Celebrations Can Be Fun

Start Over

 

“HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY!!

 

They were still celebrating Ga-in's birthday. All of them ate, drank and had fun. Ga-in was now actually having fun at Kwon's surprise. They did all sorts of things everytime Ga-in blew a cake. When she blew her 14th candle, Jinwoon performed for her a rock song that he composed way back high school. Then, for her 15th, they thought that Seulong will do something just like what Jinwoon did. He smiled, walked up to her and smacked her in the head. “Aigoo~ Son Ga-in. Why the hell would you think that I'll sing for you.” he stuck his tongue out and ran for his life.  For her 20th, Changmin cooked for them. For her, that was by far the best thing that she received.

On her 22nd, her unnies were pushed by the four boys to sing for them since they argued that they're tired and needed to rest. Jea and Narsha gave Kwon their deadly glares but he just laughed and bowed politely, mouthing the words “Noona, I'll make it up to you. I promise.” to them. The three older ladies sighed and sang a beautiful love song. Ga-in was not concentrating on her unnie's performance, but to the boy who was sittting beside him.

 

Jo Kwon. You should stop this before I fall all over again.

 

 

“Hyung, are we seriously going out dressed like this? You're going too far!” Jinwoon said, wanting to strangle Kwon.

Changmin was just staring at the mirror, not believing that his friend made him wear what he is wearing now. “Yah you brat, come here. We agreed to help you, but I don't remember agreeing to doing this!!” Seulong shouted at Kwon.

“Hyung, argeeing to help me means that you also agree to do this. We're going to end the surprise soon. It's just the 24th and 25th year left.” he said. The three of them fought the urge to strangle their friend.

Kwon smiled. “Let's go!

 

The four ladies were once again curious as to why the venue is dark. “I can't see anything again. And what's taking them so long?” Jea commented.

“Maybe they ran away. They did say that they were tired.” Miryo commented, looking around if anyone was moving in the dark. Suddenly, they heard Kwon's voice.

 

“Ga-in noona! Happy 24th birthday! I told you that I want to see you smile always, so I hope you enjoy this one.  Jea noona, Narsha noona and Miryo noona.. I advice you not to take your phone out. Seulong hyung said that he'll personally hunt you down if he saw you recording this. Anyway, enjoy!

The three were curious as to why Seulong wanted them to keep their hands off their phones. The music started and they all turned their attention to the stage. When the stage was lit, what they saw was probably the best highlight of the night for them.

 

The four boys were wearing red tight mini-dresses, and started to dance to Sistar's Alone.

 

Jea and Narsha laughed so hard that they both fell down on the floor. Ga-in was laughing too, with the boys dance and actions. Miryo took out her hand phone and was busy recording the performance. She was thankful that Seulong was immersed in performing the song.

After the performance, the three boys ran as fast as they can to the back stage. Kwon was the only one left. “Ah what the hell. Yah! Why did you leave? We didn't even get a chance to bow!” He turned away to go to his friends.

“Best. Performance. Ever.” Jea said in betweent laughs. “I wish I could've recorded that.

Miryo raised her hand phone to them. “Oh, don't worry. I got it.

 

 

They were up for the last celebration of the night. Ga-in insisted to not celebrate it and just leave with the memory of them dressing in drag and dancing to a girl group's song, but Kwon insisted on finishing the celebration. He stood up on stage, dressed up formally but his bangs were sticking up. Then, the three men also came out to the stage. Just like Kwon, they were dressed up in suits and ties. 

“Yah, you three noonas. I know you recorded our performance a while ago. You should run when I finish this.” Seulong warned the three older girls, but they just stuck their tongue out at him.

Kwon shot Seulong a glare before speaking. “Noona-nim, thank you for staying until the end of my surprise.” he bowed. The three older girls cheered him. Jinwoon and Changmin were laughing at them while Seulong was scowling. 

“Now, for the last.” he sighed before continuing. 

 

“Noona, Happy 25th birthday! First of all, I hoped you and the noonas enjoyed this night. I really, really, really appreciate you staying until the end.

He stepped forward and smiled to his four audience. “I hope you will like our last gift.” with that, music started to play. Ga-in quickly recognized the tune of the music.

“Omo. That' Park Jinyoung's song right?” Narsha asked the maknae, who nodded.

The four of them sang Park Jinyoung's "I Returned", their voices blending beautifully. When the performance ended, the lights went off the stage. The four of them clapped and cheered for an encore. A few minutes later, the lights were back on the stage, but this time, it was only Kwon who was standing. 

He smiled, and then music started to play. The tune was unknown to the three of them, but Ga-in recognized it as well. She remembered when he sang that song to her two years ago.

 

-FLASHBACK: September 30, 2009, their first date-

Ga-in was being dragged by Kwon to go to the amusement park. “Noona, I haven't been there for a while. Play with me.” was his excuse to her.

“But I don't really like amusment parks. They have... High... Rides.” she said the last word quietly, hoping that Kwon did not hear it. 

“Noona, look! Roller coaster!” before Ga-in could protest, she was dragged by Kwon to the line. “YAAAH! You poop face!

After riding the roller coaster, Ga-in felt that her insides were turned upside down and her soul has left her body. Kwon, however was smiling from ear to ear. “Noona! Let's ride that one next!” he pointed at the bump car and started to drag Ga-in to the line. This is going to be a long day...’ she thought.

