The Top Businessman's First Scandal?

Start Over

 

 

-FLASHBACK: A week after the Noraebang encounter-

 

“Oh, Minyoung-ah. There you are.

 

Minyoung was back in her friend's office after going to the convience store. After the noraebang incident, she decided to lay low for a while and hide at her friend's office. She also accepted the job that was being offered to her, and that was to be a host of formal anf non-formal events.

“Why? Do you need something, Jaebum oppa?” She said, looking at her friend who nodded.

“Yes. Your food.” He playfully snatched Minyoung's sandwich before continuing. “And your time. Are you free the next friday?

Minyoung raised her eyebrow at Jaebum. “Why? Omo, oppa. Don't tell me you're asking me out on a date.

“Aigoo. This kid.” He knocked on Minyoung's head. “Oppa has someone, remember? No, I mean is your schedule free this friday. I'll be out of Korea so I need someone to take my place at this convention gala thingy for buisinessmen.

Minyoung checked her calendar for events. “No. I don't think so. I can cover for you, I guess.

“Thank you, Minyoung.” Jaebum sighed in relief. “I was actually going to ask Minhyuk hyung but I saw you first so you got the job.

“Right. Stop lying, oppa. I know you don't want Minhyuk oppa to cover for you since he might screw this up.” Minyoung said nonchalantly, making Jaebum laugh.

“Ey. It's not that. It's just.. Ah nevermind. He'll be accompanying you at the event anyway because you might need an extra hand.” Jaebum handed her the script and the list of attendees. “Here. You know what to do with these right?” Minyoung nodded. “Excellent. I'll go by Minhyuk hyung's spot to brief him on the event. Thank you so much for saving my life Minyoung-ah.

“This is nothing oppa.” She smiled at him. “Thank you for giving me this job. I needed something to do while I'm here at Korea anyway.” Jaebum smiled. He bid farewell to Minyoung to go to Minhyuk's spot. Minyoung waved him as he was walking away.

“Now, what king of business convention is this.” She flipped through the pages of the script. “Oh, so it's like a gathering of the big business company. Like their party. Well this should be fun.” Minyoung said sarcastically.

A familiar name caught her eye as she was reading through the list of attendees for the event. She sat up straight, eyes wide in shock and delight. She felt a smile curve up her face when she read the name out loud.

 

“Jo Kwon.

 

Minyoung placed the script and the list down at her desk and smiled from ear to ear. “Well, Kwonnie oppa will be there. Now the party is more fun.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

To: Yeob<3oh; 9:20am

   Yeobooooo~ Why can't you come with me later? >_<

 

Jo Kwon was slacking off again at work. He was too lazy to read all the reports and files that his co-workers were sending him. Jinwoon scolded him earlier when he passed by Kwon's office but he ignored him and gave him the reason that he's preparing himself for the convention later. Kwon was persuading Ga-in since the start of the week to accompany him but she kept on saying the same thing.

 

From: Yeob<3oh; 9:35am

  I still don't know my schedule. Aish. I've told you this since the start of the week. Go ask Jea unnie if she knows anything.

 

Kwon pouted at Ga-in's answer. “Maybe I should try asking Jea noona.” He started to write a message to her.

 

To: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 9:48am

   Jea noonaaaaa~~ Are you busy? ^^

From: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 9:53am

  Omo. Kwonnie! No, not really. Why?

To: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 9:55am

  That's a relief. Noona should not be busy because you might get stressed out. ㅋㅋ

From: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 10:00am

  Yah, Kwon ah. What do you need? You're not that sweet unless you need something.

To: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 10:02am 

  Ah I'm not like that noona! >_< I was just wondering if Ga-in noona has a schedule today.

From: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 10:10am

  Yeah. She has one. I'm about to give her the venue. It's an all day event and Narsha will be with her. Why, are you going to kidnap her or something?

 

Kwon frowned when he saw Jea's reply. “But I can't do anything about it. At least she's with Narsha noona.

 

To: Jea noona (The prettiest noona in the world); 10:15am

 Ah, I see~~ No, I'm just curious. ^^ Thank you noona. Take care! Let's hang out some time when you're free~ ^^

 

He placed his phone at his desk and sank to his chair. Kwon was now feeling gloomy since he wanted to spend the day with Ga-in. “Maybe I should just skip that convention.” He started to consider the idea when someone suddenly called him.

