Yoon Doojoon

A second chance

Doojoon wonders how it feels to have a memory loss.

Maybe because Doojoon’s a leader, and has been one for a very long time, he’s always wondering about everything. He wonders how Yoseob can be so happy, so chirpy one moment, and so quiet and so emotional during another. He wonders why Kikwang’s so innocent and so gullible and he wonders if he gets cheated a lot. He wonders why Dongwoon can be the youngest and tallest at the same time. He wonders what is in Hyunseung’s head because he’s really weird and Doojoon wants to know why.

He wonders why Junhyung refuses to accept how his heart felt a year ago, and how he still refuses to do it now.

And recently, he’s been wondering how it feels to have a memory loss.

It was something he really doesn’t think and wonder about, because he knows it’s a scary thing. He feels that it must be scary to wake up one day, not knowing anyone, not knowing anything, and it must be scary to try to think of something but can’t because that’s just how amnesia works. He knows it’s scary but he still doesn’t have a single clue about it, because it was something that feels so far away, because no one in his life had encountered it, because he only sees it from TV dramas.

So when Nicole tells him that he doesn’t know how it feels, he kept quiet.

He kept quiet because she’s right, and because he’s too busy being confused and curious. Confused because he doesn’t know what has amnesia got to do with doing something bad to someone, and curious because he wonders if it did.

He wonders if losing memory is about losing just the memories, or losing more than that.

And Nicole breaks his chain of thoughts by telling him that he shouldn’t tell anyone the things she did to Hyuna, and she tells him that even if he did, she wouldn’t be afraid because no one will believe him anyway.

Doojoon thinks that in Nicole’s case, losing memory means losing a good personality too.



When he stops wondering, he starts worrying.

He watches as Junhyung sits on the couch in the waiting room with his phone in his hand, and he wonders how much more Junhyung’s heart can take before it crumbles down and he breaks and he snaps and he gives up. And Doojoon’s worried about that.

He’s worried but he doesn’t do anything because he knows that there’s nothing he can do, because Junhyung wouldn’t believe him, and he’s just going to be another Hyuna.

“Seob-ah.” And he nudges the person beside him.

“Hmm?”

“Hyuna wouldn’t do something like that to Nicole.”

There was a thoughtful pause and then he hears, “Nicole wouldn’t do something like that to Hyuna, too.”

“No, no. What I mean is, Hyuna’s too kind and too innocent to do something like that.”

“Nicole’s not evil either.”

“So you believe Nicole?”

“Doojoon-ah, does it matter who I believe?”

“It doesn’t?”

The vocalist shook his head and giggled and looks to another direction and jumps off his seat.

He turned to where Yoseob was running towards and sees Nicole stepping into the room, sees Nicole hugging Yoseob, sees Nicole smiling and laughing like the old Nicole he used to know. He sees Nicole walking over to Junhyung and hugging him and he sees Junhyung freezing in his spot.

He sees her coming towards him, all smiling and happy.

“Doojoon oppa,” She pressed the back of her palm against his forehead. “Oppa, are you stressed? You look really tired.”  

And he thinks that if amnesia didn’t take away her good personality, it must’ve given her an evil one because there’s no way she can interchange so quickly and so unexpectedly.

“I’m―I’m fine.” He doesn’t even know why he stutters, doesn’t even know why he’s feeling scared of her.

“I brought food with me, it might help you!” Nicole gives him the plate of dukbokki and he doesn’t know why he doesn’t dare to eat, doesn’t know why he’s concern if there might be poison in it.

One thing he knows for sure is, he’s glad Dongwoon’s here because he’s a full-time glutton and full-time gluttons like to snatch other people’s food to eat because their own share is never enough.

But when Dongwoon reaches to the last few pieces, he jumps up and snatches it back because he’s doesn’t want Dongwoon to get poisoned.

“No!” Dongwoon growls and pouts and whines and groans but Doojoon isn’t really listening because he was staring towards the couch area.

He isn’t listening because on the couch, on the damn couch, Nicole is feeding Junhyung, and Junhyung is allowing himself to be fed.

.

He sighs and leaves the room. He leaves because Doojoon doesn’t think he can handle someone like that, because he hasn’t tried handling one before.



He sees Hyuna outside the room.

And all of a sudden, he doesn’t feel so alone anymore.

Doojoon smiles and goes, “I believe you, Hyuna-ah. I believe you.”

And from the glister in Hyuna’s eyes, Doojoon is sure she doesn’t feel alone anymore too.

He sees Hyuna going into the room that he just came out from, and he walks even further away because he doesn’t think he’s going to want to know what’s going to happen in the room.

 


A/N: OMO I just totally have a new two-shot fiction that I personally think is pretty awesome given my lowly skilled writing and you should go check it out and I just uploaded the first half of it yesterday! I don't know, it's just, I'm excited and I don't know why.

It's about Yong Junhyung and haahaha because what's new right.

Would really appreciate if you'll go have a look and if best, comment because I need opinions about it! Link's here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/50226/the-silly-and-the-stupid-b2st-beast-junhyung

Thank you! And hope you like this chapter although it's short and you know, kind of weird because I never wrote about Doojoon before. Just thought I'll give it a try ^_^

@b2utyful08 Omo, you cannot not have anything to comment because I like to read your comments! Hehehe thank you :>

@aremoyoona No please don't torture me! Hyuna's going to be a nice girl in this story and it'll be good if Junhyung falls in love with her, you know. Hehehe, I'll think about it :>

@dnakaram Yes she can't because Junhyung is mine yours! Hehehe ^_^

@Hequella It isn't easy to find Singapore food in anywhere and even if you do, I guess it's going to be really, really expensive. Yups she is! Thank you for commenting~ ^^

@shine_star Calm down! Hehehe and thank you for reading and commenting on my other fic, I love you so much! <3

@flamingjoker OMG you know, that is exactly how I feel too! So now I'm confused and is starting to think that Nicole shouldn't get her memories back because it's just going to make everything worse.

@iHEARTjunhyung I think Hyuna's going to suffer again and again because she's the victim and that's what happens to victims isn't it? Aigo thank you for commenting!!! <3

@joannemarie93 All the possibilities that you've listed have just become my options to consider so thank you for inspiring me! Hehehe and I think you're as amazing as, if not more,  than this story! <3

@shineekey I guess she sort of did, Nicole will.. try her best to stop it from happening I guess? Hehehe thank you for commenting <3

I just realize Doojoon's full name have like 11 letters and 6 of them are Os. Hahaha okay have a nice week ahead! I loveeeeee you all ^^~