Partners

Taming The Number One Player

Luhan’s POV

4 months was how long it took. 4 months of skipping school, shamefully sleeping around, letting my grades drop and realising that horrid feeling of love and figuring out what I was gonna do about it. That’s right, I’m gonna fight to get Sunghee back and make things right. 4 months was how long it took until my father noticed my bad behavior. Then threatening me with two choices, to either go back to school and get my together or be kicked out of the family.
Obviously picking option one, here I am now at school.

I don’t know when I had started caring about others thoughts, but the moment I had walked through the school gates, everything went dead silent. Everyone was staring straight at me. Self cautious was the perfect word for my feelings at that exact moment. But I wasn’t gonna let them see that, the weak and vulnerable side of me. Nope, never would I let that ever happen. Scowling, I told everyone to go back and mind their business, glaring at anyone who dared to look back at me. Instantly, the school had went back to normal, almost as if I had never appeared at all.


“Idiots.” I muttered to myself.

While walking towards Exo’s hangout, a pair of arms had s around my waist scaring me.


“Oppa welcome back! I missed you.”

Instantly recognizing the voice, I knew it was Yuri. It was pretty disappointing. Why should I expect it to be Sunghee anyway? I messed things up for the both of us. I know for sure I’m gonna make things up to her. She’s the one and only girl who had caused my cold heart to melt and pump warmly, because of her, I felt more emotions than I had during my entire life.

Remembering that Yuri had her hands wrapped around me, I somewhat felt annoyed.


“Not now Yuri. Get off me.”

“But oppa..”

“I’m tired. Leave me alone.”


Yuri then let go of me and her face displayed a hurt expression. But I didn’t let that bother me, all I worry about now is Sunghee. Speaking of Sunghee, I’m terrified to see her. Although I saw her saw her few times, it was merely small glances and I wasn’t even in the right state of mind when I saw her.

Author's POV

Letting out a heavy sigh, Luhan bid farewell to Yuri.
As Luhan walked away, Yuri’s hurt turned into anger as she was cursing out silently and blaming Sunghee for everything.


“You watch out now Park Sunghee I’ll get you back.” Yuri muttered before stomping off.

Luhan had made his way into Exo’s hangout and was greeted awkwardly since many didn’t know how to approach him already being used to his odd behaviour during the past four months. Kris rolled his eyes at his group mates, agitated by their behavior. But Sehun who was oblivious to it ran up to Luhan and greeted him warmly somehow breaking up the awkward tension as members began going up to Luhan.


“So I guess you’re back to normal Luhan hyung?” Kai solemnly said earning a light smack on the head from Kyungsoo

“Aish. What hyung? I was just asking.” Kai mumbled as he pouted

“For now you can say things are just peachy.” Luhan monotonously said

From then on after Exo finished welcoming Luhan once again but more warmly, they went back to minding their own business. Kris then pulled Luhan aside into a more deserted place in Exo’s hangout space.

“So what made you decide to finally come back?” Kris amusingly asked

“I finally realised a feeling and my dad forced me to come or to get kicked out, you know the usual.” Luhan playfully said making Kris smile genuinely happy that Luhan was turning back to normal and hopefully more wise now that he was aware of his feelings.


“Hmm.. what feeling did you discover?” Kris asked deciding to play dumb although he knew Luhans feelings before the clueless idiot realised it.
But then, he saw something strange, peculiar. Simply outrageous, Luhan blushed. Xi-Lu-han ing blushed. Kris’s mouth went slightly agape. Who knew the Number One Player of SM high could simply blush from the little feeling of love, this was something surely new.

Before Luhan could answer, he was saved by the bell. Quickly bidding farewell to Exo, Luhan rushed off.

Luhan arrived to his perspective class and noticed many students had already arrived and were in their seats, most were stunned silent seeing Luhan who once again rolled his eyes at them.

