A New Obstacle

My Nerdy Boyfriend

 

 

I ran as fast as I could away from the school to stop at a park. I stood by a tree while trying to calm my heart and thoughts down.

I know that it’s not Kyuhyuns fault and that I’m just probably overthinking this but I still needed to sort things out first in my head.

The tears I felt around my eyes burned a little. I was always one who cried easily so this didn’t surprise me-

But I was caught off as I felt strong arms that weren’t Kyuhyuns wrap around me from behind.

 

===============================================

 

Flashback

 

A nine-year-old boy was sitting alone in his room watching the scene of other boys playing outside laughing and having fun.

 

Sighing, the boy walked away from his window and decided to lie on his bed while staring up at the celling. The nine-year old are more mature that boys the same age as him. Even though he has a ‘family’ who takes care of him and gives him a place to sleep, he knows that he is out of place.

 

The other boys playing outside are actually his ‘brothers’. He knows that they are not real brothers though. He overheard his teachers (who went to school with his ‘appa’) talking about it. His real mother went and had a baby with another man. Even though the have the same umma, they have different appa’s.

 

‘I’m different from them.’ The young boy thought in his head. His face showed no emotion but his eyes told a completely different story. ‘They only asked me to play with them because Kangin told them too.’

 

Yeah he doesn’t call Kangin appa. Even though he sees the hurt look in his face when he did, it’s not like he is really his appa.

 

It’s not like he doesn’t love Kangin because he actually does. He wishes that Kangin were his real appa. He wants his brothers to be his real full blood brothers. It was his birthday today and all he wished was to feel like he belonged with them.

 

But not everyone can get what they want.

 

The boy’s thoughts were interrupted when a hesitant knock sounded from his door. The boy sat up on the bed but didn’t answer.

 

“Hyung are you sleeping?” Came a cute muffled voice outside of his door. “Minnie doesn’t want to wake you up…”

 

Even though the nine-year olds face was stoic, his eyes softened and warmth filled his heart. He got up from his bed and opened the door to see a little boy with dark brown hair looking up at him with his big doe eyes.

 

‘So cute… just like a bunny….’ Is what the older boy though as he looked down at Sungmin.

 

Sungmin was also one of his ‘brothers’. He was the youngest out of them being that he is four years old. Sungmin can be what people called spoiled but it was pretty hard not to spoil him rotten.

 

The bunny suddenly had a big smile on his face as he jumped up to his hyung and squealed out “Hyunggggggg!”

 

Sungmin wasn’t disappointed to see no reaction on the elder’s face since he was already used to it. But he could tell that his hyung was happy by the way his eyes lit up.

 

“Yes Minnie?” The older boy asked him as he made their way back to his bed. Sungmin sat in front of him while he sat with his back facing the door.

 

“Guess what I learned hyung!” Sungmin shouted out happily while waving his small hands around.

 

His hyung said, “What did the little bunny learn?” He said while teasing Sungmin.

 

The younger just puffed out his now pink cheeks and said, “Hyung I’m not a bunny! But I learned about how babies are born!”

 

The older boy chuckled and raised an eyebrow at Sungmin. “Oh really?” He asked.

 

Sungmin quickly nodded his head up and down and began explaining, “Yup! God was holding me in his arms and found umma, then he put me in her tummy!” the little boy explained with happiness.

 

It took all his strength to not laugh at Sungmin’s explanation about how babies were born.

 

“But hyung, how did I come out? Like this?” He said while making his hands exploding out of his stomach with sound effects.

 

The older boy couldn’t hold back the snort that came out as he heard the rest of what Sungmin had to say. “Ask your appa.” He said while looking fondly at Sungmin.

 

But Sungmin tilted his head and asked his hyung with curiosity, “Hyung? Why do you always say ‘Your appa’? Appa is yours too.” The older boy had a passive face but inside he felt sad and gloomy again. How was he supposed to answer this?

 

“Sungmin. Yunho.” A gruff voice came from the side of the two boys on the bed. They both turned their heads to the door as they saw Kangin standing outside with a nervous expression on his face.

 

A “Yeah?” and “Yes appa!” was heard from the two boys.

 

“Come downstairs for dinner okay?” Kangin said while looking nervously at Yunho. They both nodded and headed downstairs just to be met with darkness.

 

Yunho felt the presence of Sungmin and Kangin gone as he stood alone at the last step of the stairs. He was about to panic until he heard a-

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUNHO!!!!”

 

The lights and Yunho could see a big banner hanging saying ‘Happy Birthday! We love you!’ in big bolded letter. On the table had all his favorite foods and a big cake was placed on the counter in the kitchen. He could see gifts (some wrapped nicely and some… not so much) sitting at the side of the cake. His brothers, Leeteuk and Kangin, surrounded the table.

 

His face must have shown his surprised because he heard his brothers and Leeteuk chuckle.

 

Hyukjae stepped up with a bright gummy smile and hugged him tightly wishing him a happy birthday. Sungmin and Leeteuk did the same thing while Heechul kissed him on the cheek with a grin. He must have blushed at his hyung for being so affectionate because he heard him chuckle and could see a smirk making its way to his face.

 

But Kangin just stood awkwardly at the side while staring at his family embrace his second eldest son. Leeteuk and Heechul looked expectantly at him while gesturing to Yunho.

 

Collecting his courage, Kangin made his way to Yunho just to stop in front of him. He noticed that Yunho had to look up to him so he instead kneeled down to see his son eye-to-eye.

