Trying

A second chance

Junhyung likes being the rapper.

When he first joined the company, he joined with the sole objective of wanting to sing, wanting to sing and debut and hopefully touch the hearts and souls of many with his voice. He doesn't think about being popular and well-liked because he doesn't dare to think about it. He doesn't dare to but he's still here because he just merely wants to sing, even if there's no audience for him to touch the hearts and souls of.

The first change came during the announcement of his position in the group, when the change really only sink into Junhyung's head the next day because he was busy trying to keep his sanity when he's told he's debuting the day before. It only sink into his head the next day when he woke up all smiling and happy and suddenly it dawned on him like a giant hammer knocking half of his happiness out of him.

He's going to be a rapper. 

Not a singer like Yoseob that touches people's hearts and souls, but a rapper that.. No he doesn't know what rapper does to people.

It sinks into his head when he looks at the lyrics sheet and finds his name appearing only once or twice because that's what rappers get.

He sees Yoseob's name so many times it's ridiculous.

But after so long, Junhyung still likes being the rapper. Because Doojoon the leader is the romantic national boyfriend, Kikwang the dancer is y, Hyunseung the vocalist is pretty, Dongwoon the maknae is innocent, Yoseob the main vocalist is cute. 

But none of them is cool, is mysterious, is charismatic, is omgawd-he's-so-hot-when-he-raps except Junhyung. So Junhyung just likes being the rapper because he doesn't like being anything else that the other members is.



Honestly, Junhyung likes being a song-writer, too.

It happened one day when he was watching his Tiger hyung in the studio humming, then mixing, then matching, then playing, then deleting, then humming again. It happened when he was listening to songs and reading the lyrics. It happened when he sat down with a paper and pencil and he starts to write. It happened when he handed the paper over to Tiger hyung. 

And what follows is his hyung throwing the paper back to him and tells him no.

But after so long, Junhyung still likes being a song-writer because in a way he’s able to touch people’s hearts and souls and with him still being the rapper in the process, he can be charismatic and be able to touch people's hearts and souls at the same time.



Right now, Junhyung is all gloomy and unhappy and pissed and hurt.

Right now is something different from any other right-nows because at this moment, Junhyung realizes that he does not only like being a rapper and song-writer—

He’s loving it.

He’s loving it because other than being charismatic and touching people’s heart and soul, being a rapper and song-writer means he can put all his unwanted emotions into good use and rap better raps, and write better songs.

It’s these moments that he’s able to have the overflowing inspirations even when Yoseob is not beside him, he’s able to type them all out into his phone at the speed of Dongwoon snatching people’s food away and he knows songs written this way gets accepted because they are based on true events and no songs is true-er than those based on events that happened.

It's based on true events but Junhyung doesn't want that. He doesn't want to know that he stood in the doorway right at the moment Doojoon decides to be the curious cat and asks Nicole the question he didn’t even dared think about it because he’s afraid. He’s afraid of getting, even the slightest possibility, the answer he didn’t wanted.

In a way he's glad Doojoon asked.

Because he wants to know the answer just as badly, or probably more, as Doojoon does.

Because afterall, Junhyung is just another curious cat himself. 

And in the end, the only pathetic consolation he could find to paste over his newly formed wound is that he should be glad he wasn’t there earlier to hear anything else Doojoon and Nicole had talked about or stayed awhile more to hear what they would be talking about because it would just be plain disheartening and heart-smashing, really.



Hyuna hasn’t seen Junhyung for weeks.

She hasn’t seen him for weeks because 4minute was having their new album promotions, and she was busy attending variety shows, and they were busy with their overseas promotions, and she’s just busy busy busy.

Hyuna misses and missed Junhyung for weeks.

She thinks missing him would be an understatement because she felt something beyond that, something no one had created a name to because it's just so difficult to put feelings as strong as that into words.

It's just so difficult to describe verbally how her heart just beats a gazillion times faster than usual when she knocks onto the door of b2st's waiting room, difficult to describe how her world just spins when she smells his familiar scent in the air, difficult to describe how her words just got stucked in and all that came out was a few uhs and ohs and stutters here and there when she sees him sitting on the couch with his phone.

She finds it the world’s impossible mission to describe how her chest stings when she sees him sitting on the couch with his phone, all gloomy and unhappy and pissed and hurt.



Hyuna is now certain missing him is an understatement because she doesn't know how to describe the way she lost control on every nerve and vessel in her body, the way she feels like time had just stopped and froze right at this moment when Junhyung turned to look at her—

He’s usual poker face on, no smiles, no frowns, no emotions.

—and pulls her down and hugs her.

Tight.

So freaking tight she knew any second longer she would've died.

But dying right after Junhyung whispers into her ear and tells her that although he might not like her the way she likes him now, he's going to try—



—Hyuna just rather she dies this way than living another few decades or so.

 


A/N: I am literally in my english class now which I usually just stare out the window or sleep when there's nothing interesting out the window and posting this chapter up so you guys, if my phone gets confiscated, I'm never updating again.

NO REALLY.

I'm just kidding :>

Hope you like this chapter and please comment! 

@Hequella Yes darling, he did.

@dnakaram You know, I have a feeling I'm soon going into a Yoseob stan because I'm having all these one-shot/two-shot ideas about him like now.

@nadiafantastic This has got to be my fastest update ever :>

@f_mama Do you get why he's angry now? :) And yes I'm a whatever-Hyuna's-fans-are-called and actually I ship joon/hyuna but since they said that they are not together, my heart is literally in seven pieces now.

@SeaTurtle OMG I am utterly disgustingly in love with your fanfic freak mode bwahahahha and you know, I actually kinda have a rough idea on how she's going to get back her memories but I just need more time on that.

@shineekey Yes he did :>

@lkjhgfdsa If I get her back so soon then it would probably meant that the story would end soon :<

@amburritosRtacos I don't know how you look like irl but I can so totally imagine you abusing the keyboard and uhmpf it's just, I love your reaction so much.

@ECfanfiction CHILL BB, CHILL :>