The Neighbours

I won't last a day without you

 

“Sembreak just got started and I might not be able to update on TaeNy day because I’m going to have a vacation to our province, so I’m updating now”

 

For those who are having a sembreak like me, spend your vacation well!

 

Have a good day for all of you!!!

 

 




 

 

Yuri looked at Taeyeon from far away, even though she didn’t hear anything, she already knows what happen…

She walked slowly towards her, She wanted to say something but she knows that there’s no word that she can say to make her feel better.

 

“Thank you for not saying anything” Taeyeon said without looking at her “But do you mind if you could be my drink buddy tonight”

 

 

“I can’t be wrong… this and the handkerchief that the girl gave me 7 years ago is the same” Yoona said while quickly punching her code to get inside her condo

She quickly opened her drawer and took the small box with a handkerchief inside, then a smile formed on her lips “I finally found her.”

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

After their brother died and Yuri left, Yoona was sitting under the three on the backyard of her school, face on her knees crying…, she keep blaming herself for everything that happen, if it wasn’t for her, her brother won’t be dead, and Yuri won’t leave… then she felt someone sat beside her…

 

“I’m sorry, but do you mind if I sit here?” The girl asked

 

Yoona wanted to say “are you out your freaking mind, are you blind? do you know what’s happening here?”, but she didn’t respond at all

 

“I don’t know why you’re crying” the girl said “and I have no idea what you’ve been through to tell you that I understand why you’re crying… but everything happens for a reason”

 

Yoona just keep her head low,

 

“It may be worst now but in the future, you’ll know why it has happen” the girl said as she put a handkerchief beside Yoona then stood up

 

Yoona took the handkerchief and looked at the girl who’s now standing looking somewhere, then starts to walk

 

“w-wait!” Yoona said hesitantly “you’re handke----“

 

The girl smiled without looking at her “it’s okay… I’ll lend it to you for now”

 

“But I---“ Yoona got cut off

“It’s an important handkerchief to me, so don’t waste it” the girl said still not looking at her  “and  hope next time we meet again, you’re smiling and not crying anymore”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“I’m not crying anymore” Yoona said as she put the handkerchief on her chest

Yoona was on her own world, thinking of Seohyun, when her phone rang…

 

“Hello!” Yoona said cheerfully

“Can you go here?” Yuri asked from the other line

 

She don’t know what happen, but the way Yuri talks, she knows that’s something’s wrong “Y-yeah, Of course”

 

After pulling herself together, Jessica changed her clothes, put a sunglasses as she took her keys and went outside her room

 

“Where are you going?” Sunny asked full of concern

“Tiffany’s not answering any call” Jessica said “and you know what that means”

“You can stay, I’ll go find her”

“Tiffany was there when Yuri left” Jessica said “and I can’t stay here sulking about my ex who found her new love”

 

Yoona put the two handkerchiefs, in her drawer as she quickly went outside her condo…

She just got outside her condo, when she saw a girl wearing a white t-shirt, just got outside the room beside her… Yoona looked at her, she looked familiar but she couldn’t really tell who it is, since she was a back facing her now and wearing a sun glasses.

 

She was now walking beside her, when the girl drops her I.D…

“Miss, wait!” Yoona said as she quickly grabbed the I.D “you drop---“, she couldn’t finish what she’s gonna say when read the girls name “Jessica Jung”

 

She looked up and even though she’s a wearing a sunglasses she knows that they have the same expression, surprised, shocked.

 

“Yo-you dr-dropped it” Yoona said as she handed the I.D to Jessica

“Thanks” Jessica said as she took her I.D and forced a smile, well if it’s other people, she will smile and thank her willingly, but the girl standing in front f her is not just ordinary girl

 

Yoona and Jessica both stepped inside the elevator silently…

Yoona kept looking at her watch, sweating even though the whole building was in air condition. Of all times, of all people. It had to be her.

 

Yoona felt like the whole ride was long, and she sighed in relief when they reached the ground floor, but to her luck, the door had malfunction, it's not opening.

 

Then they both heard someone

 

“Sorry, for the inconvenience, we’ll fix this as soon as possible so please bear with it” someone said from the speaker

 

Yoon swore internally.

