Surprise Surprise

Start Over

 

 

“Yah. How was your V-Day, Lover Boy?

 

Seulong was in Kwon's office again. But this time, he was alone. Jinwoon was too busy with his reports and Changmin passed because there was a big event at the restaurant.

“Hihi.” Kwon suddenly smiled when Seulong asked him about his valentines' day. “Hyung, it was the best.” Kwon did a thumbs up to Seulong, who just looked at him with no emotions. “She gave me chocolate lollipop boquet and gave me a back hug!” He exclaimed. “Hyung, Son Ga-in gave me a back hug!

“Wah. You're really lucky, Kwonnie.” Seulong shook his head. “You're lucky you found Ga-in. Again.” He emphasized the last word. Kwon just smiled at him. “I wish I could find someone like her.” Seulong sighed. Kwon glared at his hyung.

“Hyung. What did you say? You want to find someone like Ga-in noona? Do you like Ga-in noona?

Seulong's eyes widened. “Y– Yah! It's not what you think. You know I hate her attitude and we fight whenever we see each other.” He brushed his hair before continuing. “What I mean to say was I hope I can find someone so that I won't be lonely. Kwon-ah, you know hyung is really really lonely.

Kwon smiled in relief. “Hyung, you'll find your other half. But you just have to wait for it.” He suddenly remembered something. “Oh, that's right. Hyung, why do you keep on hanging out here? Don't you have your big project for the Hana Financial Groups?

“Kwon ah, I'm the architect. I just designed that building. I'm not the engineer.” Seulong replied, now helping himself on Kwon's snacks at his table. “Well, I only go there three times a month to report or to see whether they are doing my design or not. Why, are you expecting someone right now?” He smirked. “I can go away if you want.

“Ah– Hyung it's not like that!” Kwon got flustered. “I'm really just wondering why you always want to hang out here.

“Oh hyung, how did your valentines' day go?

Seulong's face became sour. “Aish Kwon-ah. You won't believe what happened.

 

-FLASHBACK: February 14, 2013; 6:00pm in front of Changmin's restaurant-

“Jinwoon ah. Hurry up! The noonas are waiting here at Changmin hyung's restaurant!” Seulong shouted to the other line. He decided to invite Jea, Narsha and Miryo out on a singles day date after Ga-in gave him the idea earlier at Kwon's office.

“Hyung. Just. Give. Me. A. Minute.” He heard Jinwoon panting at the other line.

“Alright, one minute. Hyung is hanging up now.” Seulong ended the conversation. “Noona, sorry. Jinwoon will be a little late.” He said to Jea.

Jea smiled at him. “It's alright. We are not in a hurry. Besides, it's only like what... Past 6? It's still early, Seulong-ah.”

“Ah noona. But the reservation at the karaoke bar is at 7. If we don't get there in time, they might give our room to someone else.” 

“Yah, Jea. Seulong is stressing out like that because he paid for the room.” Miryo said to Jea. “He wont be stressing out like that if he didn't pay for anything.” Jea laughed and nodded at Miryo. Five minutes later, Jinwoon arrived.

Seulong started slapping the maknae's head. “Yah! Jung Jinwoon! You said you'll be here in a minute!” He shouted. “You're five minutes late! Why are you late anyway you brat?”

“Ow. Hyung! That hurts!” He shielded himself from Seulong's attacks. “I was late because I went to get these for the noonas.” He opened his backpack and grabbed three packs of chocolate and three stems of roses, one for each of them.

The three ladies smiled and thanked Jinwoon as he gave the chocolates and flowers to them one by one. “Aigoo~ Jinwoonie, you didn't have to.” Narsha said when Jinwoon came by her direction. “Yah, Im Seulong. This is how you should treat girls.”

Jinwoon smiled and bowed to his noonas. “Happy Valentines' Day, noonas! Thank you for spending it with us!” Seulong, however, glared at the maknae. 

“Jinwoon-ah, are you done showing off? I'll call Changmin hyung so we can go there already.”

“Seulong-ah, no need to call him He's here.” Jea pointed Changmin who just exited the restaurant. “Hello Changmin-ah!”

Changmin bowed at the three ladies. “Hello everyone! Yah. Noona, who gave you those?”

“Your maknae gave these to us. Isn't that sweet?” Narsha said making Changmin's eyes go wide in amazement. “Jinwoon did this? Jung Jinwoon, are you now trying to beat Kwonnie in cheesiness? Yah this kid.” He ruffled Jinwoon's hair.

Seulong was getting impatient. “You guys! Let's go! 15 more minutes and the room will be claimed by some stranger!” With that, they started to make their way to the karaoke house. 

