You miss me, right?

A second chance

He fiddles with the phone in his hand, letting out a deep sigh before setting it back on the small table next to him before leaning back onto the headrest of the leather seat. How long has it been? Probably long, seeing how the rest of his companions have all fallen deep into their own respective slumbers. He closes his eyes in an attempt to do the same, except the soft inner voice that kept ringing in his head is telling him otherwise.

He lets out another frustrated sigh and clicks on his phone only to be faced with the same two words on the upper left hand corner—

‘No service’

“God.” He presses his palm against his forehead. “I hate planes.”

He feels a slight shifting next to him as Doojoon yawns before stretching his arms upwards. “If you haven’t noticed,” The leader continues while gesturing for the flight attendant. “We’re in business class.”

“Precisely.” He ignores as the lady with a neat bun walks over gracefully, her heels making sounds as they hit against the ground. “They should at least give us some reception, there’s a bloody reason why it’s so expensive. It’s not like the chairs are made of gold or anything.”

“They have a damn phone in the plane.” The other retorts after requesting for a cup of warm tea. “And you’re not the one paying for the tickets, so it’d be good if you at least pretend to be thankful.”

“I am thankful.” He glances towards his right with an awful glare. “It’s just. What if someone gets into an emergency situation and calls me, only to find that I can’t be reached?”

“Junhyung- ah.” Yoseob’s voice rings from in front, his eyes opening into small slits and staring back at him. “She’s fine on her own. Don’t make it sound like Seoul is some crime infested area or anything.”

“Y-yah.” He stutters and grabbed Doojoon’s drink from his hand and gulping it down his throat. He doesn’t need to hear the vocalist speak the exact name to know who he’s talking about. “It’s just in general. I’m not talking about anyone in particular, okay?”

“Yah, right.” The leader squint his eyes before calling for the flight attendant again.





To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 7:43pm
‘So you finally figured where they kidnapped you to, huh?’

He smiles as he drops his baggage onto the floor of the hotel room he shares with Dongwoon, flopping down the bed and staring out the window shielded by the curtains. There’s light, indicating that it might be morning, or afternoon. But either way, he couldn’t care less due to his body’s constant screams for a decent rest.

To: Nicole
Sent: 9:23am
‘I’m not kidnapped.’

He fights against his eyelids with his will, but who is he kidding? It’s probably night time back at Seoul, judging from his body’s reaction and the maknae’s soft snores from the other bed. So why is he still waiting? What is he waiting for? He should cherish the few hours given to him for a proper rest before heading out for his schedule with the others and not—oh wait.

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 9:25am
‘Well, it’s 3am here. If you’re not kidnapped and asking for a ransom, then I find no better reason to be woken up.’

He doesn’t give a reply then, letting his hand fall limp beside him (still holding onto the phone nonetheless) and giving in to his body’s scream, but not before feeling another soft vibration against his palm.

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 9:37am
‘Glad to know your plane didn’t crash into some unknown island though, ‘night.’





He finishes their fifth interview with a local station on the third day after their arrival and was rewarded with a few hours of spare time, which means they are hitting the streets since it’s their first visit to this country (honestly, he would much rather spend the time being unconscious in his hotel bed but apparently Kikwang thinks that will do worse to their already screwed up body clocks).

The texting doesn’t stop, which he finds is an irony given that they are all pointless and unimportant topics which he long expected to end a long time ago. But they don’t. They just go back and forth and back and forth like an intense ping-pong match, except there are no audience. Just the two of them.

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 4:07pm
‘So, Hyuna’s flying over soon, I guess?’

To: Nicole
Sent: 4:13pm
‘Yeah, we have a combined cube concert here coming in a few days time.’

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 4:17pm
‘Hmm, I see.’

He thinks about an appropriate reply while Yoseob was getting a portrait of himself painted by some random artist along the streets. Kikwang is off to buy some hot coffee while Dongwoon follows, insisting that his english would definitely be helpful except the dancer doesn’t thinks his own command of language is that bad.

To: Nicole
Sent: 4:36pm
‘Why? You scared to be alone?’

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 4:40pm
‘..Why would I?’

Yeah, why would she? Afterall, she’d come flying from miles away all by herself with an incomplete memory to begin with. She wouldn’t be scared.

To: Nicole
Sent: 4:53pm
‘I don’t know, you’ll miss my charming face, probably?’





Everyone arrives the next day, one day before the concert, and the day flashes by with rehearsals after rehearsals scheduled so tightly together, Junhyung was starting to think that maybe he’s going to die as he flops down onto his bed after what seemed like forever of rapping and dancing. But still, he manages to find the last bit of his remaining energy fishing his phone out from his pocket.

To: Yong Junhyung
Sent: 4:12am
‘Your face is not charming, I’ve seen better.’

Attached to the text is an image of two people in a café that he faintly recognizes. Maybe it’s the one that’s two streets down Cube, or maybe not. He looks at her face—eyes that’s stretched into slits from smiling too brightly, nose that’s painted a faint pink which probably is a result from the cold weather. It’s snowing outside the café, and her gloved hands are holding onto a cup which he guesses is hot chocolate as she stands next to a guy whose holding onto a coat while he smiles to the camera.

To: Nicole
Sent: 4:25am
‘He looks like an .’