 

Hello?

“Yah. Fart face.

 

Kwon's face lit up when he heard the voice of his caller. “Yeobo!” He was smiling from ear to ear. “Yeoboooo~~

“Ah what? I guess you really asked Jea unnie, huh.” Ga-in let out a little laugh at the other line. “She told me that you messaged her. Yah, you're really unbelievable huh.

“Why noona? You wouldn't answer my question so I did what you told me.” Kwon pouted. “So I guess Jea noona gave you your schedule.

“She did. Don't worry. I'm with Narsha unnie. I'll be fine.” Ga-in assured Kwon, who sighed.

“I know.” Kwon started to play with his pen. “I know you'll be fine. You always say that.

“Omo. Kwon-ah. Narsha unnie is here. We have to go.” Ga-in said with a surprised voice. Kwon's mood was starting to go down again. “Yah Ga-in ah! Let's go! We haven't got all day!” He can hear Narsha shouting to Ga-in on the other line. “Who's that you're talking to? Is it Kwonnie? Hi Kwonnie! Put the phone down! We're running a little late! Just message each other!

“Yeobo. You better go.” Kwon laughed. “I know you said that you'll be fine but please take care of yourself. And say hi to Narsha noona for me.

“Alright. I got it, yeobo.” 

“I'm hanging up now yeobo. Take care. I'll message you a bit later.” Kwon paused, hesitating to say the last words that he wanted to say to her because he might make the atmosphere awkward. “Ah. One more thing, yeobo.

“What?” He can feel that Ga-in's voice was now full of irritation. Kwon gulped in nervousness. Jo Kwon just say it and hang up.

 

“I love you.” He bowed his head on the desk in embarrassment.

 

There was a pause before Ga-in spoke again. “Alright yeobo. I'm hanging up now. Have fun tonight and try not to exhaust yourself.” With that, she ended the conversation.

Kwon sighed. “Of course Ga-in noona will give me that reaction.” When he was about to place his phone on his pocket, he received a text message.

 

 

From: Yeob<3oh; 11:10am

    I love you too. ^^

 

 

Kwon was back at the restroom again. Two hours have passed, and he was absolutely bored with the convention, so he kept on going to the restroom to hide. “Ah. If Ga-in noona was here then I woudn't be hiding here.” Kwon checked his phone to see if Ga-in replied to his message. Sadly, there was no reply from her. “Maybe her event started.” He absentmidedly fixed his hair before going out.

When he went out of the restroom, he wished the no one would notice him but of course that would not happen. The people that he was talking to a while ago called him. Kwon sighed. Here we go again. He smiled while he approached them. They were talking and chatting when the lights at the hall dimmed a little and a femal voice echoed throughout the hall.

 

“Hello everyone and welcome to the 15th Annual Seoul Business Convention!” Everyone clapped. Kwon was still talking to someone, not realizing that the MC was someone that he knew.

“I hope everyone is having a great time tonight. I'm Lee Minyoung, your host for today's short program.

Jo Kwon suddenly turned his attention to the stage when he heard Minyoung's name. Sure enough, he saw his ex-girlfriend standing on stage, leading the show. His colleague noticed Kwon's sudden interest at the stage. “Kwon-ah. Do you know her?

“Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sort of.” He took out his phone to check if Ga-in replied. Nothing showed on his screen. “Sorry, where were we again?” He smiled.

His colleague felt that something was wrong with Kwon the minute he heard the MC's name. “Oh, nothing. Let's just watch the program.

 

The program was about the top 10 performers in the business world. Those who belonged to the top ten needed to go to the stage to receive a little token of appreciation. Jo Kwon didn't mind what was going on since Ga-in was now replying to his messages.

 

“And finally, our number one. The top performing businessman for this quarter is...” Minyoung looked at her cue card and smiled widely. “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce to you your top one business of the first quarter. A VERY VERY CLOSE friend of mine.” She emphasized on the words "very very close" making the audience whisper and curious on who she was referring to.

 

“Mr. Jo Kwon!

 

People clapped and turned their direction at Kwon who was busy replying to Ga-in. The man beside him nudged him to stand up. “Eh? Why? What's happening?” He said with an irritated voice.

