2nd First Date.. Success?

Start Over

 

 

Kwon stirred in his sleep as his clock was beeping. He doesn't want to wake up yet because he slept last night thinking and planning his first date with Ga-in. ‘The New Ga-in’ as he would say to his friends. He made a low, grunting sound as he stretched his hand to turn off the alarm. “It's still early~” he muttered and went back to sleep.

 

3 hours later, he was disturbed by his phone's ringing. Not bothering to open his eyes, he started to feel his way to his phone and answered it. “Hello?

“Kwon, are you awake?

 

It was Ga-in on the phone. He suddenly opened his eyes when he heard the sound of her voice on the other line. “Noona?

“Okay, so you're up.” she said. “Jinwoon was worried about you. You were not picking up his calls or replying to his messages. He actually thought that you died on your sleep.” Ga-in laughed awkwardly. 

“Anyway, he asked me to call you to see if you're still alive since he had a meeting to attend to. Oh, and he told me to tell you that you're 3 hours late.

Kwon checked his clock and sure enough, he was 3 hours late at work. “Eh, don't worry about that. I can just tell them I'm sick. Besides, did Jinwoon forget that I run that big company?

“So you're going to call sick on your own company? That's very smooth Mr. Jo Kwon.

“Ah noona, what's wrong with that? It's not like the company will fall apart today if I don't show up.” Kwon pouted.

He heard her laugh. “Alright. I get it. So, you're alive. Make sure you tell that to Jinwoon. I'm hanging up no

“NOONA! WAIT!” he shouted at her. “Ah what now?!” Ga-in's voice was irritated.

Kwon smiled. “You didn't forget our date, did you?

 

There was dead silence on the other line for 3 minutes. Kwon wondered if Ga-in hung up. “Noona? Ga-in noona? Ms. Son Ga-in? Are you still there?

He heard Ga-in coughed. “Ah. Yes. That.” Kwon's smile grew even wider.

“Noona, just go to the movie theater at Samseong-dong. I'll wait for you there.

“Samseong-dong... Are you talking about Mega Box at the Coex Mall?” she said with a hint of confusion i her voice.

Kwon nooded. “Yeah. I'll be there at around 6 in the evening. You'll show up right?

“Of– Of course. I'm not the kind of person to break a promise.” Ga-in's simple message made Kwon flinch. “I'll see you later. Now, can I hang up? I'm kind of in the middle of developing pictures.

 

“Sure noona. I'll see you later!” Kwon said happily and put his phone down.

 

 

From: Jinwoonie; 5:15pm

  Hyung. You really have no plan of showing your face to us before you go to your date? ㅠㅠ

 

Kwon read Jinwoon's message as he was waiting for Ga-in inside the theater lobby. He was too excited so he arrived an hour early.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 5:17pm

  No. ㅋㅋ You can video call me though if you want to see hyung's face. ㅎㅎ 

From: Jinwoonie; 5:20pm

   ..... No thanks hyung. Are you already waiting for her?

To: Jinwoonie; 5:22pm

   Mm. Better be here early that to be late.

From: Jinwoonie; 5:25pm

   Wow. Hyung. You are really unbelievable. You show up early for your date but for work... Wooow. If I was there I would smack you in the head. And Seulong hyung said that he'll kick you if he was there also.

To: Jinwoonie; 5:30pm

  You're with Seulong hyung right now?

From: Jinwoonie; 5:34pm

  Yes. We're at a noraebang near our office. We're waiting for Changmin hyung as well.

To: Jinwoonie; 5:36pm

   Woow. I want to come too. ㅠㅠ

From: Jinwoonie; 5:40pm

   Ditch your date then. ㅋ 

To: Jinwoonie; 5:42pm

   Ah you bad boy! I won't ditch Ga-in noona again. 

From: Jinwoonie; 5:45pm

   ㅋㅋ I was just kidding hyung. ^^

 

Kwon checked the time, there was only 10 minutes till 6. She must be on her way now. He thought. Kwon stood up from his seat and started to look at the movies that were being shown today.

 

 

Ga-in was running towards the mall. She was an hour late. “Is that kid even here?” her eyes were now searching for Kwon. She noticed someone sitting alone near the concession stand wearing a red cap, black hoodie, white pants and a high top sneakers. His head was bowed down, obviously sleeping.

 

“Kwon-ah?” Ga-in said, but no response came. She then poked the sides, making him jump. 

“YAH! YOU– Oh, hello Ga-in noona!” Kwon said, bowing politely. Ga-in just waved at him. “Were you waiting for a while? I'm sorry I'm late. I... got stuck in traffic.” she said.

Kwon was shaking his head. “Ah, no. I just arrive a little earlier that you. It's alright.” he looked at the time. “Noona, what movie do you want to watch?

Ga-in looked at the list of movies. “How about that one?” she pointed at a documentary. Kwon looked puzzled.

“Noona, are you sure? That might make you sleepy though.” Ga-in nodded. The reason why Ga-in picked the documentary was because to let Kwon sleep. She noticed that he was sleeping when she arrived. 

