The Lion's Other Side

Catching His Cold Heart ~ Project

Author's P.O.V  :

(In front of Hyerin's house)

After walking slowly, both of them finally reached Hyerin's house. When Hyerin was about to move, Leo grips her shoulder then stares at her with worried expression. Hyerin seems to understand, she quickly says, " Ah, nobody's home. My father works until midnight, my mother....had passed away." Leo looks a little surprised after hearing that her mother is gone. Hyerin then smiles, "It's okay, I'mnot really upset about that anymore. I can move on now."

With that, they enter her house. Hyerin leads Leo into a couch then rushes to her bedroom, searching for first aid kit. While waiting, Leo observes the house. It has nice furniture, cozy atmosphere and....? Leo seems to be interested in the photo frames hanging on the wall. Holding his bleeding hand, he stands up and approaches it. From the photo, he sees small Hyerin, Hyerin with her friends, and her family photo. He feels bad after knowing Hyerin's family members only she, her father and mother.

Does she feel lonely after being left by her mother? The question wonders on Leo's mind.

"Fiuh, I finally found th- Taek Woon-sshi?" Hyerin shows up, holding the first aid kit. Leo, who's back into the world again, turns around and passes Hyerin to seat on the coach again.

"I don't do anything." He answers with poker face.

"Liar, I saw you over there." Hyerin points the photo frames.

"I'm innocent." Leo insisted. Hyerin just stares at him with doubtful expression then sighs, " Okay, you are innocent. Now, show me your hand." She seats beside Leo then takes his hand and treats him.

"Done!" Hyerin exclaims. Leo stares at his now-bandaged-hand and nods. "No need to thank me, afterall it's because of me, you sacrified your hand right? I am the one who should thank you." She stands up and bows, " Kamsahamnida, Taek Woon-sshi!".

"Leo."

"Mworago?"

"Call me Leo."

"Ah..okay then. Leo oppa?" Hyerin tilts her head to her left side with confused look. Leo buries his head then chuckles.

"Ya ya yah! That's not funny! Waaaaaaaaait a minute, are you laughing?"

"Huh?" Leo lifts his head with a slight of smile.

"You ARE laughing!" Leo realized it then puts his poker face back.

"Buh..No fun...." Hyerin pouts. "Anyway, it's getting late now. When will you go home?" Leo who tries to ignore Hyerin (still embarrassed about what just happened earlier) lost his coolness, "?" Hyerin points the clock, it's 19:15 already.

"Now." He stands up and walks to the door. 

"Oh okay....See ya!"

*BLAM*

"Well, that was fun...Now, I'm lonely again...." Hyerin sighs then goes to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

***

Hyerin's P.O.V :

(The next morning)

I yawn over and over on my way to school. Man, yesterday was a tiring day...

"Hyeriiiniiieeeeeeeee!" I was like 'huh' before bumping into someone and successfully landed on the floor.

"What the hell, Jihyo?!" I grunt as I stand up.

"Mian, I don't mean it." She smiles like a zebra.

"Now, my really hurts...." I let out a fake whimper with fake tears as well.

"Aaaaa I really don't mean it!!!!" She bows repeatedly to me.

Satisfied with her apologies, I ask her, "Besides, what's so hurry?"

"Did you hear the newest gossip?" Her gossip girl personality strikes again.

"No, why?"

"Well, it was quite surprising and unexpected." She puts her hand on her chin.

"What what what?! Just tell me."

"Okay okay, Park sseonsaengnim is getting married!"

I stare at her with what-the- expression then leave.

"Hey! I haven't finish yet!"

"I don't want to know anything!" I hiss as I walk to school.

"Oh yeah, about Le-" Click. I go back few steps. "Continue."

Jihyo shrugs then continues her sentence, "I heard that yesterday Leo's walking home with a girl."

*DUG*

I swear I just had a heart attack after hearing that. "How did you know?" Time to investigate her, I think.

"Our school has a website for the students. From that website, we'll know the newest gossips and information about our school, the students, teach-" I covered Jihyo's mouth, "Wait, did you just say website?" She nods.

"Can you tell me the address?"

"Sure thing." After she gives me the address, the school's bell rings.

"Oh shoot, we gotta go."

***