An Unexpected Guest and Surprises

Start Over

 

 

“So, let's all welcome, the man of the night, Architect Im Seulong!” The female emcee, Minyoung said happily. Everyone clapped. But the three guys  were still staring at her, as if the saw a ghost.

“Hyung, what's she doing here? She's.. the last one before you met Ga-in noona, right? The one that you met in the gym?” Jinwoon nudged a dazed Jo Kwon. Kwon just nodded.

“Well, the last time I talked to her, she said that she'll go abroad to study. We tried long distance but obviously that failed. So, I'm guessing she returned here after studying.” He replied to the maknae. 

Seulong was now standing at the stage, beaming to the audience. “Yah. Let's talk about this later. Seulongie is up the stage now.” Changmin said to his two doingsaengs.

“First of all, thank you everyone for making it into this event.” Seulong smiled. “It's really an honor for me to design the next building for the Hana Financial Groups. I would like to thank Kim Jungtae hwejangnim for entrusting me with this project.” Seulong bowed at Kim Jungtae's direction. “He was actually doubting me at first because it's been a while since I had a project this big. But I showed him that I can do it. After a few rounds of soju, I finally convinced him to let me be the head architect.” The audience laughed at Seulong's witty remark.

 

And to my friends over there.” He pointed at Kwon, Jinwoon and Changmin's table. The three of them howled in happiness. “You may know them. They're Lee Changmin, Jo Kwon and Jung Jinwoon.” The people whipered to each other as Seulong said their names. The three of them waved. Jo Kwon even stood up to bow to the audience. Minyoung looked at Kwon when he stood up. 

“My three friends who didn't even know that I had this project up until yesterday. I'm sorry I kept this to you guys. I don't want to be distracted.” The three boys booed at Seulong jokingly, making the audience laugh. “But you guys still love me, right? Anyway, to all of you who are here, thank you for coming. It really means a lot to me.” He bowed deeply. The audience clapped. Changmin, Jinwoon and Kwon made noises while clapping for Seulong.

The emcees clapped for him. “Now, can everyone please turn their attention to the center of the hall.” The male emcee spoke this time. “We will now reveal for the first time Mr. Im Seulong's design for Mr. Kim Jungtae's company.

Everyone was now looking at the center of the hall. Suddenly, a spotlight hit that direction and the scale model of Seulong's design was unveiled. The audience clapped at Seulong's work. “Presenting, Mr. Im Seulong's design!” The female emcee, Minyoung exclaimed. Seulong was smiling from ear to ear, his three friends cheering from their table.

“Everyone, please enjoy this night. The food buffet is right over there. Happy eating and good evening everyone.” the two emcees bowed and exited the stage. Seulong stayed for a photo op with the chairman of Hana Financial Groups while the three boys started to make their way to the buffet table. Seulong bowed to Mr. Kim after they finished the photo op. When he was about to exit the stage, he realized that he knew the photographer.

 

“Omo. Yah! What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be with your weird boyfriend?

Ga-in glared at him as soon as she placed the camera down. “Im Seulong, shut up. I'm trying to surprise him. Sort of. I was suppose to be on some other schedule, but Jea unnie decided to change my schedule the last minute to this one. I didn't know that Jea unnie booked me to your event.

“Wait, you guys were in-charge of this event? No wonder it's boring.” His head got smacked by Ga-in. “Ow. That hurts, Son Ga-in. Now come on, let's go. I still need to find the big bosses and have photo ops with them before I can look for those three idiots.” He grabbed her shoulders and started to direct her to the next person Seulong needed to speak to. “I guess you're stuck with me for a little while, Son Ga-in.” he laughed.

Ga-in just groaned in defeat as Seulong dragged her around.

 

Meanwhile, at the backstage. The two emcees were fixing their things. “Minyoung-ah, aren't you going with us? Our job here is done, right?” The male emcee asked.

“You go on without me, oppa. I think I saw one of my old friends here. And didn't I tell you, I know Seulong oppa? I want to talk to him. It's been a while since I saw him.” She fixed her make-up. “I'll just call you if I need anything.

The male emcee shrugged. “Alright. You take care, Minyoung. I'll see you later.

“You too, oppa! Be careful on your way home!

Minyoung grabbed her coat and made her way out to the hall.

