Slight Comfort

Taming The Number One Player

 “Welcome back to Korea miss, we’ve all missed you.” The head butler speaks as the rest of the staff stand in straight lines, separated by gender bowing down to the young mistress who had just arrived home after being gone for three years.

“Ah it’s good to be back, send someone to go bring my bags to my room.”

“Right away, Miss.”

*Oppa, I’m back*


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Alright, class dismissed for the day.”

Sunghee heaved a sigh, *Thank god school is over, I can finally relax.*

As Sunghee closed her locker and slung her book bag over her shoulder, suddenly she heard, “SUNGHEE-AH” Called out by an obnoxiously loud, deep voice that attracted the attention of nearby students who were giving her dirty looks as they noticed her baby bump. Sunghee suddenly began to feel self-cautious and hurt.*Who are they to judge me?*

Sunghee groaned immediately recognizing the owners voice. *Himchan oppa*

Not being in the mood to put up with Himchan’s antics, she decided to ignore him. She continued her walk towards the schools exit, acting as if she hadn’t heard Himchan.

“YAH SUNGHEE! PARK SUNGHEE, OPPAS CALLING FOR YOU. DON’T BE THIS WAY, I LOVE YOU!”

As if staring wasn’t enough, the students began whispering among themselves.

“Yah, do you think Himchan oppa is that s baby daddy?”
“Omo! How could she have lured my oppa!”
“No way! He can’t be the dad. We all know she sleeps around.”
“I bet he just pities her like Yongguk oppa who was cursed to stick by her side.”
“Bet you girls the father is a old married ajusshi!”


*Do they think I’m deaf or what.*
Sunghee came to an abrupt stop, already on the verge of tears. *Breathe in and ignore them. Why should I care about what they think? Damn these hormones.*

Smirking, Himchan ran up to her. “Yah how could you ignore me? I was calling for you!” He whined cutely. But his playfulness immediately faded as he saw the tears threatening to spill out of Sunghee’s eyes at any second. His heart broke seeing her look so hurt.

“Sunghee what’s wrong?” Himchan asked, his voice barely audible as concern washed over his face

“Nothing. Aish oppa you’re so embarrassing!” Sunghee scolded, hoping to avoid the conversation.

“Yah don’t lie to me, you know better than that.”

“Oppa, it’s really nothing! Don’t worry.”

Letting out a heavy sigh, Himchan was about to gently pat Sunghee’s back to comfort her when he heard a small group of girls whisper vulgar things about Sunghee and that, was when everything clicked. *This is why she’s upset*

Himchan gave Sunghee one meaningful glance before pulling her into a hug, shocking many of the rude onlookers. Sunghee froze.

*Why is my heart beating so fast?*


“Pabo, did you really let those ruthless s words get to you? What happened to my strong hearted, sharp tongue and witty little dongsaeng?”
“I can’t help it, I’m only human and in case you forgot, I’m pregnant also.”

*Pregnant? Right, I forgot.* Himchan couldn’t quite stop the dull ache that hit his heart when he remembered.

“Ignore them, they’re useless judgemental ignorant s who aren’t important to you. So forget what they said okay?” WIth that, Himchan let go of Sunghee and glared at all the people looking at them.

“YAH!” The students froze, standing still with their mouths gaped. They were simply shocked, not once had they ever seen Himchan angry, let alone shout. it was completely new and to be frank, they were terrified.
“So all of you s think that it’s okay to talk behind Sunghee’s back and gossip cruel, vulgar things about her? Do you think that she can’t hear your hurtful words? What makes all of you any greater than her? Gossiping like theres no tomorrow. So what if she messed up one time, move on and this shouldn’t even bother any of you, since none of you have any significance to her at anyways. So drop it and move on with your lives and worry about yourselves. And if I ever hear anymore gossip coming from anyone’s mouth about Sunghee, you’ll all be sorry.” Finally after hearing Himchan’s mini threat/lecture, everyone stood there frozen. Even Sunghee was shocked since it was rare to see Himchan being serious.

“What are you all doing just staring? Leave.” With that, students scattered around leaving to go home as fast as possible.

“Oppa...” Sunghee couldn’t even begin to speak as tears brimmed her eyes.

“Oh, Sunghee-ah why are you crying? I told those s off for you! Don’t cry, i’ll make sure that this doesn’t happen again, okay? So smile kiddo.”

“No oppa, it’s not that.” Sunghee smiled

“Hm? Then what is it?”

“I just wanna say thank you and I’m really grateful for what you just did.” Sunghee happily said as she enveloped Himchan into a tight hug. “Really oppa, i’m really, really grateful.”

And with that, Himchan’s heart accelerated too fast from just a simple hug. *Aish am I having heartburn right now or what.* “No problem Sunghee, if anything or anyone bothers you tell me because that is what Chan oppa is here to do. PROTECT YOU FROM THE BAD GUYS! WOOT!”

“Aish oppa, you’re silly.” Sunghee said as she let Himchan out of her embrace, both missing the sweet warmth from their hug. “Anyways why did you call me earlier?”

“Oh yeah! Oh man, the guys might be mad that I made them wait for a bit. But they wanted me to come and remind you about us hanging again and Yongguk sleeping over at one of our houses. You still have money to get food for when you’re hungry right?

“Oh yeah and check!”

“Our numbers in case of an emergency?”

“Check!”