 

“You’re Yoona, right?” Jessica asked

“Y-yeah” Yoona answered as she looked at her unsurely

“You look better in person than in magazine”

“T-thanks” Yoona said awkwardly “you too”

 

“You live in this building?” Jessica asked

“Yeah… I got the unit 2 years ago” Yoona said “it’s next to your unit, but I've only been here a few times."

“I see” Jessica said “That’s why, we thought no one lived there”

 

Then Yoona’s phone rang…

 

“Hey, Yu---“, she didn’t finish Yuri’s name as she looked at Jessica

“Where are you?” Yuri asked

“I got stuck on the elevator”

You okay?"

“Yeah… they’re already fixing it” Yoona said “Don’t have to worry”

“Just get here as soon as possible” Yuri said

“I will."

“Be careful on your way” Yuri said

“I will” Yoona said then hung up

 

“Was that Yuri?” Jessica asked out of the blue

Yoona gulped, it’s not something that she’s expecting to hear from Jessica

“Y-yeah” Yoona answered unsurely

“You two okay?” Jessica asked

“Yeah, better” 

Jessica smiled “that’s good to hear”

Yoona just smiled

 

“Just a little piece of advise." Jessica said flatly "Don’t trust people too much”

 

Yoona knows where Jessica is coming from, whether it was intentional or not, that it was Mr. Lee's fault. Yuri had hurt Jessica more than she can imagine but hearing words like that thrown at her sister still annoyed and pissed her off. 

 

“Yuri told me about you” Yoona said And even though she was behind Jessica she knows that it caught her off-guard "She--"

“People said they love you even when they don’t” Jessica said “whe---“

“When she said she love you she meant it."

 

Surprised plastered on Jessica's face, she didn;t expect to hear that coming from the new girlfriend.

 

“And I believed her."  Jessica said then elevator opened "And that was the biggest mistake that I ever did" she was about to stepped outside when Yonna grabbed her wrist.

“I’ve known her since we we’re little” Yoona said holding on Jessica's wrist lightly “So I know when she said she love you she meant it. And when I said she meant it… she will die for you”, then let go of Jessica and walked passed on her

 

 

“I’m sorry” Yuri said without looking at Taeyeon, she couldn’t find strength to look at her best friend right now

“Don’t apologize, Yul” Taeyeon said “it’s not your fault”

 

Yuri just looked down; she fully knows that it’s all her fault

 

“How do you manage to wake up every morning, walk, talk and smile when it hurts like this?” Taeyeon asked

“Becaus I have to” Yuri answered as she looked up at the sky “Because I have to face all the consequences of my decisions”

“Does leaving everything here made you feel better?” Taeyeon asked

“I thought at first, especially when you’re so busy, there's so many people around you” Yuri said “but at the end of the day, when you’re all alone it still hurts, and all you can do is endure it”

“Does it still hurt?”

"Hurts more than hell” Yuri answered “it hurts as if it was just yesterday”

“You’re planning to leave, right?”

Yuri looked at her “yeah… for the better”

"Let's go then."

“Taeng, you don’t have to leave” Yuri said “you and Tiffany, you can still work it out… just talk to her”

Taeyeon smiled bitterly “I don’t think so, Yul. The way she looked at me earlier, it’s says that it’s hopeless”

“I can talk to her” 

Taeyeon smiled dryly “How can you fix my problem when you can’t even fix your own”

“Jessica and me, we’re different” Yuri said “you did---“

“We’re the same, Yul” Taeyeon cut her off “We both lie”

 

“I know I may be sensitive to say this but can we stop the drama, just this time” Yoona said behind them

Taeyeon and Yuri looked at her

 

“Why?, did something?” Taeyeon asked

“A lot” Yoona said as she sits beside Taeyeon

“What’s with that I-came-from-drama face?” Yuri asked

 

“Taeng, why didn’t you tell me that they’re my neighbour?” Yoona asked

“Does it matter?” Taeyeon asked “They didn’t even know you”

“Then how in the world Jessica knows that I know Yuri?”

