Bets Makes Games Interesting

Start Over

 

“Yah, Jung Jinwoon. Are you done eating?” Seulong asked the maknae. “Hurry up. Everyone's waiting outside.

They decided to play bowling after dinner. But Jinwoon was still not finished. “Hyung. Just. One. More. Bite.” He said as Seulong used his strength to try to lift him up his chair.

“If you eat one more bite, then you'll pay for the bowling fees later.” Upon hearing the word pay, Jinwoon suddenly stood up and went outside where Changmin, Kwon, Jea, Narsha, Miryo and Ga-in were waiting.

Seulong stepped out a few minutes later and handed back Kwon's card. “Thank you for the meal Mr. Jo Kwon.” he smirked. Kwon glared at him.

“So, Seulongie. Where is the bowling alley that you're saying?” Narsha asked him as they walked at the parking lot.

“It's just a few blocks from here. If you want I'll ride with you.

Jea turned to his direction. “Eh? But what about you're car?

“Noona, you sound like you don't want me in your van.” he teased. “I didn't bring my car. We carpooled using Changmin hyung's car. Hyung and Kwonnie still knows where the bowling place is. Right guys?” Seulong asked his two friends. They nodded.

“Great! So, we'll just meet up there!” Narsha exclaimed, her voice full of excitement. “And don't you two kids dare to run away.” she warned Kwon and Ga-in.

“Unnie! What are you saying?” Ga-in replied. Kwon just laughed at them.

“Yah, Kwon-ah. Remember, bowling alley. Not some other place where you two can date.” Narsha ignored Ga-in and turned to Kwon who smiled at her. Let's go, Im Seulongie~ Noona will show you something.” Narsha then pulled Seulong to their van.

“Ah noona! Stop showing me your blackmal video!” They heard Seulong shout as the door of the van closed.

“Kwon-ah. My car is parked on the other side. Just go with Ga-in. I'll see you guys later.” Changmin said. Jinwoon smiled and waved at the two of them before following Changmin like a little kid.

“Mm. See you guys later!” Kwon waved at his hyungs. “Noona, where's your car?” he asked Ga-in and at the same time extending his hand to her direction, apparently asking for her keys.

“Yah. You don't get to drive my car just because you know the directions.” she snapped at him. “I'm the noona.

“Tch. You always become the noona when you want something.” Kwon muttered under his breath. The two of them walked to Ga-in's car. “Get in and stop complaining you poop face.” she stuck her tongue out at him playfully and got inside the car. Kwon just smiled at her actions and went to the passengers seat side to get in. But when he tried to open the door, it was locked.

“Yeobo! What are you doing? Let me in!

Ga-in was just laughing at him. She started the car and drove off, making Kwon surprised.

 

“Yah! YEOBOOOOO~! WAIT FOR MEEEE~!” He started to run to catch up with Ga-in.

 

 

“Seriously, where are those two?” Miryo asked Seulong.

All of them arrived after 30 minutes except for Kwon and Ga-in. “Maybe those two decided to run off to somehere.” Changmin suggested. “Yah Jung Jinwoon, try calling your childhood hyung.” he turned to Jinwoon who was busy reading the rules of the bowling alley.

“Huh? Oh. Sure hyung.” The maknae took out his phone and pressed speed dial number two to call Kwon. After a few tries, Jinwoon gave up. “Hyung. He's not answering. It directs me to his voicemail. Maybe he's the one driving.

Jea took her phone out and called Ga-in. “Let me try.” after a few seconds, the other line picked up. “Yah. Son Ga-in. Where are you?

“Unnie, we're here.” Ga-in tapped Jea's shoulder and cut the call off. Jea lightly tapped her forehead.

“Aigooo. Son Ga-in. Why are you late? Yah did you take her somewhere again, Jo Kwon?” Jea now turned to Kwon who was behind Ga-in his head bowed down.

Kwon was looking apologetic. “Noona, I'm sorry. This is all my fault.” he bowed at them. Seulong was snickering at the side.

“Kwon-ah. Don't tell me you got lost.

“No, hyung. It's more of like...

 

-FLASHBACK: 1 Hour Earlier-

“Yeobo~ Why did you do that?” Kwon panted as he finally went inside Ga-in's car. Ga-in was still giggling when Kwon got in.

“Because it was fun.

“Ah what's fun with that?! I almost passed out running after you! This noona, really. Gets on my nerves...” Kwon started to talk really fast under his breath. 

Ga-in was just laughing. “I can still hear you. Yah, just tell me the directions now. I just want to get this over with.

