Starting To Fall

Start Over

 

Jo Kwon swore he stood at the parking lot for a day. But, actually, he was just frozen for 10 minutes until a security guard noticed him and asked if everything was alright.

“Ah. Yes. I was just lost. I forgot that I parked my car on the other side of the parking lot.” he lied. The security guard wasn't buying his excuse and decided to him to his car. A few minutes later, they reached Kwon's custom colored mint green Hyundai Genesis Coupe. The security guard whistled at the sight of Kwon's car. But he's still suspicious if Kwon is really the owner of the car.

“Sir, is this really your car?” he asked Kwon, raising an eyebrow at him. Kwon nodded, not looking at him, grabbed his wallet and took out his driver's license. The security guard's eyes widened when he saw Kwon's name.

“Oh! I'm sorry Mr. Jo Kwon. I thought you were someone else. That's why you look really familiar.” he bowed. “I'm really sorry sir. Have a good night and safe drive!” the guard walked away, embarrassed. Kwon was still staring at his car while he searched for the keys in his pocket. When he felt the keys, he got them out and opened the door. Kwon sat down on the driver's seat, still dazed.

He placed his right hand at his lips. Not believing that Ga-in actually kissed him. 

“Is– Is this a dream....” he uttered those words as he suddenly remembered how he got his first ever kiss with Ga-in two years ago.

 

 

-FLASHBACK: November 24, 2009-

“YEOBOOO~!!” Kwon heard Ga-in shriek at the other line. “Gues what?

“What?” he said, with a sleepy voice which made Ga-in laugh. 

“Are you still sleeping? Yah, it's already noon. You better wake up or your workmates will be angry at you for skipping work two days in a row.” she scolded him. “Anyway, I got picked by Elle Girl Korea to be a photographer for their January issue!! And I also got a call from GQ Magazine. They said that they're considering me to be a photographer for their special issue coming in Feburary.

Kwon sat up, his head still throbbing, but he managed to hear what Ga-in said. “Waaah. Yeobo, congratulations! I guess you're going to be busy in the upcoming days.

“I know right.” Kwon noticed that Ga-in could not hide her excitement. He sighed and started to get out of his bed.

“Yeobo, we should celebrate. Are you going to do anything tonight?” he asked her while looking for a shirt to put on.

There was a minute of silence before Ga-in's voice emerged again from the line. “Uhm. I have a meeting with the editor-in-chief of Elle Girl. But I guess that won't be long.

He plopped back into his bed when he wore his shirt. “Mm. Well, just tell me if the meeting is over. I'll come and pick you up later.” Kwon was feeling sleepy again.

“Alright. Yah, you should go to work. Your company might fall apart today if you don't show up.

“Ey. My company can go on another day without me. Jinwoonie is there to catch my falling company.” Kwon laughed, then coughed a bit. “Yeobo, are you okay? You don't sound good.” he heard Ga-in asked.

“I'm fine. Don't worry about me yeobo. Just call me when your meeting is over, alright?” he assured her. 

“Okay. I'll be hanging up now.

“Ah wait a minute yeobo!” Kwon said. 

“What now you kid?

Kwon hesitated. “Ah. Nothing. It's just that it's already lunchtime. You should eat your lunch yeobo.” he said. ‘Lame move, Jo Kwon.’ a voice inside his brain scolded him.

“I got it. Noona will be hanging up now.

“Okaaay~” with that, their phonecall ended. Kwon coughed hard. He was still not feeling well. He did not tell anyone that he caught the flu so that he wouldn't be a burden to them. Kwon stood up, went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He sighed as he finished drinking. He wanted to say ‘I love you’ to her but he hesitated. “Aish, Jo Kwon that was a really lame move.

He went back to his bedroom to sleep more when he saw his phone lit up. Curious if his hyungs or Jinwoon sent a message to bother him, he grabbed his phone. After reading the message, he smiled and felt light headed.

 

From: Yeob-oh <3; 12:20pm

  사랑해 권아. 

 

Ga-in's meeting with the editor-in-chief took all night. Her unnies was also present in the meeting. “Jea unnie.” she tapped Jea on her shoulder.

“What is it, Ga-in ah?

