Look Only At Me

Start Over

 

 

Minyoung was surprised at what she saw inside the room when she entered. She was not expecting Kwon to be there with Ga-in. She thought that it was only the four of them at the karaoke house. She was also surprised at the three strangers who were talking with Changmin.

 

“Omo. We have a new friend? Who is she, Seulongie?” Jea asked Seulong who was behind Minyoung.

“Ah, noona. This is an old friend of ours. Her name is Minyoung.” Seulong introduced Minyoung to Jea, Narsha and Miryo.

Minyoung bowed at them. “Hello. My name is Lee Minyoung. Nice to meet you all.”

Narsha, Jea and Miryo stood up and bowed back. “Hello! My name is Jea. This is Narsha and this is Miryo” Jea pointed at her two same-aged friends who smiled at her. Yah. Ga-in ah. Aren't you going to stand up and bow?” She snapped at the maknae who was playing with Kwon in their own world.

“Unnie, we already met at babo Seulong's event.” She said, looking up at her unnies. “Hello, Minyoung-ah. Nice to see you again.” Ga-in smiled. Minyoung smiled back at Ga-in. She then waved at Changmin who waved back at her, then continued to go through the song book. 

Seulong and Jinwoon's eyes widened as Minyoung approached Kwon.

“Oppa!” She tapped Kwon's shoulders, aware that Ga-in was now staring at her. Kwon looked up to see who it was.

“Omo. Minyoung-ah. What are you doing here?” His voice was full of surprise.

“Jinwoonie invited me here since he forgot his promise to me.” She said, sitting down beside Kwon. Ga-in was still staring at her, and so were the other three ladies.

 

Jea sensed that the atmosphere was starting to be awkward and tense so she suggested something. “Minyoung-ah, can you sing for us? We're kind of having a sing off competition here.” She smiled. Minyoung politely declined.

“Unnie. Is it alright if I call you unnie?” Minyoung cautiously asked Jea, who nodded. “Unnie, I don't really sing. I'll just watch you guys here.

But Jea insisted. “Aigoo. Not all of us are actually singers here. Just sing one song.

“Okay unnie. But can I ask for Jinwoon's help? I'm planning to sing 2PM's I'll Be Back.” She said while her gaze is directly at Kwon. Jea can't help but stared at her weirdly and nodded. Jea nudged Jinwoon to stand up and grabbed the mics and to punch the numbers in. 

“Jinwoon ah, can you rap the part of Taecyeon oppa? I can do Nickhun oppa's part. And help me with the vocals!” Minyoung said as she patted Jinwoon's back.

 

 

“I'll be back~!” Minyoung started to sing. Everyone cheered except for Ga-in when they heard her voice. It was shaky, but she can still sing. The atmosphere started to lighten up a bit. Kwon even started to do the shuffle dance in a funny way which made everyone laugh, except for Ga-in of course. She can sense that the song was directed at Kwon. 

After Jinwoon rapped Taecyeon's part, Minyoung was going to be next. She suddenly grabbed the dancing Kkap Kwon and made her face him. Everyone was surprised, especially Ga-in and Kwon. 

Jo Kwon looked uncomfortable, avoiding Minyoung's eye contact and trying to find Ga-in's but Minyoung held Kwon's jaw with one hand, making him stare into her as she rapped Nichkhun's part.

 

“But you better know that I'm not giving you away. Will I ever stop waiting, no way. It'll be the same in my world. I'm your girl, you're my boy.” Ga-in was sure that Minyoung smirked at her when she changed the lyrics. What the hell is that girl thinking.

 

 

The song ended and everyone clapped when Minyoug and Jinwoon bowed. Her score was 96 out of 100.

Kwon was in a state of shock. He stood at his position for about 5 minutes before he was dragged away by Seulong, who was looking serious. He let Kwon sit beside him. Seulong looked at Ga-in's reaction but he wasn't able to read it. Son Ga-in. What are you thinkin about right now.

 

“Wooow. Minyoung, good job!” Miryo complimented her. “You can sing and dance well.

Narsha then asked the question that Jea and Miryo were dying to ask Minyoung as soon as she sat down a few feet from Ga-in, fanning herself. “Minyoung, is alright if we ask you this?” Minyoung looked at Narsha and smiled.

“Yes? What is it unnie?” She looked at Narsha's direction while making herself comfortable.

