Forgiving

A second chance

Hyunseung thinks that everyone who knows Lee Kikwang on the surface level probably only knew all the obvious facts about him—all of them knew that Kikwang is hot (because of those chocolate abs), that Kikwang is attractive (because of the way his body moves when he dances), that Kikwang is charismatic (because of the way his voice sounds when he sings) and that Kikwang is cute (because of how his eyes closes into two tiny slits each time he smiles and laughs).

Most people knew all of that, but he feels that those who had taken a step further in knowing Kikwang—people like him, like the other members, like his family and friends—those are the people that sees Kikwang a little differently from everyone else. They still see the hot and attractive and charismatic and cute, they still see all of them but they see something more. They see something more beneath that set of abs and body and voice and face that anyone who didn't take that extra step would never have noticed.

They see pure and innocent and gullible beneath all of that.

It’s like an illness. It’s not a problem if it’s just a common flu because Kikwang, despite being a young kid in the wrong body, is never something that brings really serious implications and that’s just the way he is so it’s not wrong.

Wrong only comes when it becomes an epidemic because it’s highly contagious.

It’s disturbing when it spreads to Son Dongwoon because he’s the maknae and all maknaes are still learning from their hyungs so all of them have a weak immune system which means they are always next in line to get caught with the disease.

They are always next in line, so Hyunseung sees a bit of Kikwang in Dongwoon. They are similar but there's still a slight difference between the two because while Kikwang might be at level 500 of pure and innocent and gullible (he's still leveling up and Hyunseung finds it ridiculous), Dongwoon would be at level 400.

He's never higher than Kikwang but it's not like he's not leveling up too.





By now, Hyunseung isn't surprised anymore (because he had received enough surprises to be immune to them) but he still finds it plain absurd (although he has learnt that absurd is Kikwang's second name) that the comfortable silence in the van after Inkigayo’s recording ended was intruded (everyone is tired and everyone wants to rest) by Kikwang’s pure and innocent and gullible.

"Guys, I think. I think that maybe,” He fidgets. “Maybe she’s learnt her mistake."

Hyunseung thinks that he just reached level 1000.

And because of Dongwoon’s weak immune system, what generally follows is version 2 of pure and innocent and gullible.

He nods in agreement. "There’s no need to treat her so badly."

Hyunseung feels like dying.





It's already unbelievable—ridiculously unthinkable and incredible beyond belief—that Kikwang and Dongwoon sees Nicole and still acts the way they usually do around her. Hyunseung knows that he might be able to do that as well but he just isn’t sure if he can do it without remembering all the things she had done. He isn't sure if he can still smile the way he always does (even if he and Nicole isn't really that close in the first place) after knowing all the things she did but it's not like he's going to find out because Nicole doesn't really deserve the try.

It's already unbelievable that both Kikwang and Dongwoon is forgiving like that but it has gone pass the unbelievable and going into near impossible when he hears Kikwang humming an unfamiliar tone (one that he probably composed in that weird mind of his) as he slips his shoes on.

"Kwang-ah." Doojoon walks out from the bedroom, yawning and ruffling his already ruffled hair because why does he look so hot even when he just woke up? "Where are you going?"

"To visit Nicole." He says as if that's perfectly understandable except to Hyunseung it's not because he still hasn't gotten over the absurdness of it yet. "It's been long, I want to see how she's doing."

"Hmm." Doojoon walks and plops down next to Hyunseung on the couch and he hears a quiet sigh from the leader.

"Besides," Kikwang crosses over the mountain of shoes all piled up messily and opens the door. "I kind of miss her, you know."

Hyunseung throws the controller on the floor because being able to level up so quickly in the game of Kikwang's pure and innocent and gullible is an insult to his intelligence.





Hyunseung isn't really all that interested in finding out if he can be friends with Nicole because not only it's unnecessary, he feels that Kikwang and Dongwoon is already doing a pretty decent job at it and it's just, he would rather spend his time practicing for the new dance steps because it's not like he's already good at it so he needs to practice and improve and he can't think about anything else because he doesn't have the time to and—

"Hyung." Dongwoon dashes out from the kitchen with his phone in his hand.

