The Flashback

SHINee Over Flowers

“Should we just go back?” Luna whispered.

“Ani, they already know we’re here. If we leave now, they’re gonna be suspicious of us,” Amber whispered back.

“Uh... So do you want to come in?” Sulli asked politely. Then, an idea struck Amber.

“Of course we do!” Amber said in a rude tone and walked in. Luna and Victoria walked in after her.

“We saw the photo Jessica posted. What are you guys doing here, with these... people?” Amber asked as she made disgusted face and nudged Victoria and Luna lightly.

“...Yea! It must be really uncomfortable sitting in this small house,” Victoria scrunched up her nose.

“Then get out of here!” Krystal yelled.

“How did you know where they lived?” Key asked.

“W-we... we obviously know everything about everyone in the school, duh!” Amber said.

“Get out of here!” Krystal yelled again.

“What are you going to do? Kick us out with that broken leg of yours? Haha!” Luna laughed.

“Hey, this was because of your beloved CHOI MINHO, okay?!”

“Don’t drag me into this situation!” Minho frowned.

“Well, it is your fault!”

“Stop it, you guys!” Taemin said before Minho could answer back.

“No, don’t stop them Taem, this is fun!” Jonghyun laughed.

“It’s not funny, hyung!”

“You think this is so funny, huh?!” Krystal shouted.

The argument just got worse and worse. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She can’t possibly just yell at them. She thought to herself that she might even get bullied back in school if she does that.

“YAH! Shut up, everybody. I’m hungry!” Onew shouted. Everybody went silent as they all stared at Onew weirdly.

“I’m gonna go cook,” Jessica finally said.

“No way, you’re gonna burn up the whole kitchen,”

“I’ll help her,” Sulli said and walked off.

“Yah, Servant Choi, you should go help too.”

“Shut up, I don’t want to.”

“Do it.”

“No.”

“Do it or else-“

“Or esle wha-“

“Just shut up, already.” Sulli shouted from the kitchen.

Everybody else sat down in the living room awkwardly. They quietly watched Hello Counsellor that was on KBS World. The tension in that small room was overwhelming.

“We clearly have tons of concerns here, too,” Krystal gritted her teeth.

“Oh really what is it, Jung Soo Jung? Is it because you’re pathetic since you can’t walk anymore?” Amber rolled her eyes.

“Or maybe it’s because some intruders came over and ruined the visit,” Key stared at the three of them.

“Don’t call me by that name, Josephine. And by the way, you guys weren’t invited either.”

“Hey, I was helping you!” Key frowned.

“Seriously, guys? My tummy’s already upset from the hunger, stop making it worse.” Onew pouted.

The three of them slumped down in their chair as they folded their arms, unsatisfied.

After a few minutes, there was funny smell from the kitchen.

“What in the world is happening in the kitchen?!” Krystal shouted.

“Nothing! Everything’s fine!” Sulli answered back.

Victoria instantly stood up and walked off to the kitchen.

“What is she doing?” Key asked.

“She’s probably gonna help cook. She can’t stand it when people can’t cook properly.

“You’re telling me... she can cook?” Key sniggered.

“Yea, you got a problem with that?”

“Uh, no” Key was taken aback. Everyone else was kind of staring at Amber. It was unexpected that she did that since she’s part of the Awesome Girls that supposedly adores F5. Though, Amber did not realise this. Luna was getting worried that F5 might suspect something weird about them and find out their deep secret which was hard for all three of them to take in themselves.

About a week ago, after Amber decided that she has to leave Krystal’s house because it’s causing too much burden. She went back to her own house, thinking that maybe her stepdad won’t be home since there’s no reason to come back since she’s not there anymore to be a his victim. Amber walked into the house. It was quiet. She went into her room and lied down in her bed for a while. Then, someone barged through her room door.

It was her stepdad. She could not escape anymore. He pinned her down onto the bed and attempted to take her clothes off with his teeth. Amber felt like puking from the strong alcohol smell. Amber struggled under him. Finally, she managed to kick him in his crotch. She grabbed her bag and attempted to make a run out of the house but he held onto her leg as he grabbed his aching crotch with the other hand.

Amber kicked him in the face but he managed to dodge and pulled her down to the floor by the hand. He slapped her, hard and tore her clothes off. She was losing energy. He pulled her pants down and was about to his pants until someone knocked on the door.