 

"What?" Both Yuri and Taeyeon looked at her in surprised

 

“She knew and the way she talks about Yuri---“

“You don’t have to say it” Yuri said “I already know it, she’s angry, she hates me”

“She’s way past hating you." Yoona said “If words could kill, I bet you’re already dead”

 “Trust me, I know that look” Taeyeon said “That’s how Tiffany looked at me earlier”

“Am I stupid , if I asked, if you’re okay?” Yoona asked

“No, but you’re freaking crazy woman” Taeyeon said

 

Yoona laughed “you know, I am thinking now if I should stay with the two of you”

 

“Why?” Yuri asked

“Have you seen your face?” Yoona asked “both of you look like a member of unrequited love”

“Wow!, came from a person who’s looking for a no face girl for almost 7 years” Taeyeon said “If we choose a president it should be you”

“Well, not anymore…” Yoona said as she smiled

 “why I don’t know this story?” Yuri asked

“Because you’re not here for me to tell you” Yoona said

“You could have told me on the phone” Yuri said

“I don’t think telling you love story, is a really good idea” Yoona said

“If it’s my baby sisters love story, of course I have to hear it” 

“Can we cut the love story part, cause actually, there’s still none” Taeyeon said “so you already found her?”

 

Yoona nodded happily

 

“really?” Yuri asked curiously “who’s the girl with no face”

“can you stop call her girl with no face” Yoona said “cause she’s beautiful”

“beautiful?” Taeyeon asked “you sure?”

“of course, beautiful thing that ever existed” Yoona said

“she’s not” Taeyeon and Yuri said unison

“I get it” Yoona said as she looked at the two of them “then the most beautiful girl that I’ve ever met, is that okay?”

“so, care to tell us her name?” Taeyeon asked

“Seohyun” Yoona whispered

 

But it’s enough for Taeyeon and Yuri to hear it

 

“you’re kidding, right?” Taeyeon asked

“do I look like I’m joking?” Yoona asked back

“nope… but I’m hoping that you’re just joking” Yuri said

“got a problem with Seohyun?” Yoona asked

“no… nothing” Yuri answered “it’s just that, you know, me and Jessica, Tiff and Taeng”

“yeah… she’s nice but, she love her unnies very much” Taeyeon said

“do you think, I don’t stand a chance?” Yoona asked worriedly

“I don’t know” Taeyeon said “but if it end up to worst, we’re more than willing to welcome you at our unrequited love club on the other side of the world”

 

Yoona laughed “you’re saying as if you two are---“

Yuri looked away, while Taeyeon just looked down

 

“Yoona! Wait!” Yuri said as she followed Yoona walking at the corridor of the hotel “just let me explain!”

 

Yoona ignored her and fasten her pace,

Yoona punched the code of her room and was gonna go inside when Yuri blocked her way “Just hear me out”

 

“I don’t need to hear anything Yul!” Yoona said harshly “you’re leaving, means you're leaving me again, alone”

“I don’t wanna leave” Yuri explained "God knows how mu---"

“Then don’t!!!” Yoona screamed at her

“But I have to” Yuri said as she looked down “I can’t stay here and watch her cry”

"Then make her stop dammit!” Yoona screamed again

“How can I make her stop when every time she' sees me all she will remember is me, who left and hurt her?" Yuri asked

“you know what I’ve been thinking right now?” Yoona asked "That may be she was right, maybe loving you was her greatest mistake... you can face and tell her how much you love her, but you choose the opposite, because you’re a coward!” She said as she turned around and gonna leave when Yuri grabbed her wrist

 

“I feel sorry for Jessica” Yoona said as she jerked her hands from Yuri “I feel sorry for her, for loving a coward like you”

 

“Yoon----“

“Don’t you there follow me this time, Yul” Yoona said in a serious tone “Because if you do, I will never forgive you”, then left Yuri unmoving

Yuri knows better than anyone that she wasn’t joking when she said that and making angrier is the last thing that she would want to happen

 

 

“Are you really gonna stay there and not gonna follow her?” Jessica asked from behind

 

 

 

Next Chapter:

YulSic’s Confession

 

 

Preview

 

"when you say you love me, did you ever mean it?”

“I never stop loving you"

 

 

“it hurts thinking that our story just end like this” 

“because we don’t live in fairy tales, Jess” 

 

 

“THAT WAS YOUR DREAM!!!”

“BUT YOU”RE MY LIFE!!!” 

 

 

 

I have another story, I hope you can visit my profile and check it out!

 

 

So guy’s excited for the next chapter???

 

 

 

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave a comment

Violent reactions are always welcome… XD