Everyone stares.

"Hyung." He repeats, voice shaking. "Nicole—hospital—Kikwang-hyung called and—fever—too high—not sure—Hyung."

Junhyung grabs his jacket and dashes out the dorm.





To be honest, he isn't just immune to surprises from Kikwang but basically all of them because that's how adaptive one needs to be if one wants to live with them and yet stay sane at the same time. It's not surprising, totally not shocking to see Doojoon and Yoseob and Dongwoon and Junhyung looking worried and anxious and scared (though on varying degrees because Junhyung looks like he could kill someone right now and Hyunseung is scared because he doesn’t want to die without mastering the new dance steps which he would’ve otherwise mastered if all of this did not happen) as they stood in the lift.

All 5 of them can no longer surprise Hyunseung but if there's one kind of surprise he has yet to learnt to be immune from, it's the kind he gives to himself.

Because no matter how he disagrees each time someone accuses him of being the epitome of 4D-ness (accuses because he's clearly the least weird out of the 6 of them. Clearly), he knows that everyone will still, at one point or another, have their moment of 4D-ness.

So he's pretty much shocked and surprised when he looks at his reflection on the lift's door and sees worried and anxious and scared (probably not as intense because Hyunseung, unlike Junhyung, doesn’t really know how to kill people) looking back at him.





Kikwang was waiting outside the ward with a camera in his hand and Hyunseung thinks that Kikwang is starting to develop stupid and he hopes it doesn’t become an epidemic (just like the others) because Doojoon would then have a hard time handling both Kikwang and Dongwoon being stupid.

"Yah." He straightens up when he sees them approaching and passes the camera over. "Yah look at this."

"I went back to look for her identification documents because the hospital needs it and I found this. There were like, so many admission tickets to all the music shows on the table."

"There's like," Doojoon clicks next and next and next and next. "a serious case of discrimination going on here. Why are there so many shots of Junhyung?”

The rapper is already halfway into the ward.

She was lying on the bed with her eyes closed and although her breathing is ragged and unsteady, she looked peaceful sleeping and her cheeks are as rosy as Hyunseung last remembered but she seems to have been skinner and he doesn't really like it.

Nicole opens her eyes when she hears the door being pushed open and she stares at all of them. She stares and stares and stares and then blinks and blinks and blinks before letting out a weak and tiny laugh.

Hyunseung sees Junhyung's shoulder relaxing ever since it tightened up 40 minutes ago when they left the dorm.

"How is it possible," She coughs and chokes as Yoseob instinctively helps her into a sitting position. "that someone can have a fever which goes pass 40 degrees?"

"It's possible if that someone is stupid enough to not visit the doctor once she finds out that she's sick." Yoseob sits down on the chair beside the bed and crosses his hands in disapproval.

"I did." Nicole retorts, voice a little playful this time. "But the meds didn't work."

Hyunseung sees Junhyung leaning onto the wall at the left side of the bed, looking at Nicole and keeping silent the whole time. He never once shift his glance away from her and whenever she turns to look at him while everyone else is busy ("Doojoon-hyung, can you shift more to the right, there's like no more space on the couch." and "Dongwoon-ah, why are you so fat." and "Hyung, I've been going to the gym with Kikwang-hyung."), she smiles a tiny smile but the rapper would just continue to stare.

She would then give a small pout and continue listening to Yoseob complaining about how the doctor she visited should be sued because how dare he prescribe medicines that don't work?

"I—uhm." Junhyung finally injects through all the noises. "I'm going back to the dorm." He took one last glance at her and walks out the ward.





He bumps into Hyuna as he turns into the corner.

"Oppa, where are you going?"

"Home."

"Wait—what—how is Nicole? Why aren't you inside with the rest?"

"She’s fine."

She sighs. "I already told her to bring more heating pads."