 

Kangin was a strong guy physically but not emotionally. He loved his family and would do everything he can to make sure that they are safe but he always noticed the way Yunho sort of distant himself away from them. He knew why he felt like this and he was going to change that. Even though he was surely not used to heat-to-heart talks, he will do it for his son.

 

“Happy birthday Yunho.” Kangin said softly while looking at his son with fondness in his eyes. “Really hoped you like what we set up. Did you?” He asked.

 

Yunho could only nod and avoid Kangin’s eyes. He didn’t want him to see all the emotions in them and also the tears of happiness sitting at the brim of his eyes.

 

Kangin notices this and hesitantly took the boy into his arms and held him close. He buried his face into Yunho’s hair and he could feel the boy shivering in his arms. “I know that you feel different and out of place with us but I can assure you that you belong nowhere else but with us. I know that I don’t really show it but…” Kangin paused in his speech to look at Leeteuk for what to say. Leeteuk and Heechul smiled to show their support and urged him to go on.

 

“…. But I really love you. We all do. I’m sorry that I don’t show it as much but-“ Kangin was cut off as he heard Yunho let out a sob.

 

“W-wait! Don’t cry! I didn’t mean to make you cry-“ But Kangin was cut off again as he felt warm arms throw themselves around his neck and Yunho saying something that he thought that he would never say.

 

“Appa!” His voice was muffled due to his face being buried into his appa’s neck. “Appa!” He called out again.

 

Kangin felt like his face was going to split open by the smile that was on his face but he could care less about that. His son finally called him appa and he couldn’t feel any happier. Kangin felt other hands wrapping themselves around them and he looked up to see that everyone came to join the hug. He felt lips brush against his cheek to see Leeteuk with pink cheeks smiling at him.

 

“See? He just needed for someone to say that he is loved. Even though he doesn’t show it, he’s a sensitive boy.” Leeteuk said. They both smiled.

 

“I wanna hug hyung too!” A voice wailed out from the side of the group hug. Little Sungmin must have been pushed out of the hug due to being too small. His chubby cheeks were puffed out as he pouted his lips. “Sungminnie wants to hug Yunnie too!”

 

Yunho brought his face out from his appa’s neck to reach out and grab his little brother to join the hug too. He buried his face into the bunny’s hair and said, “Of course you can.”

 

End flashback

 

I felt the same strong arms as I did on that day wrap around me from behind. I quickly turned myself around just to throw my arms around my hyung.

 

“Yunho!” I shouted out happily, the sad thoughts about Kyuhyun forgotten for a moment.

 

“Hey bunny.” The older replied with his same expressionless face but his eyes still told a different story. From that night of hyungs birthday party, he really opened up more to us through his eyes. His face always remained blank. Only on a few occasions did his face show his real feelings.

 

“When did you get back?” I asked him while looking him over. He grew out his hair a little and it was still the same dark brown. He basically looked the same but he’s more buffer now.

 

“Just today actually. I was going to surprise you today at school.” He said.

 

I’m really happy that he decided to visit me at school-

 

Wait. He was at my school? My mind flashed back to Kyuhyun. He couldn’t have seen that right?

 

I was proven wrong when I saw the anger in my hyungs eyes.

 

“Who was that tall guy with you under the tree not too long ago?” He asked me with a calm voice that made me nervous.

 

I just bit my lip but didn’t answer him. What was I going to tell him? That the tall guy is my boyfriend? No way, not when he looks so pissed off. He must have seen me about to cry.

 

I know that it’s not Kyuhyun’s fault. I always get emotional fast. Of course I’m upset with him a little and I ran away from him but it’s because I didn’t want him to see me crying!

 

“H-he’s just one of my friends hyung…” I lied quietly to him. It’d not like I want to hide our relationship but it’s not the right time to tell him.

 

My hyung stared at me suspiciously but didn’t say anything about it after that. “Did he make you cry?” He asked with a dangerously calm voice.

 

“N-no hyung!” I denied.

 

“Then why did you run away from him when you were at the school. I could see the tears wanting to come out Sungmin.”

 

I was only sad because I thought Kyuhyun lied to me. He told me that I was his first boyfriend but by how Ryeowook was talking about it, it seemed like Kyuhyun had someone before me. I didn’t notice that I was getting upset again until I felt the warm and strong hands cupping my cheeks.

 

“You see?” Yunho said.

 

“Hyung you k-know how I am. I’m always too emotional… W-we just got into a little argument.” I said trying to calm him down. “It’s pretty much my f-fault for getting so upset over it…”

 

It really is my fault. I didn’t even stay to listen to him explain himself.

 

“Sungmin!” I heard a voice shout out and rushed steps coming towards me. Oh no.

 

When I looked to Kyuhyun, I saw his eyes attached to the hands of a stranger that was cupping my cheeks. I quickly grabbed my hyungs hands to let me go and he complied.

 

Just to see his fist throwing itself to Kyuhyuns face.

 

============================================

Wahh it takes me forever to update now! I'm really sorry,it's just that my grades for English and Math is kind of dropping (I'm in highschool) now so it's taking me forever to get them back up O_O

Anyways many of you guessed it right. It was actually Yunho:) Sorry for the lack of Kyumin in here but the next chapter will have it so don't worry! Many of you were saying that Kyuhyun had it too easy so here comes the other big brother Yunho who is actually an 'act first think later kind of guy'. Hope you guys enjoyed:D

Minnie and his hyung:)

For those of you who doesn't know how he looks like.

And you know that I can't forget about my y bias *_*

Hyukkie and his 'wifey' :)

And yes, Hyukkie is ripping off Haes shirt.

Hope you enjoyed:D