It’s wrong, he knows. But he blames it on his lack of sleep and therefore incoherent thoughts. He presses to see the image again. Yup, he does look like an . It’s fine, right? It’s good to be honest, anyway.

And by the time he wakes up a few hours later (involuntarily as Dongwoon is doing his hair in front of the mirror and shouting for his name), it’s a few hours away from the concert and he pushes himself up before stretching.

“My hair, damn it.” The maknae gives a fake dramatic cry.

“We have stylists for a reason, Dongwoon-ah.”

But he gives up on his half sincere comforting before clicking on his phone only to be met with the same picture he’d last left before falling asleep, feeling a sudden churn in his stomach as he rushes to the bathroom, letting whatever remains of his previous consumptions force themselves out his throat.

“I swear to god.” He swallows and lays his head at the edge of the basin.

He hears the bell ringing and the door opening and closing before a pair of hands wrap themselves around his shoulders and pulling him up to his feet. "Oh my god. Oppa, hold on."

"Come on, I'll bring you to your bed."

"Y-yah." He mumbles before feeling the soft mattress beneath his body as he sinks into it, grabbing the arms of his supporter together with him.

"Are you okay? Do you want some water?"

He shakes his head, taking deep breaths. "How can you. God. Seriously."

"What?"

“Hyuna-ah,” Dongwoon comes back with a damp towel and passes it to her. “Do you want to go first?”

She shakes her head and presses the towel against Junhyung’s forehead. “You go ahead and tell the rest, I’ll go with him once he feels better.”

The other nods and leaves the room just as Junhyung reaches out, grabbing her arm.

“How can you just go out and meet random strangers? That’s so dangerous. Do you want me to die?” His grip tightens. “You want me to die, don’t you? You want me to worry about you till I lose focus and concentration, is that it? No wait, no. You don’t care about how I feel. I don’t even matter, right?”





"Seriously, Junhyung." The manager passes him his microphone and a cup of warm tea while he rests at the chair backstage. "Something needs to be done to your jet lag."

"You sure you can still go up stage?" Doojoon glances at his reflection in the mirror.

"Y-yeah." He blinks, slipping the tea and taking deep breaths. It isn't about the jet lag, he knows, since the nauseating feeling had long been gone since he threw up practically his whole being out. But he still feels sick. Perhaps it's just anxiousness. He can't hear any screaming from outside, and he starts to wonder whether there'll even be anyone here to see them. Maybe the company had overestimated their popularity in the European continent. Maybe they aren't that famous after all.

"If you faint on stage," Hyunseung stayed silent before shaking his head and turning to face him with horror painting his face. "Junhyung-ah, don't faint on us, okay? I can't carry you, I—"

He hears a faint ringing before seeing Yoseob grabbing his phone from the table and scrolling through it. That reminds him. Why hasn't his phone rang? It's morning over at Seoul now, right? He double checks his phone. There's enough battery to survive, and the reception's fine, so why isn't it ringing? Or maybe she's still asleep? Maybe she slept late last night because she was out—out with that guy?

"Nicole texted." Yoseob's voice rings through his ears and he snaps his head up when he hears the name, the name that he hasn’t hear (or called) for the past half week. "She wishes us all the best."

Why didn’t she wish him personally? Why would she go through Yoseob? Wait, she probably forgot about replying him. She probably typed the reply out but it failed to send. Or maybe—just maybe, she’s mad at him for whatever he said.

Why would she be mad?

To: Dumb woman
Sent: 6:23pm
‘I hope you had fun with your new boyfriend.’

Friend, boyfriend. Whichever, he can’t be bothered. She can do whatever the hell she wants, he doesn’t give a damn.

To: Stupid
Sent: 6:27pm
‘Don’t worry, I had plenty. And by the way, I hope you die from your jet lag crap.’

 


A/N: Oh my god, seriously. I would say I'm sorry for the ridiculous hiatus I had, but it won't be enough, so let's just forget it. It's been a really busy period for me, and I miss you guys, a lot. It's a pleasant surprise to know I'm still receiving new subscribers despite the lack of updates. But now that I'm back, I hope I can complete this before I leave for Korea in 8 days time (which I highly doubt so). But yeah. I love all of you, so much. Thanks for sticking around, guys. It means a lot <3

(Plus I actually wrote a birthday fic on Yoseob's birthday but it isn't receiving very good response here as it did when I posted it on my LJ, so yeah. If you have time, read it and if possible, leave a comment or whatever so I at least know where to improve :) Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/123380/happy-birthday-b2st-beast-korean-yoseob)

Enjoy this chapter, and I hope you still remember what happened previously :/

@SeaTurtle Hahaha we all love Hyunseung and his weirdness :)

@f_mama Thank you, really :)

@Hequella Hahaha thank you! I read back the story and can't believe I wrote that either :/

@shineekey Oh god. You and your smart guesses :/

@SHieMa God, I'm sorry I made you wait :( You're a superb writer, and I'm glad I was an inspiration :) Don't stop writing!

@dnakaram Thank you! :)

@ChickenLover Hahaha yes polar bears :/ and oh, I miss reading your updates! Sorry I didn't comment as much as I would like to :(

@joannemarie93 Sorry for the long wait, hope you like this update :)

@pearlREDree Sorry for the wait, I hope you like this update! :)

@Billa10 Sorry I had to make you wait, hope you enjoy the update :)