Amber’s stepdad groaned and stood up. He buttoned his pants and stomped to the door. Amber shakily stood up, pulled her pants back up and threw a jacket over herself. She then ran past her stepdad and the rent collector. He was about to stop her but the rent collector stopped him and forced him to pay up. Amber just kept on running. She could hear her stepdad's yelling grow softer.

She ran back to Krystal’s apartment but Krystal was in the hospital and Jessica was over there too. She was devastated and desperate for somewhere to hide. She had no one else except Luna and Victoria. Knowing that Luna once said she lives somewhere around the same area, she dialled her number.

“Hey Amber!”

“Sun Young, can I go over to you house?”

“W-why?”

“I’ll tell you when I get there. I really need a place,”

“I don’ think you-“

“Please. I’m begging you...” Amber started sobbing. Luna have never seen Amber acting this way. She instantly felt bad and told Amber her exact address, risking her secret.

Amber quickly ran off to Luna’s house. It was totally not the way Amber expected it to be. It was small, just like hers but cleaner. She knocked on the door, unsure whether it was really Luna’s house. Luna opened the door and invited her in. Amber could see Luna looked insecure about her living condition and was scared.

“So... w-why did you have to come over so bad?” Luna asked nervously

“My dad was me.” Amber’s voice broke. She started crying. Luna’s insecurities and fear went away. She went over to Amber and hugged her tightly. After Amber stopped, they confessed their own flaws in their lives. Both of them felt greatly relieved.

“Now what are we supposed to tell Victoria?” Amber sniffed.

“I don’t know... Do you think she’ll tell the whole school?”

“Probably? So we should keep this a secret?”

“Actually... There are people who knew about me already.”

“Who?”

“Krystal and Sulli...”

“You too?”

Luna nodded.

The next time they came home from school, they walked home together, forgetting that Victoria doesn’t know they live together now.

“Are you guys hanging out after school without me?” Victoria caught up with them.

“U-uh... we didn’t want to tell you this but we wanted to buy you a gift,” Luna smiled.

“Aww, really? But a gift for what?”

“For... being our friend!”

“Really? Why so sudden?”

“Uh.. uh... I just realised how much you changed my life since... the three of us became friends.”

“Whut? Luna, you sound weird,” Victoria said honestly.

“M-my throat doesn’t feel that good recently.”

“I actually meant the way to talk...”

“She sounds fine, Vic,” Amber said, trying to cover Luna up.

“You guys are being so weird today, whatever. I need to go now. Get me something good, okay! Bye!” Victoria waved and rushed off.

Both of them sighed in relief as they waved back.

“Now what are we supposed to buy for her?” Amber asked.

“I don’t know, I don’t have enough money for extra gifts.”

“Neither do I. If we don’t get her something she’ll know we were lying.”

“We’ll earn that money.”

“You have a job?”

“Almost every day after school I sing along the streets remember?”

“Right. I’ll rap then.”

They worked hard and earned enough to get a small toy.

After school the next day, Victoria noticed that they went together again. They were looking around a lot and seemed like they were rushing. Her younger sister will be fine at her neighbour’s house just a little longer so she decided to follow them secretly. Finally, they entered the house. Victoria thought that maybe they were visiting someone so it would be okay to just jump in as a surprise. So, she did.

“Annyeong!” Victoria chirped. Her smile faded as she noticed that Luna did not look happy to see her there. Both Amber and Luna stared at Victoria, frozen.

“Wae?” Victoria asked, cluelessly.

“Who’s house are you guys visiting?” She asked again.

Luna and Amber stayed silent.

“Guys?”

“I-It’s... It’s my house,” Luna whispered.

Amber’s eye widened. She awaited the moment Victoria leaves them and tells the whole school about them. Victoria did not know what to say. They finally let her come in and explained everything because lying was just not right in their friendship. After they were done, Victoria hugged them both.

“I understand.”

“You do?” Amber said.

Victoria nodded with tears in her eyes and told them her story.

“The food’s ready!”

Luna snapped out of her flashback.
 


Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it! Thank you for subscribing and commenting :D

You guys are the best (Y)

(Happy Belated Birthday, Minho keke) 

Byeeeeee

Love you guys 

-aiscream                  10/12/13