Playing sick

A second chance

To be honest, executing a plan had never been easier.

It's easier because it's a foolproof plan, it's impeccable and Nicole was almost sure that it's still going to be better even if you compare it with all the other plans in the universe combine.

It's easier because in a winter country like this where all you really want to do is to throw yourself into a pre-heated oven, it doesn't matter if she stuffs all the heating packs—stuffs too much it almost doubles her body temperature—because it feels warm and fuzzy inside. It's easier because in a situation when she's too pre-occupied in making sure that her nose and ears doesn't freeze and fall off, how she look becomes secondary and making her face a little paler is perfectly fine—perfectly normal because it's not like she's going to see herself anyway. 

All she needs is a foundation cake paler than her natural skin tone and a shaded lipstick.



She picks up her phone, calls the number and Kikwang answers. He’s the one that answered and Nicole is glad because it's neither Doojoon nor Hyunseung. It's easier because it's Kikwang—it's Kikwang the most innocent being on earth so when Nicole calls, all he's concerned about is how long it has been since he last saw her and not how fake the coughs, the hoarse voice and the frequent clearing of phlegm she made over the phone are.

It's fake—fake but Kikwang buys it and that's what Nicole wants.



She was almost sure that it's still going to be better even if you compare it with all the other plans in the universe combine. She's only almost sure because when the doorbell of her door finally rings and she opens it, she finds herself surprised. She's surprised and surprise isn't supposed to happen because if she had expected it—if she had expected Yoseob to be the person ringing the bell—she wouldn't be surprised. 

It's not a good surprise because no matter how evil and scheming she can be, lying to Yoseob is the last thing she should do because lying to someone as cute as that is a crime so serious and punishable, dying wouldn't be sufficient.



She opens ready to question when she feels coldness on her forehead—feels fingers wrapping her shoulders and pushing her back to her room and down her bed.

"Why are you here?" Nicole managed to choke out as Yoseob pulled the covers over her.

"Kikwangie told me you were sick." He emerges back from the bathroom and sits down on the bed before placing the folded towel over her forehead.

"Yoseob-ah, I'm fine. I—"

The vocalist merely grins and pats her cheek lightly. 

"Take a nap, Nicole-ah."

She frowns as he walks out the room because this isn't the way it's supposed to happen. What's supposed to happen is: Kikwang will ring the bell in an anxious and worried state and he'll panic. He'll panic and call someone for help—he'll call Junhyung for help and Junhyung would be the second person to ring the bell and somehow, somehow something will happen in-between and he's going to realize that Hyuna is not what he's looking for because Nicole is obviously better.

Obviously.

The plan had just gone haywire because it's Yoseob instead of Kikwang. It's Yoseob so Junhyung will never get to know this because Yoseob is capable, even better than Junhyung, of taking care of people. He's better and Nicole isn't liking the way her heart is clenching at the thought of what might happen if Yoseob finds out. 



When Nicole wakes up, she wakes up to the smell of dusk―wakes up to the warmth from the setting sun and faint whispers from outside the room.

“Hyung.”

She blinks a few times and rubs them with her hands.

“Hyung, listen to me.”

She sits up.

“I already told manager hyung to cancel my schedule.”

She raises her arms and she stretches.

“I know it’s important, but she’s sick.”

She pushes the blanket off her body.

“She’s alone here, hyung. Alone.”

She takes small silent steps and shuffles out the room.

“No.”

She leans against the wall and listens.

“You can stop caring for her all you want, but I won’t.”

She sees the other on the sofa, his phone pressed onto his ear.

“Yah, Yong Junhyung. Don’t say that about her.”

She freezes.



She runs back to her room.



Nicole thinks it’s pointless.

It’s pointless because no one cares.

It’s pointless so she reaches into her coat and flings the heating pads across the room and they land with a solid thud. It useless so she takes the foundation and throws it into the toilet bowl and flushes it away. It’s meaningless so she opens the cap of the lipstick and draws a J on the mirror and crosses it out immediately.



“I thought you were sick?”



It’s definitely a crime―It’s definitely, absolutely, most certainly a crime to lie to Yoseob because the level of guilt that’s eating Nicole up is beyond ridiculous. It’s unbelievable but she doesn’t care about hurting him because Yong Junhyung is blind to miss the fact that she is clearly so much better than Hyuna, because Yoseob is the most kind-hearted person on earth to her and she doesn’t deserve it, because this is not how the plan is supposed to go and where the hell is Kikwang?



Nicole doesn’t care about hurting Yoseob, or anyone for that matter, because it’s not like anyone cared about hurting her either.



"I lied.”

“Why?”

“It’s fun seeing you worried and anxious about me.”





It's the perfect plan. It's perfect, except—

Nicole looks at Yoseob and sees disappointment. She sees disappointment and it's something far worse than anger and it's terrible. It's terrible and horrible and Nicole doesn't want to see it on Yoseob's face ever again.

—it failed.

 


A/N: OKAY GUYS.. I've once again took a trillion years to post an update TT.TT I realized it's so much easier for me to write about Yoseob than to write about anybody else and I think it's because of the picture of him half on his bed that Junhyung tweeted he has been the 2nd main person in the story all along so writing about him makes me feel so much more emotional.

:|

Hope you like the chapter ^_^

@shine_star Hahaha you persistent being, never seem to stop asking me to get her memory back. Be patient! <3

@iamapetite OMG HAVING NEW READERS MAKES ME SPAZZ. But wait, why does your username looks so familiar to me :| ANYWAY, thank you so much, hope you like the chapter :)

@dnakaram HAHA I KNOW RIGHT. I realize I just abandoned all the other b2st members with the exception of Junhyung and Yoseob so I should probably kill myself for that.

@shineekey YES continue being excited :)

@f_mama OMG YOU. You totally gave me an idea for one of the future chapters you awesome being. Thank you so much.

@ChickenLover AH YOU, I'm going to reply to all your comments on all my fics here because you are so amazing zzz have I told you that? Erm okay TT.TT ANYWAYS, firstly this is for the JunSeob one-shot (SMFTBH in short), Yoseob had to die.. Not that he deserves to because he belongs to me he doesn't but because I kind of wanted the whole story to be impactful (in a sad emotional kind of way) and the only way I know of is to kill his character off. I mean, I did make a lot of people cry with that so I guess, it was the right decision. Secondly for the Junhyung two-shot (which I haven't even completed the second part omg kill me now), that was exactly how I interpreted Junhyung to be in real life.. Like he isn't like the others who will express how they feel out openly but the kind that uses his own method to care for people, if you know what I mean. OKAY lol erm, for IOYWF, WHY DID YOU EVEN CRY IT WASN'T EVEN EMOTIONAL AT ALL HAHAHA but he 'dumped' her because he wanted to protect her from his fans and I know it's stupid but this goes back to the caring-with-his-own-methods character that he portrays to me. AND FOR THIS FIC, OMFG YOU REMEMBER THE GLOVES TT.TT I'm trying to find a spot to fit that in but I currently can't, so yeah :/ OH AND please cheer up about the b2st-going-aust-but-you-can't-go thing, I love you <333

@amburritosRtacos OMG WHY YOU I JUST DIED FROM LAUGHING OMG WHY DO YOU HAVE A KEYBOARD THAT'S.. I DON'T KNOW, I CAN'T SAY THAT IT'S SPOILT BECAUSE IT'S BEYOND THAT. I bet with all my organs and nerves and blood vessels that it's because you smashed it too many times while commenting on fics. How many keys are damaged exactly? Because it took me twice the time to figure out your comment of which I spent another thrice the time to laugh my head off. I LOVE YOU HAHA.