Do you remember me?

A second chance

It has been 3 days.

Nicole had spent the 3 days well, though the cold weather and occasion snow did pissed her off for awhile but that didn’t really deter her from having a good time here all by herself.

Except, she wasn’t able to keep a certain someone off her head.

He was constantly in her mind. She often find herself wondering what he might be doing at that moment, or if he had already eaten his lunch. Sometimes she would walk into the men’s clothing department and imagine how nice and fitting this leather jacket would be if he wears it.

And she wonders why.

She sits at one of the dukbokki roadside stalls with the new white winter coat she just bought yesterday, mind drifting away to him again while she stuffs another reddish rice cake into .

Nicole glances around and sees couples in the stall, feeding each other happily. She groans and picks up her phone, swiping across it mindlessly as if finding something more productive to do than sitting there all alone like a lonely girl that no one loves.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn’t realized she had converted all her thoughts into the goggle search bar.

Yong Junhyung

And when she does realizes it, she was met face to face with a million search results.

 

-

“What are you thinking about?” Yoseob plopped down next to Junhyung, handing him a towel for him to wipe the sweat that was flowing down the side of his face.

The other just took the towel, eyes never leaving his own reflection in the tall mirrors of the practice room.

“Seob-ah,” He pauses and looked down. “I..”

Yoseob scooted closer and laid his head on Junhyung’s shoulder, a small sigh escaping his mouth seeing his hyung all gloomy and down.

“You miss her?”

“No Yoseob, I saw her-” His voice was cut off by a sharper one behind them.

“Why are you two still here? Everyone is already downstairs waiting!” Clad in a dark off-shoulder top and denim shorts, Hyuna marched towards them and pulled them up and out the practice room.

She pressed the button for the lift door to close as she turned towards Junhyung, a small grin playing on her lips. “So,”

She raises her eyebrows. “Who do you miss?”

The other merely clears his throat and looks away. “No one, you’re talking nonsense.”

“Hmm, I see. She must be really special isn’t it?”

*Dings*

The lift door opens.

“Kim Hyun Ah, I told you there isn’t anybody-” He was cut off by Yoseob, who was staring out the lift.

“Hyung,” He froze in his spot. “Is that..”

Junhyung felt his heart skipped a beat, or maybe it just stopped beating.

“Yes, she is.” He answered to the incomplete question that was asked.

He walks out towards the girl in the main hall, his poker face perfectly fitted onto his face like it was meant to be.

“Why are you here?”

She looks at him, and then to her phone, and back to him again.

“Yah you’re famous?” She shrieks.

“How did you know that?!”

“Just happen to search for you in the web.” She raises her phone, her screen showing a picture of b2st.

Yoseob ran towards them and stared at her, too lost for words.

“Yang Yoseob?”

“YOU KNOW ME?”

“I’ve been watching videos about all of you ever since I realize who you are.. last night.” She laughs embarrassingly.

“Is this a fan?” She hears a female voice on the other side of Junhyung.

“Fan?” She laughed at the word, since when was she ever a fan of anybody?

“Kinda, I guess.”

“I’m Hyuna, nice to meet you.” She smiles at her.

Nicole raised her eyebrows, a sense of familiarity washing through her.

One of the videos last night, the girl who danced with Yong Junhyung, that's her isn’t it?

She felt a pang in her heart.

What was her name?

“Nicole, nice to meet you too.” She forced a smile up on her face.

 

-

“So..” Doojoon took a closer look at Nicole. “Do you know who I am?”

They were having lunch at a nearby restaurant, and Junhyung had explained everything to the boys on their way there.

“She had a memory loss.” A few gasps were heard. “It was a car accident.”

The boys were sitting on one table with Nicole while the 4 minute girls were on another table.

“Yes.” Nicole shifted her gaze from Hyuna back to Doojoon. “Yoon Doojoon, leader of b2st.”

“Not know us like that. Do you know know us? Like friends kind of know?” Hyunseung cocked his head to the side.

She rubbed the back of her head and shook her head. “No, am I supposed to?”

“Of course!” Yoseob slapped his palm onto the table and faces her. “We were best friends when you were here! Don’t you remember, Nicole-ah?”

