Cheesy Pick-Up Lines

Start Over

-FLASHBACK; September 20, 2009-

Kwon was following her. But he was scared to talk to her. His friends were just watching him by their table. 

"I think we should do something hyung." Jinwoon looked at his hyungs. "Kwonnie looks like a stalker from our view." 

Changmin sighed. "He's never been like that to any of the girls he dated before. Usually he's so upfront and hyper. Now, he looks like..." 

"A big fool." Seulong completed the sentence for his hyung. "Let's just stay here and watch him make a fool out of himself. This is so much fun." he said smiling. "We'll help him when we think he's on the verge of having a mental breakdown."

 

Sure enough, the three were right. Kwon looks like a stalker. He kept on following her, but when she turns around to take pictures, he would hide under the nearest table. He thought that she didn't notice him following her.

But she did. She noticed someone was following her about a minute ago. Every now and then she turns to take pictures, and sure enough, she sees the boy who was following her around. She can't see the face clearly because he was fast in hiding under the tables. She was just fighting the urge to scream at him because she doen't want to make a scene. This is an event, she chanted in her mind. Jea unnie will be mad at me if I lost my temper during work time. I must keep calm. She shook her head and continued taking pictures.

Maybe she noticed me, he suddenly thought. Ugh. Jo Kwon, why are you like this? You are not THIS shy to any girl that you like. What is happening to you?? He smacked himself in the head. Let's do this. He cheered himself on and slipped out under the table. When he finally fixed himself, he noticed that the girl was gone. I was sure that the last time I saw her, she was taking pictures right here...  He muttered under his breath. He scanned the place and saw her sitting alone on the open bar. Kwon let out a sigh and started to walk towards her again.

"Oho! Hyung! Look! Kwonnie hyung is making his move!" Jinwoon said to his two friends. The two elder ones watched intently as Kwon sat himself down beside the girl.

 

From her peripheral vision, she saw that the boy who was stalking her a while ago sat down beside her. Control yourself. She thought. The event will be over soon anyway. Her mind chant was disturbed when the boy beside him spoke. "Hi. Can I ask you a question?"  

"Question? Sure?" She replied, curious on what the boy was about to ask her, but also irritated at his childish behavior.

She saw that the boy was holding back his smile when he suddenly blurted out. "Do you believe in love at first sight? "

"No." She replied flatly. The boy looked sad and disappointed. A few moments later, he turned away. Well, that was interesting, she thought. She was about to ask the bartender for another drink when suddenly someone tapped her shoulder. She looked around to find who tapped her shoulder and saw the boy again, now smiling. "How about love in second sight?"

She gave him a confused look and then laughed. "What's up with the cheesy pick-up line Mr. Stalker?" 

He bowed politely. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to make you laugh. And apparently, I succeeded." He smiled again. Kwon extended his right hand, "My name is Kwon, Jo Kwon. Not Mr. Stalker." 

She took his hand and shook it with a smile. "Ga-In. My name is Son Ga-In." 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

"Right, Jinwoon." Kwon just said flatly. "Hyung, can I go home? I don't feel really good. I think I ate too much crab." 

Seulong sensed that Kwon just wanted to go away. He nodded his head and reminded him to text them when he reaches his home. 

 

After 30 minutes, Kwon reached his house. He parked his car and headed inside. He was just living alone because his parents have already migrated to New York when he started to take over his father's business. 

 

To: OngSeulee Hyung; 10:30pm

  Hyung. I got home safely. Tell Min Ah noona thanks for inviting us and Congratulations. I'll be sleeping now. Take care!

 

After sending the message to Seulong, he quickly took a shower and lied down on the bed. Thoughts suddenly flooded through his head. This was usually a daily habit for him before going to bed, to keep the nightmares away from his sleep. But he never got some of them out.

Few minutes later, he was fast asleep.

 

Kwon woke up past 10. It was saturday, after all. No work for him. He checked his phone and saw that Jinwoon sent him a message.

