Double truth?

SHINee Over Flowers

 

Krystal’s POV

“Amber?!?!” both of us exclaimed in unison. We did not expect to see the popular tomboy of our school to be crying in the toilet… She just took the ice cream from my hand and munched on it hungrily. Her eyes were swollen. She seems to be really depressed with something.

When she was done, she looked up and said, “Thanks.” Then, she stared at me. “Hey, aren’t you that girl? Why are you helping me when I bullied you?” I kept quiet for a while, thinking of the same thing. “I don’t know why… But, I think helping is just comes naturally to us.” I said. She just nodded and then smiled at us. Silence took over our conversation. Sulli decided to break the silence and said, “Aren’t you going home? Aren’t your parents gonna be mad or something?”

Amber suddenly burst into tears again. I patted her back, trying to comfort her. Sulli just stared at her confusingly. Truthfully, I was confused to. Did the questions bother her so much? She cried uncontrollably. I pulled her into a hug. She seems to need a shoulder to cry on… Sulli just kept quiet, scared to say anything wrong. Surprisingly, Amber hugged me back. Wow, where are her friends during this situation that she is facing? Where’s Victoria? Where’s Luna? 

After a few minutes, she finally pulled away and decided to share about her problems. She admitted that her problem is really bothering her and wish to share it with somebody. I bet it is one of those hidden secrets in her like what Luna’s hiding before…

“Sorry I got your uniform wet. Thanks anyway. You guys are such good friends to have,” Amber said. We just smiled. Deep inside, I asked myself, “Isn’t Victoria and Luna her friends? Well, even if it’s a secret, I bet there was once when they really helped her in something right?”

Amber began, “So… I used to live happily with my dad and mum in Sans Francisco. Well, I was brought up in China but lived in Sans Francisco when I was about 8. Then one day, my parents got into a huge fight because my mum found out that my dad was cheating on her. My mum decided to take revenge and went online to find a boyfriend. Damn, I was really annoyed but she was my mum. I couldn’t really do anything. She finally found a Korean boyfriend. They fell in love and decided to get married so my mum and I came here. They got married. I got a stepfather. He only married my mum to get her money. One night, my mum died of a sudden death. I used to think it was his fault but he was out somewhere when it happened. Then, he started to beat me up and I just got rebellious and became what I am now, a bully. Last night, he came home at midnight DRUNK. I got really scared in case he was gonna me or something so I ran out the house through my room’s window with some clothes and uniform. I didn’t sleep that whole night. I got into a mall this morning to change into my uniform and came to school. Now, I don’t know where to go. I have no home. Nowhere is safe for me to go!”

Then, she started to cry again. I asked her to stop crying. She did not have much money left to rent a house. So I decided to bring her to my house. We went back to my apartment together. She thanked me a million times that I got tired of saying ‘You’re welcome’ and ‘Don’t mention it.’ After a few minutes of relaxing in my apartment, Sulli and I decided to eat some samgyupsal. We asked Amber if she wanted to follow but she insisted to finish her homework. So, we went out without her. I think she can take of herself. She’s not a 5-year-old or something.

Sulli’s POV

We were walking around the streets before heading to the samgyupsal store. Suddenly we heard a girl shouting, “YOU! YOU ARE SUCH A NUISANCE IN MY LIFE! WHY DID UMMA EVEN GAVE BIRTH TO YOU?!?! ARGHHH!!!!!!” Then, we saw Victoria! She stomped out of a small house with graffiti drawn on the walls and the roofs were made of zinc and had little holes on it. It looked almost like a dump! Could it be that Victoria lives in that place? Not like the big, pink house filled with jewels and sparkles everywhere? I nudged Krystal and asked, “She lives there?” Krystal just shrugged.

We stared at her as the mumbled angrily while stomping off. We caught up with her. “Victoria! Victoria! Wait up!” we yelled in unison trying to stop her. She seemed so angry and we would really like to know what really happened. She turned. Her big eyes widened.

We ran up to her and politely asked, “Are you having problems? Are there any way we could help out?” “Sure, you can! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT NOW!” she started off with a kind voice and ended off with a loud yell. We felt quite annoyed at how she treated us even when we tried to help. I knew she had problems that need to be shared but with this kind of people, the only way to help them is to threaten…

“Yah, now that I know where you live, and what kind of place you live in, I can just snap a photo and text the whole school,” I said ending with a smirk. “N-n-no, that’s not my house,” she stuttered. “Oh Victoria, stop acting. You’re stuttering!” Krystal joined in the conversation. Suddenly Victoria fell to the ground and bawled her eyes out while saying, “Please, please don’t bother me! I am facing a lot of troubles and you’re not helping! Please!”

We looked at her with eyes full of sympathy. Both of us squatted to pat her back and give her some comfort and help her feel better. Then, I told her that she could share her troubles with us at the samgyupsal store while eating with us. Once we said samgyupsal, she looked up with her red, swollen eyes looking at us brightly, “Omo, samgyupsal? Bring me with you! I really love samgyupsal! I promise! I’ll tell you everything! Just bring me with you! It has been so long since I had samgyupsal!” We was shocked by how she reacted by the word samgyupsal. Then, we smiled and helped her stand. Then, we went to the samgyupsal store.

We ordered and when the food arrived, we started eating. Victoria ate as if she didn’t eat for a thousand days. But of course, a little bit more manners since she’s a lady. We just smiled when we looked at her. After eating, we sat there and Victoria started her life story…

“When I was young, my parents left me with my sister who is now having an illness that causes her not to be able to do anything. She can’t do anything except to hear and see. So every single time I shout, scold or say anything, she would be able to hear and respond by giving out soft sounds. Sometimes, I get very angry like just now. I have to do everything for her! I am tired. In the morning before school, I have to send her to my neighbour’s house and after school, I have to pick her up again and then take care of her, do my homework practice on my dancing and singing… There are just too much to do and I’m so stressed!!”

She banged the table in frustration as she talked. Customers near us stared. We apologized. After that, the three of us went home. Krystal bought some packed samgyupsal for Amber too and gave a little for Victoria’s sister. As we reached Victoria’s house, Krystal and I asked if we could visit her sister. Victoria was a little hesitant at first but allowed us after some time. We visited her sister. She was quite pretty just like Victoria only that she was disabled. We talked to her and she seemed quite happy. We went home afterwards.

I decided to sleepover Krystal’s house again since there was nobody at home anyway… Luckily, I brought some extra clothes. Amber received the samgyupsal happily and ate it. Amber was not as cold as what we thought she was. Actually, all the three of them was friendly and kind. All of them also bullies because of stress. All they need is friends to help and talk to them (:

The night came and we all went to bed. Suddenly I felt a vibration. It was my phone! I took it out and the message was from Taemin! 

 


 

 At last I was able to finish this thing! I hope you like it! I squeezed both of them together so I can start on the couple things sooner <3 Mianhe if the couples are so far back!

-Shawol_Affxtion                          26/8/11