Waiting room

A second chance

Nicole usually doesn’t linger at the doorway.

What usually happens is her walking into the room without checking who’s inside, because she doesn’t care about it at all. She doesn’t bother checking, doesn’t wonder if she’s here at an inappropriate time, and she doesn’t even think if she’ll get chased out because this isn’t a shopping mall. This isn’t a shopping mall so she cannot just walk in whenever she want except she does because she doesn’t give a damn.

She doesn’t give a damn so normally she would just stroll into the room like it’s perfectly normal to do so.

Except today isn’t normally so she’s lingering at the doorway, arms crossed as she leaned against the wall near the door and she stares into the waiting room towards Doojoon. She stares at Doojoon because she’s going to make sure he doesn’t run away this time when he sees her because that's what he always do.

She doesn’t like how he’s ignoring her.

Not especially now when she knows about it.



“Siblings?” Nicole blinked curiously as Yoseob puffed his cheeks and deflated them and puffed them up again before wrapping his arms around her neck and tugged her forward.

“Doojoon practically treats you like his little sister.”



Nicole faked a few cough and waited.

She waits for Doojoon to turn around and look at her with the same expression as with the past few weeks. The same expression that she couldn’t really decipher what it meant because her deciphering skills, if she even had one, is long gone with her memories. They are long gone but from the time they are gone till now, she had ample time to learn that this expression wasn’t anything positive.

It isn’t anything positive, isn’t anything negative so it’s like the uncertain type that belongs to the grey area in between. And the exact things that gets on her nerves is all things in the grey area because her life is already filled with so many things she’s confused about, there isn’t a need for another one.



“Recording?” Nicole steps into the room.

“Yeah.” Doojoon turns around, slipping his phone back into his bag and picking up the mic from the dresser. “Yeah.”

“I want to talk.”

Doojoon froze in his spot. “Me?”

“Yeah.” She pursed her lips. “Yeah, you.”

He sets his mic back, leaning onto the dresser and looks back at her. “What about?”

From the way he looks, Nicole knows he’s nervous. Nicole knows that Doojoon probably thinks this is another tell-the-rest-about-me-and-Hyuna-and-you’re-dead talk so she knows he can’t wait to escape and run away from a scary person like her and because―

“If it’s about that, I did not tell the rest.”

“It’s not about that.” She slumps down onto the couch and faces him. “It’s just, I don’t want to spend another afternoon hearing Yoseob talk about how weird you are anymore.”

Doojoon’s eyebrows raised and dropped and they were pulled together in confusion.

“Yoseob feels that there’s something wrong with you, something wrong about the way you’re treating me and he thinks that this shouldn’t be the way because for the past year you’ve been telling him how much you misses me and now that I’m back, you’re not treating me like you should be and it’s confusing him.”

He doesn't talk.

Nicole laughed. “Look, I don’t know how this works. I don’t know how close we were, how sibling-like we were, but I just don’t want anyone to think that I’ve changed.”

Doojoon pondered for awhile before he realized what she was saying and he frowns. “You’re not telling me that I should treat you like how I used to.”

“It’s not like I’m going to enjoy that, you know.”

He slides down onto the chair and if there are any remains of her deciphering skills, Doojoon’s expression should be that of a disappointment, or somewhere along that line.

“Do you like him, the way Hyuna does?”

“I don’t know how deep her feelings towards him is, but I guess mine will never be as deep as hers.”

Doojoon widened his eyes and his mouth dropped open as soon as they closed back and his eyes widened even further. “Then why?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged and leaned back onto the couch. “Maybe I just don’t like losing.”



Nicole doesn’t know because there's just something about Yong Junhyung.

It's that something about him that keeps Nicole from being sane, keeps her from logical thinking. 

It's that something that had her doing all the things she did without the slightest bit of guilt, without the slightest bit of sorry as she keeps doing them because that's just what Junhyung is capable of making her do.

It's that something that made her lose all her senses.

That something that she thinks could be anything but love because she just can’t be loving someone she barely even knows.



“You should be glad.” Doojoon stood up, picking up his mic again and making his way towards the door.

“About?”

“That I was the one here hearing you say this and not Junhyung, or Yoseob.”

“Why?”

He stood at the doorway, turning around and looking at her with that grey-area-expression again. “Because if it was, it wouldn’t be just disappointment that they’ll have, it’ll be so much more than that.”



Junhyung walks as fast as he could.

He walks and walks and walks pass the coffee machine, pass the vending machine, pass all the different waiting rooms down the hallway towards the backstage and stood beside Yoseob and he clenches his fist, clenches his fists making his fingernails dig into his skin because he wishes the pain can somehow, somehow be stronger than the one in his heart and then he’ll be able to forget about it.

“Junhyung-ah.” The vocalist’s hand was on his shoulder. “Where is he?”

“Where’s who?” He shrugged the hand off.

“Doojoon, I thought you went to get him?”


Junhyung clenches his fists even tighter.

 


A/N: First and foremost, I'M SO SORRY.

I totally disappeared from the face of earth because of Junhyung and Hara I was having my mid-year exams for the past two weeks and I was too brain-fried to do anything else because exams meant memorizing and the things that I'm studying requires so much memorizing I was literally on the verge of pulling all my hairs out except I didn't because I recently spent a bomb at the salon so I can't.

But I swore the past two weeks was a freaking piece of hell and I'm so glad I went through it without murdering any of my classmates because that would be sad, really. 

And what's with Junhyung and Hara omg I'm so confused because I like Hara the most in Kara because I don't really know anybody else in there except maybe Nicole because I have a friend who's like crazy over her and I personally think that Hara is really funny and cute so now I can't be one of those angsty b2uty and start cursing them because I really like them both and my friends who are fellow b2uties are like mourning over the whole relationship thing and in the end I decided to just ignore it because it's non of my business who Junhyung wants to be with because he's not mine because I belong to Yoseob and uhm, ok.

Hallelujah. 

@aremoyoona Your comment broke mah heart too, I'm so sorry for making you feel like that so as an apology, I'm promising you that no matter what happened and will be happening, they'll eventually lead to a happy ending although I'm still thinking how the hell am I going to make that happen so don't you worry! I love you, don't be sad anymore ^^

@dnakaram Me is Yoseob bias toooooooooooo oh my gawd.

@SeaTurtle Yes but I'm preferring Doojoon more because it just seems nicer to me. And zomg please don't ask me what happen after the kiss because I have no idea like seriously, my mind is blocked about that. YOU READ MY TWO-SHOT $#$#$^@@#%$@$@% UMPF YOU'RE ONE AMAZING PERSON BECAUSE OF THAT *sobs*  I will update that like as soon as I can.

@shine_star ZOMG YOU'RE ANOTHER AMAZING PERSON JUST LIKE @SEATURTLE BECAUSE YOU BOTH READ THE TWO-SHOT GAWD MY LIFE IS COMPLETE NAO. Sorry for the late update!

@joannemarie93 Hehehe keep guessing! And enlighten me/give me ideas because my brain is so fried nowadays it's ridiculous.

@shineekey Sorry for the late update :)

@f_mama ZOMG tell me about it! Hyuna just isn't the bad girl in my opinion so I can only write her as the simple, pure and innocent person because I think she is exactly like that irl. My dear new reader, welcome and sorry I almost made you cry with the previous story and I love love love you <3

@hermibc You're like, the first person (and probably the only one) who wants Hyuna with Junhyung. I have like no idea what's going to happen next but I don't think Hyuna is going to end up sad because I don't know if I can bear to make that happen but we'll see :)

@parkminyoong Patience darling! It's only chapter 8 ^_^

OKAY GOODBYE EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!