Do you believe in Soulmates?

Start Over

"So, do you believe in soulmates?"

 

The people in the conference room was all ears when they heard that line. With that one line, he got the attention that he needed for the meeting. They were all expecting to hear their boss' talk about how soulmates work, how to find it.. but...

"Well, I don't so let's just get on with the meeting." He chuckled when he saw his officemate's sullen faces.

 

"Aww. And here I was, with my phone ready to record your opinion about soulmates." one of his officemate and childhood friend, Jinwoon said.

"Oh come on. You know my take on soulmates and stuff." Kwon replied while throwing a crumpled paper on Jinwoon's head.

"But they don't know. Right guys?" Jinwoon smirked. I am so dead when lunch time comes. He thought.

"Yeah, boss. We don't. Why don't you share it with us? You know, like an ice breaker before we get serious with the meeting." One of his officemates said, looking serious.

 

Kwon looked at the people in the conference hall nodding and cheering him to say something about soulmates and how they work. He shook his head and shot a deadly glare at Jinwoon, which Jinwoon replied with a cheeky smile. Jung Jinwoon, you brat. You are going to die later.

"Alright. Since you all asked for it anyway." He sighed. 

"Soulmates. Do I believe in it or not? To tell you guys the truth, At first I didn't. I laughed at the idea of destiny. Of meeting the person that you'll spend the rest of your life with. I laughed at those who say that they would wait eternity for their soulmates." He paused, looking at people's reaction when he started to explain his thought. He looked at Jinwoon, who apparently is bored and started to play with his phone. Darn kid. Not even bothering to look like he's interested in listening to me.

"But then, that changed. That changed when I finally met mine after meeting God knows how many people. I started to believe that destiny existed, and that happily ever afters were real." Kwon smiled.

"So sir, how about now? Do you still believe in soulmates?" One of his officemates suddenly asked.

"No. Why? Because reality came flooding back to me again. I was just in a trance. I was not ready back then. If you ask me now if I'm ready to go and find my soulmate again, the my answer to you is I don't know." He said flatly. The people in the conference room were quiet after hearing his reply. Sensing that the atmosphere was tense, Jinwoon suddenly spoke.

 

"Okay guys, so the ice breaker ends! What's the agenda for today Mr. Bossy Pants?"

With Jinwoon's words, Kwon snapped back to reality. He laughed and said, "Right. Agenda. Okay. So here is what we have to do..."

 

Jo Kwon. A big hit in the business world. He inherited his father's business after graduating college. When it comes to work and his business, he gets serious. But outside of work, he is just a happy-go-lucky guy. Surrounded by his friends, Jinwoon who stuck with him since his childhood days. Sure he is two years younger than him but sometimes he treats Kwon like they're just the same age. Kwon doesn't mind this sometimes, but he often scolds him if he forgets that he is his hyung. Seulong, who Kwon met during college, is a budding architect with lots of girls swooning over him, and Changmin, a chef in a five star restaurant. Kwon met Changmin in one of his singing competitions when he was in high school. The four of them became friends because of Kwon. He never felt lonely or incomplete because of his friends. He thought his life was going fast and smooth until...

Until he met her.

 

 

Her.. His soulmate.


A/N:

First Chapter! Sorry. I think this chapter is too short for me to be quite honest. I'll make it up next chapter. The plot and the storyline is already locked in my head anyway. I just need to divide the chapters out. LOL.

I'll try to post the next chapter by tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading! Oh, and comments are appreciated. Hihi. Thanks guys~