Kim Hyuna

A second chance

I know who that Nicole girl is.

Seeing her reminds me of a memory I didn’t wanted to remember, but hadn’t been able to forget either.

It was your face.

It was the way the shadow beneath your beautiful orbs had never been darker, the way it was as if two strings were pulling either sides of your heart-shaped lips, forming a smile turned upside down. It was the way the air around you had suddenly turned gloomy, lonely, and empty.

In my mind there were a million things I wanted to do, to hug you, to lend my shoulder to you, and to let you know that the worst thunderstorm would eventually bring about the most beautiful rainbow when it all ends. But I can’t, I couldn’t. Because that wasn’t what normal friends do, that wasn’t what fellow trainees do.

So I watched in silence. I watched her absence away the colours of your life, day by day. I didn’t know why she left, but one thing that I’m sure of, if she’s the one who made the choice to go, hell, that will be the worse choice she will ever make.

One year.

She’s already gone for so long, and yet, she’s still in your heart.

Two years.

I’ve known you for two years, I’ve been in love with you for two years, and yet, I was never able to break through the barrier you had constructed around your heart ever since she appeared in your life.

Do you even know that the wall existed? Do you know you’ve been unconsciously pushing every single girl away in your life, just because of some girl who doesn’t deserve all these waiting you’re doing?

I’ve always been aware of her presence in your heart, and how precious she used to be, and how she is important to you even till today. And I’m not an ambitious person, never once had I wanted to remove her and replace her spot in your heart, because I knew I couldn’t even if I had wanted to.

All I wanted was for you to take a look at me, not as a friend, but something more than that.

We went through a lot together. I’ve met you when you were that little boy who knew nothing about the entertainment world, when I myself didn’t had the slightest idea either. I’ve watched you grow and-, no, we grew and learnt together.

So I watched her come into your life and made you into a happier person.

And I watched her leave and changed you into someone I never wanted you to be.

 

 

“Yah, the drink won’t come out even if you stare at it like that unless you put some coins in.”

I snapped up from my thoughts as she pushed me away and slips some coins into the vending machine.

“I heard Junhyung likes to drink coke,” She grabs the red can drink out and gulps it down. “So I think I like it too.” She smirks at me.

Wait, isn’t she-

“What? Surprised that I’m not that sweet, innocent and pure girl you thought I was?” She chuckles. “I don’t mind acting as one now, but I don’t think you’re worth me doing it.”

What did she just said?

“Why-”

“I like Junhyung oppa.” She cuts me off.

I stared at her.

 “And if this is what it takes for him to like me, then I’m fine with being a two-faced .”

Woah wait a minute.

“What makes you think I won’t tell Junhyung about you?”

She starts to laugh, really hard and loud.

“What’s so funny?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Will he believe you? I don’t think so.”

The anger that was unknowingly rising within me provided me enough courage to say something I hadn’t dared say out loud to anyone.

“Junhyung and I, we go a long way back. I’m the only girl who knows him inside out, better than you, and definitely better than anybody else in this world.”

“Really?” An amused smile playing on her lips as she presses a few times on her phone before slipping it back into her pocket. “Let’s have a small experiment then.”

A few silent moments before we hear mild shuffling down the corridor.

And the next thing that happened shocked the hell out of me.

She raises her can and turns it upside down, the dark liquid from the coke flowing down her hair, face, and the rest of her body.

She s the empty can into my hand before slamming herself against the wall hard, groaning as she slides down onto the floor, blood oozing out from beneath her fringe, making a stark comparison to her pale white skin.

“Nicole-ah!” I heard Junhyung’s scream from behind before seeing him squat down before her, worry painting his face. “What happened?!”

“Hyuna,” She looks up towards me, the evilness in her eyes long gone with the wind.

“I know my presence around the boys is disturbing you, and I’ve said sorry. Please don’t hate me anymore.” Her voice was weak and soft, a total contrast to the one that spoke to me minutes ago.

Disturbing me? Perhaps for that little bit, yes. But sorry? Since when did that happened?

“What are you-” Before I could finish my sentence, Junhyung grabbed my wrist and raised it up, bringing my attention to the can in my hand.

 “Yah yah! You didn’t think I did that to her did you?”

Junhyung merely raised his eyebrows at me.

“Ugh,” I pulled away my hand and scoffed. “She was the one did that to herself!”

“So you’re saying, Nicole poured the drink on herself, then stuffed the can into your hand, slammed herself on the wall and injured herself?”

“EXACTLY!”

“And you expect me to believe that bull?” His screaming made me cringed.

“It’s the truth!” I screamed back. “Why would I do that?”

“She likes you, oppa.” Ugh, why does she want to destroy everything? “And.. I told her that I like you too, so I guess that’s what made her mad. Don’t be angry at her, it’s all my fault.”

Oh my god.

“For god’s sake, stop acting like the victim here!” I screamed at her.

“Kim Hyuna,” Junhyung stares at me. “I don’t know why you did that, but you have no rights to.”

“Yong Junhyung, she’s not worth it! It’s all an act, can’t you see?”

“You’re not my girlfriend, you don’t decide who I make friends with.” With that he scoops her up from the ground.

I felt something pierced through my heart.

“Does it hurt? I’ll bring you to the hospital to treat your wounds.”

The throbbing pain only grew worse.

He turns to take a last look at me before walking away. “I don’t want to ever see you do that ever again.”

The last thing I saw, was her smirk towards me as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

‘I won.’ She mouthed it to me before hiding her face into his chest.



A/N: So who says that the main lead of a story can't be all y and two-faced? I know you might not like the new Nicole, but I thought that will make the story more interesting.

My comments are getting so little nowadays and I thought the story was getting really bad but for the few of you who did comment, I feel really motivated by it so thank you all! I'll remember all your usernames ^_^

BTW, B2st won 1st on MCD! Omo *jumps around*

@Jaimee Yes yes it's so amazing! Thank you for the comment <3

@winterflowr It's getting better? Omo THANK YOU! <3

@shineekey THANK YOU! <3

@rachox Really? Thank you! <3

@SeaTurtle Omo you're the second person who said that you're my fan! I'm jumping with joy because of it, thank you so much <3

@iHEARTjunhyung Let's hope so.. and THANK YOU! <3

Hugs for all of you! Have a great weekend ^_^