But one particular figure caught his eye. A beautiful figure with long brown voluminous hair, dark brown eyes that crinkled up sweetly outshining everyone in the classroom, a milky white flushed face due to her pregnancy and the genuinely sweet smile that tugged at her soft pink lips as she rubbed her stomach that showed her baby bump which had grown alot since the last time he had seen her. Park Sunghee, she was simply beautiful.

Luhan was pushed out of his little love sick enchantment as he felt someone shove past him, quickly snapping out and looking out to see who the culprit was, he knew that it was Himchan as Himchan was glaring dangerously at Luhan.
That deep-voiced devil Luhan thought as he rolled his eyes.

He then began walking towards his seat with his anxiety at it’s highest peak, Luhan felt as if his chest were about to explode. He had finally reached his chair but Sunghee was too occupied by staring at her baby bump to notice Luhan right away. Once Luhan had pulled out his chair making a slight noise, Sunghee looked up excitedly thinking it was Kris as Luhan heard her happily squeal out Kris’s name. But her voice then faltered dramatically to a mere whisper as she realised it was Luhan mumbling his name out quietly, although it wasn’t as loud and enthusiastic as Kris’, Luhan was still happy that Sunghee said his name.

“Hi.” Luhan sheepishly said.

Sunghee then turned around rolling her eyes not forgetting what the jerk had said to her months earlier. Luhan then face palmed himself thinking how dumb that was.


*Wow way to go , not too long ago, you told her to go get an abortion and that you used her and after finally seeing her, all you have to say is hi? Real smooth Luhan, real smooth. Keep it up and you’ll never win her back.*
He then laid his head down continuing to scold himself mentally.

As Luhan was lost in his own thoughts of his stupidity, Sunghee began to feel slightly suffocated having Luhan next to her and the sharp pain in her back wasn’t helping her at all. Letting out a heavy sigh, she focused her attention on Mr.Yang who had just walked in.


“Class! I have a very important announcement to tell you. But I’ll say it as soon as I’m done with attendance.”

Mr. Yang continued on with attendance but suddenly stopped with a surprised look on his face.

“Well it seems as though Luhan is finally back after being gone for quite some time. Welcome back Luhan.”

Luhan just nodded his head earning another eye roll from Sunghee

“*Tsk* rude” Sunghee mumbled softly, catching Luhans attention right away not wanting to get even more on her bad side, Luhan spoke out saying that he was glad to be back.

After Mr. Yang finished up attendance, he began to talk about his important news.

“Well class, as you all know about the end of the year senior trip to Japan where we will be staying for at least 2 weeks right?

The class then whooped out in excitement

“Woah calm down. First, before you all get too excited, I need to tell you that there will be a research project on Japan that you have to do and pass in order to be able to go.”

The class then groaned and some students were even booing.

“Well on the bright side, you get to work in partners.”

Once again the class had somewhat shouted out sounding slightly happy.

“But I did choose your partners.”

Once again more groans were voiced out.

“Aish you bratty kids, do you want me to make this into a single project without partner then?”

Many shouts varied from No’s to please don’t and apologies.

“Thought so.” Mr. Yang said before he began telling people their partners.

Soon, Sunghee had stopped paying attention as her back began to hurt once more as her face expressed slight discomfort in which Luhan didn’t fail to notice but he couldn’t do anything, since he and Sunghee weren’t exactly on the right terms of anything good.

Sunghee had managed to listen in again as the pain in her back began to subside and Mr. Yang had finished up most of the pairings.

“Now finally, our last two people who will be partners for the project are Park Sunghee and Xi Luhan. This project will be due by the end of next month. Any questions? If not then for the rest of the hour, you all can have free time."

Sunghee was more than shocked and upset while Luhan was smiling happily.


*ASSA! I have a chance to win her back.*

*Everytime I don’t want to be with him, we somehow magically get paired together. Talk about deja vu. Ugh Life hates me*


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N ; HEY GUISE FINALLY AN UPDATE ! :D SORRY I HAVEN’T UPDATED IN A LONG TIME. :c I WAS BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND FINALS AND JUST UGH. I’ll update again soon! C: Until then, BYE I LOVE YOU ALL SODA MUCH <3333