 

“Now, let's go find Kwonnie oppa.

 

 

“Hyung, you should try this. It's good!” Jinwoon offered Kwon his plate of meat but Kwon declined. He was busy looking at his phone, hoping that Ga-in will reply to his message.

Changmin smacked him in the head. “Yah, Kwonnie. Eat your food before it gets cold. Ga-in is alright. She told you that she had work today. She'll call you when she's done.” He ate a mouthful of rice before continuing. “Stop being a clingy, weird boyfriend and eat.

Kwon sighed. He knew that his hyung had a point. With that, he stopped staring at his phone and started to eat his food.

 

“Hello? You're Jo Kwon, right?

 

Kwon looked to the person who said his name. He choked when he saw the female emcee standing in front of him.

“Omo. Are you okay?” she asked him as she offered him a glass of water she saw on their table. Kwon drank first before nodding at her.

“Uh. Yeah. I'm okay. You're... Lee Minyoung, right? Minyoung-ie?” Kwon said cautiously to her. She smiled and nodded.

“And here I was being all formal.” She laughed. It's been a while, Kwon oppa. You too, Changmin oppa. And Jinwoonie! Long time no talk?” Minyoung smiled at the three of them.

Changmin waved at her while Jinwoon smiled. “It's really been a while, Minyoung-ah. How have you been?” Changmin asked her.

“I'm good, oppa. I just came back from the states recently. It's really been a while. And you all are now a big hit in our country!” She exclaimed. “Kwon oppa, is that seat taken?” She pointed at the empty seat beside Kwon, which has Ga-in's name on it. Kwon sighed. “I guess not.” He took off Ga-in's name and taped it at his chest. Minyoung smiled at him and sat down.

“So, how have you guys been? Anything new?” 

Jinwoon looked at Kwon who was busy eating. “Well, I got promoted. I'm now the director of Kwonnie hyung's company.

“Wooow. That's cool Jinwoonie! You should treat us, then.” She joked. Jinwoon just smiled at her. “Oppa, how about you?” Minyoung asked Changmin next.

“Oh, you know. Same old chef in the same old restaurant.” He smiled. “But how about you? I mean, you just came back and now you're hosting events? That's huge, Minyoung-ah.

Minyoung just smiled at him. “Not really. This is my first hosting gig, oppa. I just helped my friend since he was looking for a replacement for his partner. I got nothing else to do so I volunteered.” She looked around. “I had no idea that the event was for Seulong oppa. I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet.” She then turned to Kwon next.

“How about you, Kwonnie oppa? Anything new about you?

“Huh?” Kwon turned to her direction. “Oh, sorry. New about me.. Hmm.” But before Kwon can answer, she noticed Ga-in's name taped on his chest. “Oppa, do you go by that name nowadays? Ga-in?” Minyoung asked him.

Kwon looked at the name taped to his chest and smiled. “Oh, this? No, that's not it. She's

 

“YOU GUUUUYYYYSSS!!

 

 

Seulong pounced on them, making their table shake a bit. “How did I look up there? Did I look cool?” He placed his hands on Changmin and Kwon's shoulders.

“You look fine. Stop bothering us and just sit down. I'm trying to eat here.” Changmin complained.

“Ah hyuuung~ Why are you lke that?” Seulong then noticed Minyoung, who was seated beside Kwon. “Aren't you the female emcee earlier?” He asked her, one of his eyebrows raised.

Minyoung stood up and bowed. “Ah. Yes. Sorry. I'm Lee Minyoung. Can't you remember me, Ongseulee oppa?” She smiled.

“Lee Minyoung... Now why does that name sound familiar.” Seulong stared at her, remembering where he heard her name before. “Omo. You're...” His eyes widened when he remembered who she was. He looked at his back to see if Ga-in was still following him. He remembered she excused herself to go to the ladies' room and breathed a sigh of relief. “It's– It's been a while, Minyoung-ah.” Seulong smiled awkwardly. “How have you been?” He asked, then checked again if Ga-in returned.

Kwon wondered why his friend was suddenly nervous. “Hyung, what's wrong?

Seulong looked at him nervously. “Kwon-ah. To be honest, I have a surprise for you.” He smiled. “But I guess that surprise can wait.” Seulong turned his head again to look for Ga-in.