They ordered food and drinks as soon as they arrived. “Wait, Seulong hyung, you're going to pay for this right?” Jinwoon asked as Seulong grabbed the songbook to search for a song to sing. “Mm. Unless you want to take my place.” Jinwoon shook his head vigorously, making everyone laugh.

When the food arrived, everyone started to eat since they were really hungry. Changmin suddenly proposed a toast. “Everyone, Happy Valentines' Day! This is for all of us who is still single. Cheers!”

 

“CHEERS!” 

 

“And to our two dearest friends, Jo Kwon and Son Ga-in, who are out there somewhere, either dating or bickering.” Jea added, making them laugh.

 

“CHEERS!

 

“Yah, want to make this interesting?” Narsha said after all of them ate. “Let's have a singing competition. Whoever wins gets to have their wish granted.”

Seulong smirked at Narsha. “Noona, are you seriously challenging us three to a singing competition? You've heard us sing during Ga-in's surprise, right? And we have Changmin hyung here. Are you sure you want to go through with your proposal?” He looked at her smugly.

“Im Seulong-ah. I am confident that we will win this.” Jea said. “Obviously, you haven't heard us sing. It's a pity Ga-in is not here though. If she was here, then we can take you down.”

 

 “Alright.” Seulong clapped his hands. “Call. Let's do this.” His burning desire to win was suddenly switched on. Jinwoon and Changmin just shook their heads. Narsha, Jea and Miryo smiled at Seulong.

The three boys went on first. They sang a rendition of Ne-Yo's So Sick. They got a score of 95 out of 100. Narsha laughed at them when they were finished. Seulong stuck his tongue out at her. “Beat that, noona.

“Not bad.” Jea said. “Now it's our turn.”  She chose the song Emotions by Destiny's Child.  Seulong, Jinwoon and Changmin's jaws dropped as soon as they heard them harmonizing. Seulong even got a little nervous. The three ladies got a score of 98 out of 100. 

 

 

“YAY! We won!” Jea jumped in joy while Narsha and Miryo smiled at them. Jinwoon and Changmin hung their heads in disappointment.

“Noona! That's not fair! I want a re-match!” Seulong complained. “Let's see how you do when we have Kwonnie.”

Narsha nodded at him. “Alright, we'll let you off this time. But you'll still lose since we have Ga-in by our side.”

“Ga-in? Son Ga-in? What can that brat do.” Seulong said as he grumpily sat back down.

Jea smiled at him. “Oh, you'll see.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Hyung.” Kwon spoke after Seulong told him what happened at their celebration. “You mean we're going to have a singing competition when we see the noonas again?” Seulong nodded.

Kwon shook his head. “Are you out of your mind? Hyung, the noonas are great singers. We don't stand a chance against them.

“Kwonnie, keep your cool. It's okay. We have you by our side now, right.” Seulong said, his eyes full of determination. “We will beat those noonas the next time we go out.

Kwon sighed. Once Seulong is determined to do something, he knew that he can't be stopped.

 

“Alright hyung. Whatever you say...

 

 

“YEOBOOOOOOO~!

 

Kwon ran up to Ga-in when he saw her and gave her a bear hug. He was getting more confident and bolder with skinship after the mini event Ga-in prepared for him last Valentines' Day.

“Yaaaah~! You fart face. I can't breathe! Stop it!” Ga-in struggled in Kwon's grip. She was trying to push him away but he was too strong for her.

“Omo. Look at them, their really rubbing their relationship to our faces.” Narsha started to tease them. Kwon suddenly let Ga-in go when he heard her voice. 

“Noona! It's been a while! How have you been?” Kwon greeted Narsha, Jea and Miryo who just arrived in front of the karaoke house.

Narsha smiled at him. “I have been well. How about you? I heard our maknae gave you a hard time during your date.” Ga-in stuck her tongue out to Narsha when she said that. Kwon smiled and shook his head.

“No noona. It wasn't like that.” He started to explain but suddenly, Seulong arrived along with Changmin and Jinwoon.

“Alright.” Seulong looked determined. “Ready to lose for real, you three noonas?

“You wish.” Jea retorted. “Let's go inside. I'm getting hungry.

 

They first warmed up by singing happy songs. Well, not all of them. Kwon and Ga-in are immersed in their conversation. They were telling each other stories on what happened to them today. No one tried to bother them because they knew they haven't seen each other in days.

 

In the middle of the song that Jinwoon was singing, his phone rang. He excused himself outside to answer it. “Yah, Kwon-ah.” Seulong shouted over the blasting music. “Go sing Jinwoonie's song” He passed the mic to Kwon who looked confused.

“Hyung. This is a rock song! I don't sing rock!