Kwon shrugged and paid for the movie. “Whatever you say, noona. Let's go!” with that, they started to go inside the theater.

 

 

“Kwon-ah?

 

They were already half-way through the movie when Ga-in decided to take a look at her side. Sure enough, she saw that Kwon was already sleeping, his mouth hanging wide open. Ga-in laughed and took out her phone, taking pictures of him sleeping. Now this is a sight that I don't want to miss. Kwon was still not moving making Ga-in wonder why he was sleepy this day.

 

“Kwon?” Ga-in nudged him. No response.

The movie already ended and they were the only ones left in the theater. She tried clapping in front of him but he's still not responding.

“Yah. Jo Kwon. The movie ended. Let's go.” she slapped his shoulder. Still no response. Ga-in started to be irritated. She did not imagine her date with Kwon would be like this. 

Ga-in moved closer to him, and whispered in his ear. “You kid. If you don't wake up I'll leave you here alone.” Kwon's eyes popped open. 

“What did you say noona?” he turned at her. “Wait, has the movie started? Where are the others?” he heard her laughing when he asked her those questions.

“The movie ended minutes ago. You slept for like, half of the movie. Aigoo~ If I only knew that my date would just sleep then I would've just stayed at the studio.” she started to tease a not so very amused Kwon.

“I slept?! Ga-in noona. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you.” he pouted. “Let's eat! My treat! Anywhere you want.

Ga-in smiled at him and grabbed him by the wrist. “Alright, let's go.

 

A few minutes later, they were eating at a ddukbeoki stand near the mall. “Mm! This is so good~” Ga-in said as she took another bite. Kwon looked at her, puzzled.

“Noona, you seriously want me to treat you here?” Ga-in nodded. “Why? What's wrong with eating ddukbeoki? Don't tell me you don't eat street food since you're oh-so classy and rich.

He shook his head. “No. It's just... Ah. Nevermind.” he sighed and went back to eat. After paying for their meal, an idea suddenly popped in Kwon's head.

“Noona! Let's go to the park!

 

 

As soon as they reached the park, Kwon laid down on the grass, eyes closed. Ga-in wondered if he was sleeping again. “Yah, are you sleeping again?” she said, slapping his hand.

“Ow! That hurts noona.” he opened his eyes and sat up straight next to her. 

“Why are we here anyway?” she suddenly asked him. Kwon was silent for a minute before he answered her question

“Noona, this park is very special to me. If this wasn't around, then maybe I wouldn't be born.” Ga-in was now confused. Kwon was still looking at afar. “This park is the place where my parents first met.

Now, Ga-in couldn't hide the shock from her face. But why did he bring me here? This is the first time that he'll actually talk about his parents. He never talked about his parents when we... she shook her head.

“My dad took me to this place when I was in the 3rd grade. He said that this is the exact same spot that him and my mother met. My mother thought that my father was dead because he wasn't moving. Turns out he was just sleeping soundly.” Kwon chuckled while reminicing the story his father told him.

 

“After I graduated high school, both of them were having problems. They won't tell me, but I can feel that something is wrong. After 4 months of trying, they gave up.

Ga-in was now looking at Kwon. She noticed that he was holding his tears back.

“I was so angry with the world. I didn't know what to do back then, noona. During my first year of college, I wasn't attending classes. I played hookey all the time. Jinwoon and Changming hyung were worried about me, but I told them I was fine. Deep down, I wasn't.” he closed his eyes for a bit, hoping that the tears that he was holding back won't come out. 

“Before my mother left me to go to Europe, she brought me back here again. She told me their story from her point of view. She assured me that everything will be okay, that I need to move forward with my life.

Kwon paused. “I don't know why. But after I talked with my mother, I started to fix myself. Eventually, I graduated and got my father's company. When I graduated, my mother came back just to congratulate me. I wished that she could stay, but she wouldn't. She said it's for the best.” he sighed.

“But before she went back to Europe, she brought me here. She told me to promise her something. Something that I would definitely not break.

Ga-in was now curious. “What was that?

 

“She told me to bring the girl that I want to marry in this park.” he now turned sideways, facing her and smiled. “Noona, want to know a secret?

No. Ga-in thought. “What secret?

 

Kwon's smile started to widen. “Noona, you're the first girl that I've ever brought here.

 

a/n:

Basically Kwon slept throught their date. I think Ga-in will use those pictures that she took when Kwon was sleeping to good use. *cough* blackmail *cough* And I think Kwon just proposed.. Again... Sort of. I think I made Kwon propose to Ga-in indirectly.

Ihh. To be honest I was having writer's block when I wrote this. The ending's kind of lame but the day is not yet over! I mean, I'm not yet done writing their first date. I want Ga-in's reaction to be seen on the next chapter.. Soo.. I guess this is like a cliffhanger? LOL. I don't know. I'm having a mental breakdown.

I'll make it up in the next chapter. I promise. >_<

To my subs & the silent readers: thanks for still reading my fic~ :D 

Comments are loved as always. <3 Till the next update!