Leaving

A second chance

Really.

It's not that Junhyung doesn't want to answer Yoseob when the younger asked. It's not like he doesn't want to tell him because he always tells him. But really, there’s nothing much he can say this time because in all honestly, Junhyung doesn't understand why Yoseob even asked. He doesn't understand why he would even think that something happened.

How can anything happen between him and Nicole if the possibility of it is like trying to stapler jelly onto a piece of paper?

Nicole may have lost her memories, but she isn't stupid. The old her might've been tricked into thinking that there's something about Junhyung that's worth it (worth liking and loving), but the new her definitely knows better. The new Nicole is smart enough to know that no matter what Junhyung does, he'll never be—

"Are you like," The van makes a turn to the left and Yoseob (who's seated at the middle seat of the third row) sways to his right and squeezes Dongwoon to the window. "hibernating or something? Because I feel like I just wasted all my saliva talking to a polar bear."

"You’re a polar bear?" Hyunseung (seated next to Junhyung at the second row) recovers and looks towards his right in surprise. "Like, a real polar bear?"

"Hyung, I don’t think polar bears actually hibernate.” Dongwoon rubs his left arm because Yoseob certainly isn't as light as he looks. "But female bears that are pregnant do actually come close to hibernation when they stay in their dens and give birth.”

“You have a den?” The dancer turns his whole upper body and stares at the rapper with nothing but pure shock.

The maknae sinks back into his seat and sighs.





The van pulls over in front of the building where they are supposed to have a photo shoot and the manager double checks the address except Junhyung is already pulling the door open because if he doesn’t leaves the vehicle right at this instance, his shirt is going to get ripped by Hyunseung and he’s going to turn really nasty because that shirt is not cheap at all.

Kikwang and Doojoon reaches just in time (Kikwang from his drama filming and Doojoon from Music on Top recording) while the other four are changing into their respective clothes and making last touches to their make-up and hair when the manager informs them about their schedules for the next few months but Junhyung isn’t really listening because the sound of the hair-dryer is too loud and the stylists are talking and Yoseob is laughing because he’s always laughing and Hyunseung is talking to himself and because his mind is thinking of something (someone) else.

His brain clarifies that it’s not because he cares. No it’s not.

“How many clothes should we pack then?” He hears Doojoon asking when the hair-drying sound ceases.

“We’ll be away for about 2 weeks. So yeah, just pack accordingly.” The manager replies.





“Guys.” Junhyung smiles and mumbles through his closed lips just when the camera flashes once. “I didn’t catch what hyung said. Are we going somewhere?”

“Seriously.” He hears Yoseob whispering from his far right. “You’re really hibernating aren't you.”

The camera man asks Dongwoon to tilt his head a little to the left before clicking another few times on the camera.

“Kwang-ah.” Hyunseung pretends to shift and nudges Kikwang. “Do you know that Junhyung is actually a polar bear?”

“What?” The other smiles for another four seconds. “Is that why you are exercising lesser nowadays?”

“Not possible.” Doojoon tries not to break out into full force laughter because it won't look nice on picture. “You can’t exercise lesser if you don’t even exercise in the first place.”

“Uhm.” The rapper clenches his fist and hopes that his smile still looks like one. “I actually kind of do exist, if you didn’t notice.”

The camera man cuts and tells them to get ready for individual shots.

Junhyung already has Doojoon’s neck locked under his arms and Hyunseung is telling Kikwang that the rapper has a den and Dongwoon and Yoseob is just laughing at the side.





A few hours already passed after all the individual and triple shots are done and all that is left is double shots and Yoseob and Junhyung is next in line which means they are just sitting on the couch waiting to be called.

“You’re going to tell her right?” The vocalist breaks the silence.

“Tell who what?” The rapper responds with a confused look.

Yoseob looks at him like he’s stupid. “Don’t you have to let Nicole know that we’re not going to be in Korea for the next two weeks?”

“Why should I tell her?” Junhyung protests.

“Because nothing happened between the both of you, isn’t it?” The younger raises his eyebrows. “Nothing happened, so why are you so afraid to tell her?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” And Junhyung tries not to raise his voice because Yang Yoseob is clearly the stupid one here. “And I’m not Kikwang. I can hear your sarcasm.”

He hears their names being called before shooting up the couch and walking quickly ahead of Yoseob.





