Reality

A second chance

I caught a last glimpse of the reflecting moonlight before darkness overpowered my vision. A pair of hands was meddling at the back of my head before someone grumbled.

“Why is this so difficult?”

I hear myself chuckled, reaching over and making a tight knot.

“Shows how bad a kidnapper you are.”

 

“Can you see?”

I shook my head.

“Good, now come on.” The person, whom I suppose is a male, grabbed my hand, guiding me down a pathway.

Rocks.

Stones.

Before I felt something soft beneath my sandals.

Sands?

I should be hating this, because no one likes to be blindfolded, not knowing what was in front of them. But I found myself grinning from ear to ear, stomach tightening and heart tingling with excitement as to whatever surprise that was waiting for me. I felt protected as my companion’s hand was wrapped around mine securely, providing me enough warmth to fight through the harsh cold wind that was sweeping pass me, making my hair dance along with it.

Everything felt imperfectly perfect.

“Are we there yet?” I felt myself ask.

“Have a little patience, little girl.” Now I can be sure it’s a guy.

A few more minutes of walking along the sand before the warmth enclosing my hand previously was gone, only to be replaced by something even better.

Hands sneakily s from behind, feeling my curves before they wrapped tightly around my waist.

“You can take it off now.” I felt warm hot breath on the left side of my neck, making me shiver unknowingly.

I found myself almost ripping the cloth into pieces, away from my face, and was met with the most unimaginable scene anyone can see.

A long rectangular table, decorated with a long white cloth over it, which swayed along with the breeze that comes every now and then. On the table there were plates and plates of delicious looking, and not to mention expensive cuisines, waiting for me to dig into and stuff myself silly.

Looking around, I knew I was right, we were at a beach.

I felt my smile grew wider, if that was even possible.

“I was thinking you might be missing your hometown food.” Another soft whisper into my ear before I realized all the food before me was all the popular dishes back in Singapore.

All my favourite food, right before me like I was back home.

“How did you get them? I was finding it and I couldn’t-”

He cut me off by spinning me around, catching me in a breathtaking kiss.

“I hope you like it.” He spoke against my lips before pulling away.

I was trying to get a glimpse of his face when it was intruded by light taps on my cheeks.

 

“Nicole-ah.” A faint voice swept across.

I opened my eyes.

No more beach.

No more beautiful night sky.

No more romantic, sweet gesture by the boy.

I was met with a glaring sunlight and a white, ugly room. Not only it’s ugly, it smelled of sickness and medicines.

It was only then I realize what it was before.

A dream.. Wait no, a beautiful dream.

That should explain everything.

“Yah you okay?” I hear the similarity of this voice to the one in my dream.

I turned to my right and saw Yong Junhyung, an odd familiar feeling rushed through me, like I’ve seen him somewhere.

Like he was important to me at some parts of my life.

But we knew each other back then, so having this feeling shouldn’t be weird I guess?

So I shrugged the thought off, nodded and sat up the bed with his help.

“Where am I?” My voice crooked, a total opposite to the one I had in the dream.

“Hospital, you hurt your head.”

“Why am I in the ho-” Ah oh, Kim Hyuna. I didn’t think I would play dirty. But who cares, I won didn’t I?

Another small memory flashes by and I started to laugh.

“I saw how worried you were.” I nudged Junhyung from the side.

“Yah you crazy?” He turned away.

I clutched onto the bandage wrapped around my head and pretended to be in pain.

“Oww.”

And as expected, he sat down on the bed, leaning my head towards his chest.

“You okay? Where does it hurt?”

I took a deep breath, how can someone smell so addictive?

“Told you, you care about me don’t you.” I smiled triumphantly.  

“YOU WERE FAKING IT?” He stood up and glared at me.

“I’m sorry.” I pouted towards him.

He sighed and sat down on the chair. “Don’t do it again, I’m serious.”

 

The door was pushed open from outside, revealing 5 boys, instantly making the peaceful ward noisy with all the mixed talking.

“Aigoo.” Yoseob sat down on the bed, where Junhyung sat on previously, reminding me of what happened a few minutes before.

Junhyung cares about me.

I smiled at the thought.

“Oh no, you’ve gone mad didn’t you.” Yoseob lifted my chin and stared right into my face.

I felt another wave of memories.

Ice-cream.

Linked arms.

Camera.

A sharp pain in my head, the injury only making it worse.

I took deep heavy breaths, as it should make it better because that was what the doctor told me.

And it did, thank god.

Silence filled the ward before I raised my head.

“Yoseob-ah,” I faced him. “We used to eat ice-cream, didn’t we?”

His eyes widened and his face lit up instantly.

“YOU REMEMBER?”

“Some parts of it, I guess.”

He wrapped his arms around me and swayed me from side to side, his laughter so contagious it made all of us laugh along.

“I bet you’ll remember everything soon.” Hyunseung patted my head and smiled.

I pulled away from the hug and nodded my head, yawning unconsciously.

“Let her sleep, we have schedules to go to.” Doojoon stood by the opened door.

Everyone, except Junhyung as usual, said their byes to me and left the ward.

Doojoon hadn’t move an inch from his spot as he stared towards me sternly.

“Why do you look so fierce, oppa?” I laughed at his seriousness.

But my laughter nearly dropped to zero and my smile disappeared as he said his last words before leaving.

The words that almost instantly pulled me straight from heaven to hell.

 

 

 

 

 

“I saw what happened between you and Hyuna. I was at the corridor too.”

 

 

.



A/N: I finished the chapter and was ready to update it when I accidentally pressed back and poof, everything was gone! So pissed that I had to retype it, sigh hope I hadn't missed anything out.

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DONGWOON OPPA! <3

@iHEARTjunhyung Hehe, let's hope she doesn't become too evil then. Thank you for commenting again! <3

@winterflowr Sorry for scaring you! Hehehe, I can't bear to make Hyuna evil, I love her too much.

@Jaimee Hehehe thank you! I think I like Hyuna more too :)

@Itzbecky4eva Thank you!!!! I like the old Nicole too, I don't even know why I made her so evil.

@kollfen Hehe you like it? Thank you!

@SeaTurtle She turned evil after a memory loss, hahaha. Actually I don't know what changed her, it kinda just happened when I wrote it.

@Blahh_Missy It's getting worse now.

@HanaSugarpuff Omg really! Hahaha I'm really bad at writing evil people though.. THANK YOU! <3

@shineekey Omg THANK YOUUUU! <3 Didn't think it was really good.

@dnakaram THANK YOU! <3 I guess she changed? Hehe.

@YulSicShippers Oh no sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough. Sorry for the trouble :(

@UnicornSwagg Really it did? I hope it reminded you of all the happy memories though :)

@parkminyoong Omo I'm so sorry for not making it clearer! Yes Nicole's the evil one, the chapter was wrote in Hyuna's POV. Sorry!

@nadiafantastic You're not silly. I didn't make it clear enough to be understood, sorry for making you read the chapter again and again. Thank you for the comment! <3

Have a happy day everybody! Love all of you ^_^