“You have to go on stage. You're this quarter's number one.” His seatmate whispered. Kwon looked surprised. He was always on the top five but he never expected to be the top one this year. He smiled and walked up to the stage.

Minyoung handed him the small Plaque of Appreciation and shook his hand. She moved in close to him slowly, aware of cameras crazily flashing at them. “Oppa, Congratulations. You should throw a party or something.

Kwon just laughed at Minyoung's words. “Thank you, Minyoung-ah. I didn't know that you were hosting this one. I was suprised to see you here on stage.

He wasn't aware that the audience were now whispering crazily. 

 

“Are they going out?

 

“Is she kissing him?

“Jo Kwon has a girlfriend?

 

 

Minyoung smiled in victory. She was aware of all the whispers. She purposely moved a little more closer to Kwon, who was still dazed at the moment. “Oppa.” She whispered, making it look like they are kissing to the audience. The photographers are now clicking furiously, the reporters typing as fast as they can and people are now even more curious on what is their relationship status.

“Hm?” Kwon replied in a curious tone.

“Say hi to Ga-in noona for me when you see her, okay?

Kwon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Okay? Sure. I'll do that.” He backed away from her and smiled widely at the audience. The audience stopped whispering and clapped for him. He bowed before going down the stage. As soon as he got off the stage, he immediately took his phone out and messaged Ga-in.

“Daehee-nim, can I leave now?” He asked one of the organizers of the event.

The guy nodded at him. “I think so. You already got your plaque right?” Kwon nodded. “Yeah. You're good to go.

Before Kwon exited the hall, he waved at Minyoung who was taking a rest. Minyoung smile and approached him. “Oppa, is it rude if I ask for a friendly hug?

Kwon shook his head and was the first one to hug her. “I'll be going then.” He broke the hug quickly. “Bye! Good luck on hosting the show!” With that, Kwon ran out of the hall, obviously happy that he was free from the boredom of the event.

 

Minyoung flashed an evil smile after Kwon ran out. “Good luck with Ga-in unnie, Kwonnie oppa.

 

 

 

While Kwon was busy driving home, Ga-in was being observed by Narsha on their way back to Ga-in's apartment. Seulong was also constantly texting her.

“Yah. Ga-in ah. Are you sure you're really okay?” Narsha asked Ga-in for the fifth time. She nodded. “Listen to what me and Seulong are saying. Don't believe the news. You know Kwon, he wouldn't do that.” Narsha was trying to keep Ga-in cool. She sighed as Seulong sent her another message.

 

From: Babo Im Seulong; 11:30pm

  Ga-in ah. Remember what I told you at the noraebang? You promised me that you'll believe in Kwonnie no matter what happens. I'll figure things out. I'll ask the reporters. Don't you dare break your promise to me, Son Ga-in.

 

Ga-in sighed. She wished that time would just stop. Ga-in looked at the internet article at her phone again, hoping that it would disappear.

 

 

Today's Top Performing Businessman, Jo Kwon... Is he already taken? Read Jo Kwon's first scandal!

 

 

Ga-in sighed again as she looked at the photograph attached to the article of him and Minyoung on-stage, an angle shot looking like they're kissing. She started to reply to Seulong's message.

 

 

 

To: Babo Im Seulong; 11:47pm

  Don't worry. I won't. I still believe in Kwonnie.

 

a/n:

Hello everyone! Long time no update (?) Seriously, school is being a bother so I can't release chapters quickly. OTL

So, another long and I mean LONG update. I'm making it up to you guys for not updating so fast. LOL. So a Minyoung vs Ga-in but this time, Minyoung went too far.. for me >.< To explain the chapter, Minyoung planned to make a scandal with Kwon during the convention and she apparently succeeded. Now, South Korea is starting to think that they are a couple. And of course, Ga-in is bothered with this news, but she still believes in Kwonnie. Aww, Ga-in unnie. ;A;

If I can't update next week then I'm really sorry. I promise to update this. I swear. To be honest I don't think this is one of my best written chapters. >.< But yeah, I will update this.

To my subscribers and silent readers: Thank you for waiting! And thank you for still keeping up with my fic.

Comments are Jjang! Till my next update! :D