Truth Revealed

I won't last a day without you

This update is really unexpected but I’m just so happy today :) 

520!

 

Ring! Ring!

 

Yuri woke up from the sound of her phone, she looked at the digital clock beside her bed… 6:14 AM..

 

“Secretary Kang” was registered as the callers ID… her secretary never called her early in the morning especially when it’s supposed to be her day-off, so it must be very important for her to call, as she answered her phone..

 

“I’m sorry for calling this early Ms. Kwon” the secretary apologizes

“I bet it’s important, so it’s fine” Yuri said

“I know it’s supposed to be your day-off, but…. Mr. Lee called a special meeting and expecting you to be there”

“especial meeting?... about what?” Yuri asked

“I’m really sorry, Ms. Kwon… but all Mr. Lee’s secretary told me was it’s a meeting that you should attend”

 

Yuri sighwhat’s does he want this time

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I woke up from bed and went to take a glass of water when I saw a familiar figure busy with something on the kitchen

 

“Jessi..?” I called unsurely, well who won’t…the fact that it’s 6:30 in the morning and she was up from bed without a schedule this morning is surely a miracle… let alone that she is preparing for, what the!!

 Is she gonna cook?????... no, definitely not!

“good morning, Tiff” Jessica greeted me

“I thought you have no schedule this early” I said as I pour a water on the glass, and drink it

“I don’t have…” Jessica said not taking her eyes-off on whatever she’s doing “Yuri and I are supposed to have a breakfast together”

 

that explain… well, if you’re gonna ask, she can wake up this early just to have a breakfast with Yuri, stay up late just to talk to Yuri… and basically, she can abandon her beloved bed and beauty rest just for Yuri

 

“supposed?” I asked, that word caught my attention “why?... postponed?”

“unfortunately, she had a call this morning needed her in company for a meeting” Jessica said disappointedly… who wouldn’t, just like Taeyeon and me, they are both busy, but the difference is, Yuri is the President of the company, so no matter how dying they are to see each other they can’t especially when Yuri have her work matters…

“then why are you… you’re cooking, right?” I asked unsurely, she never cooked and seeing her holding tools for cooking is definitely something to ask about

 

She chuckled “you know, I can’t…, I’m just making a tuna sandwich”

 

“making a tuna sandwich are supposedly 5-10 minutes, but I guess, you’re already an hour there” I joked

“yah!...” she yelled at me

“hahaha… but seriously, make sure you taste it first before you let her eat it”,,, I stated, I mean, still remember the last time she made it, I swear to God, if she isn’t my friend and she made me eat something like that…. I swear to God…

“don’t worry… it’s 100% better than the last time” She said proudly “wanna taste?”

“no..” shaking my head “I don’t wanna die yet, I can’t leave Tae-Tae alone”

“yah! Hwang, do you wanna die?” she asked jokingly, which I responded with a chuckle

 

End of POV

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“good morning, Ms. Kwon” my secretary greeted me

“good morning…” I greeted back “has Mr. Lee arrive yet?”

“yes…, she’s waiting for you” she answered, which caught my attention

 

I stopped from tracks as I asked “waiting for me?... I thought the meeting will be held at 8:00… am I late?”

 

“no… ma’am”… she answered, still looking at her.. “Mr. Lee, he----“, and before she could finish what she’s gonna say, I asked her

 

“is this meeting, just me and Mr. Lee?” I asked, which I’m pretty sure, right…

 

She looked down “I’m sorry…”

 

I sighed “it’s fine…”, it’s either that Lee threatened her or he threatened her. Period…

 

“you can leave now…” I told my secretary when we reach the door of Mr. Lee’s office, the knock…

“good morning, ma’am” welcome by his secretary “he’s waiting for you”

 

“so, what’s this special meeting about?” I asked as soon as I saw him sitting like a king on his own kingdom

 

He threw a pile of folder on his desk, which I now get why he was throwing a fir early this morning… I just rejected almost all of his business partners…. it wasn’t personal or something, but since I came here, actually before I became the president of this company, I’m pretty sure how he handled doing business here, he never asked for that artist opinions, he just deals everything even if it’s leaving his artist no time to rest

 

“I told you… overworking our artist will not do us any food” I said in a very calm manner…

“are you trying to personal me?” he asked gritting his teeth

“how many times do we have to make this things clear Mr. Lee?” I asked calmly

“until a sense knock in your head that this isn’t how you do business!” he said, he surely not good in handling her temper “we’re losing millions!”

“we will lose billions if the artist fainted during a performance” I stated

“they were trained for that matters!” he groaned, which made me starts to lose my temper… they were trained to be at their best, not to be a slave

I walked closer to him “I’ve told you this before but seems that you don’t remember it… if you don’t want how the way I handled things here, the door is open wide, I will not stop you”

“you!.. how dare you tal-----“

“I can’t believe I skip having a breakfast with Jessica for this”… I said as I leave

“Kwon YURI!!!” he shouted, and I’m pretty sure that he get up from that sit to follow me… I really can’t believe that I skip a breakfast with her for this

“we’re not done talking!!!” he continue as I pass in front of his secretary, and seriously gonna leave this room and meet Jessica, when he shouted something that made me stop…

 

“Jessica…” he said now in a almost whispered but enough for me to hear it, and even though I can’t see it, he’s surely grinning for making me stop…

 

I turned to him… then I looked at his secretary, which I guess she understood because went outside the room without a second…

 

“you got her back, why are you still here messing with me?!” he asked really losing it

“messing with you?” I let out a dry laugh “the last time, it was you who put yourself on what situation you’re in…”

“bull!... that’s a Bull!!!”… he shouted “if you think that you’re already won, you’re wrong!”