 

From: Jinwoonie; 9:45am

   Hyung! Let's go grocery shopping! Well, help me do my grocery shopping. Me and Seulong hyung will pick you up at around 11. 

 

Kwon looked at the time, there was still 30 minutes left before 11. He quickly got up and moved since he knew that he couldn't wriggle his way out of this one.

11 came and soon enough, Kwon heard a loud noise outside. He sighed and went out. He saw that Jinwoon was the one on the driver's seat and Seulong on the passenger seat, holding for his dear life. "Eh? Jinwoonie's driving today?" Kwon commented while entering the car's back seat.

"Hi Hyung! Seulong hyung is over reacting. I can drive well, right Kwon hyung?" He said while pouting.

Kwon fastened his seatbelt. "Yeah, sure. Whatever you say Jinwoon-ah. Let's just go. I was planning to bum around the house all day. Let's get this over with." 

Seulong looked at Kwon and commented. "Aigoo~ You're grumpy again today, Kwon-ah. And for that, you'll treat us for lunch!"

"Ah, Whatever. I'm always the one who pays for lunch. You two never treated me out..." Kwon started to nag the two.

Jinwoon suddenly turned up the music to drown Kwon's nagging, while Seulong placed his hands on his ears. "LET'S GO! TO THE MART!" 

 

They reached the mart after 40 minutes. It took them that long because Jinwoon got lost on the way, as usual. "Jinwoon, I'm driving when we are done." Seulong snatched the keys from the younger one and went inside the mart, irritated.

"What's his problem?" Jinwoon pouted. Kwon just shook his head." Don't mind him Jinwoon. Let's just go and get... Whatever it is that your getting." He patted Jinwoon's arm and lead him inside the mart.

 

 

"Let's see. I need that one. And that one!" Jinwoon kept on putting unecessary things in his cart. Kwon and Seulong just looked at their maknae grabbing and throwing things.

Kwon picked up an air freshner from Jinwoon's cart. "Are you sure you need this?" 

"Huh? Mm!" He said while looking for sweets.

"But you don't have a car. You ride a motorcycle." Seulong said flatly.

Jinwoon snatched the item from Kwon's hand. "It's for my room, hyung. Ohh, look. More food!" he ran to the aisle where the snacks are located.

"Seriously, Jinwoon. I think your buying too much. Do you even have the amount of money to buy all of these? If I were you, I would just buy the things that I really, really need." Kwon nagged the younger one. "Wait, where did Seulong hyung went off?" he noticed that the other giant was missing beside him.

But Jinwoon was not paying attention to his hyung. He was paying attention to someone else. He started to abandon his cart from the snacks section and moved closer to the vegetable section.

Huh, where is this brat off  to?  Kwon thought. "Yah! Jung Jinwoon, Where are you going?" He followed the maknae who was now hiding behind a tall display of canned fish.

"Sshhh!! Hyung, shut up for a second. And don't be surprised." Jinwoon pulled him over to his side.

"Hey what are you guys up to? Look I got us samples of... Hey what's the deal?!" Seulong glared at Jinwoon for pulling him down, spilling his sample of coffee at his shirt. "This was a brand new shirt for your information and now it has coffee stains! What is up with you Jinwoon?" He smacked Jinwoon in the head.

"Ow! Just, shut up hyung." He suddenly turned to Kwon's direction. "Hyung, don't be surprised on what I'm about to point at you, alright?" 

Kwon looked confused but nodded his head. Jinwoon turned him towards the direction of a short-haired blond girl who was busy looking at lemons. "Jinwoon-ah. Who are you pointing..." He couldn't finish his sentence because he saw the face of the blond girl.

 

There was no way that his was real. He only saw this moments in his dreams. He finally saw her again, after two years.

 

His heart started beating again.

 

 

"Ga-In ah."


A/N:

Kwonnie finally saw Ga-in after the wedding incident two years ago! Yaaay! I wonder how will Ga-in react when she sees Kwon. Hihi.

I'll try to update again when I'm done studying for my driver's education course. Ugh.

Thanks for reading! Oh, And comments are appreciated. :D