Seulong pushed him on. “Ah you'll be alright. I'll keep Son Ga-in busy for a while.” He said as he made Kwon stand up and made himself sit beside Ga-in. Kwon, still looking confused, started to sing the unfamiliar song. A few minutes later, Jinwoon went back inside with a serious expression on his face. He pulled Seulong out of the room to say something to him.

When the two of them were outside, Jinwoon bowed at Seulong. “Hyung. I'm sorry. Please forgive me for what I've done today.

“Huh? Why? What's wrong, Jinwoon-ah?” Seulong looked at the maknae confused.

“Hyung, Minyoung is on her way here. I asked her to join us.

Seulong's eyes widened at Jinwoon's remark. “WHAT?! YAH. HOW– WHA– WHY?!!” He shouted at Jinwoon.

“Ssshh! She's just around the corner. She might be here in a minute.” Jinwoon covered Seulong's mouth. “Remember during your event, she asked me to treat her since Kwon hyung promoted me. Well. She set it up today. But I totally forgot about it. I was feeling sorry for her since she waited for an hour at our meeting place so I said to just come here.

Seulong removed Jinwoon's hand from his mouth. “Why are you feeling sorry for her? What if she makes a move at Kwonnie when she's here? Yah. Ga-in is there inside. Aish. Jinwoon ah. What are we going to do?” Panic was in Seulong's voice. “Jinwoonie, what are we going to do? Seriously

 

“What are you going to do about what, Seulong oppa?

 

They heard a girl's voice from behind Jinwoon. Seulong looked at Jinwoon's shoulder and saw Minyoung, smiling at him. He smiled back a bit awkwardly. “Ah. Nothing, Minyoung-ah. I was just discussing something with Jinwoonie. It's good to see you.” He tapped Jinwoon's shoulder before approaching her. “How have you been?

“I've been good oppa. But Jinwoonie over there forgot about his promise and made me wait for an hour.” She pouted.

“Yah, Lee Minyoung. I said I was sorry.” Jinwoon turned around at her. “I was busy with work that's why I forgot.

Minyoung laughed at Jinwoon's reaction. “Alright, alright. You're off the hook this time.” She then turned her attention at Seulong. How about you, Seulong oppa? How's the project going?

Seulong smiled again. “It's fine. A bit slow though, but things are going well. 

Come on, let's go inside. I bet you're hungry from all the waiting.” Seulong opened the door for her while glaring at Jinwoon. ‘We will talk later’ He mouthed to Jinwoon who nodded back at his hyung.

 

Jinwoon hung his head down in disappointment. He was anxious on what's going to happen now that Minyoung is here. He sighed and went inside their noisy karaoke room.

 

a/n:

Okay. So I was going to write up until they finish their karaoke session but I noticed that the chapter was getting too long and you guys might have a hard time reading it so I decided to split it into two chapters. Just like Seulong's night. So, sorry if this is a cliff hanger but I just wanted to emphasize that Minyoung is back. /hides in the corner/ Yeah so I'm really sorry if this is a ~lame~ chapter. The real thing starts at the next chapter so don't worry guys. 

I guess I can put that up maybe this week or tomorrow. Well I always try to update once a week sooo.. Meh. LOL.

Oh, and did you guys heard about the rumor? BEG might make their comeback on JULY! But of course, I still need proof and teasers and let them drop their comeback before I can believe that.

 

To my subscribers and my silent readers, Thank you. :D

 

Honestly, I was going to just drop this fic because I feel like you guys are getting bored with it plus the updates are a bit slow. SOBS. But of course I won't do that. That was just a dark phase for me. lol.

Comments make me giddy. <3 till my next update!

 

PS: If you guys want to hear 2AM's version of So Sick, here's a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJY32L-Nyo Changmin is really good in english because he was born in New Jersey. I guess that makes him an american citizen, eh? But I think he graduated high school in korea and did his military service. LOL. I guess he has dual citizenship. My hunch is that he finished middle school in New Jersey and flew back to Korea to stay there for good. Gah. IDK. LOL. Jinwoonie was so cute in the video. Jo Kwon's english is flawless as well when he sings. He really is "Wonder Girls' Chingu" LOL. And Seulong... Is being Seulong.

For BEG's version of Emotions, I'll just give you guys the link when they sang it during their guesting at Beatles Code 2. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACpMwIpZ3M But if you want the "pre-abracadabra" era here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuyLAePPVqs I find JeA's actions while singing cute. LOL. Raccoon Leader Fighting! Anyway, this song is memorable for them because they used to sing this during their trainee days. They are soo good. SOBS. And Miryo's adlib rap is the best.

Enjoy! 2AM & Brown Eyed Girls Fighting!