“Remember to not open the door for strangers since you’re gonna be home alone, don’t go out too late, sleep early, make sure what you’re eating is healthy, if you’re worried or scared call one of us and also if y-”

“Okay! Okay! Okay! Oppa, i’ll be fine! Go before the guys get even more annoyed!”

“Fine, fine. But remember!”

“Arraso and what happened today is a secret okay?”

“No promises!” Giving Sunghee a quick hug and peck on the cheek, Himchan grinned wickedly before running off.

Slightly dazed by the peck from Himchan, Sunghee finally came to her senses.
“YAH! Oppa what the heck!”

*Aish that idiot*

Just then, Sunghee heard an uncomfortable cough. As she turned around, her heart leapt out of her chest.

“Luhan! Aish you scared me you jerk.”  

“Oh sorry!” Luhan immediately said, “ I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Well you did anyways so no point in apologizing now.” Sunghee answered, her tone venomous and sharp.

“Oh, sorry..” Luhan sighed, “ So are the plans for tonight still on?”


“The one for the project?”  Sunghee didn’t know what to say, she was tired and was more than ready to go home, and take a nice simple nap. *Aish just say yes, then you can finish the project earlier and steer away from that jerk.*
“Yeah, it’s still on. Do you want to come over now?”
Sunghee said as calmly as possible, yet once again, her heart accelerated quickly. *What is wrong with my heart today, I seriously should go see a doctor.*

“Really? Alright then!” Luhan’s face lit up dramatically. The dark clouds from earlier fading away, as if they never appeared. “We’ll take my car.”

The two then began exiting the school and walking into Luhan’s car. Being the gentleman, he decided to open the car door for Sunghee as she got in, he gave her a rare gentle smile.
*This feels right*  

Sunghee’s face flushed. *I shouldn’t be happy, he’s probably only doing this because he feels like he has to take responsibility.* With that thought, Sunghee went into a rage of inconvenient thoughts about Luhan and the pregnancy, her heart trembling with slight pain as she continues to let Luhan’s harsh words from several months earlier replay in her mind. *When will it be time to move on?*

Luhan got into the car humming a little tune and as he turned to face Sunghee, his heart stopped.

She hadn’t even noticed him getting into the car.  Sunghee’s face was pale, she shivered slightly and she look uneased. Luhans first instinct was to rush and drive to the hospital, but suddenly, he could tell that it wasn’t any physical pain, it was emotional. Gently placing his hand over Sunghee’s and giving her a reassuring squeeze, pulling Sunghee out of her daze. Giving her one meaningful glance, he whispered softly,
“It’s gonna be okay Sunghee, just relax for now okay? We’ll be at your house soon.” Still holding her hand to comfort her, not daring to let go, Luhan gave Sunghee another soft glance and suddenly, Sunghee felt at ease.
*Just this once, i’ll believe him.* With that, the warmness flooded back to Sunghee’s face and a small timid smile appeared as she enjoyed Luhan’s hand on hers and the comfortable silence that followed. With great assurance that Sunghee was alright, Luhan threw one more glance at Sunghee, and then he drove off.


Earlier~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Young mistress, you should rest before going anywhere, you just arrived!”

“Don’t worry Butler Zhang, I’m fine! I want to see oppa and you can’t stop me. Now hurry and go get the car started.”

“Since I can not argue, as you wish, Miss.”


*Oppa will you still recognize me? I left to become better for you.*

As the young mistress walked around the old school that she would be re-attending, memories from the past, both good and bad began to flood her mind. As she continued her journey around, she spotted the one familiar figure that she had missed dearly for three long crucial years. Xi Luhan. Right when she was about to run up to him, she then noticed another familiar person, specifically female, getting into Luhan’s car. She also didn’t fail to notice the baby bump on her. As she looked closer, Luhan held an affectionate gaze, so strong and passionate on the familiar figure that the young mistress also yearned for.

“Who is that girl?” The young mistress thought aloud. As she got a closer look, she noted that Luhan and the familiar female were holding hands as Luhan kept stealing glances at the figure who was also smiling. The young mistresses heart broke when she saw who the familiar figure was as Luhan drove past her.
“Park Sunghee, I knew you would try to lure him from me. I will get my revenge. You just wait and see, Unnie is back.” The mistress heaved, all thoughts of reconnecting and apologizing were gone.



------------------
Hello and Hi there my lovely readers! <3

GUESS WHO’S BACK WITH A SEMI-LONG UPDATE? ^^
I really can’t stress enough HOW THANKFUL I AM TOWARDS YOU GUYS! <3 I know I haven’t updated in a month and my last few updates took forever, I was busy with school and other activities that I simply didn’t have time to update. But now that school is over, YOU KNOW WUT DAT MEANS! MOREE UPDATES WOOOOOT! And no, I will NEVER EVER abandon this story mmkay yall? I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS TO THOSE WHO GAVE THIS STORY A CHANCE AND STAYED LOYAL! <3 HOW DO Y’ALL FEEL ABOUT THAT MISTRESS THOUGH? OUR BABIES COMEBACK WAS TOO PERF.  <3
I’m really happy that in interviews, they’re beginning to show their derp sides AHAHAHA did anyone see The Show champion backstage? LOL OTL THESE DERPS. I LOVE EM SO MUCH And Congrats to them for winning that award. They deserve it<3
I’ll update sometime this weekend, so until then, Comment, Subscribe, fan gul, do what evs LOL Bye. <3