Wish Granted

Start Over

 

“.....

“Noona?

 

Ga-in was silent after Kwon said his ‘secret’. Never in their history of dating in the past did he mention about his promise to his mother. Heck, he didn't even mention his parents when they were dating two years ago. He just said that they're fine and living happily overseas. She did not even know that they were separated. 

Kwon thought he made Ga-in uncomfortable by saying his promise to his mother. “Noona, it's getting late. Do you want to go home?” 

She just nodded, unable to look at him. Kwon smiled, stood up and offered his hand to Ga-in to help her. Ga-in took it. “Thank you.” she said with her small voice.

 

The walk back to the mall's parking lot was unusually quiet. Kwon made small talk just to ease the awkward atmosphere but it didn't work. He sighed and just gave up.

“Noona, did you bring your car today?” Kwon asked when they reached the parking lot. She shook her head. “I see. I'll take you home, okay?” Ga-in nodded.

They got on Kwon's car. He asked her where she lived, since maybe when she got her amnesia, she moved. But apparently, she didn't. Kwon nodded and they went off to her apartment.

 

Of course, the ride back to Ga-in's apartment was awkward. Kwon wanted to speak, but he's afraid he'll make the atmosphere more awkward. After a few minutes, he was surprised that Ga-in suddenly spoke.

 

“Kwon-ah.

“Yes, noona?

“What happened to your parents? I mean, are they together again now or..” she trailed off.

Kwon pouted his lips. “Oh. That. They're fine. But they're not together. My father's in New York while my mother is somewhere in Europe.

“I see. I'm sorry.” she suddenly said. Kwon looked confused. “Noona, why are you saying you're sorry?

Because, dummy. I didn't know about this. You're always smiling when we're together. It seems that you're life is perfect. But I guess it's not. she thought. 

“Ah why? Am I not allowed to say sorry whenever I want?” Ga-in said, making Kwon laugh.

“Noona, you're really unbelievable.” he shook his head. Ga-in slapped him in his arm. “But noona. What I said earlier was true. You really are the first person that I ever took in that park. Changmin hyung, Seulong hyung and Jinwoon doesn't even know that park.” he smiled.

Ga-in nodded. “Alright, alright. I get it.” she looked outside and noticed that they were approaching her building. “Omo. We're almost there.

 

A few minutes later, Kwon parked his car at the basement parking lot. He insisted on going with Ga-in until she reaches her door. Ga-in just shook her head and said yes.

“Noona, what floor is your unit?

“10th” Kwon pressed the button and the elevator went up. “Ah, I almost forgot.” he said as he was searching his bag for something. He handed her a sealed envelope.

“Huh? What's this? Money?” she said as they went out of the elevator. Kwon shook his head.

“Just open that when you go inside your unit.” he smiled. “Ehh. Can't I open it now?” Ga-in was curious and impatient. Kwon shook his head.

“Oh. Noona, this is your unit right?” He pointed at a door to his right. Ga-in nodded.

Kwon smiled and bowed. “Thank you for this day. I really appreciate it. I guess this is goodbye then.” Ga-in felt her heart tinge a bit when he uttered the word goodbye.

“What do you mean goodbye? We'll still see each other, right?

Kwon's eyebrows furrowed. “W– What was that noona?” Ga-in started to laugh.

“Yah, you kid. You're really weird. That means, I had fun even though you slept for like, half of the date. Let's do this again some other time.” she smiled.

Kwon's eyes widened. “Really?” Ga-in thought he sounded like a kid who just found his candy. She nodded.

“Assa! Noona, thank you. Really. I hope you rest well tonight.” Kwon smiled. “I'll be going then. Bye, Ga-in noona!” he waved.

Ga-in smiled at him and waved. She stayed at the corridor until Kwon got in the elevator. After a few minutes, she entered her apartment and plopped down the couch. Ga-in looked at the envelope that Kwon handed her.

“I wonder what that kid place in here.” she opened the envelope. She fell open in shock when she saw was was inside.

“Jo Kwon, you idiot. You really know how to make... AISH!! I give up. I really do.” she finally said. 

Inside the envelope there were two tickets to the latest concert of her all time idol, Park Jinyoung. And a note from Kwon.

 

“Ga-in noona! Thank you for today!  I hope you enjoy these. Sorry if I only got two tickets. >_< You can bring anyone you like to concert.  

Enjoy! ^o^

 

She smiled. “Really. Ugh. I give up.

 

 

The next day, someone was banging on Kwon's door. It was 8 in the morning and it was the weekend and they had no work. Kwon got up, irritated that his sleep was disturbed from the loud knocking. “Yah! I have a doorbell you know!” he said as he opened the door.

“Come here you brat.” Seulong locked one arm on Kwon's neck and started to ruffle his hair while they were entering the house followed by Jinwoon and Changmin who were behind him.

“Yah! YAH HYUNG! STOP IT!” Kwon was fighting to get out of Seulong's grip. “Aigoo~ Our Kwonnie is now improving. Why didn't you tell us about the park?

Kwon's eyes widened when he heard what his hyung said.  “W– What are you talking about? Where did you hear that?

Seulong let go of Kwon's neck and sat down on his couch. “I have my sources.” he said smugly.

