My Friend

BitterSweet Tale

 

                It was still lunch and I’m still at the rooftop with Sang-in. Though it was quiet, I could feel the calm atmosphere between us. I took a peek at her and then giggled with a huge smile on my face as I turned to look back at the scenery.

 

                I giggled, “Seriously? Does being my friend matter to you that much?” I heard Sang-in as so I turned to look at her and she was still looking up ahead.

 

                I pursed my lips and nodded briskly without hesitation, “Why?” She asked again and now I could feel her look at me.

 

                “Because you would be my first friend ever.” I faced her and flashed a huge smile at her making her look surprised.

 

                “Why?”

 

                “Could you stop asking why?” I pouted playfully and laughed after.

 

                “But why? Why me of all people?” She titled her head to the side making her look cute; which made me giddy and reach out to pinch her cheeks, “Woah, Kyeopta!~” She swatted my hands away and glared at me making me sheepishly laugh and look down from the rooftop and tried playing with the railing by leaning to it.

 

                I guess she’s still waiting for my answer so I looked at her while still trying to balance my body on the railing with my legs lifted up, “I always wanted a friend who’s opposite to my personality, and… mostly because I know there won’t be any other friend that you’d have besides me… and people like you are true, not some people.” I smiled at her.

 

                I saw her surprised again; I guess she wasn’t expecting that. But it’s true, someone like her deserves a friend, and I know people like her have trust issue and if they’d be your friend they’ll remain true. She was still staring at me.

 

                Soon she looked away and chuckled quietly, “Unbelievable. You surprise me everyday. 1st you’d follow me everywhere… People wouldn’t get close to me like you would. 2nd even I’m rude to you… you’d still stick to me. 3rd you have one weird personality.” She chuckled even more which I just stare with pure joy and satisfaction.

 

                “You look great when you smile.” I said making her stop and glared at me.

 

                Then it went silent again, but not an awkward one. Just a small pause, but I was fighting back the urge to ask her about her mom back there so I just kept quiet. I think it’s still too early for opening up, right? ‘Right, I’ll just wait until she’s fully comfortable with me.’

 

                “I’m the youngest daughter in my family…” She started talking making me look at her with confused and surprised expression.

 

                “My mom had always favored my two older sisters because they always do what my mom tells them to do; when she said take up Business Management course… they did. So after that, they’ve entirely finished college and successful businesswomen…” I was slowly realizing the situation she’s in now.

 

                “So… your mom’s expecting you to take up Business Management too?” I asked carefully looking at her and she sighed and hung her head low. ‘I guess that’s a yes?’

 

                “Yes, she’s really against with me entering a Performing Arts school, but I love performing. She came today to talk to my dad about making me go to a prestigious high school so when I graduate I’ll easily go to a very good collage to enter BM.” She sighed again and then ruffled her hair with frustration.

 

                “But you refused that’s why she did that,” I stated and she nodded.

 

                “Parents should support their children’s dream no matter what, and accept it even though it’s against their will.” I muttered.

 

                I heard her sigh for the nth time, “Tell that to my mother.”

 

                “But is your dad against it too?”

 

                “No, he’s totally okay with me being here and with my dream being an idol.” She pursed her lips and sighed.

 

                I bit my lips and looked down and clicked my tongue. Soon enough the school bell rang making me turn to Sang-in, “I think we should go.”

 

                “Whatever,” With that she head towards the door first while I followed behind.

 

                As Sang-in walked up ahead I was trailing behind her while keeping my head hung low. I didn’t see her stop so I bumped into her back and faced her wit ha confused look, “You’re my friend right? Walk beside me not behind me.” She simply said making me look at her with wide eyes and smiled after and happily skipped towards her side.

 

                “Kaja?” I asked her, and she nodded and so we started walking beside her.

 

                As we walked side by side with me smiling hugely while she had a blank face; take note blank not an irritated one, not an annoyed one but just a blank one so I guess it’s better than having her glaring and being irritated.

 

                People started to notice this and gawked at Sang-in and then at me and started whispering loudly making me hear it and I know Sang-in could hear it as well;

 

                “Are they friends now?”

                “She’s just totally kissing-up to Sang-in, so she’d get a royal treatment here too.”

                “The newbie has some guts to come up to the Ice Queen. She’s just faking it, I know it.”

 

                I was okay with them talking bad about me and all but there was a comment that made me stop on my track and look at the girl who said that;

                “How could she stand Ice Queen’s attitude, like there’s nothing likeable about her. It’s just a waste of time to be in a presence of a good for nothing rude .”

 

                Those words really made me angry and walk back a few steps to face the girl who just trash talked Sang-in. The girl just looked at me with huge eyes and gulped seeing my really serious expression.

 

                “What did you say about Sang-in?” I hissed making the girl glare back at me and raised an eyebrow.

 

                “Seul Tae, come on…” I hear Sang-in but I didn’t budge.

 

                “What? That Good-for-nothing rude b”—

 

                I didn’t let her finish when my hands slipped to slap her across the face, the girl looked at me with pure shock and mouth gaped open as she held her cheek, “Did.you.just.slap.me?” one by one the words she released had pure anger in them.

 

                I gulped suddenly become scared as she stared at me but I maintained my stance and smirked at her, “Didn’t catch that? Would you like me to repeat it, with slower and harder effect?”

 

                She took my bluff and stood straight acting sophisticated having her chin held high, “No thank you.” With that it left me a huge victorious smile as she fled away.

 

                I turned to look at Sang-in with a chagrin smile, while she on the other hand was staring at me with a bewildered expression, “No one messes with my Best Friend!” I held a thumb up at her while winking.

 

                She turned the other way and laughed, “You’re one weird girl.”

 

 

                The time went by and it was already the end of classes. I quickly gathered my things and faced Sang-in with a smile. I was having a battle in my mind if I was being to clingy or creepy, making me think that Sang-in might get annoyed with me.

 

                So I stood straight and just stared up front with a blank expression, when she finally went to me, she looked at me like I was an alien. “What’s your problem?”

 

                I didn’t look at her and just remained blank, “I was thinking you might get creep out if I always stare and smile at you.” I said in a serious tone.

 

                Not long enough I heard a laugh and quickly look at her, she was covering with her hand and looked at me still laughing. “Well you look creepy that way.”

 

                I was only the two of us left in the room so she was free to laugh with no one seeing her. “You’re going home now?”

 

                She sighed and looked out the window, “I don’t want to go home and see my mom.” I pouted and tried to think of something to say.

 

                Just then I saw Myungsoo by the door looking at me and it made me smile and excitedly turn to Sang-in, which she returned a confused expression. “What?”

 

                “Then let’s go to my house? Huh? Huh?” I jumped a bit while fighting back a huge smile. She chuckled as she looked at me, and then shook her head and faintly smiled at me.

 

                “Sure, what the heck.”

 

================================================================================

HALLO~ HALLO!

I updated see?

It's been like, what a life time?

HAHAHA xD

 

MIANHAEYO~! T3T

you, COMMENT okay?

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~

and UPVOTE too! :D

 

LOVE LOTS,

CIAO for NOW!