“We were.. friends?” She widened her eyes before pointing towards Junhyung. “So you really know me? Why did you pretend!”

“I..”

“Am I such a bad friend that you don’t want to acknowledge me?”

“Nicole-ah, you got it totally wrong.” Kikwang laughs. “You and Junhyung is-”

“Friends.” He was cut off by Junhyung. “You look different than you did last year, so I thought I got the wrong person.”

“Oh really?” She grinned. “Is it a good different, or a bad different?”

“A bad one. You weren't so talkative and annoying back then.”

“Yah! I'm not annoying!"

"You are-"

“Enough Junhyung,” Doojoon cuts in. “Nicole-ah, so why are you here?”

She instinctively slipped her hand into her right pocket, clutching the tiny piece of paper tightly.

“My family told me I was here before the car accident, so I came back here hoping I’ll get some of my memories back.”

“How is it going so far?”

Nicole remembers the few flashbacks she encountered the past few days.

“I did get some things, but it’s all broken up into pieces. I guess they all fit into a picture, but I haven’t been able to know exactly what it is.”

Yoseob pouted and linked his hand with hers. “We had so much fun last year, you can’t forget about them all.”

 

-

“Nicole-ah, I’ll bring you somewhere where you used to like!” Yoseob said but the other wasn’t paying attention because she was glaring at two people who were slowing strolling out the restaurant, chatting happily.

Junhyung and Hyuna were laughing at some joke only both of them understood and Nicole felt something in her stomach. She subconsciously frowned her eyebrows.

“Nicole-ah?” Yoseob waved his hand in front of her face.

“Yoseob, are they two.. together?”

He followed her gaze and chuckles.

“Ahh them, I don’t know. But they are really close, so I’m not surprised if they really are.”

Nicole felt a tug in her heart as she turned away from them, coming face to face with Doojoon.

“Why? You like Junhyung?”

She pretends to choke.

“How will I like him, after all that he just said about me.” She raises her volume so all of them, including Junhyung, could hear her clearly. “His just an annoying boy who only knows how to act cool.”

With that, she bowed to the others, forcing a smile onto her face.

“I’ll be going then! It’s been nice spending time with all of you, I hope to see you soon!”

She hears Yoseob shouting her name but she didn’t replied because all she wanted to do was to get away from that place, get away from them.

Nicole took out the paper and unfolded it. She looked at its content and sighed before slipping it back into her pocket.

“How I wished I remembered everything.”

 


A/N: I wrote this story while listening to b2st's new album! And after reading the lyrics and story behind the song "Fiction", I thought about this story. I know I'm thinking too much but don't you think that song fits this story too well? Oh wells. I'm still spazzing over their new songs! They've really improved SO MUCH! I've been replaying the whole album over and over again it's like I'm going crazy.

I think the story is getting boring, I really need to get this writer's block thing out of me! :(

And once again, thank you all for commenting! I'll always appreciate it :)

@HanaSugarpuff :)

@Jaimee He's cuteeeeeeeee, both in real life and the story hahaha.

@shine_star Sorry for the late update :)

@ECfanfiction Yes she did :(

@flamingjoker Maybe he doesn't want to hurt her again..? Hehe

@b2utyful08 Thank you too! Glad you like it :)

@Blahh_Missy You almost got it right. I introduced a new girl instead, but a new boy might be a good idea too.. :)

@winterflowr I'm sorry! I think I was too impatient to get to the exciting part, I kinda rushed through the chapter. The reason why she's back won't be revealed so soon I guess, I want to be mysterious for a longer while.. hehehe :)

@dnakaram :)

@helenemy Hhahahah I can imagine him blushing, too cute!! *squeals*

@iHEARTjunhyung THANK YOUUUUU! I love you too! <3

@honeybliss It's so annoying! It feels like I just lost the ability to write. Hey don't stop writing your stories! I believe all your readers are waiting for your update :) Fighting~

Have a nice week everyone! The weather's been getting bad in my country and so I've been sick. So if you live here too, remember to eat more vitamins! Hehe and listen to b2st's album! Annyeong~