“When you go out of the parking lot, just go straight.” Kwon intentionally made the direction wrong because he was irritated with Ga-in. She shrugged and followed Kwon's instructions.

 

“Yah.” Ga-in was tapping a sleeping Kwon at his chest. “Yah. Yah! Jo Kwon!” Kwon fell asleep as soon as Ga-in went out of the parking lot. She was driving around the block for 25 minutes now, no clue where to go. “Aish. This kid.

 

“YEOBOOOO!! YAAAAAHHHHH!!!

 

Kwon was startled with her shout. His eyes immediately opened and he shot up. “What? Where–?” he looked around. “Yeobo, why did you shout?

“What do you mean why did I shout? Can't you tell that we're lost?” Ga-in said giving Kwon a quick deadly glare before returning her eyes on the road again.

“What? I told you to drive straight then stop at the first stop sign. That's where the bowling alley is.

“You didn't say anything like that! You just told me to keep on going straight! That's why I have been driving around for how many minutes now. Aish.” Kwon could tell that she was irritated now.

“Yeobooo~ I'm sorry.

Ga-in did not say anything. “Yeobooo~” Kwon was doing his best aegyo at her. “I said I was sorry.

“Stop that. You're making me cringe.” she said coolly “Just tell me how to go there now. They might be waiting for us.

 

After 30 minutes, they arrived at the bowling alley's parking lot. Throughout the ride, Ga-in was quiet. This made Kwon very uncomfortable. “Noona, are you still mad?

Ga-in was still ignoring him.

“Noona~” he started to shook her arm. “Yeoboooo~

“Do you promise not to do that again?” Ga-in finally spoke, her voice full of authority.

“Mm. Noona. Yeobo, I'm really sorry.” Kwon bowed his head. “I promise I won't do it again.

Ga-in smiled. “Yeobo. You know what..” she leaned towards Kwon's direction, their faces close with each other, making him stiff.

 

“I'm sorry. That was a joke.” she smacked him in the forehead, leaned back and stuck her tongue out.

Kwon was flustered. “Ah what the hell?! What's with noona today and she's playing jokes at me.

“Well that's because I'm bored. Now stop whining and let's just go.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Okay. That is so... Yah you two are weird!” Seulong said.

“Yah, Im Seulong, they're just rubbing their relationship on our faces that's why they're like that. Omo. You two bad persons.” Narsha was teasing them.

“Noona~ It's not like that.” Kwon started to reason out but Jea raised her hand to stop him from talking. “Are we going to play or what?

Seulong stepped up, stretching his arms a bit. “Let's do this. You guys may not know this but I play bowling from time to time.” he smiled. “This will be a piece of cake.

“Yaaah. Don't talk like that Seulongie. I was a part of the bowling team when I was in high school.” Changmin said proudly.

“Enough with the bragging and let's just split teams.” Narsha was getting impatient. “Of course, the two of you will be on the same team.” she pointed at Kwon and Ga-in. “You guys! Let's go split teams~!” she shouted at the others.

“Yeobo, do you know how to play this?” Ga-in said to Kwon who shook his head. “Well, I have played bowling in a gaming console, but in real life? No. I just tag along Seulong sometimes when he plays. And he .” he laughed. “Not that he actually but, he puts too much power in the ball that it usuall goes in the gutter.

“You two love birds, stop going into your own world and get over here!” Jea shouted from the counter.

 

 

After arranging their things and buying food again, they went into their lane. Ga-in and Kwon were amused with who ended up with who.

“Changminnie, am I doing this right?” Narsha asked Changmin who just nodded at her. Jinwoon and Jea, who were partners, were just chatting with each other. Miryo and Seulong were also practicing a little bit in an empty lane.

Jinwoon suddenly whispered something to Jea. “Aigoo, Jinwoonie. You're a genius! You guys, come here for a second.” she motioned everyo!ne to come at her.

“You know how bets always make a game interesting, right? Well let's do that! Let's make this game interesting!

Everyone's facial expression was different when Jea suggested to have a bet. Ga-in was stiff while Kwon was just looking at Jea boredly. Miryo was worried and nudged Seulong who was just smiling. Narsha and Changmin looked at each other and nodded.

“Call!” Seulong, Changmin and Kwon shouted at the same time.

Jea clapped. “Great! The loser has to pay for the expeses then. Get ready you guys, we'll start in 10 minutes.” with that, Jea went back to talk with Jinwoon. Narsha and Changmin were now discussing their gameplan while Seulong was not helping Miryo practice more.

“Yah!” Ga-in slapped Kwon's arm. “What do you think you're doing? What if we lose?