 

As the night got deeper, Kwon suggested that they ride the ferris wheel before they go home. Ga-in cannot take it anymore and protested. “Yah! Can't I at least pick a ride? You always pick the rides that we go into.” Kwon looked at her weirdly and started to .

“Why, are you afraid of heights?

Ga-in was caught off-guard with what he said. ‘Did he hear what I said earlier. Crap.’ she thought. “N-No!

Kwon smirked. ‘Got you. You're scared of heights.’ he thought. Kwon then grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the line for the ferris wheel. “Then let's go!

When they reached the front of the line, Ga-in suddenly pleaded. “Kwon-ah, let's not do this.

“Ah why not? We're already here. Come on, let's go.” he dragged Ga-in inside then closed the door. Ga-in was close to tears. “Omo. Umma-yaaaaaahhh!” she shouted, closing her eyes. Kwon just laughed at her.

“Yah! Yah! You poop face!” she started to flap her arms in front and to the side to know where Kwon was seated since she refuses to open her eyes. “Where are you?

Kwon was trying hard not to make a sound. “Yah! You kid! You better speak up or I'm going out of this death machine!” she threatened Kwon.

“Ah noona, how will you go out of this ride if we are already at the top.” he grabbed one of Ga-in's flapping arms. “Noona, you should open your eyes. The view is really beautiful.” he said from beside her. Ga-in shook her head in protest. “Ah come on noona~ Just open them and look at the view once. Then I won't bother you.

Ga-in sighed and opened her eyes. Kwon was not kidding. The view from the top was very breathtaking. She could see the tall buildings that she usually passes by in Seoul. She could also see the stars twinkling and the moon shining brightly. Ga-in was amazed by the view. She suddenly felt that something was weird with her left hand. She turned her head to the side to see Kwon's hand intertwined with hers.

“Yah. Is this your way of initiating skinship?” she raised her eyebrow at him

Kwon felt awkward and suddenly let go of her hand. “W-What skinship? You were flapping your arms wildly so I just grabbed one of them to make the flapping stop. Ah noona seriously.” he said, turning red and looking away.

Ga-in giggled to Kwon's reaction. ‘Silly boy.’ she thought. A few moments later, their time was up and they went down to the ground. “Kwon-ah.” she suddenly said when they got out of the ride.

“Hm?

“Give me a piggy back ride all the way to the car.

Kwon looked at her and raised his eyebrows. “What for?” he said, apparently irritated.

“What do you mean what for? Seriously. Ah! Nevermind.” she started to head back towards the parking lot. Kwon ran up and stopped, his back in front of her. He suddenly sat down. “Hop on.

Ga-in smiled and hopped on Kwon's back. “Ahh. Noona. You're heavy~” she slapped his back when he . As they were walking, Ga-in suddenly spoke.

“Kwon-ah. Can you sing me a song?” she suddenly requested.

Kwon was surprised with Ga-in's request. You know, I don't sing that often, but I'll let this slide. What song?

“Whatever song pops into your head.

He pouted and started to think of a song to sing to her. After a few minutes...

 

예쁜 먹어를 사주고 싶지만...

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

  있는게  노래 밖에 없다

Kwon was immersed in singing the song. He can still remember when he sang the same song to her two years ago. That's why he picked this to be the last song he sang for the night.

니가 받아 주길 바래 본다” he finished the song and bowed his head, the lights slowly dimming. The three older girls were clapping so hard and cheering. Narsha and Jea gave him a standing ovation.

Ga-in, however, was holding back her tears. 

 

 

The celebration ended. Seulong was still trying to get Miryo's phone but Narsha said, “Yah, Im Seulong. This is your payment for booking the four of us. Stop trying to get it back.” she snapped.

Jea and Ga-in were helping out Changmin and Jinwoon. “Ah, that's right.” she suddenly remembered.

“Where's Kwonnie?” Ga-in looked to Changmin and Jinwoon as her unnie asked the question.

The older one looked nervously at the maknae. “Noona. He went home already. He's actually not feeling well today. But he wanted to do this so badly. He's sorry if he wasn't able to say goodbye.

 

 

Ga-in bid farewell to her unnie's and Kwon's friends early. They were still planning to go out and drink but she passed. She said she was tired and needed some rest.

When she got to her apartment, she checked her hand phone. There was one unread message.

 

From: 010-0711-0828; 11:00pm

   Noona! I hope you had fun. ^^ Sorry if I wasn't able to say goodbye to all of you personally. I had to go home because I still have some work due tomorrow. ㅠㅠ

 Noona, let's be comfortable with each other from now on, alright? ^^ Good night noona! See you around! ^^

 

She stared at the number who sent the message. Ga-in was sure that she saw this number before. “No way....

 

“Kwon was the one who messaged me the other day.” 

Ga-in just shook her head in amusement. She knew that this was wrong. But she couldn't help it.

 

She was starting to fall in love with the man who left her at the altar two years ago.

 

a/n:

Wooow. Kwonnie sure has a lot of effort for doing this kind of surprise. And this sure is a loooong chapter. I can't help it, I had to but a flashback. And there will be more flashbacks as this fic goes on.

Oh, and the last song that Kwon sang was 2AM's debut song: "This Song" I forgot to write that down in the fic so... yeah. ._____.

To my subscribers and my silent readers: Thank youuuuu~ <3

Oh, and you all know that comments are surely appreciated. Till the next update. :D