She checked the time. It was already 9:00 in the evening. “Can you take me to Kwon's house? I'll just check up on him. He's not replying to my messages.

“Aigoo~ Our maknae is worried for Kwonnie. Love really changes people. Ah. I'm so jealous.” Narsha as she walked in on Jea's room. Ga-in just glared at her.

“Unnie~

“Alright. Let's go. I have to be back here by 10 anyway. Miryo is treating me later.” she grabbed her keys and Ga-in followed behind her.

 

“Yah, Ga-in ah. Why don't you just buy a car?” Jea told her maknae as they were driving to Kwon's house. Ga-in didn't hear her because she was busy sending Kwon another message. “Are you even listening to your unnie? Yah Son Ga-in.

“Huh? Ah. Of course unnie. I'll buy a car when I get my paycheck for the two projects that we'll be working on.” Ga-in replied. A few minutes later, they were outside of Kwon's house.

“Unnie, I'll text you later when I need a ride home. Be safe!” Ga-in said as she opened the door and went to Kwon's front door. Jea just stared at her and shook her head. “Aigoo, our lovestruck maknae.” with that, she drove away.

 

“JO KWON! YOU IDIOT OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!” Ga-in shouted as she banged on Kwon's door. All the lights in his house were off. But she was sure that he didn't leave because his car was still parked outside. A few minutes later, she heard a click, and Kwon stood there, looking dazed.

“Yeobo? Omo. Yeobo. What are you doing here? I thought you have a meeting with the editor-in-chief?” 

Instead of receiving a verbal reply, he got his head smacked by Ga-in. “Ah noona it hurts. Stop. You're making my head throb even more.” she stopped when Kwon said that his head was throbbing.

“What did you say?” her hand suddenly went up Kwon's forehead. “Yah Jo Kwon, are you sick?! Why didn't you tell me this?” she dragged him inside and made him sit on the couch. Kwon was still massaging his head, hoping that the throbbing would stop. Ga-in went to his medicine cabinet to get him medicine then proceeded to his kitchen to get him a glass of water. She went back to him and made him drink his medicine.

“Yeobo. I'm fine. Really. If you just didn't smack me in the head then I would've been fine.” he tried to make the atmosphere funny but he only got a glare from her.

“How long have you got this fever? Did you eat already? Don't tell me you didn't eat.” she was observing him. Kwon shook his head.

“I was waiting for you, noona. We're going to celebrate remember?” he said with his eyes closed. Ga-in sighed.

“You. This Jo Kwon.” she was going to scold him more when she felt that he leaned his head on her shoulder. Ga-in just looked at the boy who was sleeping beside her.

Then, she did something that she never thought she would do.

 

Ga-in leaned her head toward's Kwon's direction and kissed him.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

“YOU DID WHAT?

 

Jea, Narsha and Miryo all exclaimed at Ga-in when she told them what happened after the concert. 

“Ah. Do you really have to shout that? People are staring.” she said to her unnies. They were eating lunch when Ga-in told them about their kiss. 

Narsha shook her head in disbelief. Jea pushed Ga-in lightly while Miryo gave her a weird look. “Ga-innie, didn't you already have your first kiss with Kwonnie?” Miryo suddenly asked her.

“Now that I think about it, you're right unnie.” she said. “But unnie, I– Honestly, I” Ga-in hesitated at first but decided to tell her real feelings to her unnies.

“Honestly, I don't want to remember. That's why I'm faking this amnesia thing. I want to forget about the past... The hurt... Everything.

 

“But... Why am I starting to fall for him again?

 

Her unnies didn't answer to Ga-in's words, because they knew she was the only one who could answer her own question. 

 

—————

a/n:

I think I made this into a cliffhanger chapter. I wanted to write the 2am boys' reaction to Kwon and Ga-in's kiss but I think I might make this chapter a wee bit long if I did that. Plus the BEG unnies' reaction is still not done. I guess I'll write it in the next chapter. So, I guess I just made a flashback chapter on how Ga-in and Kwon had their very first kiss two years ago.

School starts tomorrow. 3 but I can update since it's only the first week of classes. Plus I don't have any class every friday so yay I can update!

To my subscribers, old and new, and to my silent readers: Thank youuuu~

Comments are really appreciated. :D Till my next update! :D