Kwon rubbed his arm. “Noona, that hurts. Don't worry, we won't lose. Remember, I told you that Seulong hyung at this. As long as we hit a few pins we'll be fine.” he grabbed her wrist and dragged her to one of the empty lanes. “Now come on yeobo, we don't have much time. Let's practice a little bit!

 

After 10 minutes, they started to play the game. Everyone was having fun, but at the same time they were all nervous. No one wants to pay the bill.

“Wooh! Let's go Lee Changmin! Fighting!” Narsha cheered as Changmin was about to bowl his 4th ball. They were ahead of the game, with Jinwoon and Jea coming in second, Ga-in and Kwon third and Seulong and Miryo last.

“Aish.” Changmin shook his head. He missed three pins. “Yah hyung, why are you taking this seriously?” Seulong complained while Changmin readied himself. He rolled the ball but his ball went to the gutter.

“That's alright Changmin! As long as we are not last we're fine.” Narsha patted his shoulder as he sat down.

“Narsha noona are you making fun of us?” Seulong said at Narsha's direction, irritated. Narsha just stuck her tongue out at him. “Omo. Gainnie is up next. Gainnie fighting!

“Yeobo fighting!” Kwon shouted as Ga-in attempted to bowl. She let the ball go, glared at it like there's no tomorrow. Everyone was surprised at the result.

 

“Strike!!!!

 

Kwon jumped up and down from his seat. “Strike! Did you see that hyung?” he started to teased an unamused Seulong. “Yah, stop jumping. You're not the one who got the strike.” Kwon did not hear him and went to congratulate Ga-in.

Almost everyone got a strike after Ga-in's turn. Everyone except for Seulong and Miryo. Seulong's ball kept on going at the gutter while Miryo's ball can only hit two to four pins. The game ended with Narsha and Changmin winning, Seulong and Miryo losing. The other four were just glad that they weren't in the last place.

 

 

“Yah Im Seulong, I thought you were good at bowling!” Miryo snapped at Seulong while handing her card to the counter.

Seulong bowed at her for the fifth time. “Noona. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you another time. I'm really sorry.” He turned at his friends. “Yah. Who took out dumplings and ramen? And do you really need to take home those drinks?” He pointed at Kwon and Jinwoon who were carrying four cans of soda, looking innocently. “Put them back you kids!” he started to go towards their direction. Kwon decided to run for his life, followed by Jinwoon.

“Sorry hyung. But this is for every lunch meal that I gave you for free!” Kwon shouted from his shoulder, laughing. “Catch me if you can Seulongie hyung!

“Hyung! Wait for me! I don't want to die yet!” Jinwoon shouted at Kwon.

“Aish. You two come back here and put those back in the cooler!” Seulong said to his two friends.

“Im Seulong where do you think you're going?!” Miryo shouted at Seulong who was chasing his two dongsaengs around the empty lanes. “We still have to discuss how you'll pay me back!!

 

Changmin, Narsha, Jea and Ga-in were just staring at the four of them who were chasing each other. “Changmin-ah, I pity you for having weird friends.” Jea said, patting his shoulders. Narsha nodded in agreement.

“Noona, sometimes I wonder why am I friends with those three weirdos.” he said jokingly. Changmin suddenly turned to Ga-in to . “Ga-in ah, I pity you for having one of my weird friends as your boyfriend.

 

Ga-in just smiled and shook her head in amusement. “Oppa, sometimes I also wonder why I like your weird friend.

Narsha seized the opportunity to maknae. “So, why do you like Changmin's weird friend? she said, smirking.

 

“Unnie. Do I have to have a reason to like that kid? I just... I just like that kid.

Changmin looked at Jea, confused. “Changmin-ah, Ga-in is just like that. She doesn't really like to express her feelings, but what she just said, she really means it. It may just sound plain to you but to her, that the most romantic thing that she can say. That comes from her heart.” she whispered to him. Changmin smiled and nodded his head.

 

“Yeobo!” Kwon stopped in front of Ga-in, breathing heavily and handed her two of the soda cans. “Hide these so that we can drink it later. Omo, he's coming.” he started to run away again from an angry Seulong.

 

Ga-in just smiled while looking at Kwon who was running for his life.

 

a/n:

OTL. Sorry for the late (?) update. School started and well, you know how school goes. And I'm also sorry if this chapter a little bit. I just wanted to write what happened after they ate their dinner. Sorry. *bows*

I promise to make it up next chapter. I think I can update tomorrow or over the weekend since I have no classes.

To my subscribers and to my silent readers... Thank you for patiently waiting for the update. Thank yo so much for still keeping up with my fic. *bows*

Till my next update! :D