Hello, again.

A second chance

Some days, when the memories overwhelms much more than usual and the air smells of longing, he would be here spending hours in the park, on the bench, with a cup of hot chocolate. A year had passed, winter is here and the surrounding atmosphere had changed in accordance but he wouldn’t realized because he was deeply immersed in his thoughts, his own feelings.

Her smiles, her hugs.

It was a way of escaping for him, a way to ease the guilt so he would be able to pick himself up and move on with life with a fake smile he had learnt to put on his face only too well. Not that it really helps, because reminiscing everything about her doesn’t make the pain go away and if anything, it made it worse.

Yet he carries on because that was the only thing he knew.

Her kisses, her touch.

The cup of beverage on his hand had already turned cold but it was still left untouched, as usual, he doesn’t really want to drink but he always had to buy it.

And every once in a while, a few hours of alone time just weren’t enough, and he would linger on, refusing to move on. He hates it, though, because staying any longer had proved to bring nothing but even more pain for him.

Just a while more and I’ll go.

Today was one of those once in a while.

Her tears, her begging, her swollen eyes and emotionless face.

The thoughts became so real and unbearable that he felt his breath slowly becoming irregular and fists unknowingly clenching themselves so tight the cup had fallen and spilled all over the ground. He shut his eyes and sniffed.

I’m sorry.

His heart tightened as if someone had been squeezing it.

I’m really sorry.

The pounding in his head escalated and he felt it threatening to break through his skull.

He slowly took deep breaths and let the warm moisture flow down his face in silence, feeling glad that his sunglasses had yet again shielded his swollen eyes from any unwanted attention.

 

-

When the tears had dry, when his heart was once again peaceful and calm, when the longing feeling had dropped to the usual level, he knew he was done, he had survived another day. A faint smile appeared on his face as he stood up, legs tingling with numbness, adjusted his beanie and shirt a little before embarking the walk back home where the rest of the boys were.

“It’s snowing!!!”

He hears a shrill, that of a little girl, not far from behind. He looks up the sky and true enough, small little whitish flakes were slowly falling down. Flashes of image appeared in his mind as if someone had been flipping the pages at a speed he thought weren’t possible. The stinging feeling in his chest became stronger as he remembered a year ago, at this exact place, something wonderful had happened.

All he could remember was how happy she was when she saw the first snow of the year and because it was so deeply etched in his mind, he can’t help but smile and feel the fluttering in his stomach, something he hadn’t felt for long.

Then he hears a tiny little grunt.

A tiny little familiar grunt.

 

A long navy pullover hoodie stops at her hips, skinny jeans and ugg boots wrapping her legs and feet, her long brown hair secured messily into a ponytail as she stares towards the squealing kids.

“Noisy bunch of kids,” He hears her mutter. “What’s so great about snow?”

Her voice sounds so much like-

“Yah! What are you staring at?”

He hadn’t realized she had turned around and when he does realizes it, a small gasp left his mouth and his heart stopped as he look towards the two brown orbs which was now staring back at him.

A pair of beautiful brown orbs so weirdly suited onto a face that showed nothing but annoyance and irritation.

No, this isn’t her.

She walked towards him as he stood rooted to the ground, mind incoherent and too lost for words as she stops right in front of him and cocked her head to the side in amusement.

No, she doesn’t dress like that.

“You’re still staring, don’t you know it’s rude?”

No, she doesn’t speak like that.

“Are you mute?”

But it’s this voice, I can’t be wrong.

She furrowed her eyebrows and storms her feet on the ground before turning away.

 

“Nicole.” He was surprised at his unfamiliar hoarse voice.

She stopped in her tracks before looking back towards him and raised her eyebrows.

 

“Do I know you?”

 


A/N: Thank you for all the comments and subscribes! Sorry the update took so long, I was reallyyyyy busy with schoolwork, it's making me crazy.

@Ancient_Moon Yes it's about her, but I added Sang-mi because I just felt it made everything even more sad for her, like all the bad things happening at once. Thank you for subscribing!

@kaytbear3 Thank you! I'm surprised you found the ending adorable.

@aremoyoona I'm really sorry for taking so long, I hope it won't deter you from reading the sequel, thank you :)

@shine_star Thank you for subscribing! And don't cry~

@winterflowr Did I say anything about trucks? But yes, she got into an accident. Thank you for subscribing! Omo the foreword is confusing? Sorry it's because of my lousy writing skills :(

@dnakaram She won't die! I may be sadistic, but I don't go that far :)

@kollfen Thank you! <3

@eyaaaxx Thank you! <3

@shineekey Thank you! <3

@HanaSugarpuff The entire last chapter is written in Nicole's POV, showing how her life became a week after Junhyung broke up with her, where all the bad things started happening (if you can't remember Sang-mi, I introduced her in chapter 10) and she finally broke down after seeing Junhyung at the Han river. She attempted to run away but got into an accident and the italics at the end is somewhat like her inner feelings towards Junhyung that she hadn't been able to express. I'm sorry that I made you confused, it must be because of my lousy writing skills, I'll improve on it. And thank you for liking the sequel :)

@ilikeYOU Thank you! <3

@RockStarPocky She didn't die :)

@SeaTurtle Hello new reader! Thank you for taking the time to read the story, because 25 chapters is pretty long. And thank you! Gosh I feel so flattered now. Thank you!!!! <3

@b2utyful08 Thank you! Hehe <3

@jaimeestar Thank you for reading it! I'm guessing you're a new reader, so hello there!

@matterythebattery Thank you! <3

@rachox Are you serious about the awesome thing? Omo I'm so happy hehehe. Thank you! <3

@Blahh_Missy She didn't die, and no she isn't a ghost hahaha I'm not that creative.

@Itzbecky4eva Thank you! <3

@Cosadi Really? Hehehe then I hope you enjoyed it :)

@honeybliss Omo thank you!! <3

@lovetronica Hweheheheh! :)

@amburritosRtacos I'm sorry for making you wait, please don't die!! :(

Thank you all! Have a nice weekend :)