"Heating pads?"

"Oppa, your performances are always one of the last few, she's going to stand in the cold for very long."

"She," He pauses, raising his eyebrows. "went to our performances?"

"Each and every one of them." Hyuna corrects. "So it's kind of your fault now that she's here, and you're running away?"

"I'm not running away."

"You're not, so you're going back in with me."

"I already told you she's fine."

"Doesn't mean that you stop worrying about her."

"Why would I worry about her? She can take care of herself."

"She wouldn't be here if she was."

"Then she should go back to her family."

"Except she isn't."

"Yah Kim Hyuna," Junhyung frowns. "You're my girlfriend, and you're asking me to worry about another girl?"

She merely smiles and pulls (drags) him down the hallway back into the ward.





Hyuna walks in with a bag full of food on her left hand and Junhyung on her right and Hyunseung realizes that Kim Hyuna is another kind of surprise he hasn't been immune to because she brought Yong Junhyung back.

She actually brought Yong Junhyung, the stupid and always so depressed and what the hell is in his stupid brain anyway, back and that alone is admirable and unbelievable to Hyunseung.

So he lets out a laugh, one that he didn't prepare an explanation for because it was involuntary and it just came out of his mouth suddenly so his brain punches his mouth because brain is tired and can no longer produce an explanation good enough for everyone to be impressed with so they would stop calling him 4D because if they don't stop, it would cause another war and his heart and lungs and stomach and kidneys and liver would then throw arrows at brain because they are clearly not 4D at all.

Hyunseung pretty much would like to trade organs with Yoseob because they seem to live with each other perfectly fine without any conflicts whatsoever and he cannot understand why his own organs can't do the same.

And if Yoseob says no, he might even consider Kikwang because naïve and simple-minded organs are still much better than overly smart ones like his.

Everyone stares at him and waits, and his brain is now kicking and throwing daggers and he swears he's going to research into making explosives because mouth really needs to be taught a lesson.

Except brain has yet to be successful with the explosives so the mouth hasn't yet learnt his lessons so he took over right there and then and—





—"Kwang-ah, you're already in level 3500. You know that?"

Doojoon faints.

 


A/N: I've never had so much fun writing about POVs omfgawd Jang Hyunseung I worship you. Not only do you look so much more prettier than me even though I'm the girl and you're the boy and this is so ridiculous, you've also given me the least hurdles while writing and I love you so much.

Did anyone even notice ninja!KiWoon because I did T^T

@ChickenLover Junhyung is being even more #@!$#@%#@$!@ in this chapter and omfgawd what have I done to him. Hyuna will become more and more kind like it's not even funny. It's as if I'm trying to offset all the evil Hyunas that had been written in other stories. By the way bb, are you trying to murder me with your Yoseob story? Because I sense a bad ending coming T^T

@shineekey I hate you (no I love you but I hate you simultaneously) because why are always so spot-on with your guesses? I can't give you surprises anymore and cliffhangers will no longer work on you, my life is over T^T Oh and, more KiWoon specially for you in this chapter ^-^

@SeaTurtle I LOVE YOUR FANFIC FREAK MODE. I actually have 2 versions of the endings (one for Hyuna and one for Nicole but Yoseob is a good option to write too because I ship JunSeob T^T) and I'm waiting for your amazing b2st fic ^-^

@parkminyoong Thank you for your patience you're so amazing ^-^

@f_mama Omg whuat o.o You're not serious are you? And THANK YOU T____T

@Protagonist THANK YOU ^-^

@SHieMa I was never involved in writing.. Like, I've majored in science and now I'm majoring in business and arts are always my minor topics but now that writing is growing on me, I might consider it when I apply for university next year omfgthisissoconfusing. You'll be a great writer in the future ^-^ And your compliment made me so happy it's literally like I-want-to-jump-around-and-hug-everyone kind of happy. THANK YOU T^T

Have a wonderful week everyone! I'm taking back my grades T^T letmedierightnow. <3