“Uhm.” Narsha hesitated to ask her question because Ga-in suddenly stood up, her expression unreadable. “Nevermind.” She smiled awkwardly at Minyoung.“Yah. Ga-in ah. What are you doing?

“Unnie, give me the song book. I want to find out if the song that's in my mind is there.

Narsha looked at her maknae with worry. “Ga-in ah, you're going to sing something?

Ga-in nodded at Narsha silently. Everyone was scared at Ga-in right now except for Minyoung, who was smiling in victory.

 

Well. Let's see if you can top that, Ga-in unnie.

 

 

When Ga-in found the song that she wanted to sing, Jea stood up and went to her direction. “Ga-in ah.” She whispered to the maknae. “What are you planning to do? And you don't usually sing songs like that.

Ga-in smiled at Jea. “Unnie, it won't hurt if I experiment a little, right?” She grabbed the mic. “I'll be fine. I won't cause a commotion.

Ga-in punched the number of the song that she wants to sing. She looked at her unnies and smiled at them.

 

“I can't let you go. You gotta let her go.

 

Everyone was surprised at Ga-in's choice of song. “Omo.” Narsha exclaimed. “Now this is a surprise. Ga-innie is usually not into these kind of genre.

“Noona even changed the lyrics.” Jinwoon commented.

Minyoung was staring at her, eyes wide in shock. Is she answering back with this song? She now looked at Kwon whose head was hung down in embarrassment. At least Kwonnie oppa is not watching this. Minyoung suddenly smiled again.

“Haruedo myeot beonssik neol bomyeo useo nan. Su baek beon malhaetjanha, You're the love of my life.

Ga-in was singing Taeyang's Look Only At Me. She was answering Minyoung's actions through the song. Her eyes wandered at Kwon's direction. Ah really. This kid. 

Everyone except Kwon and Minyoung were clapping at Ga-in. Minyoung took this as an opportunity to go sit beside Kwon and talk to him. “Oppa. Are you okay?” She asked. “Sorry about earlier, I got carried away. You know me oppa, I always get carried away when it comes to singing and dancing.

“Ah. That was nothing. Oppa is okay.” Kwon answered back, his gaze is still at the floor. Minyoung was still worried about Kwon. She tapped Kwon's shoulder, hoping that he'll feel better and look at her. Ga-in was about to finish the bridge of the song when she looked again at Kwon's direction. Her eyes got a little big when she saw Minyoung seated beside Kwon. An idea suddenly popped in her head. This might take Minyoung down.

Ga-in approached Kwon and tapped his head lightly. Kwon looked up and was surprised that Ga-in was singing.

“Noona?

Ga-in did not answer him. Instead, she extended her hand at him. Kwon looked confused, but took it anyway. She lead him to the center of the room, still singing. Finally, the last chorus came. She was staring straight into Kwon's eyes.

 

Naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima... Baby

Naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima... Baby

Gakkeum naega yeollagi eopgo sureul masyeodo

Hoksi naega dareun eotteon namjawa jamsi nuneul matchwodo

She inched her face a bit closer before singing the last line.

 

 

“Neon naman barabwa~

 

 

Ga-in closed her eyes and kissed Kwon after singing the last line.

 

 

Everyone's reaction was different when Ga-in finished her performance. The three boys howled in celebration while the three ladies said “Omo!!” in unison.

Minyoung's expression, however, turned sour. W–What... How did that happen.. Did she just... No way.

“Yah Kwon-ah!” Changmin headlocked a dazed and speechless Jo Kwon and ruffled his hair. “Aigoo. You're always being kissed attacked by Ga-in.” Jinwoon joined Changmin in teasing Kwon. Meanwhile, Seulong was busy making fun of Ga-in. 

“Ohh. Son Ga-in how can you do that in front of us! You're molesting our dongsaeng!” He teased. Ga-in gave him a cold stare, which Seulong ignored. “Noona, tell your friend there to stop giving me stares that can kill me.

“Ga-in ah. Stop doing your deathly stare.” Jea jokingly scolded her maknae. “And stop showing off your relationship to us single people! I'm really getting jealous.” She pouted at Ga-in, who laughed at her unnie's reaction. She then noticed that Minyoung was staring at her. Ga-in smiled and approached her.

“Minyoung-ah, that was fun, right?