“And by sources he means our three lovely noona friends.” Changmin answered Kwon's confused look. “It looks like Ga-in enjoyed your date.

Kwon was still confused on how his friends knew about the story of their date. “But hyung, how did you know? Did they tell you after Ga-in noona told them?

Changmin shook his head. “Nope. Remember when Jinwoonie told you that they're at the karaoke yesterday? They were actually waiting for me. While I was going to the karaoke place, I ran into Jea noona. We talked and I kind of invited her to go have fun. Then she told the other two noonas and then the six of us ended up hanging out at the karaoke. Then, Ga-in called and told them about your date. They placed it on speaker phone so that we can hear what she's saying.

Jinwoon came back from Kwon's kitchen with a bowl of cereal. “Kwonnie hyung, you're unbelievable, don't you know that? How can you just give away two tickets to Mr. Park Jinyoung's concert?

“Those were just given to me as a gift. I didn't even know you like him. I thought you liked british rock?” he raised his eyebrows at the maknae. “Besides, she's the only person I know who really really really idolizes him.

“And how did you know that she really liked Park Jinyoung?” Seulong retorted.

Kwon's expression became a bit bitter. “Well...

 

-FLASHBACK: November 10, 2009-

Kwon and Ga-in were walking around the mall, hand in hand. He wanted to go out so he asked her if she was doing anything. Luckily she wasn't. That's how they ended up walking around the mall. Ga-in thought that Kwon was going to give her something.

“Yeobo. What are we doing here anyway?” 

Kwon was looking at the shops that they were passing by. “Oh you know. Just wandering around.” he said absentmindedly.

He suddenly pulled her inside a CD Record Store. “Waah. I have been looking for this album for weeks.” he said as he picked up a cd by SNSD. Ga-in raised her eyebrows.

“SNSD. Really?” Kwon looked at her. “Tch. You're really a typical fanboy of them.” she let go of his hand and started to roam around the shop.

“Ah yeobo~ Why are you being like that again?” he suddenly followed her. Ga-in kept on ignoring him. As she was looking around, she saw a poster of Park Jinyoung. Below them was his latest album.

“Omoooo~! Jinyoung oppa relased another album!” she squealed. Now Kwon was the one who raised his eyebrows at her.

“Yeobo, you like him? HIM?” He gave her a weird look. “I can sing better than him.. Even thought I'm really not a professional singer.” he bragged. Ga-in ignored him.

“Omoooo~ I need to buy this.” she grabbed one and rushed to the counter, leaving Kwon behind. ‘What was that about?!’ he followed her to he counter.

Ga-in was smiling when the man was wrapping up her new cd. “Ahjussi, does this come with a free poster?” the man nodded. Ga-in's smile became wide. Kwon, however, looked irritated.

 

After they left the shop, Kwon decided that they go to a cafe to sit down. They went to the nearest one. Ga-in ordered coffee while Kwon settled for tea. 

Yeobo.” he said, looking a bit sad.

“What?

“I'll ask you a question. You have to answer honestly.” Ga-in nodded. 

“If me and Jinyoung hyung are both drowning at the same time, who will you save?

Ga-in looked at him, “Jinyoung oppa.” she said without hesitation.

Kwon looked at her. “What? You're joking right?” Ga-in shooked her head, looking serious.

“Yeobo.” he started to laugh nervously. “You're not joking? You'll really save him instead of me?

“Mm.

Kwon started to laugh more nervously. “Ah really. You're unbelievable you know that.” with that he turned to look outside. After a few minutes, he heard her laughing.

 

“Ah what's funny?” he snapped at her. Ga-in shook her head. “Your face. You're face is funny.” 

Kwon was getting irritated. “Yah. You can just leave and go to Jinyoung hyung. I'll be fine by myself.

“Why would I go to him if I already have you?” Ga-in said, making Kwon smile. “Really yeobo?

“Ah whatever.” she started to look away from him. She was never the type to express her feelings openly. Kwon knew that so he was thankful that she said those words. “But you know what.” Ga-in suddenly said.

 

“I really want to see Jinyoung oppa perform live.” 

 

Kwon noticed that there was a hint of disappointment in her voice. He made a mental note to find a way for Ga-in to see Park Jinyoung live.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“So after four years, you granted her wish. Smooth move, Kwon.” Seulong said sarcastically. Kwon glared at his hyung.

“At least I granted her wish.” 

Changmin was looking at him amazed. “Ohh. So that's why you wanted the four of us to sing his song. I can tell she was shocked and happy when we sang that to her on your surprise.” Kwon nodded. Jinwoon put his bowl down the table and asked Kwon something.

“Hyung, who do you think she'll bring to the concert then?

He shrugged. “I don't know. Maybe one of her un” before Kwon can finish his sentence, he saw that his phone lit up. Wondering who it was, he opened the message.

After reading the message, a smile crept up in his face, making his friends look at him weirdly.

 

 

From: Park Jinyoung's number 1 fan <3; 9:07am

  Kwon-ah. You're awake, right? Are you free this coming friday? Want to go to the concert with me?

 

a/n:

I smell another date coming for this shameless couple. HIHI. And LOL at Kwonnie being jealous of JYP.

To my subscribers and to my silent readers, thank you for still keeping up with my story. <3

Till my next update! :D