A Little Closer

BitterSweet Tale

 

                 That night when I got home, I felt sore all over my body because of the labor I had to bare today. Even though I found out that Myungsoo and I go to the same school again, which he would always do during end of classes is fetching me and we would ride together but he didn’t, I didn’t even see him after that little ‘walk out’ he did during my duty at the lounge.

 

                 The next day came by quickly and I was already at school. I was doing my usual routine, asking Sang-in to be my friend and like always a deadpan reject but it didn’t stop me. I looked alike a dog following her around to other peoples eyes, but I didn’t care. All in my mind was to get her to be my 1st friend.

 

                 It was our homeroom and I was just sitting on my chair and I turned my body to the back so I could see her and kept on talking to her. She was giving those lethal stares but I didn’t stop blabbering things. But what she did next was slightly expected and unexpected.

 

                 She slammed both of her palms on her desk and roughly stood up pushing her chair to the back with her legs and looked at me straight in the eyes with hatred and annoyance in them making me flinch back and looked scared.

 

                 The room fell silent and looked at her and then at me, they just continued shifting their gaze at me to her and back wondering what’s happening between us. Even the teacher stopped and looked at us.

 

                 “Shut the up! Can’t you take a hint that I don’t want to be your friend anytime soon. Read my lips I.DON’T.LIKE.YOU. AND I.DON’T.ING.NEED.YOU.AS.MY.FRIEND. Got that?” With that she took her things and stormed out of the room with a very angered face on.

 

                 I was frozen at my place and I was still in the same position as before facing her desk. I blinked rapidly trying to make myself respond and snap back to my senses. I finally manage to move and looked around, I saw people snickering and looking at me.

 

                 I hung my head down, pursing my lips together as I furrowed my brows together. I gulped and peeked at the seat beside me. Sungjong wasn’t present because his group had a schedule or something.

 

                 I had no one right now, I peeked at the back and saw Sehun looking at me with his blank face and then turn his head to the front again. My heart sank at that but I was even more bothered that Sang-in snapped at me.

 

                 I finally realized I was already crying when I saw droplets on my desk. I sniffed and closed my eyes still pursing my lips.

 

                 ‘I guess I was wrong thinking she would be my friend. I was too into my fantasy to think someone would want me to be her friend.’

 

                 I felt a piece of cloth on my desk and saw a familiar yellow handkerchief from before. I quickly looked up front as saw Youngmin looking at me and gave me a tight smile and turned back to face up front.

 

                 I took it and wiped my tears away while looking out the window to avoid people’s intense stares at me.

 

                 I unconsciously smiled thinking that Youngmin is starting to warm up to me even though we started off in a wrong foot. I could say that we don’t acknowledge ourselves as friends yet but on the process of being one. I think.

 

                 Then I suddenly heard one girl whisper to her seatmate that seemed loud enough for me to hear.

 

                 “I can’t believe she tried befriending the Ice Queen.” She said with full of mock and scorn.

 

                 “Ice Queen?” I muttered under my breath and shook my head.

 

                 It was already lunch and I wanted to be alone so I went to the garden to be alone. I peacefully eat my lunch and I suddenly thought of someone. I put my lunch down and looked around, to see if Sehun would be here.

 

                 “Looking for me?” I heard a voice from behind making me jump.

 

                 My heart skipped a beat as I looked at Sehun and I was even more startled when he sat next to me but mind you that we still have great distance though. I gawked at him as he just sat down and read a book.

 

                 “Uh,” I cleared my throat and thought of something to say but nothing came up.

 

                 “I thought you wanted some company seeing how you looked like crap back in class before.” He simply stated with a flat voice.

 

                 I pouted at his words but just kept quiet and tried eating again; I was upset so I eat.

 

                 “To tell you honestly, Choi Sang-in is the youngest daughter of the School Director.” He leaned back but didn’t take off his eyes from the book.

 

                 “So?” ‘Wait she’s the daughter of the school director?’

 

                 “So, you really won’t get anything in return because Sang-in thinks that every student here thinks they only befriend her to boost their status in school and their ranks as well.”

 

                 “Really? I didn’t even know she was the Director’s daughter in the first place.” I eyed him carefully, memorizing his side features because this might be the last time I would get to see him up close.

 

                 He just shrugged and I could see him roll his eyes and then he closed his book and looked at me with a blank expression which startled me a bit making me blush and look away.

 

                 He stood up and stayed like that for a couple of moments before speaking, “Don’t cry, you look ugly when you cry.” With that he walked away from me.

 

                 I looked at his disappearing figure and suddenly a smile crept out of my smiles.

 

                 Since I still had a lot of time before lunch ends so I decided to walk around the campus familiars myself with it because I haven’t actually seen all the facilities in the campus.

 

                 I was near the Administrator’s Office and from inside through the glass I saw Sang-in, making me stop and look at her, she had that same irritated face on and then suddenly I saw someone came out from some door inside the office and talked to her.

 

                 “Her mom probably?” I muttered to myself.

 

                 I watched her talk to her mother and then suddenly she screamed with annoyance and I read her lips saying ‘UMMA!’ so I guessed right, it’s her mom. But then I saw her mom slapped her hard across the face as I saw her shocked face.

 

                 I saw that she was going out from the office so I quickly scrambled away to hide somewhere at the corner and continued watching her, I saw her exit the office and walked to the opposite direction to where I was hiding but I caught a glimpse of a crystal fluid running down her cheeks.

 

                 I looked shocked and I didn’t think twice to follow after her. As I followed her I realized she was going up, up to the rooftop. I manage to get out to the roof without her noticing.

 

                 I saw her back as she leaned at the railing; I guess she’s still crying.

 

                 I slowly went towards her, but stopped. I gulped and thought ‘What if she snaps at me again or maybe this time hit me to vent her anger out.’

 

                 I decided to leave and tried turning around but… my body won’t let me and I continued looking at the back of the crying girl. I cringed when I felt my feet walking towards her. I was nervous but there was no way I could turn back now.

 

                 “Uh…” I started.

 

                 I saw her stiffened and then slowly turned to face me, she looked surprised to see me but then glared after, “What are you doing here?” She asked rather rudely.

 

                 I went to her side, “I don’t know I saw you come up here. I followed.” I simply answered.

 

                 I looked at her with concern but hers were hostile and scary, “Leave.NOW.”

 

                 “Nope… I want to stay here.” I smile at her which made her look at me weirdly.

 

                 I stared up ahead to see the view of the whole campus and pursed my lips, “Does it still hurt?”

 

                 She gulped and looked straight ahead too, “You saw?”

 

                 “Hmm.”

 

                 “What you gonna pity me now?”

 

                 “Nope, I’ll just be here until we become friend.” I smiled.

 

                 “Why?”

 

                 “I don’t know… I just want you to be my friend.”

 

                 “You’re unbelievable, even though I snapped at you, you still clung to me?” She stifled a laugh.

 

                 I giggled inwardly hearing her laugh, “Yes, I made you laugh.”

 

                 “Whatever.”

 

                 The atmosphere changed from intense to a calm one. I could feel the comfortable atmosphere emitting from Sang-in as I stood beside her. Even though we haven’t had a real conversation and I know we have great difference on personalities, I think we could pull off this friendship thing. I know it’s not just me, but I know she accepted my friendship now.

 

                 ‘Finally a friend’ I peeked at her from the corner of my eyes and I saw Sang-in’s relaxed and calm face.

=====================================================================================

Double update to make up for everything?

you, Please comment?

What do you think of this chapter? Is it okay?

I've been neglecting this story for so long,

I don't know what was on my mind that was supposed to come next with this chapter.

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~! ♥