“Huh? What was fun, unnie?” Minyoung replied innocently. “Singing?

Are you really playing with me now? Ga-in thought. “Mm. It's been a while since I sang to be honest. And I never really sing those kinds of songs. But, I guess I picked the right song for this occassion, don't you think?” She played along.

Minyoung just nodded her head. She suddenly took her phone out to check the time. “Omo. Unnie. I'm sorry. I have to go. But it was really nice hanging out with you and with them.” She pointed at Seulong, Changmin, Jinwoon, Narsha, Jea and Miryo who are all taking turns in teasing a speechless Kwon. “Let's do this again sometime.

Ga-in nodded at her. Minyoung stood up, bowed, and slipped out of the room quietly. You may have won this round, Ga-in unnie. You'll see. I'll beat you the next time. Enjoy your victory while you still can. She stormed out of the building.

 

Seulong noticed that Ga-in was seated all by herself. He slippped out of the "Jo Kwon teasing circle" and sat beside her. “Yah. You did that on purpose, right?

“Did what on purpose?

He lightly hit her head. “Don't play with me you idiot. You kissed him on purpose to get back at Minyoung's actions.

Ga-in looked at Kwon before answering Seulong. “To be honest, I did that 50-50.” She laughed at herself. “50% was to get back at Minyoung, and the other 50% is... Well. You know.

“You just want to kiss him.” Seulong started to . “Aigoo. Son Ga-in. You were not like that the last time we met.

Ga-in was confused at Seulong's words. “The last time we met?

“I'm talking about two years ago, you dummy.” He said, grabbing a snack before continuing. “Tch. You never really remember anything? That's really sad.

Her eyes widened in surprise. Oh right. I have amnesia.  “Right. No, sorry.” She hit him hard in the head. “So, am I like this two years ago? Like, do I hate you this much?” Ga-in kept on hitting Seulong.

“Yah. You. Stop it!” He shielded himself from Ga-in's attacks. “Hold on, I'm about to get serious. I want to ask something.

Ga-in stopped hitting Seulong to let him speak. “Ugh. Finally. Ga-in ah.” He said. “What will you do if you suddenly remember the past?

Ga-in froze. “I– I don't know. Why, do you know something Im Seulong?

“Maybe.” Seulong said flatly. “Kwonnie knows some things too.” He suddenly looked at Kwon, who was now fighting back with all the teasing. “I bet that he'll tell those things to you someday, when he's ready. Ga-in ah, don't give him a hard time. That kid... He really likes you. He's fallen for you. I can tell.

Ga-in just nodded at Seulong. She wanted to tell him that she knows everything and has forgotten them and that she's falling for him too, but she can't. “Oh, and one more thing.” She looked at Seulong again.

“Watch out for Minyoung.” Seulong added. She's our friend, but she's a really... unpredictable person. I'm trying to figure out what she's planning. But promise me that you'll believe in Kwonnie and you'll stay with him until I figure out things with Minyoung.

Ga-in looked at him weirdly. “Yah. Im Seulong. Why are you saying weird things to me.

“Ah what's weird about that! We're friends! I can say whatever I want to say to you, idiot.” He lightly hit her head again. “Just make that promise with me.

“Tch. I'm going to tell Kwonnie that you keep on hitting me in the head, making my amnesia worse.” She stood up and stuck her tongue out at him.

 

 

“But yeah, I promise to believe in Kwon no matter what happens.” Ga-in smiled at Seulong and went off to join the others.

 

a/n:

Wew. This is a long update. So, yeah. Minyoung lost the first round to Ga-in. YAY! LOL. But just like what she sang... She'll be back. I'm thinking of writing like a scenario where Ga-in and Minyoung have a one-on-one session. I wonder how that will turn out...

Anyway, I made Ga-in sing Taeyang's Look Only At Me because I came across this video of her singing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Q0pRG-ilI Plus I thought that it was appropriate for the situation. LOL. And I salute Seulong for being a good friend to both Ga-in and Kwon. Ong ahjibaem is protecting his dongsaeng. lol.

I can't believe I've written my 30th chapter. It feels like I've written my first chapter only yesterday~ oh it was such a long time ago.. I think. LOLOLOLOLOL.

To my subscribers and silent readers: Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu <3

Comments make me giddy. <3 hihi. Till my next update~ ppyong~!