Truth

A second chance

The initial plan is simple—it’s simple and easy but while it’s simple and easy, it requires a lot of courage so Nicole is afraid. She’s scared less when the lift rings and she steps out of it, walks down the corridor, along the different doors towards the one at the far end and she stops.






Nicole thinks that life probably finds it amusing to play with her.

She thinks that it’s never fair so life might (but she’s quite sure) be laughing when she comes face to face with the person she least expects to see.

"Why are you here?” She grabs Hyuna’s arm and turn her around, the other instinctively tries to struggle out from the tight grip.

“I asked you why are you here!” Nicole gritted her teeth and tightened her fingers.

“Yah let go of me.” Hyuna pushes her off and rubs on her arm. “Junhyung called me here for breakfast.”



Life is never fair for Nicole because Junhyung (and the rest of them) never calls her for breakfast. It’s never fair and she knows that she deserves more because as far as she knows, and heard, the boys were really close with her back then and close friends ask each other out for breakfasts don’t they?

It’s not like she wants to go because even if Junhyung did ask, she obviously wouldn’t go because she obviously doesn’t like him that much. Obviously.

“Don’t you have breakfast in your own dorm? Don’t you know how to cook?”

“How is my ability to cook any of your concern?”

Nicole hears faint footsteps coming from the other side of the door and before she could reply (she doesn’t really have a reply to start with so she’s glad), she raises her hand and slaps herself across the face as the door opens.

Hyuna widens her eyes.

Kikwang screams.

“Hyuna.” Nicole covers her face and starts sniffing. “I told you I’m here to look for Yoseob, I’m not going to snatch Junhyung away, why won’t you believe me?”

Hyuna widens her eyes even further.

Kikwang stares at her.

“I didn’t do it!”

“Hyuna-ah, I didn’t say you did it.”

“It’s really not—”

“Then who is it?” Junhyung stood at the doorway, staring right at Hyuna. “I don’t see anyone else here.”

“It’s not me! She was the one who slapped herself!”

“Kim Hyuna.”

“Don’t you believe me?”

He turns away and took Nicole’s hand in his and leads her into the dorm.

“Come on, you need medicine on your face.”



“Yong Junhyung,” Hyuna runs in and pushes her away from him. “It’s not me!”

“I don’t want to listen anymore.”

“Why can’t you see that she’s changed? She’s not the same person anymore!”

“Shut up!”

“She has a point.” Hyunseung walks out the bedroom towards the kitchen and takes a drink before turning and looking straight at Nicole.

“How much strength did you used this time? I see you’ve bruised yourself pretty badly.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She breathes heavily.

“Nicole-ah, I’m not Doojoon, so I’m not going to keep quiet about it.”

“Keep quiet about what?” Junhyung furrows her eyebrows.

Hyunseung smiles and leans towards the kitchen table. “I don’t have to be present to know that Hyuna hasn’t even laid a finger on her face, or anywhere else for that matter.”

Doojoon and Dongwoon was already out the room and gasping.

“Are you telling me that she’s gone crazy and slapped herself?” Junhyung looks at him.

“You can continue being stupid and not believe me, but Hyuna doesn’t deserve this.”

“I didn’t.” Nicole tugs Junhyung’s arm. “I didn’t, oppa, I didn’t.”

He looks at her.

“I believe you.”



“I don’t believe this.” Doojoon mutters under his breath when he sees Hyuna’s eyes getting red, fists clenching as if trying to hold her tears in.

“I don’t believe this,” He repeats it loud enough for everyone to hear him this time. “Junhyung-ah, Hyuna is hurt. It’s not right anymore.”

“I don’t understand why are all of you siding her, don’t we already know what kind of a person Nicole is? She’ll never do something as stupid as hurting herself.”

“I’m asking you one last time,” Hyuna whispers. “Do you believe me or her?”

Junhyung looks at Nicole.

And he smiles.

Hyuna merely nods, her tears slipping off down her face. “I was stupid to think that I could make you like me, but after so long, it seems like I overestimated myself.”

She runs towards the door but was stopped by a grip on her shoulders.



“Don’t go,” Yoseob smiles warmly and wipes her tears away with his thumb. “I’m with you, Hyuna-ah.”

And he looks straight towards Nicole.

“I couldn’t sleep last night.” He sighs. “I laid on my bed thinking, and I told myself what you did was understandable and forgivable because you probably likes Junhyung too much and didn’t think it through.”

“Yoseob-ah.” Nicole bites down on her lips and looks down towards the ground.

“But for you to repeat it, that’s not cool anymore. It’s not like that, it’s not the right thing to do if you keep hurting everyone else. You might’ve forgotten what kind of a person you were, but don’t, don’t become worse because it hurts me to see you changed into someone I do not ever want to see you become.”

Nicole doesn’t know what kind of a person she is, or the friendship she shared with all of them, but one thing she knows—the only thing she knows is, Yoseob had been the one that cared about her the most when she was here and hearing him say this, knowing that she had hurt him, no other pain can ever measure up to it.

“I want to believe you, and I really wanted to re-build the friendship we had but first of all, I need to find the Nicole that I knew back, the one that I liked and enjoyed spending time with.”





“Nicole-ah,” Junhyung looks at her and whispers. “Is it true?”





“I’m sorry.” She breaks away from him. “I’m sorry.”





She runs out the dorm.





The initial plan is simple—it’s simple and easy because all she needs to do is to apologize to Yoseob and promise never to do it again.

She broke it even before it became a promise.

And Nicole doesn’t have to execute the plan anymore because now, no amount of sorrys and I-won’t-do-it-agains can ever be enough to salvage it.

 


A/N: Okay now I know I'm REALLY, REALLY bad at writing chapters that involves a lot of conversations. This chapter , I can't even bring myself to edit it into something I would be happy with because I just at this T__T

@yume9111 THANK YOU ^.^ But uhm, sad to say, I might be bringing the old Nicole back.. :|

@shineekey We'll have to see :)

@f_mama Yes omg Yoseob, he's my bias but I always end up making him in a sad and depressed situation in all the stories that I wrote T__T

@dnakaram Nobody can hurt Yoseob because he's just too precious T__T

@ChickenLover YES JUNHYUNG TWEETED THAT and I spazzed although you can't really see since his blanket is covering him :|