Chapter Seventeen

Can We?Can We Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SULLI POV

September 2007

I met Doctor Lee Jong Hyun during my second year at Hanyang University.I took up Accountancy while Minho took up Achitecture course.At around mid September Krystal was rushed to the hospital due to appendicitis, Lee Jong Hyun at that time is a medical student when our path first cross.He was completely smitten by my charm and beauty that he asked for my number the day I visited Krystal at the hospital. We became friends, he was a nice considerate handsome guy. Then one day he confessed his feelings for me.

"Sulli, i like you a lot....please be my girlfriend"

I was caught off guard, I didn't know what to say. Of course I find him attractive and we get along pretty well but I just don't see myself going out with him as his girlfriend.At first i thought that my hesitation is due to my last relationship with Siwon, whom i found out as gay, then Minho's name keeps on popping into my mind. I tried to denied the growing feelings that I'm having for my bestfriend Minho so I decided to accept his proposal.

We did go out for a span of two months then I decided to pulled out the plug. Just like a gentleman that he is, he accepted the break up lightly and promise to remain a good friend to me. Everytime we bumped into each other we smiled and nod.

 

"Where are you going?" I ask Minho one afternoon. We were at Incheon spending the weekend together.I follow him to the garage.

"I'm going to take pictures of this house and make a report" he said and gave me a picture. It's an old lodge house."My professor, upon learning that I'm from Incheon wanted me to make a report on that house, he said that house was built in the 1900's, it is one of the oldest house here in Incheon."

"Do you know where it is located?"

He nod. "I already made my research, it is located somewhere on the out skirt of this town, it would probably take a two hour drive from here"

"Can I come with you? i really wanted to see that house too...seems interesting"

He gave a resignation sighed. "All right but don't make any trouble ok, will just gonna take pictures of the house then will go home right away" he said then walk towards the car.

"Seriously Minho, are we gonna ride to that car!" i said while looking at the car.It was a 1974 toyota sr car in faded orange.

"Why? do you have a problem with this car?my father took the SUV out so I have no choice but to use his old car,c'mon let's go"Minho said then goes inside I follow him feeling unsure about the car.

I'm starting to feel fidgety and uneasy, we are travelling for almost three hours now but we haven't found out the said house yet, what makes matters worst is that the place we are travelling is spooky and creepy. There is no house at sight, tall trees and bushes are everywhere and were travelling at a dirt road. I check  my cellphone.

"Geez, there is no signal in here!" I mutter

I look at Minho and I can sense that he is also starting to feel uneasy.

"Are we lost? we are far away from the city now, I'm starting to feel nervous" I said.

After another one hour of travelling in the dirt road we finally reach our destination.We both get out of the car

"Wow it sure looks old huh! who in his sane mind would build a house in the middle of a creepy forest" I said while roaming my eyes into the house. It was made of heavy timbers and has a large windows.I cling my arm into Minho's arm as we are walking towards the house. There are many tall trees around and I saw some raven birds flying back and forth. My morbid thoughts started to built up, fear crept inside me. I touch Minho's arm tightly.

"Ya Minho, what if there is a ghost here?or a man with a chainsaw suddenly burst into the door and killed us?or a wild boar suddenly appear in the bushes?or big foot who wanted to kill us for his dinner later"I said in a nervous tone.

He tap my head lightly. "Ya Choi Sulli, stop being paranoid!" he said then started to take pictures of the house with his digicam. I stick with him like a glue.

Minho tried to open the maindoor but it was locked.After thirty minutes of picture taking we decided to go back to the car.I was so busy turning my head to the tall trees around me that I did not notice a pond of mud, I tumble and fall while screaming.

"Sulli!" Minho said and rush towards me. My whole body and face is covered with mud.

He reach his arms  to pull me but my silly mind started to play tricks again.I held his hand tightly and pulled him into the mud.

"What the---"he said then look at me angrily. I burst into laughter."God dammit!I hate you Choi Jinri!" he shouted, his whole body and face is also dreanched by mud.

He stand up and did not even bother to help me, i follow him while still laughing.He turn around to face me, his eyes in blazing fury.

"I can't believe you still have the nerve to laugh!look at us!we are covered with mud, how are  we suppose to go home right now looking like this!"he scolded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter