Fulfilled Promises

I won't last a day without you

 

“Ready for later?”

“Of course I am” Jessica answered on the other line “We’re going to Paris!”

Yuri chuckled “pack everything already?”

“Yeah, In fact I’ve already finished packing last week”

“I know…” Yuri smiles “can’t wait…”

“Me too…”

“I’m on my way to a meeting; I’ll pick you up at 6”

“Yeah, I’ll also get my beauty rest” Jessica said “Wouldn’t want to ruin our photos”

“You, ruining it? You could’ve wore a pajama and still turn everything in a photo shoot” Yuri states in fact “You are the most beautiful woman out there” Which made Jessica broke into a smile

“I’m your girlfriend already, stop acting like you’re still asking for my yes”

“I am stating a fact Ms. Jung” Yuri said and Jessica chuckle “What you don’t believe me? I could write a book about it”

“We’ll I’d be honored Ms. Kwon” Jessica said smiling

“Well as much as I’d love hearing your voice, I won’t keep you any longer, I’m sure your two lovely eyes are probably closing already” Yuri chuckled “See you later, I love you”

“I love you too”

 

Yuri glanced at her watch, 2PM. Her meeting for 3PM got cancelled. There were times that she would get annoyed in a situation like this, cancelling on the day of the meeting is so unprofessional but this time isn’t one of those times. In fact she’s thanking the universe.

She knocked but there’s no answer. It had been two hours since her talk with Jessica and she’s probably in deep slumber. Yuri entered the code and went inside. The five members are still living together and even when Yuri insisted that it’s not appropriate for her to know the girls code, Jessica argues that she trusted her and she’s right. It’s not like Yuri would just come barging in and it’s time like this that knowing the code is useful. Jessica informed her that all the girls were out for their schedules and just goes inside in case she’s sleeping.

 

Yuri headed to Jessica’s room, she knocked lightly but there were no response. She opened the door slowly keeping the sound low and broke into smile when she saw her girlfriend sleeping peacefully.

She walked to her slowly, smile never leaving her lips. It had been 2 years since their reconciliation and yet seeing her each time still takes her breath away.

She sits on the bed and reached out her hand fixing the strand of hair that falls on Jessica’s face and leaned to kiss her forehead.

 

Yuri stirred when her phone alarmed, she alarms it at 5:30 in case she fell asleep which she did. She turned it off and looked at the beauty beside her, she broke into smile as Jessica stirred and blinks for several seconds.

Jessica broke into a smile seeing Yuri and scooted closer to her and hugged her. “I miss you…” she whispered, snuggling to Yuri

Yuri smiled as she hugged her tightly “I miss you too.”

Jessica didn’t say a word after and Yuri could bet that she came back to deep slumber. They have to leave at 6 so they still have 30 minutes left to spare and let Jessica be with sleep that she likes.

 

30 minutes had passed and Jessica’s still unmoving and there’s no sign that she’ll wake up anytime soon. “Sica-ah, wake up…” She muttered, still hugging her but Jessica didn’t budge.

“Sica-ah…” She said tapping Jessica’s shoulder lightly, Jessica stirred from herself “I don’t want to separate you from your sleep but we’re going to be late if we don’t move now.”

The word ‘late’ had made Jessica jumped out. Yuri chuckles at the sight.

“What time is it? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Jessica scrambles reaching to her phone and sighed in relief when she saw the time, then looked at Yuri who we’re laughing at her; she then took a pillow and threw at her.

Yuri catches the pillow between laughs “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to, you’re just too funny right now.”

“I’m glad I made you laughed.” Jessica said and was about to leave the bed when Yuri pulled her into a hug

“You don’t just make me laughed.” She smiled as she embrace her tighter “You also make me an idiot too, because of you, half the time I don’t even know that I’m smiling. You’ve got me doing, drawing hearts around your name like we’re in high school.” As they both chuckles but not breaking the hug “Your smile never fails to make all the butterflies in my stomach flies each and every time. There were moments that you’d just sat next to me and I’d just forgot how to breathe. Sometimes when we’re having a moment, I’d suddenly say or do things that ruin it not because I find it too cheesy or anything. The truth is, I completely lose the ability to think properly when you look at me, explain why I am saying it while hugging you like this.” She smiles softly “I don’t know if you knew but you have no idea how my heart races when I see you, it felt like it’s going to tear out my chest. In other words, you make me lose the ability to control every part of my body, whether it’s your smile, your voice or just your mere presence. You can make me lose all of it in a snap that it’s actually driving me insane.” She said as she pulled from the hug and stares at Jessica sofly, which Jessica also gave in return “I love you so much.”

 

 

 

“Yuri?” Jessica called when she woke up without Yuri by her side and then stepped out of bed. She went outside the bedroom and heard a scrambling sound from the kitchen

“Yuri…”  Jessica muttered with a smile of her face

“Oh, you’re awake.” Yuri replied with a smile “I am making us dinner.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Jessica asked as she went towards Yuri

“You look so peaceful; I didn’t have the heart to wake you up.” Yuri said as she leaned and kissed on side of her head “And besides, I wanted to repay you for that tuna sandwich you made me last time.”

Jessica chuckles “Yeah, you should. I spent hour making those.”

Yuri chuckles “I know.”  Then she pulled a chair for Jessica to sit on and went to get a candle and lighted on the table. And pour a wine for her before she sits down on the other side.

 

They chatted about everything, with constant teasing and flirting like a high school going on their first date.

“This is so perfect.” Jessica said as she reached to hold Yuri’s hand

Yuri replied with a sweet smile “No, not yet…”

“Not yet?” Jessica looked at her in amusement and curiosity “It already feels perfect, if you still have something on your sleeve Ms. Kwon, I don’t know what to say.”

“Just say I love you.” Yuri said as she leaned and gave Jessica a kiss

“I love you.” She said smiling from ear to ear as Yuri went to the bedroom and brings out her phone

“Please tell me you didn’t record me while I’m snoring and drooling in my sleep.” Jessica joked as Yuri laughed

“Of course not.” She answered “But thanks you for the advice, I’ll be sure to film you.”

Jessica pinched her

“Found it.” Yuri said as she put down her phone and the music starts, as she extended her hand, “Shall we?”

Jessica smiles from ear to ear as she accepted her hand.

 

 

Tell me
Tell me that you want me
and I’ll be yours completely
for better or for worse

“I know we didn’t know each other, you know nothing about me, I know nothing about you, besides being someone who is loved by everyone” Yuri said as she looked at Jessica “all I know is.... I love you.”

 

I know, we'll have our disagreements,
Be fighting for no reason.
I wouldn't change it for the world.

“Jessica! THAT WAS YOUR DREAM!!!”

“BUT YOU’RE MY LIFE!!!” Jessica shouted back “and the happiness that you’re saying, Yul, you took all those happiness, when you choose to walk away”,


'Cause I knew the first day that I met you
I was never gonna let you,
Let you slip away.

And I still remember feeling nervous
And trying to find the words to
Get you here today.

“I’m giving you this ring, not because I’m proposing… I’m giving you this ring as a promise that no matter what happens, no matter how long it takes, I’m going to marry you…” Yuri said as she putted the ring on Jessica’s finger “so when that time comes, please marry me”

 

You make my heart feel like it's summer
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong.
That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one

“I’m giving you this ring as a promise that no matter how long it takes, no matter what happen I’m gonna wait until the day you ask me to marry youJessica said as she putted the ring on Yuri’s finger “and when that day comes, I’ll accept you with all of my heart, without hesitation”
 

Life is easy to be scared of.
With you I am prepared for
What is yet to come.

“I maybe broke all promises, but when I promise to love only you forever I meant it… when I promise to be yours forever, I meant every single of it


'Cause our two hearts will make it easy.
Joining up the pieces
Together making one.

 

“Can you forgive this, stupid, selfish, worthless girl?” Yuri asked as she bowed to her 360 degrees “and accepts me again?”

“I don’t need your apologize…” Jessica said as she looked at her “but I want you to promise to me…”


You make my heart feel like it's summer
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong.
That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one.


 

“When I call you, answer it. Don’t ignore my calls” Jessica said as the tears running down her cheeks, remembering how painful it is every time Yuri ignores her call


When we are together you make me feel like my mind is free                                                                                                        

and my dreams are reachable, whoa.
You know I never ever believed in love.                                                                                                                                            

I believed one day that you would come along and free me.

“When I say stays then stay not walk away… and when you promise to me, make sure that you’ll do it… cause if you don’t… I’m not really going to forgive you”


You make my heart feel like it's summer
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong.

“I promise…”



That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one.
That's how I know you are the one.

 

And just like that three days had passed and now on their way to Korea.

 

 

“I can’t believe we’re going back already.” Jessica whines as they seated on the plane “It feels like I just sleep and when I woke up three days had passed already.”

Yuri smile “I know. Me too”

“Can we extend three more days?” Jessica asked, pouting

Yuri kissed side of Jessica’s head “But you still have your schedules”

Jessica sighed deeply “And you have your non-stop meeting.”

“Should we go on a one month trip next time?”

“I wouldn’t mind two or three, but I know you’re seat at the board meeting already misses you to death after missing it for three days.” Jessica said “Why is it so clingy?”

 

“Why does it feel like that the flight hours is longer than our vacation, I’m so tired.” Jessica said yawning, leaning her head on Yuri’s shoulder as they seat on the back of the car

“You can sleep, I’ll wake you up when we get there.”

 

Jessica didn’t reply and went to the dreamland.

 

Ms. Park who who’s driving looked at the rearview mirror.

Yuri gave him a warm smile “Wish me luck.”

 

“Sica-ah,…” Yuri called softly “We’re here…”

Jessica blinks for a few seconds before she fully opened her eyes “Where are we?” she asked, seeing the unfamiliar surrounding

“I know you’re tired, but I have one more thing for you.”

Jessica unconsciously smiles “I always have strength for surprises.”

 

Yuri stepped outside as opened the door on Jessica’s side, then extended her which Jessica gladly took.

“How long did I fall asleep? Why are we in sea?” Jessica asked in delight “The wind feels so good.”

 “I’m glad you like it, I was worried that I might get your deadly glare for dragging you out here when you’re so tired.”

“I love it.” Jessica said softly as they walked closer to the water “The light from the moon is perfect too.” She said looking at its reflection at the water.

“Have I told you I love you today?” Yuri asked

“Many times.” Jessica answers smiling “But I’d like to hear it many more times too.”

“Alright then.” Yuri said as she cleared and faces the sea

 

“JESSICA, I LOVE YOU!!!”

“I LOVE YOU JUNG SOOYEON!!!”  She screams on top of her lungs, as they both laugh

 

Then Jessica “KWON YURI I LOVE YOU!!!”

 

“Do you remember?” Yuri asked

“What?”

“That promise.”

Jessica smiles “I would never forget.”

 


“I’m giving you this ring, not because I’m proposing… I’m giving you this ring as a promise that no matter what happens, no matter how long it takes, I’m going to marry you…”

Yuri holds both Jessica’s hand, facing her then smile. “I wanted to fulfill that promise now.”

 

“When I left years ago, I knew for sure that it’d be impossible to keep that promise. But there was not any day that I lost hope because I knew that it’d be you, Even when in pain, even when in doubts, even against all odds, it’s you.”

Jessica smiles at tears drop from her eyes, as Yuri took a box on her pocket and kneel in front of her “Jessica Jung… Jung Sooyeon, will you marry me?” she asked, tears on her eyes.

 

“I’m giving you this ring as a promise that no matter how long it takes, no matter what happen I’m gonna wait until the day you ask me to marry you” Jessica said as she putted the ring on Yuri’s finger “and when that day comes, I’ll accept you with all of my heart, without hesitation”

 

Jessica nodded as tears drops continuously, “Y-yes…”

“Yes?” Yuri asked in disbelief with tears

“Yes…” Jessica replied

Yuri put the ring on Jessica’s finger immediately, and then they shared a kiss.

 

“Yes!” Yuri screamed as she hugged Jessica tightly and spins her around.