It was already close to 8 at night when the photo shoot was done and they were in the van on their way back for dance practice when Yoseob taps his shoulder and Junhyung opens his eyes slowly because he didn’t really slept much last night.

“We’re leaving tomorrow morning, you know that right?”

Junhyung doesn’t even know what to think. It’s just ridiculous how his mind can have everything and nothing at the same time because if someone scoops a specimen out from his brain right now and looks under the microscope, there would be many many tiny organisms lying around but they are not moving and working at all because they are all experiencing aftershock.

His brain frowns, opens the chat box and asks the other organs what he is supposed to do now.

His heart replies almost instantly.

“If you don’t tell her to stay, she might go back and we’ll never see her again.” Yoseob adds.

Brain, being the smartest organ that is full of wisdom and reasons, punches Heart and tells him to keep quiet because his suggestions are all useless.

Except Heart is already grabbing Junhyung’s hand and pulling him away because—

“Hyung.” He taps the head rest of the front seat. “Can you drop me here, I’ll go back to Cube myself.”





Junhyung faintly hears Yoseob saying bye before he starts to run.

He doesn’t even know why he’s running.

But he runs even faster because his heart tells him to.

(His brain leaves the chat box and removes Heart from his friend list)





Junhyung runs pass the park and sees Nicole kicking the snow into the pavement as she walks along.

He stops in front of her before leaning down, resting his palms on his knees and taking deep breaths because he needs oxygen right now (and because he doesn’t think he will be able to actually talk if he looks up).

“Wow.” The other blinks at him in surprise.

“Yeah.” He straightens up and lets out an awkward laugh and sends SOS messages to his brain except his brain is too busy being angry to even care.

“Uhm.” So his heart tries to take over. “There is, like, a lot of nice places in Korea that you haven’t visited, you know?”

Nicole widens her eyes because “What the hell?” And she breaks out into laughter.

“I mean.” His heart slaps himself. “We’re going—like—I don’t even know where. Maybe Spain or London or London and then Spain or like New York or something.”

The other stops laughing.

“I don’t know. But like. It’s going to be 2 weeks and—I mean—I don’t even know where your house is so if you fly back home and I can’t—you know.”

There was a long pause before Nicole starts laughing again.

“So you ran all the way here just to tell me this?” She laughs even harder and Junhyung wonders if it’s possible to actually dig a hole in the snow and bury himself alive.

Except—

“I’m not leaving.” The other smiles, eyes closing to small little slits. “I mean—I am—but not so soon, and definitely not before I let all of you know.”

Oh.

Okay.

(His heart starts to pop the party poppers)





“So,” He flags a cab and hears Yoseob over the phone (and Hyunseung at the background asking the manager if he can buy a den). “It’s settled?”

“Yeah.” He tells the driver the address and leans back into the seat.

“You’ve already forgiven her, haven’t you?” Yoseob laughs at the other end.





Junhyung actually thinks he hasn’t. He hasn’t forgiven her and he’s not in denial because—

“No, you stupid.” He ends the call before the other can even protest.

—you can’t really forgive someone you aren’t even angry with in the first place.

 


A/N: Yes, I googled on polar bears. Don't judge :/

@Hequella His skin is smooth? That's like an understatement. Omg. I'm really this close to stabbing myself because a guy actually looks prettier than me.

@ECfanfiction Yes and no. Because the angsty part is coming. Oh god.

@SeaTurtle Oh wait. I don't understand. What do you mean by putting yoseob in the last chapter? And omg. YES. Junhyung and Yoseob are like complete opposites but they fit together so much (reason why I ship them OTL).

@parkminyoong Enjoy!

@SHieMa I'm not awesome, so I have no idea what you're talking about TT~~~TT But if you like, I'll go buy us some tents and we can both camp in my head. I'm curious what's inside too (although I'm quite sure it'll be full of rubbish and crap).

@shineekey Oh. Wait. YOU SERIOUS? Hahahahahahahaa thank you! But I'm not amazing. So yeah. I love you too! <3

@ChickenLover I wouldn't say he didn't enjoy though.. but yeah. I bet he did enjoy his birthday in real life ^-^

@f_mama Go ahead, root for them! ^-^

@dnakaram I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH YOU REPEATING THAT FOREVER AND EVER. <3

Have a nice week everyone!