“I have no intention of fighting you not before not now” I stated “you’re not worth a second of my time”

“well think again…, if I could get rid of you before what makes you think I can’t now?” he asked, “I can always bring you the way you were before… the Kwon Yuri who walk away because I told her to, you who cowardly walk away”

 

I was gonna say something when a familiar voice interrupted me from behind

 

“Yul?...”

 

Both me and Lee looked at her…

 

“Jessica...” I muttered, staring at her… her eyes, was teary, and this time, it’s not love that can reflect in her eyes … it’s pain, anger…

 

“it was you?” she asked, but more like stated, to him…

 

“Jessica, let’s get out of here…” I said taking her hands, as much as I wanted to tell her everything that was happen in the past, Mr. Lee is someone she looked up for, and telling her that, it felt so wrong…

 

She brushed my hand as he walked closer to him “I trusted you!!”

 

“Sooyeon, I can explain…” he said calmly

“explain!??” she asked angrily

“I did it for you…” Mr. Lee said

“for me?... now that’s a bull!!” she shouted

“if I didn’t do that, do you think you are what you are now?” He said “I made you!”

 

“let’s just go…” I said holding her hand again, before getting it worst than it is now…

 

“why don’t you leave us alone?” he said looking at me, and as much as I wanna take her away from this, I guess it cannot be help...

 

I was gonna walk away when this time, she’s the one who hold my hand…

 

“don’t you dare walk away this time…” she said looking at me…

 

I smiled as I hold her hand right on mine “I won’t, not without you”… then she smiled at me which is a good sign for us to leave, as I lead her to the door…. Lee, said something again… can he just shut for the sake of his life…

 

“you don’t need her!!” Lee said “you’re too good for that trash, you don’t deser----“

 

PAK!!!

 

“I can’t believe I treated you like a father”… and with that we finally left…

 

I bring her to the rooftop to calm her down….

 

as much as I want to say something, I don’t know where I start… Silence roams around us, until she broke it…

 

“why didn’t you tell me?” pain was evident on her voice “you should’ve told me”

“because it doesn’t matter” I said

“Yul, 3 years, for 3 years I’ve been crying all night, because of him and you’re saying it doesn’t matter?” she said

“because I didn’t left just because he told me to” I told her honestly “it’s true that’s he told me to stay away from you… but I left not because he told me too”

 

I hold her hand as I stare at those eyes,

“there’s so many things that you don’t know about me, and I don’t want to be you while keeping all those secrets…, I don’t wanna drag you in my messed-up life… I left because one day I was hoping that if ever this day would come, I can look at you without worrying that I have to keep secrets from you, secrets that I could not tell you before but now I can… everything”

 

“I’m not that dumb to not know that there’s something you’re not telling me… you’re living alone, no pictures of your family… you never even say a word about them…” she said as she cupped my face “but you know why I never ask?... because I know deep in my heart, you are a good person, that’s why I fell in love with you…”

 

“I was a runa----“

 

She shook her head as she stops me from talking “you don’t have to tell everything right now, just please…. Don’t lie to me”

 

I smiled “I won’t… I promise”

 

“and Yul, this is the last time that I will say this so listen carefully…” she said as stares at me “don’t you ever, ever, walk away again…”

“Never… I promise”

 

End of POV

 

“Yul, are…… you….. sure about this?” Jessica asked worriedly

“why?” Yuri looked at her innocently “this cafeteria is for everyone…”

 

Jessica looked around as they become the center of attention at the company’s cafeteria “I know… but don’t you think it’s------“

 

“can I not enjoy the food that my girlfriend made for me in this cafeteria?” `

“I do----“

“I’m hungry----“ Yuri whine

 

Jessica sighed in defeat, as she unpack the sandwiches that she made for her

 

“wow!... my Jessica is Jjang!” Yuri said cheerfully

“here…” Jessica said as she handed her a sandwich

“thank you…” Yuri said as she took a bite

“how is it?” Jessica asked with anticipation

“it’s de----“

“you just promise to me…” Jessica said “don’t lie”

 

Yuri chuckled “and how do you know that I’m gonna lie?”

 

“because you totally love me” Jessica said proudly

 

Yuri smiled “I do… so much…”

“if Tiffany didn’t tell me that sandwich is worst, I would never  know” Jessica said sadly “I almost kill you last time”

“I would die for you, you know” Yuri stated as she took another bite again

“and you’re gonna die on my hands if you lie this time” Jessica said

 

Yuri smiled “it’s really delicious…. It’s much better than the last time… but it doesn’t matter because I’m gonna eat everything that you made wholeheartedly”

 

Jessica smiled as she stuffed whole bread on Yuri’s mouth “always cheesy"

 

^__^