“Surprise? What? Where?” Kwon now stood up. Jinwoon, Changmin and Minyoung were now also curious with Seulong's surprise for him.

“Err. Hold on. I gotta go.” Seulong left them to look for Ga-in.

 

 

Ga-in was now taking random pictures of the people who attended the event. She forgot to look for Seulong when she exited the ladies room.

“YAH! SON GA-IN!” She turned to look for the person who shouted his name.

Seulong was panting and breathing heavily when he reached Ga-in. “What's the matter with you, you look like you ran a hundred miles.

“Where. Did. You. Go. After. You

“Hyung!” Kwon shouted when he saw him talking to someone. He was followed by Jinwoon, Changmin and Minyoung. Ga-in recognized Kwon's voice and hid herself from him.

“Im Seulong, you stay still or else I will kill you.

Kwon was now facing Seulong's back. “Hyung? Are you talking with someone? Yah, why did you leave like that? And where is my surprise?

Seulong sighed and looked at Ga-in who nodded. “Kwon-ah, you will thank me for this. Ow.” He said, as Ga-in smacked him in the forehead.

Kwon was now really curious, and so was the other three behind him. Seulong started to count. “One. Two..

“Three!

Seulong faced them, revealing Ga-in who was hiding. Kwon automatically smiled when he saw her. “Noona! I thought you wouldn't make it!” He ran up to her to hug her but decided to just pat her in the head to not make her feel awkward.

“I didn't know that this was babo Seulong's event.” She said, sticking her tongue out to him. “My schedule got changed the last minute, so here I am.” Ga-in noticed her name was taped to Kwon's chest. “Yah, why is my name taped to your chest? Are you Son Ga-in now?

“Ah yeobo~ I was just keeping your name safe in my heart.

Ga-in smacked him in the head. “Aigoo. Stop being so cheesy you brat. Kwon just laughed at her. Jinwoon and Changmin then came up to Ga-in to greet her. Minyoung just stayed at her place, observing them.

“Yeobo, huh.” She muttered under her breath. 

Changmin suddenly called her up. “Minyoung-ah. Come here. We'll introduce you to someone.” Minyoung smiled and came up to them. 

“Ga-in ah, this is an old...” Changmin stopped and looked at Kwon. But Kwon was busy fixing Ga-in's camera. “Friend of ours, Minyoung.” He pointed at Minyoung who bowed. “Minyoung-ah. This is

“This is my girlfriend, Minyoung.” Kwon now spoke, smiling at her. “Son Ga-in.

Ga-in hit Kwon's head again before bowing. “Hello. I'm Son Ga-in. Nice to meet you.

“Hello. I'm Lee Minyoung. Nice to meet you too.” She smiled and bowed. Ga-in can't shake the feeling that she heard that name before.

Kwon now dragged Ga-in away from them. “Yeobo. Let's eat. They have salmon there! And why do you keep hitting me? I'm just introducing you to her!

“Huh? Oh. Alright.” She looked back at Minyoung who just smiled at her. “Yah, don't say cheesy things like that. It makes me cringe.

“Yeobooo~” They kept on bickering as they made their way to the buffet table.

 

“Minyoung ah. Do you want to eat? We'll go again to the buffet table.” Changmin offerred to Minyoung who looked at the two couple walking away. Jinwoon and Seulong were just staring and observing her quietly, both of them thinking about the same thing. 

What the hell is this girl thinking?

Minyoung refused. “Sure oppa. I'll just use the ladies' room. Excuse me.” She smiled and went to the ladies' room.

 

 

“Yeobo, huh.” She said as soon as she reached the empty ladies' room. “I guess my stay here in Korea will be fun.

 

a/n:

Wew. This was another long chapter. 

Believe me guys, I hate third parties too. >.< But, Minyoung is not going anywhere, for now. So this is like part 2 of Seulong's night. Part 3 will be in the next chapter. I just loved the part where Kwon personally introduced Ga-in as his girlfriend to her. It's like: "Sorry guurrrl. I'm taken. Go away." LOLOLOLOLOL. 

Sorry guys if this was another long one. *bows*

To my subscribers and to my silent readers: Hello! :D I thanked you guys for like I don't know how many times but really. Thank you guys. T.T

Comments are loved and appreciated. <3 till the next update! :D