him pursuing Seohyun, I assumed that he just like her as a very close friend, and it turns out that I’m wrong” I say.

 

                “To be honest, this situation is not bad at all, for a man, rivalry is a great motivation as their pride is also at stake” Hyungsuk says.

 

                “Yeah, you’re probably right. Having Jinwoon confessing like this might be of the same reason. Maybe he too feels a little threatened by Yonghwa’s presence. Oh my, now I would have a really hard time in choosing side. Both guys are very nice and reliable, I guess I only have to believe in our Seohyun to make the right choice,” I say as I let out a small sigh.

 

                “But, we can still go and celebrate after this. After all, the bar is already close and available.  It’s such a waste if we didn’t use it,” I add.

 

                Hyungsuk let out a small chuckle as he says, “Yeah that is a good idea too, we’ll see how it turns out later. Who knows if we can still continue the plan? Although I know that all you want is some free drink. Then, we’ll meet again at the entrance just like planned,” Hyungsuk says as he turns around and leaves me standing alone in the corridor.

 

                And all I could do is to stop myself from kicking him right in the .

 

                Oh gosh, I can’t understand why I agreed to be involved with him again when I already know how much a jerk he could be.


 

New update!

I hope you like it. Stay tuned for more :)